TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

Thank you, Ravensilver....

EDIT:

I just want to say that there are good people in the DC Forum... I didn't ask for it, I was just rtrying to collect on my own, but with my set-up, it ain't fast (lol).

A few minutes ago I received a PM from a generous person who offered me a Lumina, which I gratefully accepted...

Thank you, CDM...

Edited by Husky51

Well, THAT cleaned out the Spitfires! biggrin.gif

Just this time last week, the AP was riddled with them. Now, not a one in sight!

And I can't far blame them. The Ultraviolets are my favourite this release. Thank you, TJ and spriters!

Mannn! Getting my second pair of Tsunamis was HARD! They seem to be few and far between now!

ETA: About the rarity of either of the CB new ones, has this EVER been openly discussed when a release is out? Or has it always been kinda hush-hush? Like my hub, I wasn't here for the release of the Metallics either. I see the question all through the postings.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Not hating or anything, but the description for the Tsunamis doesn't really make sense - a tsunami can't be made by wind, only by 'the displacement of a large volume of a body of water' (thanks Wikipedia). So they couldn't make a tsunami by flapping their wings... they look really gorgeous though. And the female hatchie has a mohawk!!!! LOL!!!

If their wingstroke was strong enough, it might 'displace' a large enough volume of water to create a small tsunami type wave...

@ Husky51: It was my pleasure biggrin.gif

Having fun catching up on the dragons that I now need. All that I do need now, though, are the UVs, but I'll just wait until my Spits and Purples are ready again. I abandoned my other UVs for the AP peeps cool.gif Lol.

LOL Well I am in the minority as I cannot get a Tsunami at all and with my carpel tunnel it makes it really hard but I am trying

and doing alot.png of hoping also

Not hating or anything, but the description for the Tsunamis doesn't really make sense - a tsunami can't be made by wind, only by 'the displacement of a large volume of a body of water' (thanks Wikipedia). So they couldn't make a tsunami by flapping their wings... they look really gorgeous though. And the female hatchie has a mohawk!!!! LOL!!!

Waves can reach staggering heights by wind alone (watch Deadliest Catch if you don't believe me). Wind is one of the most destructive forces in nature. It's quite possible that a large dragon like the Tsunami Wyverns (don't let the scale of the sprite fool you) could create high enough winds to create large, deadly waves.

Wow, these new dragons are utterly gorgeous! Thanks TJ and spriters!

I can't believe I'd had so much work this last week I didn't notice these new beauties came to the cave! I just bred an Ultraviolet and caught a Tsunami, though! biggrin.gif

It seems the Tsunami dragons are hard to catch.

Or are they supposed to be rares?

probably not rares but since they are in only one biome a lot of folk are there hunting.

the biome has been unblocking at times other than the top of the hour, I caught my last one at xx:50 and it was also unblocked at xx:23, I just kept checking every 5-10 minutes and caught three drops biggrin.gif

Compounding upon what Kila has already explained, if you doubt that dragons cannot create tidal waves by wind alone, I urge you to read the Temeraire books. Just look up 'Temeraire' and 'divine wind' and you're doubts will be assuaged, I promise.

I bet the Lumina will look really good with Silver Tinsels.

I bet the Lumina will look really good with Silver Tinsels.

If mine genders right and it doesn't refuse my tinsel, we'll soon find out, won't we? smile.gif

I just want to say that Dragon Cave has the kindest people in it.

I have to completely agree. This is by far the BEST community online I've ever seen. Honestly, the site is only half the fun; without the forums (and IRC), I don't now if I;d still be on ^^ I have only female Spitfires and Purples, so someone in the IRC immediately offered to breed me an Ultraviolet happy.gif Thanks to that person soooo much! You know who you are 8)

What kind of views did it take you guys for your Lumina dragons to gender? I'm at like 4,000 and 4 days and I can't get them gendered...

EDIT: Complaining seems to work! LOL Two gendered!

Edited by Corteo

What kind of views did it take you guys for your Lumina dragons to gender? I'm at like 4,000 and 4 days and I can't get them gendered...

Lol, they even hate YOU xd.png Mine refused to hatch. The second the cave reblocked, they FINALLY decided to enter the real world xd.png

Mine were near 4000 views and 5 days, I think. I was anxious for them to gender because I wanted to influence my other two, so I kept checking them and they seemed to take forever!

What kind of views did it take you guys for your Lumina dragons to gender?  I'm at like 4,000 and 4 days and I can't get them gendered...

EDIT:  Complaining seems to work!  LOL  Two gendered!

At 5 days, and about 5000 views happy.gif

Edit:

@purplehaze Same thing here! I couldn't remember what I influenced what, so I just left them. I'm being extremely hopeful rolleyes.gif

Edited by DeathCry

I am late to the birthday party, my apologies.

Happy belated birthday, DragCave. Here's to another year of happiness.

We thank you for the new eggs you have given us.

What kind of views did it take you guys for your Lumina dragons to gender?  I'm at like 4,000 and 4 days and I can't get them gendered...

EDIT:  Complaining seems to work!  LOL  Two gendered!

4 days and then some at around 2,000ish, probably closer to 3,000, views.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan