Red2111

Discussion on View Bombing

Is Allure one of the sites that doesn't remove fogged eggs/dragons? I do see fogged ones in their viewer but I don't know if they're eventually removed.

I ask because I'm trying to figure out if someone was "helping" me yesterday, or if it's just Allure's mechanics.

I'm pretty sure that AoND will remove fogged eggs, although it does sometimes take awhile.

Thank you. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. So I probably have someone interfering with my dragons. How vexing.

I think Silvi's does leave them. I had one in Silvi's yesterday, and this morning I looked and it was still there - fogged, but listed with the unfogged eggs, with a checkmark next to it. Not sure about other sites as I usually just use Allure.

Silvi's and Egg Drop Soup are the only two I know of that don't remove fogged eggs.

Thank you. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. So I probably have someone interfering with my dragons. How vexing.

I think Silvi's does leave them. I had one in Silvi's yesterday, and this morning I looked and it was still there - fogged, but listed with the unfogged eggs, with a checkmark next to it. Not sure about other sites as I usually just use Allure.

Yes me too - someone seems to be adding mine to Silvi's a lot mad.gif I almost never use it - not that I don't appreciate it, but just BECAUSE they leave fogged ones in, and if I forget when I unfog.... they also auto-ER, and it can be disastrous ! Egg Drop even more so, as it does go down and if you can't get your egg out in time...

rachii.xo, if you're having problems with getting too many views on your dragons, you may want to go to your account settings to turn off "accept aid from others" and even enable the check to hide your scroll. Also, immediately fog eggs as soon as you get them and wait it out a couple days until they're about ready for the ER.

Ah, view bombing. I had never been view bombed before up until the Fire Gem release. It's a good thing I'm always checking up on my scroll throughout the day, so no dragons did die on me on that occasion. I've upped security measures by keeping my scroll hidden most of the time. It's not the most enjoyable practice, but I care very much about any and all of my DC acquisitions. I do hope there is a better way to prevent dragon death via view bombing one day though, it's always a peril for those with rarer dragons in their possession, or even just those who have become the target of malicious/frustrated users.

There is a thread in the suggestion forum right now trying to figure out ways to rework the sickness mechanics to remove the incentive for trolls to viewbomb. Please go there and help us brainstorm how that can be done! smile.gif

rachii.xo, if you're having problems with getting too many views on your dragons, you may want to go to your account settings to turn off "accept aid from others" and even enable the check to hide your scroll. Also, immediately fog eggs as soon as you get them and wait it out a couple days until they're about ready for the ER.

If only turning off aid stopped anything. You have to open the egg page to see the message, so even people who are trying to be nice when we don't actually want them to be often put whole scrolls into hatcheries anyway. And others simply don't care whether it's checked or not.

Please join my thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176472

Mine is hidden as well but when I post an egg for a trade it get's view bombed like mad so I leave the view link out of the post.

Edited by Jedi40

Well, I haven't had any problems since Valentine, and those happened after I posted a gorgeous (self-bred) high-gen checker in the congrats thread. It seems like the SD forums are being targeted, both "bragging" threads and trading/gifting threads.

And, since I'm posting in SD, I'm hiding my scroll now. Better safe than sorry.

Silvi's and Egg Drop Soup are the only two I know of that don't remove fogged eggs.

Since I have been fogging all my eggs recently I have found that AOND does not currently remove fogged eggs. I am sure it used to, but I have left fogged eggs in there several times overnight and found them still in there in the morning.

I just recently came back to the site, and I nabbed one of the almerald eggs. I put it, along with a bunch of new ones in the hatchery. I came back today to peek at it and it only has 1 view, 1 click. There is only a day left on it, so I tried re-adding it ot the hatchery. This time it worked, because now it has like 7 views in a few seconds.

I just want to know if this dragon baby is probably going to die because of how little time is left on it? I have only recently come back ( this week or so ) and I notice eggs hatch faster..

I just recently came back to the site, and I nabbed one of the almerald eggs. I put it, along with a bunch of new ones in the hatchery. I came back today to peek at it and it only has 1 view, 1 click. There is only a day left on it, so I tried re-adding it ot the hatchery. This time it worked, because now it has like 7 views in a few seconds.

I just want to know if this dragon baby is probably going to die because of how little time is left on it? I have only recently come back ( this week or so ) and I notice eggs hatch faster..

A whole day is plenty of time to successfully hatch the eggs, as long as you put them into an ER, which most fansites have. If they had one hour, then that might not be enough time, but the lower time the egg, the less stats it needs, so it could just depend on the traffic the fansite sees.

I would suggest adding to a couple ERs, though.

I think the hatcheries need to start doing something like what you do to check your scroll achievements when you're on that forum where you take an egg and leave and egg. That way it's pw protected

And then you can pick and choose which dragons you want to add in hatcheries. I am pretty sure my scroll was trying to be view bombed since I mention I picked up a silver egg in the desert. How else would he get over 10,000 views?

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

It still won't - can't - work. Because you don't need a hatchery to bomb. (I have bombed myself on occasion... laugh.gif)

I've only had problems with viewbombers twice, although it looks like I got another one just recently. Someone who might have been mad I grabbed a gold and in the first few hours it's gotten 206 views, now sick, and I have now fogged it. I'm glad I was watching. It's the first cb gold  I've ever caught ;-; I would hate to lose it. I even warded it after I first got it just in case. Obviously that didn't keep it form getting sick.

EDIT:

update on this is the egg/hatchling did survive!

Edited by TerraAnne

On 11/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, TerraAnne said:

I've only had problems with viewbombers twice, although it looks like I got another one just recently. Someone who might have been mad I grabbed a gold and in the first few hours it's gotten 206 views, now sick, and I have now fogged it. I'm glad I was watching. It's the first cb gold  I've ever caught ;-; I would hate to lose it. I even warded it after I first got it just in case. Obviously that didn't keep it form getting sick.

EDIT:

update on this is the egg/hatchling did survive!

If I recall correctly, Warding it doesn't actually stop sickness. It does, however, prevent it from dying so you can catch it and hopefully fog it before the Ward wears off.

I'm glad your gold survived!

Has anyone noticed any issues with Eggs Around The World (eatw.net)?  I'm finding all of a sudden that my eggs get sick really easily.  Waiting before I add them to the viewer helped up until today, but I just now added my scroll to it, and NOT FIVE MINUTES LATER all my eggs were sick.  Not sure if their mechanics are breaking down somehow or if someone's suddenly got a vendetta against the site generally.

I don't think it's even a holiday thing.  This didn't happen back around Halloween.

Edited by danaseilhan

2 minutes ago, danaseilhan said:

Has anyone noticed any issues with Eggs Around The World (eatw.net)?  I'm finding all of a sudden that my eggs get sick really easily.  Waiting before I add them to the viewer helped up until today, but I just now added my scroll to it, and NOT FIVE MINUTES LATER all my eggs were sick.  Not sure if their mechanics are breaking down somehow or if someone's suddenly got a vendetta against the site generally.

I don't think it's even a holiday thing.  This didn't happen back around Halloween.

Yeah, it was confirmed that all of EATW is being viewbombed. 

13 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Yeah, it was confirmed that all of EATW is being viewbombed. 

Dude.  That is so wrong.  :(

OK, you know how I had posted my eggs on EATW and within five minutes they were all sick?  They're dead now.  I just found out.

I'm already annoyed at the incessant whining I see all over the place about The Last Jedi, generally disgruntled at the direction the world has taken since just over a year ago, stressed out by the holiday vs. my limited budget AND limited time, etc.  I don't need some fool out there ruining what pretty much amounts to innocent fun for everyone.  It's a shame dragons don't actually exist in meatspace.  Cause I'd love to send mine hunting.

Next batch I picked up is fogged already and I'm not putting them on viewers til day 3 or 4.  Period.