chee

Make your own character 2

*Summons Chee with a new chapter*

I've been loving it so far. Please don't stop.

Chee says they still plan on continuing the story. They're just a little busy. They're also sorry for making us wait, but I explained that we don't mind waiting. smile.gif

Chee, we're still supporting you! biggrin.gif

It took nearly two weeks before we were all well enough to even consider saving the kingdom. Word had arrived stating that the castle had been overthrown. I suspected that the leaders of the other places were thinking of ways to reclaim the lost city, after all we were the protectors of the other places, without us they were in danger of going to war with each other and having no one to stop it.

We were standing at the docks now. Z was flying up in the shadows of a building looking for a spaceship that would suit our needs to return to the city. He flew down landing quietly near us in our hiding place behind some cargo.

“I found one, it’s small enough.” Z informed us.

“Are we sure about this? How are we going to save anything? There’s only four of us.” Thalassa asked.

“We have no other choice. Tagan, are you sure you can do this?” I asked for the hundredth time.

“I’ll be fine.” Tagan reassured me. With a sigh I signaled for Z to lead us to the space ship. As I walked by I lit the cargo we had been hiding behind on fire. It didn’t take long for people to start shouting about the fire. We quickly arrived at the spaceship Z had singled out, a guard stood nervously looking towards the commotion of the fire as if he wasn’t sure to go or stay. Thalassa looked towards me and I nodded, she then ran out using her water to the knock the guard over and the hilt of her sword to knock him unconscious. We all piled into the spaceship with Z at the front with the controls.

“Well he’s going to have a headache in the morning.” Thalassa joked with a slightly evil smile as she closed the door to the spaceship.

“You are lucky I am an expert in flying.” Z stated joyfully as the spaceship roared to life and we headed for the stars. The spaceship was so small that there were only two seats. Thalassa sat in the second one next to Z excited to get to some fighting after so long of sitting around waiting for wounds to heal. I sat down on the floor propping myself against the wall Tagan slowly sat next to me.

“The king is probably dead. And I overheard that some of the planets are being swarmed with soldiers who are trying to take over.” I told Tagan.

“You don’t think we’ll win, do you?” Tagan asked honesty in his eyes. I looked at him not even attempting to hide what I knew to be true.

“There’s four of us, against an army, the other planets are against our king. This is a fools errand.” I told him not hiding the distaste in my voice at the idea of my home being over run by psychopaths. Tagan paused for a while obviously deep in thought, I didn’t mind it gave me a chance to think through our plan, tweaking small pieces to help guarantee success. We flew for half an hour the only sounds being Tagan and Thalassa avoiding contact with other spaceships.

“If we don’t win.” Tagan started slowly as if he was thinking through what he was saying while he was saying it.

“We will die.” I interrupted him.

“And if we live. What will we do?” He continued as if I hadn’t rudely cut him off. I looked at him not sure what he was after.

“The only thing I know how to do is fight. Though, I had always wondered what it would be like to run a blacksmithing store.” I told him in almost a whisper as I had never admitted that dream to anyone. Tagan was about to respond when the spaceship suddenly jerked.

“We’re at the planet, we’ll be spotted any second. If you’re going to do something do it now.” Thalassa called back to us. Tagan and I both stood up and rushed over to the two.

“You know where to fly correct?” I asked Z.

“Crash land in the throne room.” Z said excitedly. It was a shame that he wouldn’t get a chance to become a great warrior with all the energy he had as an amateur. I turned towards Tagan.

“I’ll be fine.” Tagan reassured me seeing the look of worry on my face. More than likely this was going to be the last time we all saw each other alive, it was a sad and scary thought. Without stopping myself I stood up on my tiptoes to make up for our height difference and kissed Tagan.

“I’m not sure now is the right time.” Z said a bit put off with the public display of affection. Pulling away from Tagan I saw the blissful look on his face his eyes half closed in pleasure and I smiled at the reaction I caused in him.

“Not to interrupt, but we will be shot at soon.” Thalassa interrupted. Tagan came back to himself and touched the wall of the spaceship, power could almost be seen surging through him as he turned the whole ship invisible. You could see the energy being sapped through him at the difficulty of his task.

“One crash landing coming up.” Z announced and suddenly bother Tagan and I flew forward as the ship hit the outer wall crashing through.

Venril jumped out of the way as a small spaceship crashed through the wall behind her.

“How did that get in here!?” Venril shouted angrily. “Solmina, you were in charge of guarding the facility. Where are your men?”

“I don’t know where that came from. Soldiers attack!” Solmina ordered before anyone could come out and attack them first. Ten soldiers charged towards the spaceship, suddenly a large wave pours out slipping them all up, a stream of fire follows shortly catching their clothes and sending most into the writhing balls of pain as the fire is hot enough to instantly cause the water to steam causing heat burns on those in the way. Z violently flies out of the spaceship using his blades he swoops in ending the suffering of those writhing on the floor and flying far enough that he can’t be hurt by their weapons. Yori and Thalassa both come out of the spaceship with their weapons ready. Tagan is behind them his bow at the ready though it’s obvious that he’s hanging back trying to avoid getting into a close quarters fight.

“How are you four still alive!?” Venril screamed as she drew her sword covering it in ice. “Est, finish them.” Venril commanded and Est drew his weapons a wicked smile on his face. Solmina cut her arm and formed a long sword out of her blood.

“Does the king still live?” Yori called to Venril and Venril smiled gleefully. Signaling behind her she moved out of the way to show the dead body of the king hanging from the wall dry blood still clinging to his lifeless form. Though what caused the rage in Yori was seeing the body of the general, her father next to the king. There was a scream of rage as Yori charged sword ablaze towards Venril.

I literally saw red as I charged towards Venril. Our swords clashed hissing with the combination of fire and ice. I had let my rage overtake me as I fought her swinging wildly fire shooting in every direction mostly colliding with ice. I didn’t know how the others were doing and at the moment I wasn’t too worried, I just wanted this womans blood at my feet. We locked swords neither of us able to pull away, I increased the flames on my sword and she did the same with her ice creating a cloud of steam around us. Finally we both pulled away, I was about to send a stream of fire at her when an arrow suddenly appeared in her shoulder.

Est was having fun fighting Thalassa. He knew that all he needed to do was connect his electricity with her water and the fight would be his. Her own sword was barely a match for his two tonfa’s. Each time he locked a sword with hers he swung the other one forcing her to back up. Est noticed that she was getting smarter, she only fired short bursts of water to prevent him from electrocuting her. He was using so much electricity that his hair was standing up as was hers. He swung for both her arm and her body at the same time, she blocked the attack to her body and used water to push the other attack away from her. He electricity towards her that was almost lightening like as it snaked for her, she barely dodged in time threw a ball of water at Est. Est ducked out of the way from it and swung his weapons around threatening her, she began circling around him and with a smile he did the same. It was easier to anticipate a persons next move when they were already moving. Knowing what he did about her fighting technique he was waiting for her to violently overreact and attack him from the side. What he didn’t expect was the spike made of blood that suddenly plunged though his stomach. Eyes wide he gasped both in surprise and pain as his blood mixed the blood spike that was slowly dissolving into his wounds. Thalassa was just as surprised and turned just in time to block a blood weapon being shot at her.

Solmina smiled as she watched Est sink to his knees. In a last effert to have revenge for himself he shot electricity towards Solmina who rolled to the side and avoided the last attack of one of the best warriors.

“I should have done that a long time ago.” Solmina smiled proud of herself. Thalassa looked to see Z grounded a wound in his wing oozing blood soaking the floor as he fights a handful of foot soldiers. His fighting ability is amazing considering that all he has are two small hidden blades.

“Why did you kill him?” Thalassa asked her sword at the ready.

“The same reason I’m not helping Venril against your enraged friend. It’s high time I took over.” Solmina growled back. Thalassa glanced towards Tagan to see if he could help but, to her dismay, he had passed out from exhaustion.

I watched as Venril fell to her knees almost confused about what happened to her.

“Not bad… distract me so that your boy can kill me off.” Venril practically laughed at how well the plan was executed. I was too relaxed now that she was dying at my feet and didn’t even notice her attack until there was a cut on my leg and I was on the ground screaming as my own blood pours from my wound. Venril passes out her body laying next to mine, I spit on her soon to be corpse for good measure. Suddenly the room was flooding with soldiers. There was no way for us to win this. I heard Thalassa call for Z who was suddenly running towards the unconscious Tagan. Thalassa was coming for me Solmina laughing behind her. Thalassa picked me up, and began running with Z carrying Tagan close behind us. I was trying my best not to squirm in pain because I didn’t want to make Thalassa’s job any harder.

“We can’t win, Solmina turned on the other two, and she has more people following her than we had ever anticipated. It was worth a shot, but the king is dead. There’s no one left.” Thalassa stated as she turned a corner with Z right behind us.

“What are we going to do?” Z asked me, swallowing my pain I prepared to answer.

“I think, we need, to accept defeat.” I choked the words out almost in tears at the realization of what I was saying. I was a soldier, I never gave up. If I stayed I would die, and the few people in my life I had left would die next to me. I couldn’t risk them for something this foolhardy. Let Solmina have her prize, even the other planets civilians wanted to overthrow our king. It was time to take up another profession.

“Where are we supposed to go?” Z asked.

“I know a planet, and I know a way off this planet, I always kept a secret getaway spaceship incase something like this happened.” Thalassa explained.

“I’m sorry Thalassa.” I said in a pained voice.

“It’s the smart thing to do.” She responded kindly.

(three years later)

“I’ve got another one!” Z called as he walked over towards the house a large four antlered buck on his shoulders that was common on this planet.

“There is no need to announce yourself every time you come home!” Thalassa yelled at him as she sharpened one of her swords. She now fought with two and was a hired guard for travelers who didn’t feel safe on the roads. Pulling the newly created blade from the furnace I quickly dipped it in water and it hissed in response as steam filled the air. A pair of arms were suddenly wrapped around my body from behind and Tagan was giggling in my ear as he turned visible causing me to jump.

“I have a weapon in my hand and I will use it.” I teasingly threatened as he laughed and let go.

“Do you have the new arrows I asked for ready?” He asked.

“On the wall.” I told him signaling with my head. Tagan worked as the master of the guard keeping the city we lived in save from the rampant and dangerous wildlife and the soldiers that Solmina sent to try and take over this planet, she was having minimal success as the vegetation and animals were what truly ruled this planet with only a handful of cities and lesser villages littered around. Z walked passed the house and my blacksmith shop on his way to the butcher, he was one of the only people brave enough to hunt in the surrounding forest and made good money selling the meat.

We may have lost the war, and we had scars both mental and physical that would likely never fully heal, but we were a family albeit small an odd but still family.

“Mommy, Nathan said that spears are better than swords.” A little girl complained as she ran over to Thalassa.

“Tell him that I’ll show him how swords are better than spears any time he wants.” Thalassa told her adopted daughter.

“And on your way over there take this to Nathan’s father.” I told her as I took a spear off the wall and handed it to her. With a smile and a nod she ran off, glad to help. It might be painful to remember that I gave up on the hopeless war for my home planet, but if I could I would do it all again, because this life was worth all the pain to achieve it.

(I'm sorry)

Woo! So did not see that one coming! ohmy.gif I love the ending hahah! I wonder how did their home planet fare post-war though; did it get conquered by Solmina?

yeah, I meant for Solmina to have taken over once her co-leaders were taken care of. It's why our heroes are living on that isolated planet, to try and avoid Solmina's soldiers.