I don't know how to start it off...someone please? i'm new to real RPs!

(I'll try and start,I'm new to this too.oh btw I'm a cat right now smile.gif )

Leafpaw woke up in her cage,pain stabbing at her sides.The scientists had been poking her with needles to try and make her use her ability,she refused to show them what she could do until they finally tranquilized her and put her back in her cage."It's going to be the same tomorrow until I show them I can do something."She thought silently,she hated it so much even though she hasn't been here long.She decided to think of some way to prank the scientists,because it was boring just sitting there.

Astrid was already awoken by the pokes and proding. Her wings,grown now roughly half the size they would be on a normal dragon of her size, stood folded close to her body almost concealed by her fur.

She looks across the cage to another animal, a cat. The whole time she thinks of how she can help, of how she can escape, of how she can be free. She quietly watches the cat as she lays on the floor tired and in a deep slumber, or so she thinks.

she had only been in the facility for a few weeks, still terrified of the small wings protruding from her shoulder area, she gets stronger every day in practising with them. She has seen the dragons, the real ones at least, that were held here in the facility. She knows that they can use them if they were able.

Astrid silently watches them sleep, though she cannot, she enjoys the peaceful looks on their faces that she never sees when they are awakened.

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Leafpaw opened her eyes"That might work,"she thought silently"but I need to be able to turn into something big and scary.Hmmmm..."Her eyes suddenly lit up,"I remember seeing dragons as I crossed the city,that will work!"With a sparkle of mischeif in her eyes,she lay down began waiting for some scientists to walk down the hall.

Astrid saw the wonder in the cat's face. She couldn't work up the nerve to ask her what her name was, but the false fear that began to show in her eyes when the humans footsteps grew closer told Astrid that she to should lie down and wait for the awaiting pain. She inched towards the back corner as the footsteps grew louder. The sound of keys dropping on the ground made her jump, but she kept to the wall and waited to see who was next.

Leafpaw saw her chance,she quietly yowled as if she was sick. "What's wrong with that cat?"one of them asked, "I don't know,we should check it out"said the other.Leafpaw waited patiently as they got closer,then when they were right in front of her cage,she sprang up quickly and turned into one of the dragons she saw before and roared loudly.But her roar was cut off as the startled scientists tranquilizer her quickly.Right before she blacked out Leafpaw turned back into a cat and purred softly for a few seconds. "Did you see that!?"the first scientist exclaimed to the other,"I can't believe it, that cat tricked us!". "We need to be more careful in the future."said the other.

Astrid saw this as a chance, she quickly covered the cat with one of her oddly small wings even though it didn't help, her teeth, sharper and longer then the average polecat sank into the scientist's arm and the human screeched with pain. She backed off terrified that she had done such a thing that could get her hurt and even the others, the human grabbed her from her cower, scruffed her, and flicked her in the nose hard, and with a blow to the side of her head, she passed out. black.

Some time later Leafpaw woke up,"That was so worth it."she thought.She purred with amusement,the look on their faces when she turned into a dragon,was what made it worth the new pain in her side.She looked over into the cage next to her with the polecat in it,"That polecat tried to protect me,I should thank her when she wakes up."so Leafpaw sat and daydreamed of the sky and trees as she waited for the polecat to wake up.

After what felt like hours of agony, dreaming of her human who had saved her when she was so young, who had abandon her after just two years..She awoke with the pain in her head so great, she almost passed out again. She studied the animals from the other containments and tried not to think about the pain in her head.

Leafpaw shook her head to clear the thoughts of being free again as she saw the polecat stir"Hi,I'm Leafpaw,"she said as she turned toward the polecat,"thanks for trying to protect me after I played the prank on the scientists."She said to the polecat.

(sorry of it looks like I'm stalking the rp,I'm switching between this and something else every once in a while)

(it's fine haha)

She heard a voice to the side of her and her head quickly snapped towards the noise, the cat had spoken, said her name..she had to think. She was scared, but thankful the cat had acknowledged that it was her who had saved her

"h-hi, i'm Astrid. It was brave what you did.." she then stuck out her half sized wing and did a sort of funny wave

"Thanks,this place need some excitement every once in a while,"Leafpaw said to Astrid"the scientists don't like it when we do things like that,but I think it was worth it.Did you see the look on their faces when I changed into a dragon and roared at them?I think that's what made it worth it."She couldn't help but let out a little purr at the memory.

Astrid liked the cat, Leafpaw.

"i do believe that it was funny, they were terrified!"

Though and exact opposite of Leafpaw, Astrid believed they could become friends. Knowing what she did, as well as Leafpaw, were both mistakes that were worth the fight.

"What do you think it would take to get out of here?"Leafpaw asked,she may not have been here long,but she missed hunting under the shade of the trees.Even hunting in the city would be nice as long as they could be free.She shook her head again,dreaming about being free won't help them get out of here,only planning and doing something would.

Astrid looked to Leafpaw worried "i don't know what it would take, I know if i didn't have these weird wings in my way, i could easily slip out of the bars. But i'm unsure as to what the bars may have, some of them i heard are charged, or flake poisened splinters, i don't want to risk anything with mine..especially after what i did to that human"

She looks at the scrawny wings and notices they are not as scrawny, they grow by the day and she feels as though they taunt her. Yet she accepts the odd wings as a gift from the humans to help her out of this place unintentionally

(i may have to leave soon)

(I'll have to leave too)

"I like your wings,and I heard that too.We should probably sleep before we get into more trouble with the humans.And now that they know I can shapeshift,I'm going to need energy to resist their new tests,plus we might think of something to help us escape."

"heh-thanks, it's weird to me though, having wings..They mutated me, injected me with strange liquids, saw what happened... i guess they were happy with me until today. Good night Leafpaw, i'm sure we will figure it out"

Astrid laid her head down on her paws, curled into a crescent and drifted to a fitful sleep

Too late to join?

User name: greenglassesgal

Name: Sugarhoof

Normal human/dragon or mutant: mutant.

Hunter?: yes

Description: Sugarhoof is basically an alicorn (unicorn with wings) She has pure white mane, black wings, soft brown eyes, and a unicorn horn. Just for the heck of it, the scientists that created her put a fake atom-shaped cutie mark on her.

Abilities: she can fly quickly and quietly, if she wants to. Truthfully, the horn doesn't do much, but she can use it to ram into things. Her sense of hearing and smell have become even more accurate, allowing her to pinpoint and track down runaways.

Personality: Sugarhoof is a very nice pony mutant. She especially likes it when others feed her lumps of sugar. She loves working with the hunters, and she is remarkably clever, for a pony (mutant). She is very tame, and will attack only when she has to.

Animals: rhinoceros, pony, owl

History: Sugarhoof was just a regular pony who had been purchased from a local farm. Her whole mutation was only meant to be a joke. At first, the scientists only kept her so that they could observe what abilities she had gained. Afterwards, they became attached to her and allowed her to join the ranks of the hunters. From then on, she has served as both a tracker and a source of transportation.

Other: She is very loyal to the hunters, and she actually enjoys life after her mutation. It's certainly more exciting that carting harvests of wheat to and fro.

the warm hug of gentle breeze, a place of green with splashes of color all over. a ceiling of blue with white painted here and there.

27 slowly opened her eyes. it was that strange dream again... what was that strange place that haunted her dreams with hollow promises? 27 looked at her cement room, this was real, this was her life. 27 stretched her limbs to hear the comforting rattle of the chains. they held her firmly around her ankles, wrists, and neck so her family could always find her.

a loud click came from the steel door. 'yay!' 27 thought 'i wonder who has come to visit me'. the excitement radiated through her body as 27 recognized the woman. 27 tilted her head as her eyes sparkled with love and delight "mommy", her voice was compassionate and soft.

the woman was by no means a gentle looking woman and 27 heard many of the family call her mother's eyes cold and her actions heartless. 27 didn't care. this was her mother, and she treated 27 with a gentleness that no one else could see or understand.

'hello 27' mother said in a deep thinking voice. mother focused on 27. 'where are your cloths and why are you covered in bruises and blood' her voice was cool and calm.

27 looked at the floor '27 was bad... the family asked 27 to breath fire but 27 didn't see mommy or daddy. 27 was scared, so she didn't.' 27's ears went back and tears started to collect in her eyes. 'mommy isn't mad at 27 too is she?' 27's voice was soft and hurting.

mother grabbed a needle from her pocket and stuck it into 27's right side. she observed the blood thoughtfully then looked at 27's cuts and bruises. 'these lacerations seem to be healing faster than usual...'

27 couldn't stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks. 27 felt a choking sensation... was mother disappointed in her? 27's body fell limp in its chains. 'the family said 27 was taking well to the dragon DNA, my plates are many.'

mother looked at the girl 'platelets, not plates'. mother touched 27's cheek softly. 27 looked into mommy's eyes. mother's hand moved to 27's head and she gave a gentle pat. 'you were correct in your feelings 27' mother's voice was gentle. 'there should be no testing without myself or ... father... present.' 27's tears cleared and she rubbed her head against the firm yet gentle hand, letting off a soft purring noise.

mother turned to walk out of the room. 'i love you mommy' mother turned her head giving a small glance over her left shoulder and nodded then walked out the door, locking it behind herself. 'mommy loves me', 27 thought to herself.

(sorry it took so long for me to reply. i had to take a tour at my college today. thanks for getting started though! smile.gif )

Nate sat in his cage, as usual. The thought of escaping did not cross his mind, it was absurd, he could never pull it off even if he tried, and he had watched beings much more powerful and intelligent try it and fail. The eventuality of his death, however, was a thought that happened to cross his mind, and as far as he was aware there was a very distinct possibility of it happening very soon. But, alas, as he was, he was weak and, well, largely ordinary and not very clever in any sense of the word whatsoever, and therefore his chances of escaping without some kind of freak accident caused by someone else occurring were to happen could not possibly be anything but zero. He hummed to himself nervously, that is until someone else from a nearby cage shouted "Hey, stop humming over there," causing him to stop, look down, and just kind of sit there, sullen, not wanting to cause any kind of conflict with someone who could probably kill him faster than he could blink, even if the person in question could not get to him currently. Today did not seem to be turning out much different than yesterday. It was turning out almost exactly the same, in fact, right down to being shouted at to stop humming. Nate did not pay this any mind. After all, if today turned out any different than yesterday, then today would probably be the day of his death. He briefly entertained the possibility of death being more favorable than this, but dismissed it as him thinking stupid things again, and thought to himself that he really should stop doing that, because it wasn't really helping him at all. It then occurred to him that he didn't really have anything better to do, and he continued to think stupid thoughts for awhile.

Leafpaw woke up with her dreams still in her head,"What if we were able to escape,what if we could all be free..."She missed the trees and her clan and everything that was in the forest.Her head cleared of the thoughts as she heard some scientists start to come down the hall,"Who are they here for?"she wondered,but she guessed they were probably here for her.