Gluria

Nebula alt/regular ratio going mad?

Does anyone else notice this?

It once took me eight purple Nebs to get one green, now I had two greens in a row and a red one (that was supposed to turn blue).

Is there something going on with the ratios like with the Blacks lately?

[i searched for a topic, but couldn't find one]

Edited by Gluria

I've DEFINITELY noticed this. Every darn Nebula I've had lately has turned Green.

(Which is even more unfortunate for me, because I despise the color Green. >.<)

The green and red Nebulas were released a little more than one year ago. I think I have read that dragons older than a year don't count for the ratios, so maybe this is because many red and green ones have "fallen out" of the ratios these days?

(I have not noticed it myself, but will try to get some CBs now, since I still need some red and green ones.)

I joined DC in February, and I have 6 Nebulas. 5 are the alt colors, only 1 is normal. So I think there may be something wonky with the ratios, but I don't have a large enough sample to say for sure.

Yes - I am only getting red and green and I want the others...

Really? I didn't know. Maybe now I can finish a project with my green Nebs. I kept getting Nebs back when the non-alting streak was going on and now they've stopped producing Nebs.

They swing back and forth. It'll probably even out some in time, unless TJ put it in the coding to /make/ them swing to keep demand up. Which would be silly, since nebs have always been in demand, even before the alts came out.

I need red Nebulas for one of my projects and I get more regular blue ones than red. dry.gif

so far, i don have any Nebs...

but just a question: shouldn't this be in the help section? O.O

because then the admins could deal with this problem

just a question =.=

My ratio:

Normal: 7

Blue: 4

Purple: 3

Alt: 7

Red: 2

Green: 5

(2 unhatched)

It looks like right now they are evened out, so do they still count as alts?

I caught 4 nebula eggs in the past 1-2 weeks, got 1 blue, 1 red and 1 purple, 1 is still an egg.

Altogether on my scroll:

blue: 3

purple: 7 (trying to trade it for a blue one)

red: 6

green: 5

unhatched: 1

So that's 10 normal and 11 alt ones, seems rather evened out to me.

Edited by Ha-Ki

It took me a month of stalking and grabbing Ap'd Nebula eggs before one finally alted(I had one the month before but I'd wanted it frozen, it grew up too quick on me)

Pretty sure it's random chance. I have a purple hatchling right now and I'm waiting for another to gender.

I joined about a week ago and I saw a really cool looking dragon. Turns out it's called a Nebula dragon. Turns out it's also in high demand.

I've yet to snag one but I came close today. Maybe next time.

I'm making sure I always have one egg slot open on my scroll in case I spot that elusive nebula egg description.

Sooner or later, I will get one!

Also I'm new so I have no idea what most of this conversation is.

I got eight consecutive reds when I needed a blue (nine if you count the one my friend got for me, which also turned red). Then I finally got a blue. That blue's first offspring turned blue, which was a relief... Since then, I steered clear of Nebulas until now - I currently have an ungendered hatchie I hope will turn red.

I joined about a week ago and I saw a really cool looking dragon. Turns out it's called a Nebula dragon. Turns out it's also in high demand.

I've yet to snag one but I came close today. Maybe next time.

I'm making sure I always have one egg slot open on my scroll in case I spot that elusive nebula egg description.

Sooner or later, I will get one!

Also I'm new so I have no idea what most of this conversation is.

Check the Desert; I see them pretty regularly there. smile.gif Nebula dragons can be purple or green (males only) or blue or red (female only). When they were released, only the purple/blue pair were available, then the red/green variants were released one April Fool's day. They're not really alts, but people find the terminology convenient. smile.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Check the Desert; I see them pretty regularly there.  smile.gif

I check the desert often, I know it's the only place they will appear. I guess it's just bad luck for me.

I'll keep trying though!

I also check the AP but I doubt that many people will abandon a Nebula egg.