TheDragonJames

The Scary Games

I can't do it! I can't deal with scary games. Even watching other people play them in let's plays and stuff, I just freak myself out. :P I'm such a wimp when it comes to suspense and jump scares and stuff. Actually playing one myself is just out of the question. :lol: I sometimes even scare myself playing Minecraft when something unexpected appears behind me. I'm that level of cowardly when it comes to games. :P Total, total, total wimp. 

I think the first "scary game" that I played was S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call Of Pripyat, but it was because I played it at an age when I was very scared of everything, the truth, and I did not expect the chimeras to jump in my face, or that the controllers would put a scremer as an attack ...

I was very scared, and the environment of the game did not help   T-T

Edited by Draco_Darkness

Until Dawn was pretty creepy. Made me twitchy to play it by myself haha. And then of course the makers of that game had to go make a VR headset scary game called the Inpatient....

...guess what I bought LOL. 

I can't even finish it. My gf was playing it first and I was watching her from the couch. Something popped out at us, she shrieked and flung off the headset, and I screamed and fell off the couch. So then I grabbed the headset and tried to play it hahaha. After twenty minutes I couldn't do it anymore. I think it's definitely a game I'll need to have friends over for nearby so they can laugh at me and I don't feel so scared. 

Can't believe I forgot to mention this before, but my favorite scary games are the Outlast series. They're really creepy! The atmosphere is really great, and the enemies tend to be pretty interesting characters. The games are also really disgusting/disturbing, and I'm not sure if that's good or not. :rolleyes: It helps make them scarier, though.

Out of games I've merely watched my best friend play (because I myself am a total scaredy cat) Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame III: The Tormented are by far the scariest.

When it comes to games I myself have played, Bloodborne and Subnautica are both just the right amount of creepy because of their atmosphere and environments. Subnautica's creepiness isn't that bad for people who are comfortable with deep sea stuff though.

Fran Bow anyone? The intro sequence already shows two dismembered bodies and throughout the game there’s a lot of messed up things. Very gorey. 

I played a game Nancy drew the ghost in the hotel  freek my soul out as a child I almost couldn’t go to sleep that night lol,but as I saw more fringing game and movie it just makes me on edge but not scared when I was a child I saw Jurassic park movie the older one it didn’t freek me out lol maybe because it was not real because dinosaurs are long gone.

Imagine playing scary games on vr is more thrilling Than on computer is more scary that way.

Edited by RosellaRose

I'm a huuuuge fan of horror content, so when a good scary game comes out I get really excited. Currently the Outlast franchise has been my top fav.  A couple Resident Evil games here and there are good, Silent Hill as a concept, and SOMA are in my top choices. I'm *always* up to discuss horror games, lol!