DragonGirl10188

Roleplaying School

No more teacher apps until we get at least one student each teacher.

If and when you graduate, you'll get a present! Your teacher, or I, will give you an egg or two! :3. Don't worry, it'll be simply. Ask for an egg and then your there.

Roleplaying School

The old roleplaying school I knew died off, probably eaten by a dragon. Since the idea wasn't too shabby and I know a few players who are a bit rusty with roleplaying, I'm bringing it back to life. First we need lightning...

You'll be taught singly by one teacher or with a whole group with one teacher, a 1x1 or a whatever on whatever. The plot can be anything PG13, and the teacher is allowed to do whatever they want with their students.

How it works

Basically, you fill out the form below. If you decide to fill it out for a teacher's role, I'll consider it. Your roleplaying has to be lively and good. Students will always be accepted, no matter what.

If you want a certain teacher, request them. Or I can just assign you to a random teacher. Each teacher decides if they want one student or a group. They then start a new topic and roleplay, tracking progress on this topic.

Teacher guide:

Step 1: Post your app!

Step 2: (If you're accepted) Wait for students to come in, depending on how many you wish to have.

Step 3: Start a new topic, but don't even mention ideas for a plot. Get the group of students to decide a plot, test their creativity.

Step 4: Make characters! Let the teacher start, and keep on roleplaying. The teacher will point out roleplaying mistakes (not grammar, spelling or puncuation) and give hints.

Step 5: Track your progess and plots here! Such as, "Crazyposter just killed off their second character, Jack. Stinky's character Lola killed him".

Graduation and tips!

To graduate, you have to be better than you were when you joined. Your teacher will decide when you graduate, if at all. If you don't, don't feel sad! You can be in the next group with the same teacher, or different! Graduating means:

Creativity: Able to create juicy plots, and twist the roleplay in good ways.

-Characters: Also in creativity, able to create beefy characters, good or bad!

Length: You are able to get at least 2 paragraphs per post, with at least 5 sentences in each.

-On writer's block: At least 6 paragraphs with writer's block.

Detail: You are able to beef up posts with details. Ex. "Jack walked down the street" to "Jack quickly walked down the dim lit street".

-Able to add more: When you have a simple post with no details, able to put details in and make at least one new paragraph.

English: Punctuation, spelling, and grammar are the main things. "i tak lik this" to "I talk like this" would be an example.

-Grammar: Proper grammar, from "I are good is grammar" to "I am good at grammar".

-Spelling: Spelling! You all know what this is! One spelling mistake is all right, just not a heap!

Puncuation- Able to shorten words, showing examples of ownership, ex. "Cannot= Can't" Or "Jacks bag= Jack's bag".

I know that may seem like a lot, but it's pretty simple with a few tips! Don't worry, it's simple. Combine them and it makes... err... Createlengtailsh. Or something like that. At the bottom of the post is a way to beat writer's block, go on! Go down!

Tips:

-Ask yourself questions, beef up your post with them (ex at bottom of page).

-Don't crit yourself! Say it's good, not bad.

-If you spell check, stop right there! Read your post, now spell check. Now read it again. Try to point out changes.

-Look up stuff. When I was a kid, I didn't know what nimble meant. I searched it and use it a lot in my posts now.

-Replace words, what could replace fast? Quick... speedy... ect...

-Don't be afraid to add back story. "Quinn's life was horrid" to "Quinn's life was horrid. At her young pup years, her father died. Later on her mother replaced his place, leaving her abandoned to her fate"

Teachers and Students

Teachers:

Dragongirl10188- Low-High. Can speak Italian, Irish and Korean.

-Lalasa.

Group

Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus - Low-Medium. Only English.

Group

Dusset- Low/Medium. Only English.

Single student.

Bloodykisses- Low-High. Spanish, Na'vi, and a little bit of Hebrew.

Limit of 5. (Group or student)

Shadow2345- Medium-High.

Group. No limit.

Students:

Lalasa- Dragongirl10188.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

~ Cussing is forbidden, use censorkip.gif instead.

~ Do not doubt your teacher.

~ Teachers, don't over use your 'powers'.

~ Characters have to be good and beefy.

~ Don't whine if I don't accept you as a teacher.

~ Any plot is fine smile.gif.

~ PG13 please.

~ TEACHERS, you can't drag your student(s) into a current roleplay. Make a new one for you guys only and let them decide the plot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teacher form:

Username:
Level of roleplay:
You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers):
Other languages you speak:
Group or one student?:
Your limit for a group number?:
Activity (1-7 days a week):
Roleplay example:
Other: 

Student form:

Username:
Level of roleplay:
Preffered teacher?:
Group or you and a teacher?:
Preffered plot (if any):
Is english your born language:
If not, what is? (and would you preffer english or that language):
Roleplaying example: 

~~~~~~

Current roleplays:

None.

~~~~~

Banners

Free for use 83.

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rpschool.png] [/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rps.png] [/URL] 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to beat Writer's Block!

It's easy. Here, I'll show you examples. Work with me.

Isabell walked down the street.

Why did she walk down the street?

Isabell walked down the street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries.

Why didn't the mother do it?

Isabell walked down the street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough.

Where is she then? The mum?

Isabell walked down the street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell.

Describe how she walked and the street.

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell.

Did she encounter anything?

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickens.

Who's Mr. Rickens and what was he doing?

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he watered his plants.

Could you explain what types of plants, and how he watered?

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables.

Were the vegetables ripe or bad?

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. They were all ripe besides one orange tree, which stood in the grass.

Why is it not ripe? Everything else is.

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. They were all ripe besides one orange tree, which stood in the grass. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the tree. It had been a while since they started to grow again.

Erm, how where there pigs there?

Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. They were all ripe besides one orange tree, which stood in the grass. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the tree. It had been a while since they started to grow again. The pigs had escaped from the Duncan's farm, roaming the village. Duncan's farm was a big, quiet farm just north of the village.

Hey! Look!

You've gone from:

"Isabell walked down the street"

To:

"Isabell quickly walked down the lively street, her mother had sent her out to fetch the groceries as her mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Isabell. On the way, she spotted Mr. Rickerns. He was an old man and as she walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. They were all ripe besides one orange tree, which stood in the grass. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the tree. It had been a while since they started to grow again."

Yeah, just ask questions! Wow, that was a lot of beef, wasn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Thanks:

Shapeshifting Dragon Cyrus for your help!

Edited by DragonGirl10188

I love this idea! I sent my app PM. I think everyone should consider signing up for this, either as a teacher or a student. Because if you have good RP skills, then it makes sense that you should share your knowledge, and if your RP skills could use improving, it makes sense that you should do something to improve them. Not that everyone will join, but pretty much everyone I can think of should.

Username: Astrodeath3

Level of roleplay: Semi-lit to Literate

You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers): Low.

Other languages you speak: All. Google Translate rocks.

Group or one student?: Either.

Activity (1-7 days a week): Meh.

Roleplay example: I'll do this later. >:3

Other:

((Hmmm, don't know if I should be a teacher or a student. I have so much to work on still, but look at my post count, nearly all of its from Role Playing, My mistakes are minor grammar, and some spelling, but I'm great at making up RP"s and getting people to type up more...

Plus if I'm a teacher I could get some of my RP"s up and atom, if I'm a student I'll need to participate a lot more... >> Bah, what should I be?))

Yeah, you were Astro xd.png. And I meant without transalate.

Guys, you have to have a roleplaying example to be a teacher. Without it, I can't except you.

I would have given you mine immediately, but I ran out of time. As I said, I plan on giving it as soon as I have enough time too.

Username: Lalasa

Level of roleplay: I'd like to consider myself at least semi-lit

Preffered teacher?: Anyone~!

Group or you and a teacher?: I don't mind either one.

Preffered plot (if any): Not really.

Is english your born language: Yes

If not, what is? (and would you prefer english or that language):

Roleplaying example:

The wind blew coldly across the empty plains. It stirred up the scent of blood, revealing the barren land to be a battleground. None of the warriors except for the dead ones remained. Except for one. A lonely ranger stood with her bow, looking sadly at the remains. She frowned at the corpses with her arrows in them, the colorful feathered tips matted and stained. Why did this have to happen? Why must evil exist? Why can't there be peace? she thought, her mood grim. Suddenly, she turned around. Behind her was a figure made of shadow. She couldn't tell for sure due to how dark he was, but she swore he was grinning. With a dark obsidian knife in his hand, the assassin charged. But she was too fast for him. Just as he was about to lunge, an arrow pieced his throat. Black, oily blood squirted out as he fell. He didn't get up.

I must leave this place, it is not safe here. The enemy will find me if I remain in one place for too long. I must spread a warning. With those thoughts in mind, she ran with light feet, sprinting across the grass.

I must warn the king before it's too late. I'm the only one who survived.

Accepted. I suppose I'll have to change that rule since everyone is posting here.

I'll have to assign you to me, if you're all right with it?

I don't mind having you as a teacher at all!

I don't understand what you mean about the rules. Did I do something wrong?

I can't wait to start improving. smile.gif

You were meant to PM the form, but it's 'kay. I think it's better here anyway.

Oh, oops. Still, I don't understand then, why PM unless you're looking for a specific teacher?

Also, when would you like to start? Also, if I graduate, is it possible for me to become a teacher? Would I be considered good enough? I am just curious about it.

Yup 83.

Eh, I just decided the thing wouldn't get cluttered but since this is an OOC type of thing... yeah.

We'll start when I get 2 more students smile.gif.

I sent(I told you!) my RP example. I can't wait for more students to join. Ooh, You should put an advertisement up.

If someone wants to make a banner for it...

EDIT:

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rpschool.png] [/url] 

Made one smile.gif. Anyone can use.

Draggie? Would you mind changing my preference to single or group? I'm fine with both, I just meant I liked the idea of a group. Thank you. BTW I love the banner.

Sure, but you'd have to choose one.

You can say, single if only one person applies in a week and group if more?

user posted image

[IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rps.png] 

Sorry, too lazy to URL it.

I like the idea of this smile.gif

Im not good enough to teach, And my RPing is good enough (to me xd.png)

Goodluck for this thread! smile.gif

@pinky: *coughcoughnottoeveryoneelsecoughcough* excuse me, that was quite the coughing fit. I think it would be great if you tried to improve.

@draggie: I was thinking I could start with one person, then if more came they could tack on. I'll be sure to make the RP compatible with a late join.

Well what do you normally play? Take that and play their foil (polar opposite).

That would be good.