TheDragonJames

The Scary Games

What do you guys think some SCARY games are? And tell me your experience with them! I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the first time I played, I was scared ----less! The second time I played, I was pretty brave, and only peed my pants a little bit in the prison =D So, tell me your experience with Amnesia or other scary games.

Uh...definitly any Resident Evil game. I havn't played them...I can't even look at those screenshots. I hate horrors in any form.

Oh my goodness! I played Amnesia too. I quit after I died down in storage. I opened the door to the room with the monster in it, and I tried to hide crouched behind a barrel but I forgot my lantern was on. AND then I tried to run away (still crouched), and that creepy thing ate me. It was quite a hilarious moment, despite how creepy that game is. I wouldn't advise playing it in the dark, and with a really good headset.

Aside from that, I've also played the FEAR games, and I think they are pretty scary, and Bioshock and the Half-Life games have some startling moments too.

There is a game...It's scary as hell...I cant even bother to download it because the youtube videos of someone playing it...

Its called Slender...

You can download it if you search it on google...Its free.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica played on TV after midnight, with headset on, in total darknes, and ofcourse forcefeedback on PS2 joypad, I`m not someone that gets scared easy, but those were some intense times for my heart as you dont know what is lurking around the next corner, and vibrations on joypad did not make it easyer for me.

Amnesia has never scared me, really. o-o Idk why

I tend to avoid scary games, really. All I can think of is Slender, but that only had me scared for a day and then I got over it...

Silent Hill games, definitely. Stuff like Resident Evil doesn't scare me, but someone's personal demons becoming literal is a pretty terrifying idea. I don't like playing them alone or at night because they have such a sad and unsettling atmosphere.

I have Resident Evil 5. biggrin.gif

I once watched a Let's Play of Cry of Fear. I fell in love with the game, even though I'm far too scared and paranoid to actually play it myself. xd.png

I didn't play the game, but I did watch the walkthrough, endings, and deaths of Clock Tower: First Fear on Youtube and thought it was a scary game.

^^^^^^^^^

YEs the Jumpscares are creepy, but the whole environment itself and the fan-made backstories just straight up freak me out.

Daylight creeped the heck out of me, even if the game itself was very flawed. It was the first time in many years that I've been nervous about going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, because of that game. I had to play some The Evil Within after to calm down and I slept like a baby for the rest of the night.

As for The Evil Within, if you're scared of gore, zombies, and you like Resident Evil and shooting stuff up, then TEW is the game for you. Altogether, TEW is actually good as a game, but personally I don't consider TEW a scary game, as it's much more an" Action-With-A-****load-Of-Gore" type of game. I'm not scared of excessive blood and guts. I never understood the appeal of zombies when the craze appeared many years ago, and by now I'm just royally sick of zombies altogether. Combine this with the fact that my relationship to shooting-focused action games is lukewarm at best, The Evil Within just doesn't do anything for me.

Little Nightmares is pretty good. Just finished the second DLC a couple of days ago. 

I go old school:

- Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (PS1; No.3 is not that scary) - Wonderful game, best music, horror/RPG/shooter in one, those gross transformations of ordinary animals/people made me throw up....but it is worth it.

- The Note (PS1) - FirstPerson Puzzle/Horror game...yes, FirstPerson, even with eye blinking, its hard, its spooky, the controlls were meh but seeing my time running out to safe children from certain death made me play it. Horror & Creepy Timelimits are my nightmare

- Dino Crisis 1 & 2 (PS1) - I.HATE.THAT.RAPTOR.JUMPING.INTO.THE.CORRIDOR.LIKE.THE.DOG.OF.RESIDENT EVIL 1.!!! & the damn T-Rex instakilling me (that game made me pay my parents to replace the PS1 controller i threw at a wall and destroyed it)

doki doki literature club, while not necessarily a complete horror game, was pretty jarring and messed up. 

monstrum was strange but i could barely watch a kubz scouts playthrough of it without scrolling to the comments a few times per 5 minutes. really creepy idk oof powerlevel but i hate getting chased

there are some others ack i forget them

Consider playing any Clocktower games folks. Particularly Haunting Ground (though it certain is not a game for the light of heart of young of age due to it's more adult themes) and unlike in your resident evil games, you can't really protect yourself in Haunting Ground. 

My friends and I love screensharing SCP: Containment Breach. It's not as scary as some games, but its interesting and can be pretty darn scary when an SCP decides to chase after you!