Sonatra

- Sonatra's Art -

Hey all! I'm a traditional pencil/pen artist (although I occasionally do CG with my tablet). Right now, I'm not taking any commissions or requests; real life is swamping me with work and all the adults around me are pushing me into looking at colleges. Urk. o_O

But I would love some constructive criticism and advice. I usually draw people - I only started with dragons a while ago - and I also really want to try my hand at coloring my pictures on the computer.

Here's my first picture. I'll put up the second sometime later, as my friend is borrowing it for the moment.

user posted image

It took me about 2~3 hours. The front two fins look kind of wimpy, in my opinion...but I actually started this as a doodle during class. The fins were sort of rammed up in the corner (although you can't tell on here). So other than the fins, which aren't at all what I wanted them to be, what do you think could be improved?

Lastly, I intend for my art to be free: anyone can use them however they like, provided that proper credit is given. Color them, edit them, use them in your own art, etc. I'm not really one to ask for payment. In fact, it would be interesting to see what other people do. biggrin.gif

Edited by Sonatra

HNNG YOU MUST MAKE A DR WITH THAT SKETCH. Nao. I absolutely LOVE it. Mind if I try spriting it for fun?

Edited by PieMaster

..."naje a dr"? I can't figure out what that means, but...

Sure, you can sprite it. That would be awesome! smile.gif

Pie's just messing around with the noobspeak, or whatever that's supposed to be...

And that drawing is really well made. Reminds me of the Dragonology books.

oh wow, youre very good ^^ man, i would give my left leg to be that good of an artist

^^ Thanks for the compliments, guys!

And I might do requests; I'm not sure. See, I usually tell myself that something is going to be a fast doodle, and then I get absorbed with the details. That's why I have never actually finished any of my CG works...after a while, the files just sit there and start gathering dust. Ehh.

Well, we'll see. Maybe summer. (I can't wait for summer... ^o^)

Hmm I'll try finding stuff about that tablet problem :I

You probably tried reinstalling the drivers/resetting the default settings already right ?

^^ Thanks for the compliments, guys!

And I might do requests; I'm not sure. See, I usually tell myself that something is going to be a fast doodle, and then I get absorbed with the details. That's why I have never actually finished any of my CG works...after a while, the files just sit there and start gathering dust. Ehh.

Well, we'll see. Maybe summer. (I can't wait for summer... ^o^)

Agreed, one day left of school for me! happy.gif How about you? biggrin.gif

Pie's just messing around with the noobspeak, or whatever that's supposed to be...

And that drawing is really well made. Reminds me of the Dragonology books.

It's actually called using an iPhone.

xd.png I thought you were trying to mash the keys like cudo or Rain.

Actually on topic: I have the same problem with everything I do.

I would die from happiness if I could get a CGI. xd.png

@rainbowhite: Aha! Somehow, the problem has...vanished on its own. That's weird. I don't know how it happened, but I'm not complaining. Thanks for offering to help anyway. smile.gif

On another note, I only have two weeks of school left! (Freedom...how long has it been?) And I think I'll try coloring the dragon now.