shadow_claw

Autoimmune disorders

/also raises hand.

I only have Hashimoto's/Hypothyroidism. i guess i got lucky with getting with my deal with an AutoImmune disorder. My mother has RA though, so it runs in my family which really does suck.

Hashimoto's Thyroidtis and Hypothyroidism aren't the same thing. Hashimoto's attacks the Thyroid, as an auto immune disease. Hypothyroidism is when your Thyroid doesn't produce enough hormones. Although, someone can have both, even though they aren't the same thing/

I have Hypothyroidsm (as does my grandmother and mother). I had to stop taking my thyroid pills, though, because I because extremely suicidal and unable to function at all. Not sure what to do now. My mother suggested cutting my pills in half and taking them, but i'm not sure I want to be back on those pills. I felt absolutely horrible. I literally had to force myself not to jump out of a moving car on the expressway, I was THAT bad.

I've hypothyrodism (only one out of a mass of problems that I have) but when I started the pills, and got on the right dosage, i felt so much better. My other problems aren't autoimmune.

My dad has secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis and mild psoriasis.

My mom has Graves' disease. She was diagnosed when she was 16 though she'd had it for awhile by then, took some RAI and was fine afterwards on the thyroid pill.

My mom's parents both have type 2 diabetes, and her brother has had stage 4 thyroid cancer. He's also insulin resistant but not quite diabetic. My grandma has psoriasis, but a different from from what my dad has.

All I have so far (that I know of) is anemia.

Edited by Snickie