chee

Make your own character 2

Chapter 6

I was sitting against the wall in the armory holding onto Brent’s training swords. It had been a few days since he died. I spent the entire time since then in a cloud of depression, I didn’t have the will to move or do anything. Tagan and Thalassa often came to keep me company but I hadn’t said a word since the incident. My father seemed to be avoiding me though, as if he couldn’t handle seeing me as anything but the best soldier he had trained, and my mother just made me want to disappear more. We had used my status on the main planet to get an emergency shuttle home, Tagan had to drag me the whole way to the shuttle. The door slammed open and Thalassa came storming in.

“I’ve had enough of this! You’re not the only one who lost him!” She yelled at me as she ripped the swords from my hands cutting them. I looked up at her too lost in my mind to care. “At the least say something you coward!” She continued to scream, I didn’t know why she couldn’t just leave me alone.

“Please.” I started to say slowly but I couldn’t finish the sentence.

“Please? That’s all you have to say to me? Stand up and fight me. Get your butt off the ground and fight me!” She drew her sword tears forming in her eyes. I didn’t want to fight her, I didn’t want to move. She charged me with her sword ready to swing down on me, instinctively I rolled out of the way and grabbed a sword off one of the racks. A stream of water sent me flying through stand of armor and into the wall. I struggled to breath after having my breathe knocked out of me from either the water blast or the wall I wasn’t sure which one. Looking up I saw her charging at me and I sent a stream of fire towards her and she sent a stream of water and they collided in a wall of steam. Her sword appeared through the steam and I quickly rolled out of the way and swung at her which she easily blocked and I kept walking back as she continued to relentlessly swing at me. I blocked each of her attempts to hit me but I knew had to go on the offense soon. I sent a stream of fire at her that she easily avoided but I used the opportunity to dive between the rows of armor and weapons. I used the chance to make a wall of fire in an attempt to keep her from coming for me, she used her water to make a door through my fire. It was at this time that I realized that I hadn’t really been eating since Brent died, and I literally did not have the energy to keep fighting much longer. I raised my sword and ran at her to swing at her body when something grabbed my shirt and threw me to the ground, I looked up to see Thalassa had been thrown to the ground as well.

“Enough.” Tagan said suddenly appearing in between us.

“She started it!” I yelled like a child fighting with her parents.

“At least I got you talk.” Thalassa said as she started to stand up, Tagan walked over and gave me a hand up.

“Was that the whole point?” I asked angrily. Thalassa got an evil smile that quickly faded to pain as she touched her lip where she was bleeding. My ribs felt like they were bruised if not broken and I knew my arm was bleeding.

“It worked pretty good.” She said. I then felt guilty for being so self-centered as to think I was the only one who was mourning.

“I’m sorry.” I told her. She nodded and walked over to me, I couldn’t help the tears in my eyes as I saw the ones in hers, I rested my head on her shoulder and she did the same on mine as we both silently sobbed in each other’s arms.

“How were they able to find us?” Venril shouted as she flipped over a table. Solmina just stood there watching her. Est laughed from his spot in the room.

“You have quite a temper don’t you.” Est said with a slight laugh.

“Don’t mock me.” Venril growled starting to draw her sword.

“I mean no offense.” Est said.

“I’m not sure I trust this new colleague of yours.” Solmina told Venril.

“He’s helped us a lot so far, and he can help us get revenge on those who have wronged us, and we still have a fair amount of our army.” Venril told her.

“What was his name again?” Solmina asked.

“His name is Auger, and he kill those who we cannot.” Venril said simply.

My father had called me to see him. I was feeling much better now that me and Thalassa had talked and cried together.

“Yori I’m assigning another member to your team.” My father said without even looking up.

“Excuse me sir?” I asked very confused.

“His name is Z and he will be the new member of your team.” My father explained.

“You’re replacing Brent already?” I asked offended.

“Don’t question me soldier. Z come in here.” I my father growled at me and then called. A boy with blonde hair and a button up shirt came into the room.

“I am glad to be working with you.” He said with a bright smile. I wanted to be angry at my father, and at Z for taking the place of Brent, but I knew better and I simply bottled up the emotion.

“Welcome to the team.” I said diplomatically.

(Enjoy the new chapter smile.gif wow this is three chapters in a row that came out in a decent amount of time from each other YAY)

Adkjlkj was too late for sign-ups. Still, judging by the characters here a griffon would not be welcome.

Good story anyways smile.gif

Edited by rampaging wyvern

A little extreme method to cope with mourning ;D

New characters for both sides!

Yay, new chapter, I did not see Tagen suddenly being there lol when he broke up the fight. But it did the trick though. And sometimes extreme methods are needed to break someone out of a trance or something. Jolt of reality sort of speak. Seems to have worked well.

Yay new characters biggrin.gif and Tagen's way of breaking up the fight reminded me of a few friends of mine.... I was one of the ones being broken up though I got forced into a wall after I tripped on a chair xd.png Sure taught me and the other friend to not play fight when the third was around. Got us good.

Again though Chee, great chapter. Keep going smile.gif

Chapter 7

“How does your dad expect us to fight and trust our lives to someone we barely know?” Thalassa asked angrily as she swung her sword at a practice dummy cutting its head off.

“You’re too skilled to fight with those!” An instructor called as he saw the head rolling. Thalassa sighed and sheathed her sword.

“He’s the leader of the army, it makes sense to have an elite inner group, and he knows that adding Z to our group will make us uncomfortable but I suppose it is what’s best for the army.” I said while cutting away chunks of wood from a stick I was holding.

“I hate that we can’t say no to Z joining us.” Tagan said from his spot leaning on the wall.

“Hey guys!” Z called as he walked into the room.

“What’s his power anyway?” Thalassa whispered to me. I shrugged in response.

“What are you doing in the training room?” Z asked with a smile.

“Leaving.” Tagan said then walked out. I watched him leave and I wanted to follow him but I didn’t know why. Z seemed offended by Tagans short response but he recovered his smile quickly.

“Anyone up for a fight?” He asked.

“Not now, maybe later.” I told him then followed Tagan.

“Yeah I’ll take you on newbie.” I heard Thalassa say. I smiled to myself knowing that Thalassa was itching to beat the snot out of Z. I turned a corner expecting to see Tagan walking down the hall but it was empty, I stood there confused for a moment.

“You were following me.” Tagan said right next to me, I turned to see him fade out of invisibility.

“I was wondering where you were going.” I told him simply.

“Z is too loud for me, and I hate being ordered to be with him. So I’m going someplace more relaxing.” Tagan explained.

“May I come with you?” I asked. He seemed surprised at the question, and it took a second for him to respond.

“Of course.” He responded with a smile then we started walking with him showing the way.

“Auger are you ready to start the attack?” Venril asked.

“I was born ready to kill all of them.” Auger said with an evil smile, he wore a frightening metal mask that covered his whole face.

“I thought I was in charge of leading the attacks.” Solmina said irritated.

“While you were in charge a group of four people broke in and killed many of us off.” Venril explained.

“What army will we be using? I thought most of our soldiers were captured or dead at this point.” Solmina asked.

“Est has provided us with his army.” Venril told her.

“Yes and I hope my army serves you well.” Est said with a sly smile. Solmina glared at him, she didn’t trust either him or Auger. Venril watched Est closely, she worried about him having a secret motive.

Tagan stopped me from turning a corner, I peeked around to see two guards standing next to a doorway, I could see some trees through it.

“That’s the kings private garden.” I whispered to Tagan.

“Yes I know, you have to stand right in front of me for this to work.” Tagan said as he walked up behind me and wrapped one arm around me while keeping the other hand on my shoulder.

“What are you” I started to asked but he quietly shushed me as we started walking forward. I could hear my heart beating in my ears as we walked up to the guards. No one was allowed inside the secret garden but the king himself. The guards didn’t flinch at all as we walked past them and into the garden, Tagan walked me deeper into the garden before letting go. He was breathing a little heavy, like how I would be after using fire.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Tagan asked as he looked around. The was a water fall trickling water into a stream that went through the whole garden. We were surrounded by all sorts of flowering trees and weeping willows. Tall sunflowers and all other bright flowers grew everywhere, and a small rock garden could be seen on the other side of the stream. I looked back to where we had walked in.

“You cloaked me?” I asked. Tagan nodded and then sat down in the grass, I sat next to him. “I didn’t know you could cloak more than one person.”

“I can cloak many people, it just requires more energy.” He explained.

(YAy new chapter. And I beat Skryim today as well, and saw Avengers for the 7th or 8th time, I've lost count smile.gif Enjoy!)

Edited by chee

Yay a new and awesome chapter smile.gif.

I can just imagin how she felt passing those guards. I'd most likely be thinking "Is he trying to get us caught?" then "They did not move...... wha?" lol.

Who's Auger? ohmy.gif

Seems like Venril doesn't trust Solmina much now...

Auger... Auger... .....why's that sound familiar even when there's no mention I can find of it? Is that a bad thing? .....

but anyway, YAY NEW CHAPTER (um... stupid capslock! I'm excited- not yelling to be mean) and Whoooooooo! Keep going Chee smile.gif

Sharlykng: Venril's not one to trust anyone very much.... or ever really.... so if Solmina feels bad- tell her I said sorry wink.gif

Chapter 8

Tagan and I spent a couple hours in the garden. The garden was inside but it had a glass roof and birds inside that made it seem as though we were outside. As we sat there a peacock started walking over to us, he had very long tail feathers and was very curious. I stood up to stretch after a while.

“Do you come in here a lot?” I asked Tagan.

“Yes I do, especially when I need to get away from everyone.” He admitted. I suddenly heard a noise from the doorway, people where talking and walking in. Tagan jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around me just as the king came into view. I instinctively started to bow but Tagan’s arms kept me from moving. I tried to breathe as quietly as I could, which just drew my attention to how loud I was breathing, I could hear Tagan taking deep breathes in my ear. The king walked closer to where we were standing and Tagan took two slow steps backward making me do the same. The king stopped where we had just been sitting and three people walked up to him, I almost gasped as I realized one of them was my father.

“Are you sure we are alone sire?” One of the men asked.

“Of course, this is my private garden, no is allowed in except me.” The king said in his regal voice.

“Then let’s get to the point. This army that’s trying to overthrow you, they are gaining supporters from the outlining planets. I worry that we will be outnumbered by the time they go through with their final attack.” My father said.

“I thought your daughter was in charge of taking out those in charge of this uprising to cut the head off the snake as it were.” The third man said.

“She attempted to, they proved too powerful for her. And she, along with her three other friends, are the best warriors we have.” My father defended.

“If they came back alive then they weren’t trying hard enough.” The third man growled.

“You wouldn’t be saying that if it was your daughter, and they didn’t all come back alive.” My father quickly growled back.

“And at least his daughter does more than just spend her father’s money like yours.” The first man pitched in.

“Enough gentlemen. All of you have given more than your share to our kingdom, which is why you are part of my private counsel. I was hoping to keep this uprising from becoming widely known, but it appears that I have to accept that this will be a war, and not a simple battle.” The king said calmly.

“Shall I begin making the arrangements sire?” The first man asked.

“Yes, from this moment out we are at war.” The king stated. The four then left.

“It’s time to leave.” Tagan whispered into my ear.

“One of the other planets has agreed to aid us in our little endeavor.” Solmina said happily.

“Good, get their army here as soon as you can.” Venril told her, Solmina nodded and then went off to collect the other army.

“Your army can be large enough to fill a planet and you still won’t stand a chance if you don’t kill off the main fighter.” Auger said seemingly bored with the whole thing.

“That’s what you are here for.” Venril replied.

“I don’t wish to face them all at once, I would rather dispel with them one at a time. But in order to do so we need to draw them out.” Auger stated.

“I think I can help out with that.” Est told them with an evil smile.

“There’s a riot on our neighboring planet. I’m sending you to deal with it.” My father told us.

“We’ll head there right now.” I said, he then dismissed us, I waited for the others to leave and continued to stand there. The whole room looked different, it was battle ready, all none essential items tucked away and spare weapons locked up. The whole city looked different in its battle ready form.

“What is it Yori?” My father asked looking up at me. I wasn’t sure why I had stayed, I just didn’t have a good feeling about this mission, I felt as though I might not come back.

“Nothing father, I just wanted to say that I love you.” I then turned and left. Thalassa was waiting for me outside the door.

“You alright?” She asked walking with me. I nodded.

“How was the fight with Z yesterday?” I asked genuinely curious.

“Good, he is an amazing fighter, still don’t know his power, but he definitely deserves to be fighting with us.” She told me with excitement probably from remembering the fight, if she thought that highly of skills I figured I could trust him.

(I want to keep writing but then I would have such a long chapter, and the chapter are already getting longer. Enjoy smile.gif )

Awesome job once again Chee smile.gif

when the king and his men arrived I know how it can feel needing to be on edge while your trying relax then needing to act as soon as a hint of something happened. Kind of need to do so at home all the time. Heck I would not be here at all if she knew all that went on at this site (yes I know, and I'm 18 as well and she's still that limiting). As a result I'v gotten used to being secretive when I want to and...... they leak into every day life for me a lot as well.

Anyway, good job.

Chapter 9

When we arrived at the planet you could see the damage the riots had caused. Two warriors were waiting for us.

“Thank you for coming so quickly, we were worried that we would have to handle the problem ourselves without help.” One of the warriors stated as we walked over to him. Glass was laying in the street and stores were closed and houses were burning, people could be seen gathering outside the palace walls shouting and throwing things.

“Though I wish they had sent more than just you.” The second warrior stated, and the first elbowed him.

“We are grateful for any support.” The first warrior corrected.

“Don’t worry if we cannot contain the crowd we will send for backup.” I assured them.

“But we are the best and we can handle anything.” Z said enthusiastically.

“I think it’s obvious where the problem is, the riot has been going on for three days, and if they break into the palace we won’t stand a chance of calming them down.” The warrior told us.

“What started the riot?” I asked as we began walking towards the chaos.

“A large group of people convinced everyone that the king was a scumbag and deserved to be overthrown.” The warrior said as he walked next to me.

“That’s odd, from what I’ve known the king here is kind and just.” Thalassa said confused.

“I suppose the people think differently, though this riot is the first we’ve heard of it.” The other warrior said.

“Tagan can you turn invisible and sneak into the middle of that crows just in case things get out of hand, Thalassa and Z I want you surrounding the mob while I go up front and try to calm them.” I told them and they all went to do as I said and I jumped up onto box so that I could see the whole mob at once.

“Be careful they might turn on you.” One of the warriors warned, I nodded my acknowledgment.

“Please people calm yourselves and tell me what grieves you.” I called out over the mob, the chatter quieted a little and some turned to look at me.

“The king must be overthrown he has wronged us.” Someone called and others nodded in agreement.

“What has he done to wrong you?” I asked. The people glanced at each other as if they were unsure as to why they were doing this.

“Who are you to say that we have not been wronged? You aren’t from this planet. I say we silence her and all these other puppets of the king.” A man in the crowd called, and several people sent up cheers of agreement and then so did the rest of the group. They then turned and started attacking us. I saw Tagan turn visible in the middle of the crowd and start fighting them. I jumped down off the box and drew my sword.

“There’s well over 300 here we can’t hope to stop them.” The warrior told me.

“There’s a group within the group that is causing this, they are instigating the others.” I told him and then the mob was upon us.

“We need to capture one of the four.” Est told his soldiers near him and they ran out to capture one of them. Est and his group of people were the ones starting, and continuing the riot, and everyone was playing right into their hands.

Est saw Thalassa fighting on the outskirts of the mob, and he could hear Tagan fighting in the middle of the mob. “Which one will you come running faster to defend?” Est asked no one in particular. He saw Thalassa shoot a stream of water, he then turned and saw Tagan phase in and out of visibility. “I think the girl will be easier to keep held captive.” He said to himself then went to engage Thalassa.

“Remember me?” Est asked as he locked swords with Thalassa, her eyes widened and anger filled them as she remembered him killing Brent. Est sent electricity through his swords towards Thalassa, Thalassa quickly disengaged to save herself from being electrocuted. Est stood there spinning his swords that had electricity sparking off them, Thalassa sent a stream of water towards Est, Est stood his ground an evil smile on his face. The water hit him hard and sent him flying a few feet back, but a current of electricity had traveled through the water stream and shocked Thalassa, she was laying on the ground unconscious, Est walked over to her. “Don’t you know that water and electricity don’t play well?” He asked her unconscious body with a mocking laughter. He then picked her up and ran off with her.

“I’ve had enough of this.” I growled throwing my current enemy to the ground. Z was fighting next to me.

“I think I can help you out, hang on.” Z said as he took off his outer shirt and blue wings sprouted from his back, he then picked me up and flew me over the crowd. “Now to get their attention and then to say something profound.” Z laughed. I sent up a large and bright stream of fire from my hands.

“Enough!” I called and the fighting slowly stopped and everyone stared. “You will stop fighting, you are gentle people who I have always known to prefer peace over violence. Now end this stupid riot and calm yourselves to talk peacefully with your king about what bothers you.” I called out over them. They all slowly one by one lowered their weapons. We spent the next several hours treating wounds and talking with the people, whom now that they were calmed seemed to not know why they were so angry to begin with.

“I think it’s time for us to return.” Tagan said standing next to me.

“I think so too, were has Thalassa gotten off to?” I asked, for I had assumed that Tagan knew where she was.

“I don’t know I haven’t seen her since before the fight, I thought you had sent her somewhere.” Tagan said worry creeping into his voice. I ran over to Z.

“Have you seen Thalassa?” I asked worriedly. Z shook his head.

“I haven’t seen her since before the fight.” He told me. I looked back and glanced over the streets, she was gone.

(Your guys comments make me feel like a movie star wub.gif Enjoy the new chapter! smile.gif )

Oooooh yay!! biggrin.gif missing person time smile.gif (I'm probably the only one happy for that...) Can't wait to see what happens next. Keep doing great Chee smile.gif

Not the only one, DH. xd.png Missing person always spices the story nicely.

Yay new chapter smile.gif

And lol, your chapters are wonderful Chee. In a way you are with your fans.

Chapter 10

“Father we need to start a rescue group. Who knows what is being done to her.” I yelled at my father who didn’t seem to be anywhere near as worried as he should be.

“We don’t even know who took her. In the chaos of the fight you started you not only lost whoever was behind this uprising but one of your soldiers. Be glad that you didn’t lose more.” He angrily yelled back from where he was standing next to his desk.

“I will find her with or without you.” I responded.

“I forbid you from searching for her. You’ll only get yourself and anyone stupid enough to join you killed. Even better I order you not to go soldier.” My father growled at me. I stood up straighter at what he said. If I disobeyed him now it wouldn’t just be a daughter going against her father, but a mutiny between a soldier and a commanding officer.

“Do you have any other orders for me?” I asked through my teeth trying to calm down.

“That is all for now.” He told me and I gladly turned and stormed out, I tried to slam the door behind me but something got in the way. Tagan phased into sight obviously in pain from me slamming the door on him, he gently closed the door and stood next to me.

“And now the reason why I hate being in the military, having to obey stupid orders.” Tagan said.

“I don’t plan on obeying that order.” I replied then started walking to the armory. A wide smile came on Tagan’s face.

“Good, I will join you.” He said following me. When we reached the Armory Z was waiting for us.

“We saving her?” He asked simply.

“If you’re willing to join our little mutiny.” I replied while grabbing some knives off a table.

“You couldn’t win without me.” He said cheerfully while grabbing weapons of his own.

“I wouldn’t bet on that.” Tagan whispered under his breath. I attached my sword to my belt, and grabbed another one as well, I also equipped myself with many throwing knives and a couple smoke bombs. Tagan was taking as many arrows as he could carry, and any throwing knives that I hadn’t already taken. Z was covered in small swords. I grabbed another bag of arrows so that Tagan could have more when he ran out.

“Alright boys, we won’t be coming back anytime soon, and I’m sure my father will have guards set up to keep us from leaving the planet. We each need a small bag of supplies, and any money we can find. Then a plan of how to get off this rock would be useful.” I announced.

“I’ll pack the bags for the three of us.” Z announced.

“I’m sure I could get us past the guards.” Tagan said sounding excited about breaking the rules.

“And I think I’ll allow my father to pay for our little expedition. We’ll meet in three hours at landing dock J.” I told them and we all ran off to our separate jobs. I waited outside the door until my father got called elsewhere, I then snuck into his officer and broke into his desk. There was enough money to last the three of us four months, I stashed it all into my pocket. I felt bad stealing from my father, and I left a note telling him I would pay it back, if I lived. I headed over to the dock, I was still an hour early, Tagan was waiting there. Two guards stood in front of a small shuttle.

“I’ve been watching them figuring out how observant they are, this will be easy.” Tagan explained with a mischievous smile. Z showed up shortly after and tossed us our bags.

“No reason to wait.” Z said. I nodded in agreement then looked to Tagan. Tagan held our arms and we slowly walked up to the small empty ship. We easily snuck on. I took the drivers spot and Tagan took the copilot, Z stood next to the door so he could close it. I started the engine and quickly took off hearing the shouts of the guards as Z closed the door and we headed to space.

(sorry this took so long. I hope you guys enjoy it smile.gif I will be heading back to college soon, I can't believe summer is almost over already)

Yay new chapter. And I can't wait to see how things will turn out.

Though if father knows daughter well enough, me thinks he'll have other things in place in case something like that ever happened.... but that's onely really if faher knows daughter well.

I could not help but smile when they decided to screw orders and go rescue anyway. It shows loyalty to the group. Something a group of fighters need to be able to stay together.