(can't really go on tongue.gif Hey Nelrim, where are you?)

"I see you have changed my den?" said Isis playfully, she knew the location but had no idea how it had gotten like this.

"Your den?... This whole series of caves were abandoned when Leafpaw and I got here. As for how I changed it well..." Before continuing on a few crystal formations began glowing revealing Nelrim to be a green dragon.

"I used the element of Earth. Right now something is kind of bothering me. Usually when I transform I can only maintain the form for but only a moment yet I have been in the form for more than four hours. In any case you two are welcome to stay here. I am waiting for Leafpaw to return. That way we can continue heading for the Dragon Territories. So far this place is MANY days worth of travel from the labs. Hunters to be this far out would have to be near suicidal to even attempt this."

Nelrim looked around and saw a perfectly red colored gemstone otherwise known as a Heart Stone. He broke off three pieces of it and handed one to both Astrid and Isis.

"The Heart Stone is a special gem. It invigorates the holder plus it connects the one gifted with it to the one who gave it... It connects them in a way of knowing that they are still alive and well. It also allows a mental connection. There is also a reason why it is called a Heart Stone. Over time the stone will change in luster in accordance to the truth and wishes of your heart. The stone is very special and treasured amongst dragons." Nelrim looked at the still glowing gem cluster of Heart Stone before turning away from it and heading deeper into the cave.

"Please come on in. This cave is large enough for well over ten thousand dragons to live. " Nelrim smiled as he walked further into the cave.

Edited by Malgorak

ISIS*

"Nelrim, i can already contact you this way, but i love it. " she said happily taking the stone anyway, it was beautiful and she loved it.

"Wait up! i have something to ask... Remember when we were on Gigas, and there was a cave on him that we were staying at? I found this stone, and it made me feel odd. I don't know why i flew off, i was wondering if you happened to know" she said to Nelrim as she pulled out the dark stone with such a low aura that she almost couldn't even see it.

Isis changed from her polecat form to her nebula form as she walked through the cave. Sometimes the colorful nebulas on her scales gave off a shimmer that colored walls around her and she loved it.

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

((Nelrim ran from hunters and found a cave, Isis and Astrid found what they thought was their old den and it turned out to be the same cave as Nelrim's cave. Nelrim altered the cave, Hunters followed Astrid and Isis, but they don't know it... Where did you leave off?))

(Icarus the part with Astride... edit out the last part cause it don't fit in with the current piece of the story... then again I could possibly use the mishap to advantage...)

*Nelrim*

Nelrim looked at the stone for a moment. Upon serious close inspection he realized what it was.

"That stone... It seems like an ordinary stone but..." Nelrim raised up his left forepaw and scrapped off something from the surface of it revealing a mixed sapphire colored stone. "It is actually an Element gem. This one is Water and Ice. The downside to Element Gems is the fact that they have a limited use. When they are used up they are done for unless exposed to the element that infused it. As it is it can be used but I think that it only has one or two uses left." Nelrim said

A moment later he heard stones rattle back where Astride was.

Nelrim turned swiftly enough that his tail smacked the cave wall and actually left a mark on the stone. Looking around showed the source of the stone rattling noise. There was a hatchling dragon curled up on the cave floor and was shaking with a kind of fear that would be evident in young dragons who had been abandoned by their families. It was obvious that this one had been taken from it's real family and was forced to live on it's own.

Nelrim laid on the ground and looked at the young dragon. Coloration suggested male. Scales were purple the horns were kind of golden. The wings were kind of orange in color. As Nelrim looked at the young dragon he heard the distinct sound of skittering rocks. Nelrim looked towards where the sound came from and he saw a near black dragon with almost silver or bone white horns.

The haltchling stopped instantly in it's tracks. Nelrim closed his eyes for a moment then spoke

"Do not worry little ones... I won't harm you."

The two did not seem to stir at all. Nelrim did not remember that Astride and Isis were still in the cave instead he was now focused on the two hatchling dragons. They were afraid and rightfully so.

Isis looked from behind Nelrim, he had stopped moving. Only as she grew closer in distance to him did she realise why.

She ran off into one of the corridors and morphed into her silvery black form and walked up to the hatchlings. A breeze whistled through the corridor as she morphed.

Astrid:

Astrid walked slowly to the hatchlings that Nelrim had found near her and spoke in a soft voice "Nelrim...did you bring them here?"

she turned to face the purple one "hello little one" she said laying on the floor with her stomach exposed slightly as to show she was of no harm. She wanted the little hatchling to see her as a caretaker if it hadn't had one.

She turned back to nelrim "what of these hatchlings? Why are they alone here??"

(happy? tongue.gif )

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

(Last time I remember, I was flying away from everyone to the opposite side of town xd.png)

(ooc:Squertle I think that you might be able to post next... Astride... I might be able to make an explanation as to the defective green colored hatchling when the hatchling is actually purple... could say COLOR BLIND... nah... make the fix.)

((Fixed, pardon the mistake xd.png, fix a mistake of your own, her name is Astrid, no E))

"Astrid,Isis!You're back!What happened,where were you guys?"Leafpaw questioned excitedly as she returned to the cave and landed on the ground."Where did those hatchlings come from?"She asked as she saw them.

"Leafpaw!" Astrid yelled sort of quietly but excited and ran over to her. "Where have you been? are you ok?" she questioned, but before she could answer "They were just..abandoned here? not sure, Nelrim seems to take much interest in them, and Isis keeps trying to mother the black one.."

*ISIS*

"hellow Leafpaw, we were running.. I found Astrid!" she said to Leafpaw. She then looked back at the dark hatchling and then looked to Nelrim

"what are we to do with them?" she said "oh wait, i'll be right back"

Isis teleported to an area only she knew by the secret nature of it, where she lived meal to meal from and only aura she could remember that was part of an actual place. It had a strong enough aura for her to know it well, she grabbed various things from leaves to a squirrel to see what the hatchlings ate and then used Astrid's aura to find her way back.

Nelrim opened his eyes and looked at Leafpaw.

"I will answer that question. I do not know where these hatchlings came from but I do know this. They were abandoned and left to fend for themselves. As it is they are terrified of well me at the moment... I guess." Nelrim said.

As he finished speaking he suddenly shifted back to being Human once more.

"Finally I revert back." Nelrim said, "After about six hours I revert back."

Looking at the two hatchlings Nelrim knelt to the ground and looked at the two and smiled kindly.

"It's alright. I won't harm either of you if anything I am willing to take care of both of you." Nelrim said.

The two hatchlings raised up from their coiled position, but they were still shaking with fear. The two looked at everyone in the cave before cautiously walking towards Nelrim.

Nelrim looked at the two and smiled. They were skiddish at first and still were afraid of Nelrim.

"It's alright you two I'm not going to hurt you. Isis? Astrid? Would one of you two go out and find something to eat? These two may warm up to us quicker if we show them that we are more hospitable than we may seem." Nelrim said.

---

*Shadow Drake*

Shadow Drake looked at his two opponents and said, "The Horseman, Death, awaits the final of this battle. I suggest that we finish it because Death does not like to be kept waiting. Besides we can't keep the old man waiting forever now can we?"

Shadow Drake motioned towards an old looking man who was wearing a white ring and a rather expensive looking suit.

((Isis did go and get food))

"Here, i have brought various foods from my prairie in the forest. These are very special, and have protected me before. It seemed as though when i wasn't feeling well, i ate and it was better.

Hopefully this food will help these little hatchlings" Said Isis

She dropped the small food pile onto the floor and let the hatchlings choose as they pleased for the food they wanted. She then backed off and morphed into a half furred silver black dragon and laid down near to the dark one but not enough to scare it.

*Hatchlings*

The black one walked towards a piece of meat and looked at it for a moment then swiftly bit at it and dragged it away from the rest of the pile. This one drug it back far enough that the purple one got to it's feet and walked over to the meat and the two began eating.

*Nelrim*

"It seems as if they have not eaten for some time. They seem to only be surviving by barely getting by. We will need to find more food but for the time being everything seems to be alright." Nelrim said watching the two eat ravenously.

Nelrim knew that they were capable of speaking but they were scared and were only talking to each other with their minds.

Nelrim stood and was about to leave but stopped. He turned around and headed towards Leafpaw and handed the Heartstone to her.

"For you. May the ties of Fate keep us strong and able to fight against the injustice." Nelrim said.

Isis wanted so badly for the dark little hatchling to not fear her. She had an instinct to keep it safe, but there was no way to show the little one she cared other than food. And even the food she bared for them they took far away from her.

"what is wrong with me" she said quietly as she walked out of the cage and took off of the cliff to get more food for later. She was aiming for squirrel as that seemed to be what they were eating.

---------

Astrid sat back shyly watching the hatchlings eat.

"Nelrim, why do you think they were abandon?" she said and looked to him. "why do they fear us if we feed them and show them we care" Astrid couldn't figure it out. She had no idea what the reason they feared their own shadows and only trusted each other. They didn't look very old at all.

She hear Isis say something but didn't hear what she said as she took off without even telling her and Leafpaw she was going.

Nelrim turned to Astrid before saying anything.

"I don't know why they are afraid of us... I wish there was something I could do. If only to show them for truth that... hmm... hold on... I think I might..." Nelrim went silent as he began to think back into his past.

*Nelrim's memories*

"Young dragon... Today I will tell you about one of the many things that you have been asking about." Felrith, Nelrim's teacher, said.

"And what's that?" Nelrim , a silvery black hatchling dragon with rather small wings, asked.

"The relic's of our race and the emblems and artifacts that mark others as Dragon Friend." Felrith replied looking at Nelrim.

Nelrim was eager to learn of these. "Really?"

"Yes young one. There may come a time when you will have need of this knowledge and as such it will benefit you. Also the recognition of these symbols and relics is passed down through the generations. When seen there is always a sense of friendship felt between the one who hold's or drew the symbol and the one who sees it. Also there may come a time when you will create your own symbol of Friendship. But for now I will teach you of the current ones and the ones of old.

Not many who know of the symbols dare to break the sacred bond but there are those who do..."

Nelrim slowly returned from his memory delve.

"Relics or symbols... I've never really attempted to create a symbol of my own but..." Nelrim said in a low tone but still semi audible.

Nelrim looked up and thought of his friends. Leafpaw, Astrid, Isis, and Shadow Drake.

As he thought of them he began to think of the emblem.

"That's it." He said

Nelrim walked over to where the two hatchlings were at and he knelt down to the ground.

He then used the Essence of Earth to allow him to craft the symbol in the stone.

(OK... I will leave my post as this for now)

Isis watched Nelrim carefully. "Symbols?" She said to him.

Isis turned her attention back to the dark hatchling. why do you attract my attention as so? I don't understand you little one,you seem familiar to me

She said to the hatchling in silence from the others.

"I want to take care of you" she said under her breath. No one had noticed her return with food.

*Nelrim*

Nelrim did not turn from what he was doing but replied to Isis.

"Yes symbols... Individually they mark us as friendly but all as one piece mark us as being Friend of Dragons... or at least I am hoping so. Now let's see... Symbol of a Dragon... Shadowy wings, Symbol of Fear, Symbol of wind... just one more" Nelrim said.

*Hatchlings*

The two were looking at what the strange human was doing and saw the four symbols and their expressions slowly began to change. The black one actually looked up and at Isis.

In a female toned voice the black hatchling spoke, "You wish to take care of me?" She said with a mixed tone of fear and joy in her voice.

The purple one looked at Nelrim and just stared for a moment. In that moment all fear vanish.

"You're all friends?" He asked.

((You can say you snuck into a corridor, i have been waiting for you to reply haha, maybe you got lost in them?))

Isis looked up with surprise on her face and stood up slowly. "yes, i do. And there is nothing to fear when we are in this cave."

She was so happy to no longer be feared, was she in a scary form?

"We are friends" she said with a kind voice.

[[This is weird...]]

Kaminogi stared at the old man. "...What?" He growled. "Leave that man out of this. This is a battle between us two. And do you know who is going to win?" He grinned. "You...not." At the last word Kaminogi transformed into glass and flew towards Shadow Drake, aiming at his throat/head. Whatever works.

Fusion growled, then coughed. Poison was splattered into the ground, along with blood. Wait, where did the blood come from? Maybe from that cut fang. This wasn't good. Running a finger between the blood, Fusion then sprinted forward. The technique that he was going to use was going to use a large supply of poison that couldn't be restored easily. Suddenly a large beam of poison was shot out; directly at Kaminogi, who was currently glass. If this worked, this could directly poison Shadow Drake's bloodstream. Either that, or just drench him with poison.

*Shadow Drake*

Upon seeing the glass and the poison Shadow Drake swung the sword towards the symbol of Omnirus. Upon contacting the symbol Shadow Drake swung the newly formed elemental blade at the ground.

The ground broke apart and in the process of the swing a harsh wind blew and the glass was sent flying in the opposite direction.

"Is that all you got?" Shadow Drake said as the Omnirus rune symbol went back to it's original place.

He had to make sure that he used the powers of the sword in the right order so as to avoid bringing forth ruin to the direct area.

*Nelrim*

Nelrim finished the symbol with a leaf emblem at the base of thee entire symbol.

"Finished." Nelrim said.

*Hatchlings*

"That symbol... you are all.. friends of Dragons?" the purple one asked.

Nelrim nodded.

"You are all friends and wish to help us?" The black one asked slightly shy.

"Of course." Nelrim said.

Isis walked towards the dark one slowly "what are your names little ones?" she said as she sat down about 5 feet in front of the two hatchlings and then proceeded to lay down with her paws crossed. Cat like she giggled quietly as she tried to look like a dragon that was not to be feared.

"we are friends, it is OK. We have been scared and chased so i know what you feel like. When i was just a little hatchling, i was abandon by my mother with my sister Astrid" She then pointed to Astrid and Astrid looked at the floor at the sound of her name.

*ASTRID*

Astrid looked down at the floor when Isis started to tell their story. "It's ok Isis, i'm sure they understand from there" she said. She had a strange worry that if Isis told them that they wouldn't see her as much as a friend. she didn't know why either.

"Uh..well there is more food over there if you are still hungry. You guys are a bit skinny so eat up" she said to them. they were fairly small, but who knows how old they were? or what they were living off of?

*Hatchlings*

The black one looked at Isis for a moment and looked as if she were thinking.

"My name is... Shirah." She said.

The purple one smiled slightly.

"And my name is Drayos." The purple one said.

*Nelrim*

"Shirah and Drayos. I am Nelrim... Nelrim Arkaine son of..." Nelrim was cut off.

"The lost son of Elder Arkaine?" Drayos asked.

"Uh... yeah. How do you know my father?" Nelrim asked.

"I used to live in the city in the mountains. Along with Shirah..." Drayos said.

"I see. Well you two will come with us alright?" Nelrim said while looking at the Shadow stone. "Isis... will either you of Leafpaw be willing to carry the hatchlings? Amongst dragon culture it is usually the female who carries the hatchlings when the heading for new lands to live. I know what it will end up looking like when I show up as well... I'm willing to face the fact. But there is no way to get around it... at least... not that I know of."

Nelrim was slightly embarrassed at having to ask such a thing but at the moment they had to get to the dragon city in the mountains and talk with the elder.