27 closed her eyes and concentrated on the voices in the vents. the vent system was her social life. she could hear into most rooms through them. she listened into the room with her brothers and sisters. 27 wished they would realize how lucky they are. they get to socialize with each other and trade stories. the brothers and sisters shared stories of their past. they spoke on things such as sky, grass, hugs, kisses, and warm beds. 27 closed her eyes and tried to imagine these things, but alas, they were simply stories. these creatures believed what they said to be true but, could such a world really exist.

27 closed her eyes and tried to focus. she listened and heard a beautiful noise. then one of the other brothers shouted 'hey, stop humming over there'..then the wonderful noise stopped. 'hum...ming' 27 liked hum...ming. why did the other brother always have to make it stop. 27 decided to try. 'hum...hum mum. hummmm. hmmmm.' 27 realized that if she played with her voice it could make different noises. her hum could be high or low. 27 giggled to herself. what was this feeling in her chest? it tickled. she couldn't wait to hear the brother hum again.

27 then listened for the voices of leafpaw and astrid. she enjoyed the two because of their spirit and kindness toward each other. however, it hurt her heart whenshe heard the two speak of escape. she didn't want to have to chase after them and possibly hurt them.

the door to her chamber unlocked. 27's ears perked up. 'papa!' he looked at her with cold disapproving eyes. papa loved her... but he didn't like hearing her speak. papa came toward her with the family, all male. 'time for more tests' 27's ears went back. she pushed her knees close together and started to shake. 27 hated these tests...

20 minutes passed and the tests were finished, everyone left and papa looked at 27. 'you were a good girl today' 27's tears started to clear and she nodded with a week smile. papa left. 27 tried to lick her new wounds but the chains were tightened and she had even less wiggle room than usual. 27 listened into the vent. she wondered if her brothers and sisters knew about her.

Edited by forgottenfire333

"You have to be careful with this one,"the lead scientist said to the other two"it's clever."They stopped in front of Leafpaw's cage. "But it's just a puny cat.How clever could it possibly be?"asked the second one. "It tricked us yesterday,"The first scientist from yesterday quickly explained what had happened"but we won't let that happen again."He said as he turned back towards her cage.Leafpaw sprang up hissing and spitting at them,but they wouldn't back down.The first scientist loaded the tranquilizer gun and said "Now hold still."But Leafpaw would not hold still,she weaved from side to side in her cage as best she could,making him waste two or three darts until he finally hit his target.Leafpaw yowled in pain and as the dart started to take effect,her yowl turned into a soft whimper. "I can't wait to start testing this one."One of the scientists growled to the others.The scientist picked up the limp cat as the others murmured in agreement and they headed toward one of the testing rooms.

Astrid slept next to the bars of the cage.

She woke up from her fitful sleep with horrid dreams of when the scientists had picked her up off the streets just as she had almost caught a nice meal of pigeon. oh so gentle they were at first, but then they slammed her into a cold cell, she had nowhere to sleep but the floor.

Awakened by the sounds of these horrid humans talking to Leafpaw, telling her to calm down. Astrid worried they would hurt her, and had now noticed that some of the others had now awoken as well.

One of the humans shot a dart right into Leafpaw and grabbed her harshly out of the cage, there was nothing that Astrid could do but wait, and try to keep the attention away from herself.

Leafpaw woke up on a cold,metal table with chains around her paws and around her neck."This can't be good."she thought as one of the scientists from earlier approached her.He stuck a needle in her side and took a sample of blood.Leafpaw hissed at the new pain that shot through her. "Now change."The scientist growled at her,but she hissed in defiance at him.The scientist smiled a cruel smile,"Fine."As he picked up a small remote Leafpaw tried to back away,but the chains that held her wouldn't let her.The scientist pressed a button on the remote and Leafpaw yowled as electricity shot up through the chains and into her.When it stopped Leafpaw collapsed and looked up at the scientist with fear in her eyes. "Change."The scientist growled again.This time she obeyed and turned into a small canopy dragon.The scientist took another sample of blood from her while she was a dragon.The scientist did a few more tests but Leafpaw was too afraid to pay attention to what they were.The scientist finished and stuck a needle in her side with tranquilizer in it to be sure she wouldn't try anything.Leafpaw let out a wail as she suddenly noticed the pain of the last few tests and stopped once the tranquilizer took affect.

27 listened into the chamber next to her. one of the sisters must have been disobedient. 27 listened intently on the yowls of pain. she couldn't make out who was being punished and winced at every yelp and whimper. 27's ears went back. her brothers and sisters may be bad from time to time and they may deserve punishment but, 27 didn't like to hear them in pain. the family knew best though... the family knew best.

27 listened and heard the whimpers tone down and her ears perked up.' the family loves the sister enough to reduce her pain'. 27 smile. "she is loved."

(sorry, i hate short posts but, i just wanted you guys to know i was here. smile.gif)

Edited by forgottenfire333

(i cant really do anything until nate posts or you guys escape. do you want me to make another character to help you guys along? she can sacrafice herself to help you guys escape? i will delete this post after everyone has read it)

User name: forgottenfire333

Name: Cartha

Normal human/dragon or mutant: dragon

Hunter?: no

Description: a medium sized brown dragon with gentle green eyes. she can be feirce when need be. her back spines and claws are green as well. she has nubs where her wings should be. her elfen ears are missing and so is a part of her tail

Abilities: force-fields and healing (only in grassy areas)

Personality: she is a fierce fighter and a good friend. Cartha is tough and strong but she will always have a soft spot for those in pain. however, her anger can drive her to do stupid things.

History: when Cartha was younger she was captured by poachers. they planned to disembody her and make a profit off of the pieces. they kept her alive to keep the parts fresh. they often didn't knock her unconscious to take the parts. they sold both her wings, the spiked part of her tail, and her ears. the poachers eventually sold a dragon to a rich family. the family was displeased with the creature they received. 'they call this pitiful creature a dragon! it doesn't even have any wings!' the rich family then volunteered Cartha to the scientists.

Other: Cartha is not self conscious of her lack of limbs. she looks at them as battle scars and finds them to be great motivators against evil.

Raptor the Manectric was waking up, slowly, but surely. 'Where am I?' she asked to herself, though none of the scientists could understand her. She looked around the room and saw a pineapple.

"Food!" she said, jumped up, and went over to it. Eating it, she swallowed it whole. The scientists took notes as Raptor went to the floor in pain. "Ugh!" was all she could say as she released a large amount of electrical discharge. That was the last thing she remembered as she blacked out.

For awhile, Nate thought he could hear some humming, then giggling and speaking coming from the vents, very faintly. He wasn't sure if it was really there or if he was imagining it, but it wasn't the first time he'd heard someone in a different room through the vents. He had entertained the possibility of trying to communicate using them, but he was afraid of disturbing the particularly irritable subjects in nearby cages by speaking, and it was often difficult for him to make out what was being said by listening to them anyways. He had constantly been intimidated and antagonized since he had arrived in this place, not only by the science folks that were supposed to be intimidating and antagonizing, but by the other test subjects as well. It was as if he were a magnet for vitriol. He sometimes wondered why this was, but after awhile he had decided that he must deserve it somehow. "Hey, humming kid." It was the shouting fellow who did not care much for Nate's humming again. "Y-yeah, what is it...?" Nate reacted with a faint amount of surprise as his hand was lifted, balled into a fist, and made contact, very hard, with his cheek, all without his own control. "Why are you punching yourself? What's wrong with you, humming kid? Do you have some kind of problem? Huh? What is it?" Nate sighed as the loud and apparently telekinetic fellow burst into laughter. This certainly wasn't the first time something like this had happened, and he had no way of stopping it.

The next time Raptor woke, she woke up in a cage, a collar around her neck. She looked around to the other cages and noticed a Polecat in the cage next to her.

"Where am I?" Raptor asked, yawning.

Astrid looked over to see who had spoken, she got over herself fast though she didn't want to talk.

"we are in a facility, that mutates humans to animals and dragons, they inject us and throw us in cells. Are you alright?"

She looked at her, hoping she would reply and say that yes, she was fine. Astrid could not think of anything but pain, in hopes it would go away and nobody else would have to deal with it.

"I'm fine," Raptor said. "Mutation huh? I do feel a bit funny though. Name's Raptor the Manectric. What's your name?"

"I-I'm Astrid Faery, though Astrid for short. Nice to meet you Raptor, i hope you are not like the others, i don't talk much. and they won't talk to me"

(sorry I haven't posted,I had to go somewhere;and all character sheets are accepted;and if you want it to be the next day put "the next day" in (()), if someone wants it to still be the same day just put it in your next post)

((the next day))

Leafpaw woke up with the usual sparkle of mischeif and excitement in her eyes replaced with fear and a little anger.The dream she had was still in her head,she had dreamed about the electricity that went through her.She shivered,she hoped she never had to go through that again,but she probably would. "Hey,Astrid,"she called quietly to her friend"we need to think of an escape plan."

Raptor yawned again and noticed a cat talking to Astrid. "Oh, hello, who are you?" she asked the cat

She watched Leafpaw as she had awoken with a mischievous smile on her face

"Hello Leafpaw, did you sleep well?"

She thought as she waited for a reply

"i don't know about escaping, how would we do it? the collars, the electrical charged bars.."

Astrid sighed as she tried hard to think of a way to escape.

"hi,I'm Leafpaw.Who are you?"she asked the newcomer.

"Hi,Astrid.We need someone to get the scientists to turn off the electric bars or create a power surge to knock the power out,that's all I've got for now though."

"Maybe someone here is mutated with an electrical resistance? I'm unsure of my abilities. as far as i know, i have these wings *flaps a now somewhat proportionate wing* and i'm not even sure if i can fly..."

She looks directly at Leafpaw

"are you able to change at all?"

"Name's Raptor the Manectric!" Raptor said proudly. "I could use thunderbolt to short-cuircuit the electricity."

"That sounds nice Raptor, but you have been tranquilized, possibly knocked out, i wouldn't try anything for at least a day. The things they do to us, we don't even know what it can do if we try to go around what they want."

Nate awoke as it was apparently the next day. He had either fallen asleep or simply blacked out after several hours of being forced to strike himself by the telekinetic fellow who did not seem to like him very much at all. He just sort of laid there for a bit, as he didn't feel like getting up. All of him ached. His limbs ached from being jerked around so much, and the rest of him ached from being struck with his limbs so much. He didn't like hurting physically. He had gotten used to his self-esteem hurting, but this was different. Some of the other test subjects were fortunate enough to have some sort of healing factor to help in situations like this, but he did not. He was not in any way special, he was useless. Useless. Worthless. Utterly forgettable. Sometimes he suspected that even the scientists had forgotten about him, but then he occasionally heard them chattering about getting rid of him eventually. He figured they were waiting until it stopped being amusing to watch the others bully him mercilessly, but he couldn't be sure. He considered just going back to sleep, but the awful, ever-present nightmares that appeared where his dreams used to weren't much better than reality anyways.

"Hey, I have a random question. Why haven't I been mutated yet?" Raptor asked, looking around at the mutated animals.

"You're right Astrid,we need to wait and the plan isn't finished yet anyway"Leafpaw said."I could slip between the bars when the power gets knocked out and grab some keys from a scientist as they rush by to see what the problem is.But we need a way to claw or bite the collar off."

"I don't know,maybe you have but you don't know it."

(I'm still slow at typing)

Edited by Squertle