Aussiemum

Keeping users interested in DC

I would play even if the forums fell over dead. You DO get to pick up useful info here, sure, but still - breeding and catching are fun anyway. I played for a while before I joined the forums... and several of my mates still do.

Haven't read thru all the pages (I'm going to head out the door soon) but I have an idea.

If you have enough dragons on your scroll, you can have something like a sub-scroll with dragons of your choice on it. Kind of like another page but that is sorted separate from the regular scroll. biggrin.gif I'd love to put all my guardians and/or royal blues on their own dedicated page. I have 401 adult guardians and 109 adult royal blues and still breeding/collecting more. It would help me juggle them by having them on a separate sort of scroll, hence a sub-scroll.

I didn't read all 10 pages either, but that's not going to stop me from chiming in.

DC is a pretty fun game, and it's enhanced by the forums greatly. I can see why some people never choose to get involved, to each their own. What I will say for the DC forum is that it's gotta be the friendliest place on the internet. Seriously. It's not the same game to me anymore without the trade threads, and I have the most fun when I glomp random people with nice eggs.

That's my reward now, having a big scroll with nice dragons on it. I get to breed them for other people. Feeling down? Gift a gold to someone with no metallics. I pure, straight love that feeling. I also get some really nice gifts. Someone kind saw me complaining about a lack of metallics and I get a random PM offering the beautiful shiny I've got incubatin' now.

But, if I wasn't a forum member, I'd rarely get any sort of ...bonuses. Even if I don't get an item (like a breedable dragon) it would be nice to get a new badge each year, or unlock an extra hatchie spot, some sort of acknowledgement of how long I've been helping to keep DC running with my click-revenue (or whatever).

Just my $.02.

Edited by MindsEye

I am closing in on 2,000 dragons, will hit that within a couple weeks. I like the idea of getting a "dragon of choice" as a reward for hitting "x amount" of dragons. Maybe every 1,000 dragons you collect, you can choose an egg of choice. Or whatever the number. I hit my gold trophy a long time ago, so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal anymore. laugh.gif

I'm not bored yet, I still enjoy the site, but I can see the incentives being something to strive for.

You should get some kind of reward for sticking around; however, getting any current dragons for free is out of the question, and doesn't seem to be TJ's style anyway. I thought earning a custom code would be a great idea though, as that is artificial value and a doesn't hurt or affect others that much.

Hm. Interesting. I'd suggest making breeding more successful would keep the lineage projects working. I'd prefer if commons could be bred more than produced for the cave. Biomes are awesome but there seems to be a lot more unwanted CB commons. Same egg with your very own special lineage (or not so your very own) would help keep things going.

Also. A warning by email before your dragons would use their names. I know at least one person who lost his names and then he decided it was not worth him to come back. He didn't have his nicely named dragons to come back to.

From the list in the first post:

~Trophies for 1000 dragons and beyond. - it would be very nice!

~Extra egg slots or a breeding slot. <- TJ nixed extra egg slots already - dunno, if someone is not interested in playing DC, they won't even use 4 egg slots, not 7.....

~A new, breedable, dragon for specified number of dragons on a scroll, say 1000, 2000, etc., or for players who have been around for a specified length of time. - I thought that was on the do not suggest list?

~New biome - an inner cave, with new dragons and/or recolors/new poses of existing dragons, only accessed by people who have x amount of dragons on their scroll or have been here for a set number of years, whichever comes first. - would be nice. Innercave-born dragons, however, should not be tradeable. Their offsprings yes.

~Choosing a CB dragon e.g. holly, alt black, for reaching x amount of dragons or a specific scroll age, whichever comes first. - again, I think that was on the not to suggest list. It might have changed, I haven't checked on it for a long while.

~More frequent releases - I'm not sure whether it's a good idea.

~A book of spells, unlocking ones as we reach certain goals - awesome!

Hm. Interesting. I'd suggest making breeding more successful would keep the lineage projects working. I'd prefer if commons could be bred more than produced for the cave. Biomes are awesome but there seems to be a lot more unwanted CB commons. Same egg with your very own special lineage (or not so your very own) would help keep things going.

Also. A warning by email before your dragons would use their names. I know at least one person who lost his names and then he decided it was not worth him to come back. He didn't have his nicely named dragons to come back to.

From the list in the first post:

~Trophies for 1000 dragons and beyond. - it would be very nice!

~Extra egg slots or a breeding slot. <- TJ nixed extra egg slots already - dunno, if someone is not interested in playing DC, they won't even use 4 egg slots, not 7.....

~A new, breedable, dragon for specified number of dragons on a scroll, say 1000, 2000, etc., or for players who have been around for a specified length of time. - I thought that was on the do not suggest list?

~New biome - an inner cave, with new dragons and/or recolors/new poses of existing dragons, only accessed by people who have x amount of dragons on their scroll or have been here for a set number of years, whichever comes first. - would be nice. Innercave-born dragons, however, should not be tradeable. Their offsprings yes.

~Choosing a CB dragon e.g. holly, alt black, for reaching x amount of dragons or a specific scroll age, whichever comes first. - again, I think that was on the not to suggest list. It might have changed, I haven't checked on it for a long while.

~More frequent releases - I'm not sure whether it's a good idea.

~A book of spells, unlocking ones as we reach certain goals - awesome!

None of those will be implemented because of the way they are set up. I would prefer NON-dragon rewards. This whole post rubs me the wrong way. I don't want to see ridiculous rewards for those who 'played longer', or 'have x amount of dragons'. A new scroll goal to reach, say 1000 dragons would be great, but other than that, just no. It should be connected to the dragons you have in some way, not the amount, or boimes you can unlock or whatever. It cheapens the whole experience and will whack out ratios. And what do you need a cb holly for in the middle of summer, besides inbred lineage projects? o.0

edit; I'm not stating this with any emotion attached other than wonderment and confusion. I'm not mad, please don't assume that. 8p

edit2; typos, yay!

Edited by Ashes The Second

How would a new biome with dragons that are not found in any of the other biomes whack out the ratios? If there are recolors in it they'd be blockers, so being tied to the ratios would be a good thing.

I really like the idea of the "inner cave" biomes and the book of spells. They sound like they would add a lot of fun.

Added trophies would be cool too, but I don't think we need more egg slots with them.

The problem with the "book of spells" that I still have is that I can't fathom what it would do. Enhance breeding chances (usable once per week)? Allow you to breed a pair despite an earlier refusal (usable once per week)? Increase the chance for a BSA to work right (biting, earthquake hatching eggs instead of killing them, influencing going right, summon actually working...)? Nothing much at all? Just looking pretty?

You should get some kind of reward for sticking around; however, getting any current dragons for free is out of the question, and doesn't seem to be TJ's style anyway. I thought earning a custom code would be a great idea though, as that is artificial value and a doesn't hurt or affect others that much.

That with a custom code is not a bad idea, For every year you spend in Dragon Cave you wuld get a rendom egg depending on the rarity with tj in code, ofcourse you wuld get a blocker for being on for only one year and for being on for 10 years you culd get silver, gold or holly with tj in the code. neglected, GON, frils, zombie, vampire and old pinks wuld not be posible as rewards due to the fact how you can obtain them or the fact that you no longer can catch them.

Just thinking. Isn't the summon function, in a way, a reward? For having all trio dragons, which isn't an easy goal to reach.

The function might be intended as a reward, but for the time being, it's more of an annoyance than anything else because it rarely ever works, and there are people who have been summoning regularly for over two years who still don't have a single GoN.

The function might be intended as a reward, but for the time being, it's more of an annoyance than anything else because it rarely ever works, and there are people who have been summoning regularly for over two years who still don't have a single GoN.

What she said. If that is a REWARD, let's please not have any more rewards, EVER ! xd.png

Lol. I don't have a GoN either. Yet it is a rare dragon that you only get if you have "something". smile.gif At least, you cannot get it otherwise.

Edited by Darth Krande

I'd enjoy the new trophy levels and a naturally-occurring CB dragon of your choice on your "scroll birthday" or whatever. I'm not a masochist who enjoys how hard it is to obtain certain breeds-- nor do I enjoy the misery of others who cannot get them-- and if it gives me something to look forward to on DC then I'm all for it. Outside of new releases/holidays, there really is nothing to be excited about.

Custom codes for your scroll-day would be interesting as an alternative, but I can't imagine that excitement lasting for more than a day. It's like winning a cake-walk and getting stuck with the fruitcake. You're happy that you won and feel special for the rest of the night, but then you get home and realize how lame fruitcake is and that nobody will care you won the next morning.

I just wanted to point this out: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124274

I've already said I'm going to implement this,

:3

I just wanted to point this out: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124274

I've already said I'm going to implement this,

:3

Yes I know he said about the warning, and that's a good idea - but what I REAAAAAAALLY want to see is a note on the scroll after the event too, so that when people go back there - having maybe changed their email, or something, and not read the warning - they can SEE why their names are gone - and we'd see an end to the endless threads in help asking where....

I like this idea a lot. it doesn't exclude some people like other sites that have pay for perks kind of thing which is why I love this site so much and this idea furthers that. However I think that the x amount of dragons to be earned should be higher since it would be far to easy for people to get to that amount, in my opinion. So instead of having a new breedable for every x amount of dragons instead start slow and implement the new poses or alt coloration for the more common dragons and I like the new idea of them being in a new cave. As for the new dragon I'd say if you reach for example 5000 dragons in total then a new egg may appear in the new cave for said person who reached the total and the purpose of such a high number "in total" so as to not over burden the artists.

I'm not sure what you mean by being a burden on the artists. There are an absolute ton of dragons waiting for release that all that needs to be done is TJ coding it into the cave. And if you're referring to recolors and the like that takes maybe 10 minutes at most, most likely 5. I'm not sure new poses would be likely, since a lot of the artists of the dragons in the cave aren't around any more, and you'd want the same people to do the new work since otherwise the style won't match.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'd really rather used didn't have to collect thousands of dragons to get a special breed or other game-play important perk. Some people like to have a tidy scroll with 2-3 of each breed on it and not hoard anything. I think it would be very unfair to punish those people while rewarding the members who have hoarded 300 CB Golds.

That being said, if the perk didn't affect gameplay I wouldn't really mind. For instance, more trophies for higher numbers of dragons or access to new skins for the site wouldn't really bother me. Or if the perk could be gotten without having to destroy whatever your system of raising dragons is.