TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

...gah, now I feel silly for having grabbed four Lumina eggs and used influences on them. I'm afraid I don't like the Lumina sprite at all (though that's simply a matter of my personal taste, they're still well-done sprites), and... I don't have a single Tsunami egg because I wasn't trying to grab them just yet. *headdesk* I love the Tsunami adults. I'm way too stubborn given the use of influences to trade the Lumina hatchlings for Tsunamis (any stage), though. xd.png Argh! I sure know how to punish myself.

*kicks self for violating her self-set "never catch release eggs before you've seen the adults" rule*

Oh well. I picked up Waterhorses and Harvests eventually despite having the same sprite reaction... I guess Luminas will grow on me to at least that degree (the gotta-catch-em-all degree), too. smile.gif

Thank you so much for the new dragons, everyone involved! biggrin.gif

Hard to catch something when your computer freezes just as the drop begins.

Ahhh, but that just adds to the satisfaction when you finally snag an egg. We had a giant windstorm going on a couple of years ago when the Valentine's Day release was happening... just about every time I got ready for a drop, either the power or the cable modem would fizzle out. rolleyes.gif When I managed to stay connected long enough to actually catch my eggs, I jumped right out of my chair and did the happy squee dance. laugh.gif

Keep trying, and you'll be neck-deep in new eggs before long!

EDIT: Okay, I also just realized that I had an open egg slot, so I hopped over to the Coast and snagged a nice soggy Tsunami for you. I'll send it your way after cooldown. Cheers!

Edited by Evilminion

All adulds are really well done! The artists made a great work, thank you for that and thank you TJ for the new release. smile.gif

The luminas - they're buttwings! Or wingbutts? wink.gif I think we need to start a lineage with luminas and snow angels... biggrin.gif

Got some new pairs of each eggs today and influenced them. biggrin.gif

Glorious release!

The luminas - they're buttwings! Or wingbutts? wink.gif I think we need to start a lineage with luminas and snow angels... biggrin.gif

No, no, no *dances excitedly* With Winter Magi! Butterbutts and Wingbutts/Buttwings xd.png

That's it - I have to. I can't resist. The ButterButtWing lineage is about to begin!

Edited by Kelkelen

That's it - I have to. I can't resist. The ButterButtWing lineage is about to begin!

But... but... laugh.gif

Ultraviolets are officially my favorite dragon breed EVAR. MUSTHOARDNAO.

Yay! I successfully bred a UV dragon on the first try (how convenient my only Spitfire happened to be female and I bred out a male purple not long ago tongue.gif)! UVs are so gorgeous! Now, onto catching the other two...

Edited by Twilight_Rose

I was thinking of starting my very first lineage with the Lumina and Ember/Magi Dragons in a checkered even gen. The females will be Lumina - I like that sprite the best - with the Ember and Magi Dragons set as the males, each one half. To represent the two sides of life, a yin and yang if you will: Ember/Magi the dark (order) and the Lumina the light (chaos). Mmm, it can even echoe Modesitte's Recluse theory of magic....just thought of that! biggrin.gifcool.gif Opinions?

I know this is going to sound crazy, but my eyes keep insisting on seeing a 'wolf skull' on the female Tsunmai dragons' back/wing, with the skull's snout right in the curve of her neck...it's got 2 pointed ears and a black eye that looks like it's got makeup around it. I keep seeing it and it's driving me nuts! xd.png It took me a little while to acually see her the way she's supposed to be, but every single time I look at TJ's girl, there's that stupid 'skull' there. Arrrg!

Edited by MedievalMystic

I have got to come to the Cave more often... I just found out about the latest drop.... ohmy.gif I guess that it wouldn't have mattered as I was egg locked anyway... Thank you, TJ and all the Spriters....

I was lucky and bred for my two UV's

now for the others...

wish me luck! biggrin.gif

edit:

sigh, no luck on the drop.... then the cave blockers stayed in....

Edited by Husky51

I know this is going to sound crazy, but my eyes keep insisting on seeing a 'wolf skull' on the female Tsunmai dragons' back/wing, with the skull's snout right in the curve of her neck...it's got 2 pointed ears and a black eye that looks like it's got makeup around it. I keep seeing it and it's driving me nuts! xd.png It took me a little while to acually see her the way she's supposed to be, but every single time I look at TJ's girl, there's that stupid 'skull' there. Arrrg!

Can't unsee.

Well, crud nuggets... sad.gif Only just found out about this release. Working in law enforcement and having to work overtime this week screwed my free time royally...

I tried to look at what you're seeing, but now I can't stop seeing a Nyan Cat face right next to the Female Tsunami's head. I don't even know. o_o

Has anyone caught the glaring typos in the lumina description yet?

Lumina Dragons revieved their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they'll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last. These narcasistic dragons live in small groups and prefer to surround themselves with beauty. The females guard their territory and eggs while the males search for vegetation to eat.

Should be received and narcissistic.

Edit: Thanks, Thuban. Glad to know I'm not the first person to notice. xd.png

Edited by MissVampire13

Has anyone caught the glaring typos in the lumina description yet?

Should be received and narcissistic.

TJ is aware, and is not in a location where he can fix it at this time tongue.gif

Yay, my first pair of Tsunami gendered-correctly laugh.gif - now to pick up a couple more pairs-- when I get un locked rolleyes.gif

ASDFJGHJKL: THESE THINGS ARE BEAUTIFUL. ;_; So glad I could influence for each gender... and that I have at least a pair of each. >.> I especially like the tsunamis... although all of them are beautiful. smile.gif

I was thinking of starting my very first lineage with the Lumina and Ember/Magi Dragons in a checkered even gen. The females will be Lumina - I like that sprite the best - with the Ember and Magi Dragons set as the males, each one half. To represent the two sides of life, a yin and yang if you will: Ember/Magi the dark (order) and the Lumina the light (chaos). Mmm, it can even echoe Modesitte's Recluse theory of magic....just thought of that! biggrin.gifcool.gif Opinions?

Oh man, I'm not sure how that would work but it sounds cool all the same! I might join, depending on how they all look together.

Can't unsee.

Thank God it's not just me then! ha ha

I tried to look at what you're seeing, but now I can't stop seeing a Nyan Cat face right next to the Female Tsunami's head. I don't even know. o_o

xd.png That's funny! It's like once you see that face there, be it the skull of the wolf, or whatever, you just can't stop seeing it every single time you look at the dragon. It's maddening! lol

This is nothing against the artist, btw. I love the dragons. <3

Edited by MedievalMystic

They're all beautiful, but I like the Ultraviolet a bit more. I already have 1 of those I'll try to breed more. biggrin.gif

I know this is going to sound crazy, but my eyes keep insisting on seeing a 'wolf skull' on the female Tsunmai dragons' back/wing, with the skull's snout right in the curve of her neck...it's got 2 pointed ears and a black eye that looks like it's got makeup around it.  I keep seeing it and it's driving me nuts!  xd.png  It took me a little while to acually see her the way she's supposed to be, but every single time I look at TJ's girl, there's that stupid 'skull' there.  Arrrg!

My glob I see it. >_>

Edit: And it may just be me, but in the male tsunami hatchling it looks like the fin/wing is square at the angle, and in the female hatchling a pixel is erased so it looks slightly more curved. Although It just may be me. O.o

Edited by gotw3