Lastalda

Dragon Trees Breed Guide

Using temporary sort in the top right corner of your scroll, you can sort your scroll by breed. Zombies show up below their original breed, sequence is adults, frozen hatchlings, zombies, then growing things, like this: http://abload.de/img/wherearezombiesrgzpe.png

That's how I figured that e.g. Rotting Matilda on my scroll used to be a Sunsong Amphiptere, Zmobie was a Mint and Contumacia was a Red one (see screenshot above).

Tiny update:

Added the info that Blue Two-headed Lindwurms can sire Green Two-headed Lindwurms.

If anyone finds proof that it also works in the other direction, please share a lineage link? (Either here in the thread or via PM, if you prefer. I suspect it's probably possible, but I don't want to add the info as fact until I've seen such a lineage with my own eyes.)

Lastalda I am sure I will love it and find it helpful once I figure out how to find the one page of dragon guide info. How do I access it? I registered and joined the site but How do I use it please? sad.gif Very confused and befuddled.

Lastalda I am sure I will love it and find it helpful once I figure out how to find the one page of dragon guide info. How do I access it? I registered and joined the site but How do I use it please? sad.gif Very confused and befuddled.

You don't even have to register. When you click on the link in the first post you should go to a page that says "Breed Guide." You may have to scroll down a bit to see the rest of it (I do) but below that there is a short intro and then the list of dragons starts. When you click on the breed name it drops down a nice compact description of the breed with pictures of each stage. It is all right there on that one page. smile.gif

Adding to this: the link in the first post of this thread is in the big words in the first line. Just click them and they should lead you there. smile.gif

From within DragonTrees, you can find it via the FAQ. Choose the tab 'Breed Guide'.

But the direct link is nicer because it leaves out the outer frame, so the info has more space. wink.gif

I was reading through some of the dragons descriptions and discovered that the Black Tea dragon's adult description is missing. The hatchling description is repeated where the adult's should be.

Neat little site smile.gif

While browsing I noticed that you still state that Zombies wander through the scroll - ever since their tombstones stay visible in the sorting site they don't do that anymore actually wink.gif

They don't? *checks own scroll* You're right! Good to know, and thanks for the heads-up. smile.gif

Have included the new Grave Dragons (Halloween 2013). All info assumes they will behave like the other Halloween dragons. Should anything surprises be found, I'll edit as necessary. smile.gif

Odd that I never noticed it until now, but the egg shown for the Black Tea Dragon is incorrect. It is showing the one for the Gilded Bloodscale.

I just noticed this today, but the entry for Coppers shows the Red adult sprites twice. Once where they're supposed to be, and again in place of the Brown adult sprites.

Finally got around to doing the long-overdue update.

Breeds newly included:

- Nhiostrife Wyvern

- Solstice Dragons

- Radiant Angel Dragons

- Fever Wyverns

- Brute Dragons

Corrections made:

- the Black Tea egg is now correct (thanks, purplehaze!)

- the adult Brown Copper sprites are now correct (thanks, Denwayasha!). Have also changed the order of coppers to make the comparison between red and brown easier.

- Grave Dragons had been missing the usual additional "Halloween Dragon" bit at the bottom.

- all formerly-limited-to-2-per-scroll holidays have now been corrected to "2 caveborns per scroll"

The Breed-Guide is up to date again!

Sorry for the long delay, but at least it's done now. xd.png

If any of you notice other oopsies, I'm always happy about feedback. :-)

Edited by Lastalda

Update: The new Howler Drakes and Glaucus Drakes are now included!

I have added them expecting standard drake behaviour. If something weird comes up, I can still change the entries accordingly. tongue.gif

This is pretty amazing. I remember coming across it years ago actually, quite a bit too because of searching for dragons and so it's awesome to see it kept up. I went ahead and registered a new account, hope that was okay. ^^;;

Sure, anyone can register. I'm not sure how many people actually use their breeder's pages there, anymore, though.

I just keep the breed guide alive, because I think it's a very helpful thing. The rest, I'm not really involved in. tongue.gif (I have a breeder's page from way back when, but haven't used it in years.)

Update: have included Frostbites and Falconiform Wyverns.

The new Avatars will probably take a while, since I'd like to wait until there's more information available about them before including them.

Also, since I'm going on a semi-DC hiatus, future updates might take a while. I'm not abandoning the breed guide, but please don't get mad when updates take a while. I'm just really busy with Real Life.

(Any volunteers who would like to join and help with this guide are totally welcome, you know. If you do get impatient. tongue.gif)

Update: have included all three Avatar breeds. (Under "Rares", because they don't really belong with the commons, and they're not unbreedable's either.)

Also, the Guardian of Nature entry has been updated accordingly, and moved from "Unbreedables" to "Limited".

Another update:

The three new breeds, blue-banded, cassare and carmine wyvern have been included (as usual, assuming standard breeding behaviour) - if anything weird comes up about them and the info needs updating, please let me know. smile.gif

Thanks for keeping on top of all the new dragons. smile.gif

Update:

Have included Undine and Alt Undine dragon, assuming they behave like Alt blacks/vines.

ETA (August 29th): have updated the description of Fever Wyvern adults, to match the new description.

Edited by Lastalda

You might want to update the Magi hatchling description, too. Apparently it got changed at some unknown time.

New S1 description: "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy."

New S2: "Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows with some form of arcane energy. And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."