TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

Beautiful dragons, especially the Lumina!

Speaking of Luminas, someone has probably already posted this (too tired to look), but: there are two spelling errors on their descriptions. Revieved should be received and narcasistic is spelled narcissistic.

Thanks to all the talented spriters, and happy birthday, DC!

Grammar Mistakes: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=111068 is the proper thread for pointing out mistakes.

I have seen all the ones reported here already reported there.

If you're just showing up, remember that others have asked where to get them. A quick search may get you your answer. :3

^^

~

22 hours left until my tsunamis are adults. One lumina finally gendered. o3o

^^

~

22 hours left until my tsunamis are adults. One lumina finally gendered. o3o

Sweet! I have that thread bookmarked now. smile.gif

I'm both hoping that the Lumina is a rare (because we're somewhat lacking in those) and hoping that it's a common (so I can hoard them without any trouble). Guess we'll see.

x3 I keep losing sleep over DC

Good luck to everyone still hunting for the new eggs smile.gif

I must try the caves wee early in the morning ^m^

Edited by DeathCry

Just waiting for my hatchies to grow up quickly!

After that, I am going to hunt for more Luminas tongue.gif

the males are dazzling

These dragons are so awesome omgodddd~ *pile of blubbering happiness*

Speaking of which, my newly hatched Tsunami wyverns gave me hell - they kept getting sick all the time! ><

All mine hatched biggrin.gif Now I will hoard a bunch of them!

Edited by FengShien

I am happy with my hatchies and eggs, so I would like to thank TJ for the release and the spriters for their little beauties!

Just got back on line after a few days of no internet and OMG... new eggs... haven't been able to see any as of yet so haven't caught any but hoping to see and catch some soon... will stalk the cave or maybe I'll be able to trade for some... would like 2 of each, but right now would just like to have any of them...

Does anyone know if there are 5-minute drops being conducted??? I haven't seen any, but I have a slow machine...THX

What a wonderful release! They all make beautiful additions to the cave. I especially love the Tsunami Wyvern, which I've loved since they were first created.

A big thank you to TJ, all the artists and mods who have helped the site get into its 6th year.

Does anyone know if there are 5-minute drops being conducted??? I haven't seen any, but I have a slow machine...THX

There are.

But it looks like things have gone back to 'normal' in that the AP has to be cleared first, before 5 Minute drops will appear.

So it's time to stop abandoning eggs left and right and start doing normal breeding again, or the AP will remain egg-walled for a long, long time - and no 5 Minute drops because of that... ^^;;

My first UV just hatched. *huggles it* And the others are starting to crack... so happy! Thanks again, TJ! smile.gif

My first pair of Tsunamis gendered! Can't wait for them to grow up~

I love the crest differences in the hatchlings. So cute.

They are fewer and fewer between

Not really. They're there...

But as long as the AP is choked up with eggs, we're not getting the 5-minute drops, so it seems that there aren't many...

Once the backlog on the AP has been cleared, things should settle down to normal and then you can snag the new ones even on the 5-minute drops. smile.gif

I saw the finished adults a while ago, but I forgot to mention how GORGEOUS they are!

The Tsunami Wyverns were a nice surprise, Wyverns are always nice to have. happy.gif (I remember seeing them on the completed list too a while back!)

The UVs are really nice too, it also makes more sense why the Spitfire and purple were chosen for them now. Like a pumped up Spitfire. smile.gif

Now, the Lumina Dragons ... WOWOWOWOW. I want a mini army of these beauties! (Though I wished it had a bit more gold on it, since the egg portrays it being a pretty much golden dragon)

Anyway, I'd like to thank TJ and the spriters of these dragons to releasing them! happy.gif *waits for my hatchings to grow so I can get more luminas*

I think it's a wonderful idea to make a new breed using two established ones. Maybe it's not a bad idea to do this with the other breeds that usually block the AP, too. Like the various stone dragons. Or the mints. Or the various water based dragons. Or the greens.

Those all tend to be 'left over' after the choicier eggs have been grabbed. And often the AP is filled up with only those 'left over' dragon eggs for hours and hours.

So if we get more breeds by having to *combine* the existant ones - and not only rare ones, but really, really common ones - I truly wouldn't mind at all... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

My first Lumina hatched! Yeah! And the Tsunami's only an hour away... ^___^

And I have genders! I've snagged more eggs, too, so my little army is growing! I have 9 Tsunami, and 8 Lumina's now, so I'm happy. smile.gif My goal is 20 of each. After that, I start snagging more Purples and Spitfires so that I can breed more 2nd gen Ultraviolets. I'm so glad to see a new hybrid! <3

So if we get more breeds by having to *combine* the existant ones - and not only rare ones, but really, really common ones - I truly wouldn't mind at all...

Agreed! And more hybrids would go a long way to get rid of cave blockers, imo, because then everyone would be snapping up more of them.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I believe that it has been done for a few dragons.

Geode Dragons can only be obtainable by breeding any combination of Green, Stone, and Geode dragons with each other

Shallow Water Dragons can only by obtainable by breeding Water Dragon x Magi, Shallow Water x Any other breed or Shallow Water x Shallow Water

Two-Finned Blunas can only be obtainable by breeding Skywing x Water, Skywing x Deep Sea, Bluna x any other dragon or Bluna x Bluna

and, of course, Ultraviolets. Spitfire Dragon x Purple Dragon, Ultraviolet x Ultraviolet or Ultraviolet x any other breed

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Breedable_Only

Though, I do agree. I wish there were more of these kind of dragons, make lineages like more interesting. ^^

Oh no! I'm so late!!! What biomes? D:

The Tsunami Wyverns appear in the Coast biome, the Luminas appear in every biome, and the Ultraviolets are obtained by breeding a Spitfire and a Purple.

I STILL need a tsunami, I got an ultraviolet from the ap

I feel SO bad for whoever released that