It appeared that there were dragons from many different clans clustered around the rock, so Jade figured that it would be a big sacrifice. Looking over, she saw many dragons dragging hatchlings up to the rock. Squealing and struggling, the hatchlings desperately tried to get away. There were so many... How could she possibly save them all? Maybe she could scoop up some and do something to help the rest get away, but even that would be risky. Hiding in a tree, Jade looked down at the terrible scene below and frantically tried to think of something to do. Unless she helped, these hatchlings would be dead in just a few minutes...

At that point in time, Loria's father and her were both perched near Ireilia. With a grand view of the sacrifice that would soon happen and many of the other dragons who were clustered around. She glanced back and forth from her father and Ireilia, and a little bit to the other dragons with such great seats, all with stone looking expressions... Expect Ireilia. As usual, she looked like someone who just got free candy. Happy, was just one word to describe her. Though, the two words that came to Loria's mind was: Crazy Happy. Or at least Bloody. It was almost time Før the sacrifices. And a large one at that.

Surveying the hatchlings, Jade decided that she would be able to grab four. If she picked the four weakest ones, the stronger ones might have a chance of escape- but they would need help. If she injured Ireilia, maybe that would distract the others for just a moment, and allow the hatchlings to escape. Looking behind her, she saw a small clearing that was a decent distance away. If she grabbed the hatchlings and managed to get there, maybe some hatchlings would find her. If she pointed a claw in that direction, maybe all of them would escape. The bushes behind the rock were thick, so hopefully only a hatchling could get through. Praying that her plan would work, Jade waited for the right moment to swoop down.

Edited by cavygirl12

Regional sighed. Another sacrifice. It wasn't like he didn't enjoy them, they are great ways to show who was in charge. And they kept the gods' blessings with us, but a huge one like this? It was a bit too... Noticeable for his taste.

Loria was sitting upright in front of her father. Her tail touching one of his legs barely. Ireila was still watching everything along with the other dragons sitting along side her.

((Its only 4 PM for me -.-))

Goldenbrail sighed heavily, he thought it will be a large sacrifice. Sadly, he was right.... He looked at the struggling hatchlings with a sad expresion. He didnt know why he didnt try to lead a rebel and just, fly away. He knew he could lead a rebel if he wanted, but there was something inside him not allowing him to.

As she entered a clan, she immidiatly noticed excitement. many dragons were murmuring with excited voice. Easedropping, she realized there was going to be sacrifice today. She hated them. They reminded her too much of day her mother died. But missing such big one would mean questions and suspicion. That was last thing she want. She had to go, no matter how hard it was.

The sacrifice stone was crowded. People waiting for blood,no doubt. She imagined inside her head. taking them and heading off somewhere far. But she probably would die if she tried. and she couldn't exactly throw her life away. Especially in such a hopeless situation. And she should have gone to start blending in soon. She repressed her thought and got her cheery self on, chatting with some other dragons. It was what she hated about the sacrifices. they took her off the guard. Made it harder to concentrate on faking a smile, or on talking without giving herself away. She glanced around, looking for someone watching her with curiosity or suspicion. There was none. She found a group of hatchling from her clans. She walked over to them.

Edited by sueprin

((Anyone want me to find? All the clans are at the gathering so eh... tongue.gif))

((Hai der Pinkeh! Sorry for disappearing. I'll get there... someday... I am a complete and total derp.))

Edited by DayGloryNightGlory

((What my RP? Yeah i was wondering why you left..))

Luna spiraled down through the clouds and into the forest below. Only then did she realize that the other dragons hadn't seen her but had been traveling to one point nearby. She flew to where the dragons were gathering, wondering what could be going on. She landed in a tree out of sight and was repulsed by what she saw; hatchlings on a large rock desperately trying to escape. Immediately she knew what was happening and that she needed to help them.

((I believe Luna and Goldenbrail are in teh same clan, right?))

Goldenbrail watched as the first hatchling was placed on thr table, the sacrificer raised his hand and stabbed down into the hatchlings chest, killing it. Goldenbrail shuddered and looked around for a distraction from the sacrifices. In the corner of his eye he noticed a dragon land in a tree to be out of sight.

Good enough distraction... he thought to himself.

Mirera tried to ignore the fact that those hatchling would be killed soon.It could have been her. It still might be. Her family had not filled their quota, she knew. Who knew, with those leaders. 'Devils on the earth,' she though. No matter how well she faked, it might be useless.

Edited by sueprin

Loria stared as blood started oozing slowly from the dead hatchling. Am so was Reginald as well. Standing like stone, they watched as the next hatchling came up to be sacrificed. Not taking her eyes off of it's terrified face and the sacrificer's bored face. Well, not exactly bored but quite a bit less frightened then the hatchling's.

But then, too quick for her to do anything, a hatchling was put on the top of the boulder and stabbed. Why didn't they say prayers before? Jade couldn't bear to look as the life left the innocent little hatchling, a look of terror still plastered on its face. Some dragons were cheering and shouting praise to the gods. It was absolutely disgusting. Next to the boulder, the terrified hatchlings weren't moving at all. Several serious looking gaurds were glaring at the them, as if daring them to move. It was time. Swooping down at impressive speed, Jade scratched Ireila with her back claws, hoping that she would end up with scars. Ireila collapsed, letting out a scream of pain, and the guards came running over. Meanwhile, scooping up the four weakest hatchlings, Jade flew straight up, making sure to scratch an arrow pointing in the proper direction first. In an attempt to confuse the clan dragons and give the hatchlings time to get to the clearing, she flew in and out of trees, constantly appearing and reappearing. Hoping the other hatchlings had gotten to the clearing, she landed in it and beckoned towards the bushes for them to come out. "Quick!" she whispered urgently, "Before they get here." Several hatchlings clambered onto her back although she was not sure exactly how many. Hoping that she had got all of them, Jade spread her wings and shot up into the air, not bothering to look back to see if she was being followed.

((Heeeey guys what happened to delete OOC posts as often as possible :\ ))

“Hey! Where are you going?”

Cym froze. He turned around slowly to see the snout of an annoyed-looking white hatchling. Damn it. He had almost made it to the cliffs too – they were already in sight. That wasn’t going to help his case any. “Nowhere. Just exploring. What?”

“Jeez, Cym! There’s a reason we’re not allowed on the cliffs, you know. It’s dangerous, and you could slip and fall to your death. Stop trying to go there, it’s not as if there’s anything to see!” Kira quickly stepped behind Cym and nudged him away from the cliffs.

“Well it’s not like I haven’t explored every tiny bit of the island that I’m allowed on!” Cym shoved Kira away. “Besides, I can fly and it’s not as if I’ll just drop dead if I slip…” he trailed off, looking at Kira’s unamused face. “Look, come on. You have to watch the other hatchlings too, don’t you? Maybe they’re having a party in the swamp already. Let me off, just this once?”

“Definitely not. Come along.” Cym sighed and followed Kira. He wondered when Jade would be back. At least then there would be some new hatchlings to talk to.

She felt another dragons eyes on her as she landed. Hopefully they didn't think much of her Luna thought to herself. So much for being out of sight. Hopefully they thought she was just another onlooker for the gruesome sacrifices. As she watched the first hatchling was brought up and then killed. Luna thought that the killing was supposed to take place as a leader said a prayer thing to the gods. The second was brought up and she cringed. She knew she should be doing something but she was frozen with fear and hatred. The second hatchling cried piteously and whimpered in fear. Luna noticed the executioner was bored. It filled her with anger and Luna used her anger at it to break through the paralysis that held her in her place. She flew to another tree, closer to the leader. She was about to swoop out of the tree when another dragon, a black dragon, came out of nowhere and attacked the leader. Then the black dragon took four hatchlings, waited for a few more to climb onto her back and flew off, only to reappear and then dissappear once more. The dragon flew in and out of the trees in an effort to distract and confuse the dragons watching the sacrifice. Determined to help Luna leaped out of the tree and flew out into the crowd who had gathered, trying to do as much damage as possible. She hoped that the black dragon had escaped. As she wove in and out she saw the remaining hatchlings who hadn't been taken crawling away. Luna, hoping to buy the hatchlings time to escape, flew above the crowd and straight in front of the sun with her wings unfurled dramatically, causing her shadow to appear larger and more fierce than she really was. The effect was instantaneous. Many of the gathered dragons who had been so confused at her arrival were now launching themselves into the air and chasing her. A few fled the area. Now all Luna could do was hope she was fast enough to escape the angry dragons who were on her trail.

Edited by Arrianna_of_lyne

Goldenbrail smiled and almost laughed as he saw two dragons try to help the hatchlings, he saw one of the dragons in the air flying away as a distraction. He smiled and flew after the dragon. He looked behind him and saw some angry dragons chasing the dragon in front of him, he caught up to her and smiled. He sent a telepathic message,

"Good work, you better fly..."

Luna almost fell out of the sky when she heard a voice in her head say 'good work. You'd better fly..' she was shocked but recovered quickly and redoubled her efforts. If only she could get to the sea, then she could lose them using the same trick she had used to escape her own sacrafice. The dragons behind her were gaining on her as most were fully grown adults many years older than her. She risked a glance back to see how close and found a gold dragon almost upon her. But sonething about the gold made her wonder whose side he was on. He smiled to her and Luna knew that he was not going to hurt her. For now anyway.

Goldenbrail realised he had shocked her,

"Sorry, do you have a plan to shake them off?"

He looked behind him and saw around 15 fully grown dragons chasing them, he knew his scales were harder than most of theres so he stopped in mid-air and opened his wings to block the dragons. Some of them attempted to go under him but they flew into each other and fell to the ground, he caught back up to the other dragon.

"I got rid of a few, who are you anyway?"

Apparently the dragon knew telepathy. 'sorry,' his voice said, 'do you have a plan for shaking them off?' unfortunately Luna didn't know telepathy so all she could do was nod slightly as she strained to stay airborne and in front of the 15-odd dragons chasing her, those who were in sight anyway. She didn't think the gold dragon saw her and he stopped mid-flight, wings fully stretched out, blocking the dragons. She saw a few drop down as they crashed in an effort to avoid the gold. He seemed satisfied with his work and caught back up with Luna. 'I got rid of a few,' he said telepathically, 'so who are you anyway?' "Luna," she called back to the gold but her voice was so faint that she doubted he heard. She wanted to stop badly but she knew that they were still being chased and to stop would be to give up and die so she kept going.

Edited by Arrianna_of_lyne

Apparently Luna didnt know how to use telepathic talking,

"I'll teach you if we make it out of this alive......"

He turned to face the other dragons and sent flames at them. The rest of them decided to turn back and flew back to the sacrificing area.

Goldenbrail smiled at Luna as he watched the other dragons flee.

'I'll teach you if we make it out of this alive..' With that the gold turned around once more to blow fire at the rest of the dragons. Being so close, they had really no way to avoid the searing flames and the few who hadnt been burned flew back hastily so as to escape from the second round of flames they knew were coming. The gold smiled at her again and she smiled back. She couldn't slow down, she knew that if she broke pace for even a second, she would plummet back down to the ground and to her death. "what's your name?" Luna asked between gulps of oxygen.

Finally daring to look back, Jade was relieved to see that no one was chasing her. She had been flying for a little over an hour, and she could see Maika Island not too far away. Jade felt like she would pass out. Flying so fast and so long really made her exhausted. With Maika Island drawing closer by the second, Jade couldn't wait to go into her cave and take a nap. Maybe I should ask one of the older hatchlings to show the new ones around while I take a nap. Kira would do it, but maybe Cym could too, just so he could go for an hour or two without attempting something dangerous.