SpiritOfSakura

The Caribbean Lineage

Ahoy there !

I decided to set course for these waters again, it has been far too long a time.

Renewed my request to Saori, and I'd like to show off my newest Caribbean endeavours:

The West Indies

and

The Caribbean Sea

from a "Tropical Paradise" lineage I made.

If anyone wants offspring just let me know.

Oh, and I got these two: Mr. Murtogg and Mr. Mullroy Needed some redcoats after all. I'm just pondering what to breed them with for "Royal Navy".

@SpiritOfSakura:

I don't know about updating, but the pair "Commodore Norrington, RN" and "A Gentleman's Honour" is still listed in the wrong place. It belongs to "Royal Navy", not to "Tropical Paradise". wink.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@Spirit:

Thank you !

And huzzah!, I finally managed to shrink and store the banner file, so I can feature it in my signature !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

PS: Aaaand reporting a gift:

Saori_Nightstar ---> Lantean_Pegasus - This little egg from Stormy Seas

@Spirit:

Beautiful eggs. I'm hopelessly egglocked, though, but I hope they'll find a great new home with someone else.

And yeah, I'm a bit surprised at how few responses the topic gets, I would have thought PotC dragons would be quite the rage...

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

I thought so too... Ah, well.

Anyways, the eggs have hatched, which means I've had to update the transfer links:

The Swallowtail - Claim!

The Gold Tinsel - Claim!

EDIT: I canceled the transfers and sent the hatchies to the AP, where they were quickly picked up. I apologize to anyone who might have wanted them, but I figured that they would most likely end up growing up before I remembered I still had them, and I thought I'd see if perhaps whoever picked them up might find their way back here one day...or at least possibly continue the naming scheme.

Either way, I think I've probably made someone happy! (...Right?)

Edited by SpiritOfSakura

I'd like to join!

Username:Ridshadowfox

Link to scroll (if not in your signature):See sig

Project(s) you are joining:Pirate's Booty

Quote:Why is the Rum gone?

I'd like to add a starting pair!

Which project is it for?:Pirate's Booty

Name and link to mother:My Beloved Pearl

Name and link to father:Why is the Rum Gone

Any specific rules for your pair? (waiting list slots, etc.): I breed Rum every week though I sometimes switch it up between his three girls. Don't know if his other mates would qualify. He was actually born with this name back in 2009, I just knew he was going to be a boy and have always been a big fan of PotC.

I'd like to request an egg!

Which project is it for?:Pirate's Booty

Specific pair? (if so, which one?): Looking for a 2G Gold Wyvern from Gold Male, Gold Wyvern female.

Ahoy, ridshadowfox, and welcome to these waters !

That's a wonderful pair, and the names are so fitting for this ! I can't believe they were out there all the time, and this thread knew nothing about them... The sea really is vast, I guess. wink.gif

If Spirit approves them, I'm going to request an egg for sure ! I'd love to help you with your request, too, but sadly I don't have any CB Gold.

And I think at least "Ghostly Galleon" should be approved, too. Shadow Walkers are quite the rare dragons - and after all pirates' booty is often cursed, haunted, or otherwise related to the realm of shadow and mystery. Well, at least in stories like "Pirates".

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Welcome, ridshadowfox! Sadly I can't help with your request, but it's nice to see someone else taking an interest in this project! Welcome aboard!

Look - I found me a treasure !!

Reporting a gift:

From ridshadowfox I got this marvellous part of the Pirate's Booty.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Aaaagh HOW do I manage to keep forgetting about this thread???

Sorry guys...AGAIN. orz

You just have a very shoddy memory ? wink.gif

Sorry... Well, it isn't a very busy project (sadly), so it tends to vanish to page 2 or 3 of the breeding section quite quickly. And who does look that far back in "everyday business" ?

As long as you come back regularly I surely won't hold it against you. wink.gif

Ahoy there, ye sorry landlubbers and scurvy seadogs !

It's "Talk Like A Pirate Day" once more, so get yer sorry rears ta move, and man the braces ! Let's set all canvas, and get us pillaged, pilfered and plundered some jolly dragons !

And for the special day, I'll let ye have a shot at claiming some o' me booty, so if ye wanna lay your filthy hands on a dragon egg this'll be yer one an' only opportune moment !

Me bos'n 'll have the articles ready for ye t' sign in a few bells.

(More plain English: Yey, it's "Talk Like A Pirate Day" ! Let's breed some dragons from this project ! If anyone wants an offspring of mine, just tell me. I'll post some examples for what I can breed later in the day.)

Arrrrrr !

Lantean_Pegasus

Edit:

How about a 4th even gen Sunsong or Water from the "Tropical Paradise" branch ?

Or a 3rd even gen White or Royal Blue from the "Royal Navy" ?

If you prefer purebreds there's a 2nd gen Royal Blue, too.

Of course I'd breed you a lower gen from the above lineages, too, just tell me which pair you'd like.

I'd like to request an egg!

Which project is it for?: Stormy Seas

Specific pair? (if so, which one?): But you have heard of me x Worst pirate I've ever heard of (Jysana)

Sorry I've been gone, everyone! Sort of ended up on an unintended hiatus, and now uni's getting rather hectic with only a few weeks left in the semester. So I may still not be on much for a while yet.

@Snowwall: Please edit your post with a "join" form; then I'll add you to the lists!

@Spirit:

Ah, well, I think the thread is getting used to it. You are like some legendary seamonster that's only seen every so often by some desperate sailor, when the winds are high and the night is dark - and so on. laugh.gif

@Snowwall:

Since the thread hasn't been very active in the past months, I suggest that you send a PM with your request to Jysana, just in case she doesn't look in here.

Good luck !

So, uh...completely forgot about the project. Likely won't be on much for a while either, as finals are coming up.

Time for a vote: Do we let the thread die completely (though I'm surprised it hasn't been locked already, to be honest), or do we try to revive it and continue the project?

Thoughts? Opinions? Other options I may not have thought of?

Well, I really like the idea of the project, so my vote would be in favour of keeping it alive. (Or at least in existence.)

First thing to do would be to bring the member lists up-to-date, I guess, so that if a new member comes along they don't waste time requesting an egg they'll never get. (The inactive users and dragons should still be listed somewhere, though, to give ideas how the naming works, and what is already taken.)

Secondly - perhaps you should mention the Pirates of the Caribbean theme somewhere in the thread's subtitle, to get the attention of the potential audience. wink.gif

Other than that I don't have useful suggestions right now. unsure.gif

Speaking of inactive members: DragonLilly is a friend of mine, and I know for sure that she doesn't visit the forums any more (and plays DC rather irregularly these days). But I'm sure she'd either breed eggs from her pairs when I tell her that someone requested one, or would let me have the names (if it was really necessary).

Let's see if we can keep this thread going as long as Johnny Depp does the PotC franchise. (Only, hopefully, with better results.) xd.png