TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

Don't feel bad! I noticed in an earlier post that some really kind person had bred and dropped 6 UV's to the AP just to be nice!

ETA: I'm kinda miffed that the AP wall is back in force tho, no more of those 5 minute drops that I managed to grab so many eggs from. I have to wait til the top of the hour and the what seems to be seconds-long drop.

Edited by Ayelldee

I STILL need a tsunami, I got an ultraviolet from the ap

I feel SO bad for whoever released that

I realeased an extra I had to the AP a couple of days ago just cuz I know some people cant get them, so dont feel bad lots of people are trying to help!! biggrin.gif

Happy Birthday DC. Thank you TJ and mods for all that you do to keep it going.

Oh noze, the scary wall of eggs is back.

Grabbing new babies is going to be so much harder with only 5 minutes available each hour.

xO

My Tsunamis will grow up tomorrow! I can't wait. I think the Tsunamis are my favorite of the three.

I think it's a wonderful idea to make a new breed using two established ones. Maybe it's not a bad idea to do this with the other breeds that usually block the AP, too. Like the various stone dragons. Or the mints. Or the various water based dragons. Or the greens.

Those all tend to be 'left over' after the choicier eggs have been grabbed. And often the AP is filled up with only those 'left over' dragon eggs for hours and hours.

So if we get more breeds by having to *combine* the existant ones - and not only rare ones, but really, really common ones - I truly wouldn't mind at all... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

My first Lumina hatched! Yeah! And the Tsunami's only an hour away... ^___^

Lol, actually, that's already been done with most of the dragons you mentioned.

Both Greens and Stones, or a combination of the two, can produce Geodes, and some of the various water dragons can produce Blunas and Shallow Water dragons, so in the long run, hybrids don't necessarily solve anything in terms of clearing the dragons involved in AP/Cave blocking, and in fact can make things worse, as when multiple Greens and Stones are produced and Dropped by people trying for Geodes... although we can certainly enjoy the hybrids for themselves. smile.gif

Edit: ROFLMAO, should have known I'd be ninja.gif ed!

Edited by Syphoneira

Naturally, the one week I'm away from DC, a release comes out rolleyes.gif Time to hunt!

What an unsuccessful drop.. way fewer and far between....

The only thing I have to show for it is a misclicked Seawyrm and a wet floor because my dad's fish spazzed and stopped me from sticking out the hourly drop *sigh*

~

Even though other breed-only's have been created, their parents still haven't gained much popularity among the general DC population. The UV's may be the one's to break the record, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

You're right - that WAS just a totally dissatisfying drop - a non-drop. I think I only saw three Tsunamis flash by. Durn!

Oh my. My two hatched sunlights gendered female... hopefully one of the three eggs I have will gender male! unsure.gif I'd hate to have to try and fight everyone just to manage to get one that genders male! My pinks are still recovering from the last time they influenced!

going to have adults in 7 hours yay!!! smile.gif

going to have adults in 7 hours yay!!! smile.gif

Who? blink.gif

Isn't the earliest for you in ~13 hours?

~

Accidental Spazz-click on a Lumina, so I suppose that's not too bad. Having an odd number bothers me, though laugh.gif

I am having an IMPOSSIBLE time catching Tsunamis!! I swear, I've been stuck in front of the screen for the entire day and have gotten...nada, nothing, not even a sniff. I caught one of the ones I presently have on the 23rd when they were still dropping (at least, more steadily than they are now), and the other was gifted. And they are my favourite of all the new breeds. *sits in corner sulking* lol

Hmm I wonder what this downtime is for =3

*Hopes it's filling everyone's scroll with a new egg* xd.png

I am having an IMPOSSIBLE time catching Tsunamis!! I swear, I've been stuck in front of the screen for the entire day and have gotten...nada, nothing, not even a sniff. I caught one of the ones I presently have on the 23rd when they were still dropping (at least, more steadily than they are now), and the other was gifted. And they are my favourite of all the new breeds. *sits in corner sulking* lol

Don't worry, it's not only you laugh.gif

I woke up 6am to try my luck, and nothing.

Edit: So many times, I don't know what the number is

@ TwilitProphet (Below) Yeah, you're right happy.gif

Minor description typos were fixed ~

Edited by DeathCry

Omg, being away for 5 days and I miss all this?! -sad face- They are really pretty, I must go catch some!

I'm not sure if it was the maintenance that did it, but it seems that the grammatical and spelling errors in the egg descriptions and dragon breed descriptions have been fixed!

I am super happy with the new dragons. I have been waiting for a good reason to snatch up more spitfires. I have always thought they were awesome dragons. For a completely unrelated reason I have like 8 CB female purples so that I can use a few of them!

I also love the stunning Tsunamis!! I generally avoid the coastal and jungle biomes because there are not many breeds there that interest me. In fact I avoided the tsunami eggs because I thought, oh just another water dragon! Thanks for the lovely addition.

What I really love the most about these new breeds - the awesome mix of new or interesting colors! These guys and gals are going to make awesome mates for checkers and other lineages and patterns. And new hybrids are always awesome. I know so many people are zOMG ... Deadlines are EVUL!!! Well some dragons look awesome when paired with or around tombstones! So this gives a little more variety around the dead.

Like how everyone knows if you kill the parents of an egg 5 minutes before it hatches and chant TJs name backwards 3 times it may hatch as a Holly.

x3 Sounds like that forum game of things to tell a newb

~

Has the maintenance also allowed us to grab CB releases, regardless of the wall of eggs in the AP?

~

Edit: Staring at the Coast biome so long, and my eyes are starting to feel really sleepy wacko.gif

Edited by DeathCry

Like how everyone knows if you kill the parents of an egg 5 minutes before it hatches and chant TJs name backwards 3 times it may hatch as a Holly.

xd.png That was so random.

I was thinking, about that deadline thing, silver tinsels and UV would look fantastic together!

Edited by fallen_leaf

biggrin.gif Got another Ultraviolet egg. I always snatched random spitfires from the AP, there always were a bunch of them; now I wonder if this release will make them less common...

I have already got my second Ultraviolet, so now I have my first pair. Now, I only have to wait for them to hatch. biggrin.gif

Three Lumina eggs, one Lumina Hatchling, two Tsunami eggs so far. Looking for another Tsunami egg... I suspect I'm not the only one close to locked right now, judging by how slowly the cave is moving. xd.png Nice release. I like the Tsunamis.

Happy hunting, everyone!