Pixxelation

Unwind Trilogy

I just finished reading the book Unwind, by Neal Shusterman. I was blown away.

"In the future, a second civil war was fought over abortion. There were three sides: Pro-Life; Pro-Choice; and the US Military, which tried to keep peace between the two. The US military eventually comes up with a sickening solution: The Bill of Life. The Bill of Life outlaws abortion, but creates an atrocity known as unwinding. Unwinding is a surgical procedure where an individual is separated into many, many parts. The parts are kept alive, so people claim Unwinds are alive in a divided state. eventually, the organs are used for transplants, and every needed part is now able to be transplanted. A child can be unwound between the ages of 13 and 18. Once the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the teen sign(s) the order, there is no going back. The story follows three Unwinds, who each have a different cause of their unwinding. Connor has aggresive tendencies and gets into many fights; Risa is an orphan who lives in a StaHo (State Home) that feels she has reached her full potential and is out of room; and Lev is a tithe, a person who is donated religiously through unwinding. Brought together by fate, the three must cooperate or "live in a divided state." The book makes the reader question what the definition of being alive really is."

Has anyone else here read this amazing novel, or am i just some weirdo xd.png?

Edited by PieMaster

I read it too, several years ago. It creeped me out, and drove me to seek out other books by Shusterman. Some were good, but this one was my favorite of the ones I read.

I've read it. It's amazing. but creepy. I have absolutely no idea where Shusterman got the idea from and I don't even want to know.

Well, now I HAVE to tell you tongue.gif

To quote an article:

Three things in particular drove his idea — an article predicting that 100 percent of the human body will be useable for transplants in the future, the increasingly controversial subject of abortion that can polarize people, and political parties and reports of teenagers going out of control in the United Kingdom.

Pretty interesting. I for one can't wait for Unwholly to be released August 28th.

I for one can't wait for Unwholly to be released August 28th.

Ooh, is that a sequel? I may have to start reading Shusterman again if it is.

I know, right xd.png? I'm soooo stoked for Unwholly. It's gonna be awesome!

UnWholly was AWESOME. I LOVED the book. Anyone else here read it yet?

I read Unwind a few days ago, and it was pretty good. Not as amazing as I was expecting though :c but it was really interesting.

I really enjoyed the first one. The language was awesome. I might pick up the other book in the series sometime. I actually didn't know that it was part of a trilogy until now.

Has the third one come out yet? My school's library only has the first and the second.

Personally, I preferred Bruiser to Unwind, in terms of Schusterman's books. I thought it was written slightly better and I preferred the pacing, but Unwind certainly wasn't bad.

Has the third one come out yet? My school's library only has the first and the second.

No, not yet. It was originally to be called Unbroken, but the last time I checked, the name had been changed to Unsouled.