deep234

what is your favorite game platform

I think the one I have the most loyalty to is the Playstation 2. I like the snes and N64 as well, but Sony has come out with a lot of good games for the PS2 and my own PS2 has held steady with me throughout the years. Just when I thought it was breaking down on me, all I had to do was open it up and clean the lens and then nothing hurt anymore. tongue.gif

I play my Laptop(for WoW, mostly) and my 360 most. I still hold a lot of love for N64 though.

Xbox 360. I play most of my games on it.

However, I am getting an Alienware PC in October, so I might be playing more PC games too.

Gamecube, I never was into video games but this by far was the best in my eye. Gameboys were fun too.

I vote PS2 for how long game companies continued to create games for it. Even after the PS3 was released there were still lots of ps2 games being made. That console had one helluva lifespan, and the slim could even fit in my purse.

Also, it was the first console with a dvd player, which was great because my family didn't get a DVD player until bluray came out :/.

I'm going to ignore PC as a system because with all the emulators out there you could play like every game for every console on it, so it has a huge unfair advantage.

I would have to say PS2 ftw. I love a lot of the games that came out on it and also the fact that its backwards compatable so I can play my favorite ps1 games. Right now I am trying to collect all my favorite ps1 and ps2 games as well as ones I haven't played yet that look good.

Game Boy

DS (Lite for GBA capability)

Xbox/Xbox 360

are all MUST HAVE consoles for gamers

everything else is a bit meh

personally my favorite... is tied between 3ds and wii. i love nintendo systems (mainly cuz they think of the customer and then money)

the xbox and ps3's new system are making to where a friend of yours cant borrow your game, they only think of ways to get money. thats all they think about IMO

I prefer Xbox 360.

But this shouldn't be discussed on forums. It risks a console war where people would spam up the forums, ruining this for people that both were and weren't in this conversation.

ah well true, but if it gets there im sure a mod will stop it. I think it's ok to discuss as long as we arent too harsh

I prefer Xbox 360.

But this shouldn't be discussed on forums. It risks a console war where people would spam up the forums, ruining this for people that both were and weren't in this conversation.

Disagree. This thread has been open for a month and no such thing has happened. If discussing the extremely controversial things that we like to talk about in GD doesn't result in that happening, I doubt a 'favorite game platform' thread will.

I'm pretty neutral. Seeing how Sony hasn't done anything yet un-earn my trust, I still believe that there will be perks to the digital conversion.

However Nintendo has some decent stuff too, like Legend of Zelda and Mario and great family stuff. Having them both balances family and group fun with single player. I personally hold PS2 in great respects because I use it a lot and for many years and its still going strong. If only we could Co-exists rather than war over which is better...

My gaming PC is my baby and is more powerful than any of the consoles. So if I can I always buy on PS3.

After that, PS3, and then Xbox. Nintendo lost a lot of my respect this last generation, though there are still some good games on the Wii. I do play my DS a lot, though, whereas my PSP gets almost no love.

I have a mac with limited gaming capabilities, but I definitely prefer playing it to ps3, and I'm saving up for a good gaming pc. PS3 is how I play most of my games at the moment, and it's my second favorite. I like that a bunch of ps1 and ps2 games are on it, lots of good classics there, such as Metal Gear Solid which I'm playing right now. I also have a wii, and I haven't played it in the past 3 years probably. My little brothers play it a lot more than I do.

Also: to the people who expressed interest in gaming PCs, I highly suggest building your own. Prebuilts are a fantastic waste of money compared to what you get out of it.

^What's a good rig cost to build yourself? Because I've heard that there's a few good prebuilts, such as the Gateway FX 6831-03 that I was looking at earlier, can run games like Diablo 3 and Crysis 2 on the highest settings. Costs around $1500.

Edit: When I say good, I pretty much mean super powered. I want to run everything on the highest settings. Which I've heard probably costs $5000.

Edited by Kei To Everything

No way. Do not let someone sell you a computer for that much.

My system cost me about $1400. I have yet to run into a game I can not max at 1080 with it, though I have neither of those games. My system is also a year old, now, so not only would a clone of my rig be cheaper but I would also be able to build a better computer today with that same amount of money. A quick google search (so take it with a grain of salt) indicates that my video card is the minimum required to max those games. At the time of me building it there weren't really better cards out there, but if there were I'd have looked at those. My rough estimate would be that going higher than $2000 is probably overkill.

That's provided you already have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc., mind you. I CAN see how someone could spend $5000 on a computer, but it would be such crazy, pointless overkill. You'd have basically the best system ever, but you would never come close to using all of that power. Game requirements just don't need that kind of equipment. By the time they DO need those sort of resources, you'd be able to get those kind of components for much cheaper AND there'd be better out there then.

I see. Apparently the people I've heard talk about it before exaggerate. I'll make sure to keep that in mind. Thank you.

I still have a lot of money to save even if it is only around $1500, so I have a while to figure all that stuff out.

For what it's worth, if you're curious and would like to look at what I did for $1400, my system is as follows:

CPU - Intel i5-2500k

Ram - 8GB RAM DDR3 1600

Hard drive - Samsung HD103SJ 1TB

PSU - Antec EarthWatts EA750w

GPU - EVGA GTX 570

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P

Case: HAF X

Probably Gamecube and DS Lite. They're the two I use the most often and have some of my favorite games on them. o3o A bit of PC as well, buuut I haven't played any game other than Minecraft on the computer for a long while since my computer hates trying to run games with a pure passion.

Edited by Switch