Red2111

Discussion on View Bombing

I snagged two Rancid eggs on my own, and entered four of my eggs into the Allure of Neglected Dragons site (with a rancid sitting out). It proceeded to rack up views astonishingly fast, so I fogged it.

Later, I refreshed all my eggs in AoND. A few minutes later, my other Rancid got sick: it had gotten several hundred views in perhaps 15 minutes. I do not think this was due to an increase in activity, simply because ONE of my TWO Rancids was getting bombed.

This may or may not apply in your case, but I know that I have at times had one of multiple eggs of the same type entered into the same fansites receive many more Views than the other(s), and have heard that this can vary a lot according to the random rotation, and the times at which an egg more often appears.

So I dunno, but for what it's worth, there's one possibility - and I actually had that sort of extra increase show on just one egg yesterday, so I fogged.

Edit: I would like to add that while I ordinarily am able to keep a fairly close eye on eggs, with the risk of traffic increase creating problems, during this Drop, I've been using Silvi's and Valley Sherwood only in the earlier stages, both providing relatively low views, and would personally hold off on the higher-View sites until the day before hatching would be possible, and even then only if I was able to frequently check on my dragons.

*knocks wood-head* I've had no problems with sickness or lossses so far, probably at least in part because I am usually able to keep watch over my baby dragons and fog if a large increase in Views rapidly appears.

Edited by Syphoneira

While I have not personally had any problems with viewbombing (and I won't pretend to understand what it feels like), I would personally like to see at least one of these systems implemented, at very least for the sake of everyone who has been viewbombed. My personal favorites are the whitelisting suggestion and the API suggestion. As a casual player, I would not like to have to register on every fansite out there to escape being locked out by malicious players. It would be fixing one problem, but causing another.

This is just my personal opinion. I don't have any creative and awesome suggestions to add like you guys, but I do have input.

I got 2 new eggs from the new release, and one was viewbombed and became sick. It was obviously viewbombed, I didn't put it on any click sites myself.

I then fogged both of my eggs instantly, fearing the second one might be viewbombed too. I've been viewbombed many times before, and it seems like it's only on rare eggs. I feel like those that are on the ap, for example, see I was lucky enough to take the egg, and took the code of the egg, and placed it on all of the hatcheries they knew, probably. I removed my username from the pages of the eggs, but still, if they have the code, they can viewbomb.

This may or may not apply in your case, but I know that I have at times had one of multiple eggs of the same type entered into the same fansites receive many more Views than the other(s), and have heard that this can vary a lot according to the random rotation, and the times at which an egg more often appears.

That does not account for those of us who have had eggs viewbombed *when we have not put those eggs into clicksites*. It's not just a question of random chance, these are eggs that were caught fair and square and kept quiescent on the scroll, no clicksites at all, and then you log in the next day and they are sick. It is deliberate, it is malicious, and it is hurtful.

Most of the discussion from this thread was long since removed, including all that pertaining to massive Viewbombing which affected many, including myself, so everyone at the time saw proof of Viewbombing issues.

I'm still fogging eggs I can't watch, and, appearances to the contrary, don't actually need convincing of the possibility, or of the need for something to be done, although even if all DC fansites required pass-words, it couldn't be entirely stopped, since other means could be found, and have been used, to try to kill other people's eggs with excessive Views.

It's unfortunate that some people are so sick and pathetic as to do this, and that, at least at the time this thread started, it wasn't easy to trace the perps.

For all I know, new tech may make this possible now.

The NSA would have the info, I expect, lol, but they aren't typically very helpful.

TJ does have the record of every action taken by/on every player/scroll, though...

When I got the new egg that came out the first one I got was viewbombed SO FAST the egg just died. I got a second one thank god and it's doing OK.

When I got the new egg that came out the first one I got was viewbombed SO FAST the egg just died. I got a second one thank god and it's doing OK.

Are you sure one died? I see no eggshells on your scroll, and they last for two weeks after the egg dies.

I was viewbombed with this release for the first time in over a year. I'd caught 2 new eggs in the midnight drop, and I did put them in one hatchery when they were about 16 hours old. But by Sunday morning, one had been killed with three times as many views as the other. They also bombed a magma egg, but it was only ill when I logged on Sunday morning and it was savable. thankfully I caught a replacement egg Sunday afternoon, but I kept it fogged until yesterday out of paranoia.

This is the first time I've had to deal with this problem.

Today, I catch an egg off the Rare Departures. A little beautiful silver Shimmer. I see that it has 7 days, I don't add to any viewing sites. This was several hours ago. I typically don't fog because I've never had an issue. People generally leave my eggs alone.

Well apparently someone took GREAT offense to the fact that I caught that egg instead of them. I had obligations and places I needed to be, like Pool League, and returning home (I am SO glad that I checked DC instead of going straight to bed) I find that the egg has over 800 views with over 300 unique views. It's sick. I hide it, and it still dies a couple minutes later.

So, I messaged the owner for the second time (first time was to let them know that I caught their egg), and apologized for what happened as well as offered to breed them anything they would like on my scroll.

I am SO LIVID right now, that someone would view-bomb ANY dragon. They may be little pixels, but they are given freely, and this mentality of "well if I can't have it, nobody else can so I'm going to kill it" is disgusting. Whoever did this needs to GROW UP, and FAST.

And I agree, something needs to happen. I honestly don't know what, if anything you can do though, outside of fogging every egg you get (which I will most definitely be doing from now on in case this sick little $%##!@ decides to try to view bomb my entire scroll. Eggs can be added by their code, so it's easy to do, and hard to prevent unless the entire way of viewing sites works is changed (doubtful). This I think is one of those unfortunate cases where we simply have to deal with the fact that some people are selfish little jerks.

However, I would love to personally confront the person who did this and tell them where to go and how they can get there. If you have to kill someone else's egg out of spite, you do not DESERVE to be on this site. PERIOD. I wish people could be caught doing this, and punished for such actions. They are cowardly, and seriously, if they wanted it that bad, they could have asked and I might have donated it to them. But no, they wanted to take their misery out on someone else, and a Shimmer died because of it. Way to go.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

Something strange just happened to two of my dragons : I found them in the AP, then posted their lineage page in a thread to show them since I was quite proud of my catch (maybe I shoulnd't have done this)

Then I prepared to make them hatch. I incubated them and started to put them in EATW and AOND. Usually I add eggs to Silvi's lair too and this way I take about 20-30 minuted for them to hatch.

Instead by the time I had added them to the second hatchery (I may have taken a total of 2-3 minutes, no more) I saw they both already had more then 200 UV and a big crack. They hatched in less then 5 minutes total and then I had to hide them because they were still gaining something like 10 UVs a second!

Their stats are

462 340 1 and 432 316 1

Luckily I was there all time bacause I fear they would have died if I were not ready to fog them

Edited by Iside

Something strange just happened to two of my dragons : I found them in the AP, then posted their lineage page in a thread to show them since I was quite proud of my catch (maybe I shoulnd't have done this)

Then I prepared to make them hatch. I incubated them and started to put them in EATW and AOND. Usually I add eggs to Silvi's lair too and this way I take about 20-30 minuted for them to hatch.

Instead by the time I had added them to the second hatchery (I may have taken a total of 2-3 minutes, no more) I saw they both already had more then 200 UV and a big crack. They hatched in less then 5 minutes total and then I had to hide them because they were still gaining something like 10 UVs a second!

Their stats are

462 340 1  and  432 316 1

Luckily I was there all time bacause I fear they would have died if I were not ready to fog them

EATW is running very 'hot' right now and will often insta hatch ER stuff, the good news is that once it's hatched it'll move the egg to a less intense mode. The less time the egg has, the faster EATW will hatch it. I just caught a mint off the AP, incubated it to 3d, 2h, and only put it in EATW, and it's already at 58 UV in under a minute.

e. after a few minutes it hatched out and stopped gaining views at around 150 uvs. So it was probably just EATW hatching an ER egg, not an unwanted viewbomber.

Edited by platedlizard

Some jerks keep hatching the eggs I have for trade, making it impossible to gather a batch to trade for anything really rare.

I never set my scroll to accept aid, but then again, I doubt these people ever intended to 'aid' me in any way.

I've never known viewbombing was a problem until I've heard several stories. Honestly, I have even viewbombed most of my first dragons; placing them on as many click sites as I can find, fogging them when they get sick, unfogging as soon as the warning disappears. I have even gone to bed after making sure that my dragons are in 5-7 click sites, and I wake up to find them still there. xd.png Luckily, none of my dragons have ever died when I had done this. Now I use a different approach when hatching my eggs.

This is what I do if I catch or breed anything really rare:

I fog them right away, and only unfog them when they've reached the 4 day mark. After they've hatched, I fog the resulting hatchling and only unfog it when it reaches the 4 day mark again. This way viewbombers can do nothing to my eggs and hatchies.

I also use only one hatchery/daycare. xd.png The ER'ing is really the only thing I need.

Edited by Beldarius

For hatching my eggs I normally wait for them to be under the 4 days mark to add them to any hatchery. I never had to fog any egg for a viewbombing problem, only when I started playing here and didn't knew how much time I had to wait to add them. My entire fault.

Just once I got a really noticeably, viewbombing on one of my hatchies, my first CB magma girl. I had to keep her fogged untill the last minute because after being hidden for almost five days she was still ill. Luckily, she pulled threw it, even when I thought she wouldn't make it, and now she is with 36k OV sitting there on my scroll. After that happened I didn't get any other problem with viewbombing, but I got more carefull with my eggs.

It only happened to me once, over two years ago, with I-don't-remeber-which egg. It was a CB, with 0 views the first day, and 2k+ the next. I fogged it and it survived, but up to this day I still have no clue who could it been or why they did it.

Someone put three of my hatchies that were up for trade in a clicksite AGAIN. Just when the cave spawns nothing but holidays, too. dry.gif I guess that's what I get for taking the chance that someone was holding an egg and wanted to trade.

Well, they're worthless as tradefodder now, so I suppose I'll just keep them for zombiefodder on Halloween or something. I get the feeling some troll thought I'd drop them on a giveaway thread because I can't trade them anymore, but this particular set is too valuable to possibly leave to a jerk who'd ruin someone's business just to get a free meal.

Looks like someone is getting cheap kicks over disrupting my trades. My eggs were placed in several hatcheries without my permission again today.

Looks like I have an obsessed fan. As soon as I made a post, my scroll was in half a dozen hatcheries without my permission.

Isn't there something that can be done about this?

Looks like I have an obsessed fan. As soon as I made a post, my scroll was in half a dozen hatcheries without my permission.

Isn't there something that can be done about this?

Other than fogging your scroll not much, although draghatch has implemented scroll security that functions through the dc api (you type in your scroll name, select security, get redirected to dc, it confirms you are you, then you go back to draghatch to set up your security options) it might help mediate the views a little bit.

Edit: This is one thing I'd like to see all api hatcheries add, since you can decide to leave your scroll completely open or limit hatcheries. It won't do anything to help the forum part of view bombing but it does limit some view bombers.

Edited by brairtrainer

Delboy, I had a random idea. As soon as you get the egg your going to use in the trade, fog it as soon as possible. Then, if you have all the other eggs gathered, unfog them all at one time, really fast. set up the trade, and check the clicksites where you know the click trollers are, and when they add the eggs, just remove them. Hope this helps! smile.gif

Edited by wvni

Their stats are

462 340 1 and 432 316 1

Something similar to this recently happened to me. I caught a rare egg in the AP, and when I was ready to add its code to the hatchery I use (Silvi's lair), he already was clicked on that hatchery. And had a lot of views.

He also hatched very quickly. Luckily, never had soft shell.

Don't AP eggs lose connection to hatcheries if their former owners had them there?

Don't AP eggs lose connection to hatcheries if their former owners had them there?

Unfortunately, no. I'm pretty sure AoND is the only one that does this, right now, and it has done so from the very beginning. Unless another added that feature recently?