DragonGirl10188

Roleplaying School

What do the roleplaying "levels" (low, medium, high) actually mean here? I have seen people refer to both one or two paragraphs per post and giant page-long hunks of text as "literate", so I kind of want to know what to expect before signing up as anything >.>

Well low would be -poor grammar, bad spelling- and/or -lack of experience and general newbishness-.

Medium would be understanding the basics, decent posts.

High would be more experience; better, longer, higher quality posts, but still needs some help to perfect the art.

And no, a text wall (or generally long post) does not imply literacy, it's simply a long post. Literacy is just that, being able to spell and use grammar correctly.

biggrin.gif

Also, I URLed it:

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rps.png] [/URL]

Edited by Dusset

The levels of literacy are defined in the additional rules and guidelines section, I believe, and they account for length as well as quality. That's why you hear "literate" used to mean so many things, some are using the word by definition, and some are using the word by the guideline's levels. However, we don't use those, instead we use low medium and high, as defined by dusset(thanks by the way) for the school.

Reread my post and wooooow I am the master of terrible phrasing. I'm, uh, kind of asking about the approximate amount of text you would expect in a post from each level.

Well. Technically, literacy means the ability to read, which means that if you're going for a completely technical definition, anything we post on the internet cannot be literate because they are pixels on a screen. When that adjective is used to describe text, you sort of have to imply that the meaning has been altered for this use >>

Aaaand no, it's not in the guidelines, actually. I checked. In the RP tips one it's implied that one-sentence posts don't count as literate, but overall it's pretty vague and no actual definitions are given. Kind of why I'm looking for one now.

Username: Bloodykisses123

Level of roleplay: semi-lit, literate, hopefully. happy.gif

You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers): If allowed, I could possibly do all...

Other languages you speak: Spanish, Na'vi(wink.gif), a tiny tiny bit of Hebrew, if that counts.

Group or one student?: either is fine.

Your limit for a group number?: Five

Activity (1-7 days a week): 6 or 7

Roleplay example:

Not a soul dare challenged the voice that cried out among the crowd. Its words still hung heavily in the cold air, interrupted by nothing but the coughing of the sick villagers that laid in their beds close by. Every movement was regarded with hesitation and wariness, each sound nothing but a whisper in the wind. The man who had spoken stepped forward, his eyes bulging with unhidden fear. His hands shook visibly and the people around sympathized with him. Nobody wanted to question the queen's orders.

"It's not fair your M-majesty... It's just... not... fair..." He spoke in a whisper, his voice shaking and stuttering at every word longer then two syllables.

The Queen looked down at him with disdain clear on her features.

"I don't care." Her voice was cold, like the ice that hung from the roofs they covered their houses with.

Other: Umm... I like playing very very evil characters, or very just and good ones. happy.gif So, if you like those, I'm your girl.

Edited by BloodyKisses123

I'd say 1-2 sentences for low. 3-4 for medium, and 4 and up for high.

But that's quantity, gotta take quality into account too.

Reread my post and wooooow I am the master of terrible phrasing. I'm, uh, kind of asking about the approximate amount of text you would expect in a post from each level.

Well. Technically, literacy means the ability to read, which means that if you're going for a completely technical definition, anything we post on the internet cannot be literate because they are pixels on a screen. When that adjective is used to describe text, you sort of have to imply that the meaning has been altered for this use >>

Aaaand no, it's not in the guidelines, actually. I checked. In the RP tips one it's implied that one-sentence posts don't count as literate, but overall it's pretty vague and no actual definitions are given. Kind of why I'm looking for one now.

Definition of literate xd.png your argument is invalid. It can be properly used to define text, as shown in the example.

It's not? *searches all the rules, guidelines and related topics, but doesn't find it.* you're right! Their used to be, but maybe they took it out when it got edited. I swear to you that it was on there at some point before. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for it... Anyway, it was really good to have as a definition. It had four levels: illiterate, semi-lit, literate and... Like, advanced or excellent, or something like that. Each had a definition that accounted for length and quality. Anyway! We're getting off track.

Username:Shadow2345

Level of roleplay: illiterate all the way to literate. Sadly make to many mistakes to be advanced.

You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers): medium to high

Other languages you speak: I can speak Russian but not write nor read it. Speak fluently though

Group or one student?: group

Your limit for a group number?: none, the more the better

Activity (1-7 days a week): on everyday unless something comes up.

Roleplay example: Reapers Grim, The Overlord Test, Zombies, Black Darkness, The 12 Elements, Time War, Reapers Grim 2, Plus a dozen or so on my own forum.

Other: if I do get accepted I would drag people to a role play I have either active or in need of members. If that doesn't work me and the students could make a plot together so everyone is happy and jump in from there.

Role playing example huh? Well I guess I can make a post, I'll take one from my own forum if you don't mind. Had to cut it from a larger post xd.png. :

The time seemed to pass rather quickly for the man. With each right answer he could feel his pains lessening, he could feel the very age leaving his old body. He thought he was becoming immortal, in a way he was right, but oh so wrong. The pains had indeed lessened, but his flesh was dead. Reaper knew it and watched it, keeping the man's head alive so he could hear the answers, then check them once he was dead. He knew of the creatures that came from the sky, he fought their ship not too long ago. But their reach had been further then he had anticipated, not only was that not the only ship like he had thought, but there were hundreds. The continent was burning, a one sided war being fought. The leading power amassed an army, and they charged at a spot where they thought the enemy was at, By the time they got half way a hand full only remained... Smaller flying ships had rained fire on them, took their numbers by the dozens. Then there were those that suddenly fell with their heads split open. Panic ran amok in the army, many fled, but as soon as they were out of sight their screams echoed through the area, and it wasn't quick, the screams ran on for hours as parts of the man were thrown back. The man did not dare desert again. But once they were half way they stopped. A force of around twenty stood before them. Finally, an enemy they could fight, and win against. The two hundred surviving man charged the enemy, the enemy wore dark armor, with each having a splash of other color, but the other color was always different in their ranks. The charging army started to fall with each step they took, light flashing from their enemies, going through their bodies. A half dozen reached the enemy, one swung a sword out at the closest who stepped in, grabbed the poor man's wrist, twisted it in such a way that the wrist broke and the sword still in the man's hand ended up blade first in his neck. The enemy let him fall gurgling as he tried to cling to life. The ODST looked around, the other natives were killed off too. The man told the Reaper how metal coffins rained down in the great city of Alb out of whichh came monsters, creatures with different colored armor, blue, red, yellow, white, black ect. The creatures shot blue lights, some had shining swords like the very gods... But these creatures killed by the hundreds, some were killed true, but it took tremendouse effort from mere mortals. The onslaught was ended when the local mages guild assembled in the city square and cast a spell, a wave of energy whipped out, killing the monsters. The city of Ood wasn't as lucky, flying ships came within it, and outside of it, out of which other monsters came out of. These weren't stopped, some types never even died, shedding arrows off as if they were rain droplets. The city was destroyed within hours, out of the two million that lived in the city, only half a dozen escaped that we know of. There are rumors that these things are all over the planet, not just our great lands... They say that we have it best, that we have the weakest enemies killing us, but even so, we are dieing, and we are loosing, only those of higher powers stand any chance, but the Wizards are doing nothing, some say their dead too, but no one believes it, the Wizards are just too strong, if their dead, then the planet might as well give up hope because they were second only to gods. Reaper nodded. He had one more question. "Do you feel it?" He asked the man who tilted his head before grinning. "You mean Immortality running through my veins?" He asked him, and the Reaper chuckled. "Oh no my dear friend, its death rotting away your flesh, only your head remains alive, and now i have no use for you. You die here and now, and i am a being of honor, so you can go to your house, you'll stay there for a day then come back to serve me. This wa we both win, i get a minion, you go home like prommised" Reaper said, he let the man's mind comprehend what was said, and as he opened his mouth to say something Reaper let the blood loss hit the man's head where it killed what remained of his mind. Reaper smiled as the zombie got up and limped off toward where its old house used to be. Reaper chuckled, and spoke. "Assassin, War Monger, in here now" He said and the assasin slipped in through the doors, all ailments of his treatment gone. A heavily armored skeleton walked in too. "My lord" Both said. "I need you to find me something called the Wizards Tower, there you shall meet what remains of those powerful beings of old. Tell them i come in peace, and tell them that i shall personally come to discuss... a truce" He said and the air grew yet colder. The skeleton nodded. "Yes sir" Oh, and War, grab yourself a dozen man, if you come on any towns kill them, turn them to my will and use them to bloster your forces so you could take bigger and bigger towns. And Assassin, you go on ahead of War, tell the Wizards that my forces come in advance of me to make sure there is no foul play on their side. Those are your assignments, and on your way out, tell Beast to hunt down two Vyre's for me, i'll need them alive" He said and flicked his wrist, dismissing them. He leaned back in his chair and was in his trance once again, his powers returning to him after so many ages of misuse, now, now once again he was on the rise, and this time, there would be no Ancients to stop him.

@Cyrus, hah! I don't think I ever read them. I only ever heard reference to lit and semi-lit. So I suppose my explanations of those in the past have been warped. xd.png

xd.png. Shadow, I couldn't read that all. X3.

You're in, I read the first part. ^^.

And Bloody, you too!

Thanks Duss for the URL.

ALSO, you can't drag students into current roleplays. You have to let the students make the plot, test their creativity.

No more teacher apps until we have at least one student per teacher, then we'll have a few more teachers.

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Erm no guys.

Teachers can't roleplay with other teachers. Guys, please split up. If this isn't a RP School roleplay, don't talk about it here.

It's 'kay.

Lalasa, I'm gonna start our RP.

If anyone wants to join, they can say.

I'm not to good at Rping and I've found I quite like it xd.png

Username: Shadowwolf6

Level of roleplay: Umm... I think I'm medium....

Preffered teacher?: Nope

Group or you and a teacher?: Me and a teacher would be fun xd.png

Preffered plot (if any): Nope

Is english your born language: Yes

If not, what is? (and would you preffer english or that language): N/A

Roleplaying example:

Artemis nodded to her newly-found hunters. She tapped the wolf's side and she began to run. They gained speed and trees flew past. They didn't hit one at all. Wind filled Artemis's ears, the world became a blur... She slowed. The trees stopped, but they were different. They were taller, denser. The forest seemed thicker, the sky was darker. She pulled the wolf around and waited again for the three girls.

Amicia shrugged and Fell began to run. Following closely behind Artemis. She slowly overtook her, and vanished. Amicia stared. Artemis had vanished. Into thin air.

Easy there. Leave some pupils for the rest of us maybe?

Nah.... I think I'll pass... Joking! Sorry, I'm just so... (with lack of a perfect word) EXCITED! xd.png

Since bloody asked first, I think it's fair to let him teach one, but the other should go to someone else... Duss? You wanna teach the other?

Sure, I'll take the other.

*Quickly forgets he isn't picking starter Pokemon and looks around for fire type.*

Edited by Dusset

I would like dusset if possible, but if bloody wants me, then im OK with that