9pmg5665

Fallout: Aftermath

Playing, not Flaying.  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They both listened intently as Connor spoke, and then Sylvia stepped up to take the paper map with a smile. "Thank you so much! Are you sure you don't want it?" She looked down at the map and opened it, quickly scanning over it. "Wait, did you say something about a Vault? I've always wanted to see one of them." Patrick stepped up and looked down at the map, then over at Connor.

(Just trying to speed things up and I'm busy at the moment...)

" I thought you said that you were hungry and tired?" Connor said sarcastically. " Either way, the trip is for BoS only. Mercs included. You have the looks of a soldier. You haven't attacked on site, and your not wearing power armor." Connor bent his eyebrow over his eye and judged them intently. " Your NCR or private army. No ones rich enough for that so you have to be NCR." Connor thought about the map and the trip again, and the fact that the caravan was a main supply to the vault and probably a main supply one. " The caravan may be a permanent trade route. Technically I was promoted for the job, as an award, though it's not official. So... if one of you can convince Victor about coming along, or get a recommendation from our 'veteran guard' James, then both of you could come along. Or you could stay here, and get a walk-through from somebody around the city."

Patrick frowned at the sarcastic tone, and simply watched as Connor studied the both of them. He looked from Connor to Victor, then back at the city walls before finally smiling again. "Well as much as I'd love to sit around, nothing would get done except spend caps and get headaches. But NCR?" He asked, laughing softly. "You could say that. So how would I get to come along anyway? I can handle myself in a fight and my friend here knows a thing or two about security. That is, how to get around it." He chuckled to himself again and then reached around for his bag. He took it off and opened it up to rummage through it for valuables. "And if this is a trading caravan, who do I trade with?"

As Patrick talked with the BoS soldiers, Sylvia walked over to James to see about getting a recommendation. She approached him cautiously, staring at the BoS soldiers in their armor with their weapons. "Umm hello, are you James? The veteran guard?" She gave him a shy smile and then looked down at his dog. She backed up instinctively when the dog looked at her and she shied away. "Connor said that I could talk to you about coming along on your trip to the vault? I have helpful skills and something useful in my bag, I'm sure."

((Guys I think we may have forgotten about SDrake and ShadowBlade))

By now Victor had lost all interest in the conversation. He was distracted with a nearby dead Enclave soldier. Sitting next to the corpse Victor began to rummage around in its pack. He piled its contents in neat piles by whether is was food, documents. Then again Victor wasn't paying attention to that either. He was bored and wondering when the caravan would start moving out. HE didn't hear them mention his name and pulled out a blue print to keep himself occupied.

((I'm waiting for Astro to post currently. When he does, we shall continue with or without the Shadows. As said in bonus "This RP needs to survive like a drug leech on Charlie Sheens lungs. There-for, I will make a character or temp a character into tending to the Shadows.))

The caravan was departing soon, and James hopped up on it; while holstering his rifle. It ended up falling to the ground. Luckily the safety was on so the precious rounds weren't wasted. The mercenary hopped off the caravan, picked up the rifle, and hopped back on; this time waiting until he was safely on the vehicle before attempting to holster his weapon. He might not be so lucky next time. Sparking a conversation with Connor, James said, "Vault 44(/55)? I've heard bad rumors 'bout that place. Some new breed of super mutant or something. It might just be crock, but we should keep alert anyways."

((9, I'm thinking of the BoS being attacked by a camp of Super Mutants & Ghouls. You up for it?))

(( I was just typing when my computer decided to delete all of what I just did. I'll post soon.))

" Then that would be a yes then." Connor said to the only female with them. " The caravan should be taking off in about 15 minutes. Get ready then get on the caravan for the trip to the new vault." Connor left to go to the caravan that was just outside of the area.

Connor got onto a Brahmin and pulled out his plasma rifle. From what he could tell, the caravan wasn't going to hit trouble that couldn't be fought off. The Paladins were getting set up and found a hummer a while ago. That was coming along, which made Connor scared of what forces were going to stop the caravan or try to stop it.

Meanwhile, at the base...

The other guards had taken the Enclave PoWs away from the Paladin, while some others started to play poker with each other pas the time.

Victor lifted himself onto the Hummer. He kicked his feet off the side as he waited for the Caravan to start. Though his mask rendered his expression blank, his gaze lingered on the new girl. He pulled out his new 10mm pistol and reloaded it. He did the same to his flamer, attaching the new canister with a twist.

Tapping the window Victor asked the driver if they were ready to go yet. "Just about we're just waiting for the paladins to give the signal."

"Alright. I hope they give it soon I'm bored." He pulled out a book. The title said something about citadels but he found nothing except a record of a great tank battle from somewhere between Nasis and Soveits. It was an interesting read though.

Both Pat and Sylvia got onto the hummer, waiting for the caravan to start on the journey. They were both hot and tired so finally being able to sit down was amazing, but what they really needed was sleep. Hopefully there would be enough time on the trip to sleep for a bit, but they were more worried about getting caps than relaxing. With a sigh, Pat took off his metal helmet and inspected it for any needed repairs. He always made sure his armor and weapons were in at least some kind of good condition, since there wasn't always a way to repair them on the road. He rubbed at some ash marks, and noticed there were a few new dents and scratches.

Sylvia looked around at the other people in the caravan and slowly started to swing her legs off the edge of the hummer. She was obviously bored and with nothing to do, she decided to see what the others were doing. She watched Victor as he reloaded his guns and then read the book about citadels. She leaned over and tried to look at the page, but couldn't get a good view of it. "Whatcha reading?" She asked, smiling over at him.

"Watcha Reading?"

"Ack!" Victor started when the new girl spoke up. But a look at her smile blanked him out for a bit. "What was the question?... Oh never mind I remember." Victor stuttered as he gathered his thoughts. "It has something to do with tank battles. As far as I can tell it's called Citadel. It keeps making references to rather obscure tank models, T-34's and Marks 3 thru 6. It seems to be an old battle between the Russians and possibly a group from Germany who called themselves the Nazis. I hope I'm not boring you."

Victor looked at her again. Try as he might he could not come up with her name. "Say what is your name? Mine's Victor, Victor Kirlov."

Sylvia laughed at Victor's response, but listened intently to what he had to say. She did ask him a question, so she didn't want to offend him by not listening to what he told her. "No, not at all. That's interesting, I always wondered about the old world and what went on before the war and all of...well...this." She said, looking out across the desolate wastes. She looked back at him when she told her his name and smiled again. "Nice to meet you Victor, my name's Sylvia. So what's it like being part of this?" She motioned towards all of the BoS soldiers, the caravan, and the base itself.

(Short post, just trying to keep this alive. We should get this show on the road soon)

"Sylvia," Victor mused. "A beautiful name for a beautiful person. Anyway, there is not much to say about this place."

Victor thought back over the years he had been with the Brotherhood. "I used to be one of their knights. They would have made me a Paladin but I'm not exactly the leader type. So they did the next best thing and made me the Head Decryption Scribe." Victor laughed. "I'm sorry that doesn't quite answer your question does it? Hmm, whats it like. Well I guess you could say its OK. Three meals a day and enough water to get through the day. Mostly, though, its training with a Paladin breathing down your neck. I don't have to worry about that since they consider my work to important to be interrupted. It's safe here with only the occasional raid by the Enclave."

Victor pulled out his canteen and gulped down some water. He wiped the neck of it and offered it to Sylvia.

"So who was that other guy you arrived with? Was he your brother?"

" HEY!" Connor yelled. " Time to move. It's about 4 hours till nightfall and 8 total to get there." Connor decided to leave his own Brahmin and went to a hummer. It was just a regular with no gun except for a .50 cal in the right window. He took that up and started aiming while the hummer mover to the front. It's driver wasn't exactly good with it so that caused many skid marks on the ground. It started along the rode fast, then slow, ran over a few cacti, and drove up beside the Brahmin that started to move.

"Hmm, sounds good enough. I might try it out one day if I like what we do at the vault." She said, taking the canteen and sipping the water out quickly. She drank for a bit and then lowered the canteen, wiping her mouth on her sleeve. "Thanks for the drink by the way, we've been low on water for the past couple of days. And who, Pat? You could say that." She said, looking over at him for a bit and then out towards the wastes, getting lost in her own thoughts as the caravan started on it's way. She listened to what Connor yelled to them and nodded her head while looking back to Victor. "I can't wait until nightfall, I could really use a good night's sleep."

"It's my pleasure to be of service to you," Said Victor. "I must admit admit you do look tired out. Close your eyes and try to rest. We may have to travel through the night."

Victor pulled out a pair of binoculars to scan the surrounding wastes. He sighed and put away the binoculars. "Too bad these trips are so boring. The only excitement is if we are attacked. I haven't ever seen a vault before in my life. Have you?"

The caravan made a move on. The caravans before were mostly unharmed, 'cept for a few bolts on jeeps. Having been on a few before, he had 'experience.' While the caravan moved along, Connor changed into his own Brotherhood armor. The brand new ones lined with soft mesh and better metal then most.

Hours had gone by without trouble. Hours more would go by without trouble. Connor thought about that before barely dozing off. Connor started to hear movement coming from something. His helmet started beeping and a little slider came down from his helmet. The NCR really knew how to work, well everything. The slider shot back up and fell asleep completely. The slider came back down and it was in earshot now. Rapid mini-guns started to shoot at the jeep in back. It was barely harmed but hadno weapon. A lazer started to shoot from it's window. The jeep Connor was in slided to the side and the gun on the top started shooting at the super mutants that had inhabited the cliff.

((I would now but I was wanting to give the others a chance to post.))

(( Go ahead. In the meantime, to get an OOC page, do I post " Hey, I want an OOC in others for my RP."?))

((Just post one in the Unapproved sction. Include in it a link to this one and inform one of the approvers. It should go right through.))

(( If nobody is going to post, I'll have an event come up that won't be to your liking. ( Evil laugh.)))

((hold on just let me get a post ready and up.))

Victor pushed Sylvia down . He leaned across her and opened fire with his pistol. A mutant fell, its face hit by not less than five shots. Victor hit three others before reloading the pistol. He shook Sylvia by the shoulder.

“Get to cover.” he said yelling over the gun fire. He snapped off a few shots before jumping off the hummer and moving into the ruins. Positioning himself beneath the cliff face Victor unleashed a gout of flame straight up. The mutants howled in pain and the gun fire slackened.

“I need a demolitions expert at my location,” yelled Victor into the radio. When the soldier arrived Victor directed him on where to put the charges. Charges set Victor and the soldier head back for the cover of the convoy. “Fire in the hole!”

A large chunk of the cliff exploded and collapsed. Two super mutants went down in the rubble. Victor snapped off a few more shots before ducking back to reload.

Edited by Nasa13