TJ09

2012-05-21 - Happy 6th Birthday!

Now it's time for the female Ultraviolet!

There's just one thing I don't understand about these guys. The s2 description says "It's gotten slightly bigger and its colors have changed!", but I don't see any color change D:

Gorgeous new dragons for us to *ahem* fight over. tongue.gif Somehow, the hybrid is not growing on me....but I love the Tsunami Wyvern! And it's the one egg I could not get - well, I caught two (one yesterday, today the other) but I had really wanted to get at least four of them. They sure are hard to pin down and grab! lol But thanks in any case to all the hard working spriters, it's been fun to be part of such a major release. smile.gif

"It's gotten slightly bigger and its colors have changed!", but I don't see any color change D:

I thought the same xd.png

I love both the tsunamis! The pose of the female is very different and interesting. smile.gif Thank you spriters! Can't wait for the rest to grow up.

Now after this wall of text, my opinion on these dragons : I quite like that the tsunamis do have large wings. It's true that we don't see much detail on the body but one thing I often notice about other dragons is how their wings aren't big enough in general. It's not a big deal and it's very hard not to make that mistake, but if you look at a bird, you'll see that their wingspan is very big compared to their body, otherwise they couldn't stay in the air.

tl;dr I actually like seeing a dragon with a big wingspan smile.gif

Also I love their patterns. I'm a fan of the tsunamis smile.gif I love the eggs, hachies and adults.

This ^

I love the big wings, but I am obsessed with wings, so I might be a little biased.

Also, I thought it was no longer allowed for people to suggest sprite changes on the Suggestion thread?

I personally love all sprites made, whether they are my own personal favorite or not. Spriters are very talented artists, and deserve all the applause.

So far, the hybrid is my favorite of the two adults we see right now, but I love the coloring of the tsunami's. I'm not a huge fan of their poses, but all-in-all, gorgeous dragons.

biggrin.gif

Hmph. I hate having only one spitfire to breed uvs with. The female uv adult is so pretty as well. But my goal is to have (if it has dimorphism in both adults and hatchies-if there isn't dimorphism, any gender is fine. Oh, and reds and pinks and magis are exempt from this) 1 pair of adults, 1 pair of gendered frozen hatchlings and 1 ungendered hatchling, so I guess I can't have more..

But the female is so pwetty! *sob*

OMG the female Ultraviolet! Absolutely ADORE the pose! Definitely my favorite of the two adults.

But I still prefer the Tsunamis XD

There's just one thing I don't understand about these guys. The s2 description says "It's gotten slightly bigger and its colors have changed!", but I don't see any color change D:

Yeah, I've wondered about that, too. Maybe there was a sprite change at some point during the creation of these?

Anyway, I LOVE the tsunamis, and the UVs are nice, too (amazing poses! The colours are not my favourite, but it's nice that one can see the relation to the spitfires).

*hibbles for the shinies*

Edited by Lastalda

user posted imageuser posted image

Made for each other? smile.gif

The Tsunamis are beautiful with their patterns and their dynamic appearance! I can almost hear the waves they make in the water.

I love how the Ultraviolets really look like a cross between Spitfires and Purples. (It's not that obvious with other hybrids.) I'm a fan of Spitfires anyway, now I just need to get more Purples for breeding many beautiful Ultraviolet babies. ^^

Edited by Confused Cat

I love the female ultraviolet! biggrin.gif All the sprites so far have been great and I can't wait until the shinies grow up. I'm so desperate to see what they look like!

Also, I thought it was no longer allowed for people to suggest sprite changes on the Suggestion thread?

I would be surprised... Spriters appreciate constructive criticism to get an outside opinion ? It can be hard to see what is wrong with what you've been working on for hours.

Here are the guidelines for the dragon request section : http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4186590

It seems to point in the same direction.

Or maybe you meant the completed section ? In which case, one can even offer concrit in the completed section, but it has to fit the guidelines (i.e. be relevant, and mods prefer people who were involved in the sprite to post, not any random person).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not, that would be a pity.

Anyway back to the subject at hand : I actually prefer the female UV. I really like the pose, it's flowing and dynamic. The colours also seem to fit better on her for some reason. She really balances the male out. So overall I'm very pleased with this release smile.gif

As soon as I'm sure I can't catch any of the CBs with my crappy connection I'll start breeding a few UVs.

I'm dying to see these new dragons but the images on the forum are lagging so badly that I am having to settle for your tantalising descriptions while I wait for the images to load

Not sure if anyone had mentioned (too lazy to read through all 65 pages), but the lineage view for female tsunami is crooked... it shows her behind only... laugh.gif

I hope TJ would see it and change it. smile.gif It's really a very nice colour and I'm planning to do some lineage with them already.

As for the Shinies... my bet is that they will be rares xd.png I may be wrong but that's been my gut feeling all along.

If they're not, I hope that we get a rare release soon. I'd love to see how an initial mass release of rares effects game play.

Still at 4d 1h?!? Clearly the way that these dragons protect themselves against humans is to kill us with suspense. xd.png

Wow!! I totally love these, especially the wyvern! <3 <3 Grow uuuppp!! *prods my hatchlings*

I would be surprised... Spriters appreciate constructive criticism to get an outside opinion ? It can be hard to see what is wrong with what you've been working on for hours.

Here are the guidelines for the dragon request section : http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4186590

It seems to point in the same direction.

Or maybe you meant the completed section ? In which case, one can even offer concrit in the completed section, but it has to fit the guidelines (i.e. be relevant, and mods prefer people who were involved in the sprite to post, not any random person).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope not, that would be a pity.

Anyway back to the subject at hand : I actually prefer the female UV. I really like the pose, it's flowing and dynamic. The colours also seem to fit better on her for some reason. She really balances the male out. So overall I'm very pleased with this release smile.gif

As soon as I'm sure I can't catch any of the CBs with my crappy connection I'll start breeding a few UVs.

No, no, no xd.png

What I meant is that I have the impression that posting threads on the suggestions thread itself about changing in-cave sprites is no longer allowed.

If they did that on the Dragon Request it would just be silly!

Edit: Can't wait for the shinies to grow up! I see those four sexy wings hehe.

Edited by becrux

Tsunami adults are not as chubby as I imagined, but goodlook anyway. I love both the 2 breeds! And the shimmer one please grow up quickly!!!

Just got home from a hard day at work and I have to say I'm loving the adult sprites, The Hybrids are just awsome. Havent caught wind of what their breed names are. Which is which may I ask?

Edit- I got the breed names now, Loving the Ultraviolets

Edited by Kursedfire

Happy Birthday DC! smile.gif

The adult sprites looks so awesome! I really like the Ultraviolet, but the Tsunami isn't bad either. Can't see the other adult for now, but i'm sure it'll look great.

Gonna build an army with these new dragons laugh.gif

Big thanks to the spriters for these cool dragons!!! tongue.gif

No, no, no xd.png

What I meant is that I have the impression that posting threads on the suggestions thread itself about changing in-cave sprites is no longer allowed.

If they did that on the Dragon Request it would just be silly!

Edit: Can't wait for the shinies to grow up! I see those four sexy wings hehe.

Oh, my bad xd.png yes that makes sense.

My point earlier is that people should turn their energy towards giving crits for Works in Progress. I don't think there's much point in criticizing an in cave sprite unless the spriter states otherwise.

(I'm not saying people can't give their opinion - there is a difference between stating one's opinion and criticizing.)

Yay my first shiny hatched ! I am really wondering what they are... Can't remember a dragon with two pairs of wings in this colour scheme at all.

Now I hope I can grab another CB at this hour drop.

Edit for typo

Edited by Anna Selka

If anyone has any critique relating to the Ultraviolets or any of my other sprites, I would love to hear it. Feel free to PM me with any concerns, concrit, or suggestions and I'll do my best to fix any issues.

That being said, can't wait to see the adult sunlights!

If anyone has any critique relating to the Ultraviolets or any of my other sprites, I would love to hear it.  Feel free to PM me with any concerns, concrit, or suggestions and I'll do my best to fix any issues.

See? Now it would be nice if there was a place somewhere where each in cave artist could say this. It would avoid a lot of trouble and hurt feelings. Something like the official art usage form.

I think the UVs are lovely <3 But I just love your spriting style so yeah. *fangirl over here*

Edited by becrux