Isirion

The Bloodline of Torch

That man Isirion, he was bare of any emotion or at least it seemed so. Alzira was torn between sorrow about Orion's death and fury about the manner that that man presented the corpse of her friend. She was strained, she had seen too many deaths today, all she wanted to do was go home and weep for her friend but that wasn't possible yet. She had seen the Egghunter's apprentice in action and feared his skill and ruthlessness. Although she had to admit that due to this they were still alive. She didn't know what to do and Isirion was standing right in front of her and expecting that she would be his errand boy. Something snapped:" How dare you ask me such a thing after you bring us our killed friend? Show some respect for the dead or at least for their grieving friends!" She blew her nose, and only now she realized what she had done. She still glared at Isirion, knowing that he had saved their lives, but she had just felt so used that she couldn't have stopped it. "I know you have saved us today and for that I am grateful. But I'm not sorry for yelling at you, you just don't bring people their deceased and expect them to do your bidding, you just don't," she added and Sappo feeling her agitation spat an almost blue ball of fire at Isirion.

Edited by Alzira

Alzira's sudden verbal attack caught Isirion off guard and he froze in his tracks. He had been fully prepared for detailed questions about the hunter's death but certainly not for getting yelled at for bringing back the body and politely asking for important information to be relayed. While trying to figure out how to react he failed to notice in time that the illuminating flame coming from the Misfit Pygmy on the greenhaired lady's shoulder had turned into a fireball aimed at his face. The fireball lightened every detail of the Black Dragon skin Isirion's hood and cloak was made off; then it hit. Under the hood, normally unfeeling, ice-cold eyes reflected the light in an abnormal dead purple colour and Isirion snapped. Not even counting the invisible net, he had now been surprise-attacked for the third time that day thus his temper flared out of control and he grabbed for the Pygmy responsible to break every bone in it's body...However before his fingers could close around Sappo's neck the bear-like figure of the Guardian slammed into him, pinned him on the ground and shouted furious with anger: "I WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT YOU TAKE ANOTHER INNOCENT LIVE TODAY! The hunter may have been a liar and a fool but he wasn't in league with those thugs and thieves. Neither is any of us. That Pygmy just wants to protect it's keeper. After what happened on my island recently I now understand that better than ever!"

Getting surprise-attacked for a forth time in a row because he had given in to his weakness and let his temper take control without even considering his surroundings made Isirion that furious at himself he regained his senses almost immediately after hitting the ground. Grinding his teeth he mustered his strength and with quite an effort pushed the Guardian off him. The strain caused the shallow wounds on his sword-arm caused by Drake's claw to reopen but he didn't care and jumped back to his feet at once. Then he drew his bloodstained blade in one fluent motion and checked his surroundings with a quick glance for even more surprises. Finding none he let the point of his blade wander between Alzira, Sappo and the Guardian before he informed them in his ice-cold voice seething with menace: "I killed those thugs and thieves not to save your lives but to defend my own and I will certainly not hesitate to kill again in self-defense."

Edited by Isirion

Being shocked seemed to become Alzira's second nature, although getting angry seemed to get quite popular too. She was threatened again and perceiving the menace in Isirions voice made her tremble in fear but at the same time she was furious. How did he dare to threaten one of her dragons! "What threat can a mere painter and a little Misfit dragon pose to you?" she hissed. In the meantime Susurro had come closer to Alzira, keeping a weary eye on the man. The White Dragon was a peaceful one, however seeing his keeper getting threatened not once but twice this day put even him on edge. His flame was getting hotter while he was towering behind Alzira. Sappo was sitting on her shoulder again, still fuming and glancing madly at the hooded figure.

Edited by Alzira

With neither Alzira nor Sappo not even peaceful Susurro backing down the Guardian gripped his evisceration knife firmer and stood with them. In the now seemingly unavoidable battle he would not hesitate to use his body as a shield to give the green-haired lady the time to escape on her dragon but something didn't add up. Instead of attacking Isirion made a sound somewhere between a deathrattle and a growl. It took the Guardian a few moments to realize that that sound was a laugh. The reason Isirion didn't attack and even laughed at them was because he simply didn't feel threatened at all. Having seen him fight and even stand his ground against the gigantic Hooktalon the Guardian was not surprised. In a real fight you don't give your opponent a warning, you just kill them. But if this was not a real fight what was it then?

The answer to that unspoken question Isirion willingly revealed after sheathing his blade. He assumed a more relaxed and less threatening stance then he said: "I acknowledge the strength of your determination but if this was a real fight you would be dead. The painter-lady got taken hostage because she had no experience actually using the knife she was reaching for in hand-to-hand-combat. The Guardian on the other hand clearly has experience wielding his evisceration knife but let the opponent easily bluff him into dropping it. The Pygmy has shown good judgement and attacked at once but afterwards wasted it's potential fighting power by only guarding it's keeper's shoulder. Lastly, the White Dragon shares that same weakness of being overly concerned for it's owner with my master's Royal Blue. Those dragons chose to stay with their owner's to protect them in case any of the thugs got too close instead of using their superior fire-power to make sure there weren't any thugs that could get close. Even in the feeble star-light you must have seen that the thugs weren't wearing dragon skin that could protect them from the flames. As you know my master is blind but you have no excuse for failing to notice and exploit this weakness."

Edited by Isirion

Alzira was speechless. This man Isirion had such a different view of the world and life itself than she. How could she respond to that? She knew she was no fighter and possibly would never be one, but this man's life seemed to circle around how to kill and how to do so first. She understood that in a war this was essential for survival but there was no war here! "I'm still grateful for my life, but nevertheless life isn't just about killing and getting killed! We are not at war here" And then she remembered:"It was you! You talked to the hidden men and then they charged! So what have you done to them in the first place?"

Edited by Alzira

Something between a smile and a snarl crept on Isirion's face as he answered: "A while ago I slaughtered one of their extortion gangs on my master's orders. Speaking of orders, I am still under orders to chase Fingers, so do excuse me." With these words he retreated back into the darkness of the forest and vanished.

The moment he was out of sight, the Guardian lowered his head an mumbled: "I am ashamed to admit it, but he clearly had a point. I was part of a dragon regiment and I didn't even think about using all those dragons we had on our side. Like he said, Sodger is blind and I let my old captain down because I failed to relay the situation on the battlefield to him. He wouldn't have hesitated to give the order if he had known from the start how vastly outnumbered we have been. Falling for the bluff of the thieves guild master is inexcusable as well. Why didn't I realize that he wouldn't kill his only hostage and only used her to buy time for his reinforcements to arrive?" Suddenly a hiss from approximately ankle-height interrupted him. Then Dreena, who had jumped 'ship' before the Guardian had slammed into Isirion, made her voice as eerie as possible and proclaimed: "Death doesn't hesitate to take a life, only humans do." Her voice made the Guardian almost jump in surprise before he said to Alzira: "I really need to think more about what happened today and I am going back to my island to do so. You should go back to your tavern too, just to be safe."

Alzira agreed and told Susurro:"Let's head back and tell the others. Nevertheless I should tell Sodger about Isirion's request and ask his permission to bury Orion near his hut. Unfortunately we can't take him back to the tavern. The kids and Candy would be devastated and with his dragon not around we lack the capability." She picked up Orion's weapons and put it in the saddlebags. Then she instructed the White Dragon about the place she intended as Orion's resting place. After that she moved towards the old soldier's hut to fulfill her remaining task.

Edited by Alzira

The hut was empty since Sodger and Aseto were still out searching for 'Wallet' and as leaving a written note for a blind man seemed rather pointless, Alzira's only option if she wished to relay Isirion's message, was to wait for the old soldier's return and do it in person. After a while Susurro's grave digging became the only sound in the forest and the realization crept in that the gigantic Hooktalon Valerian and Alsia had been fighting couldn't be heard either. Had they killed each other? Or had the Hooktalon won and flown off to return to his master? It couldn't have been the other way round or the Hellfire and the Ice Dragon would have been back by now or at least given a signal.

An answer to that, or at least part of an answer came from the Guardian who returned, just as Orion's grave was finished. With a grim face he told them: "My Sunrise Dragon that should have waited for me vanished and as I searched for it I stumbled upon the corpse of the Hooktalon and the Hellfire. It looks like they died at each others throats after a long and fierce battle, but oddly there was no sign of the Ice Dragon. As I am stranded here, I will wait for Sodger and explain everything to him. And if his apprentice manages to return with Fingers you would not want to be around and watch when we make him spill everything he knows about Eye's whereabouts. Eyes is the nickname the Gatherer had in our old regiment. Damned shame there are so few of us left and if that accursed Thieves guild has done anything to him, Sodger, Ale and I will be the only ones left..."

In the mean-time at the Sleeping Dragon tavern

After making the biggest possible detour as to not run into the 'ghost' again, Jaxon, Whiny, Telia and Tonitrua arrived back at the tavern only to be greeted by a shaking and weeping mountain. Candy cuddled each of them, then she cuddled them some more and said: "I am so glad you are safe...but where are all the others? It is way past midnight but the only one to be in his room is the exorcist. The dragon stables are empty except for little Emeraldan, Orion is gone, Alzira is gone, Henna is gone. Their dragons are all gone too. Oh I hope the ghost didn't get them...I am too worried to go to sleep so how about a little past-midnight-snack while we wait for their safe return?" Jaxon's and Whiny's face brightened up simultaneously like a birthday-candle and the children chanted: "Sugar Drake Cake! Dragon Tooth Candy! Wyvern Honey Surprise!" Candy shooed them all into her kitchen and started cooking at once.

Edited by Isirion

That last remark triggered Alzira's memory. In general she remembered some of the odd remarks that had been made about the regiment by Ale and the Guardian. She remembered Isirion's manner and her own comment on his warlike behaviour. There had to be something in common, that's why she asked: "Please tell me about your old regiment. Ale still seems to remember your battles, and Isirion acts like he is in a war as well. Maybe it's nothing but there is a connection somewhere..." The last part was barely audible because of a big yawn that escaped her. She really was tired. It had been a long and upsetting day and she longed for the bed at the Inn. Even Sappo was snoring on her shoulder, although that was no big indicator, he did that kind of thing all the time. Nevertheless she wanted to know the story behind the Royal Blues and so she looked expectantly at the Guardian.

Edited by Alzira

Even though he had been the one to bring up the topic, the Guardian now seemed reluctant to talk about his old regiment. The grim expression on his face intensified and he growled: "This is neither the time nor the place to speak about the battles of the Royal Blues. Too much blood has been spilled tonight to remember the time even more blood has been shed. In a war there is no murder, only victory or defeat. Isirion seems to have learned this simple truth from experience although I can't fathom how this came to be. Even his fighting skills look like he has honed them in real death-battles although he couldn't have been older than four or five at the time of the Dragon War. There hasn't been another war since our regiment won the Dragon War. That is all that matters. That is why we fought. That is all you need to know." With these harsh words the Guardian dismissed Alzira and the green-haired lady, having no reason left to stay, climbed onto Susurros back after picking up Dreena and flew back to the Sleeping Dragon tavern...

At the tavern

Candy had finished preparing a way-past-midnight-snack for her children and the dragons and served it on a few mismatched plates that hadn't been stolen by any ghost yet. She watched her children eat in the flickering light of the cooking fire and candles and suddenly noticed something strange. The Ochredrake Telia was cheerfully devouring the meat-pies she had prepared for the dragons, but the Thunder hatchie hadn't taken one bite. Instead he was looking at the flames as if being devoured by them...

Edited by Isirion

As Tonitrua stared into the flames, time seemed to slow. His vision turned black until it reflected once more on a memory pushed into the back of his mind...

"Forget it!" Tonitrua screamed. "I'm not going!" The tiny hatchling worked himself into a hot fury, throwing small bolts of lightning at anything that bothered him. "Tonitrua, you must not miss this!" the Ice dragon spoke gently but with an underlined tone of annoyance. "But I'm NOT GOING TO GO!" the dragon shrieked. "Faercrag, can you help me with this? Please?" Arctic Queen called exasperatedly to the Magma. "Certainly!" murmured Faercrag in a voice as rough as rocks. He sauntered over to where Tonitrua ran, yelling up a storm, literally. "Tonitrua" Faercrag called in a hoarse whisper. "NO" Tonitrua bellowed, and shot a bolt of lightning directly at the Magma dragon's chest.

"Oh, you really shouldn't have done that" growled Faercrag and his eyes flashed an angry red. Tonitrua's rage quickly subsided into fear as the dragon he had attempted to electrocute lashed his tail menacingly and stepped closer to the writhing and wiggling hatchling...

With a snap, Tonitrua was jolted back into reality, panting hard. "A-A-Alzira c-c-c-could n-not g-get here s-s-sooner.." he whispered, trembling against his seat, staring at his untouched meat pie as if it were going to kill him.

Now that Telia had reduced the mountain of meat-pies to a mere hill she could see that something was bothering her friend again. She rubbed her snout to his side trying to comfort him and said half-curious half-concerned: "Did you see something like in the forest? Did something happen to Alzira? What did you see?" As Tonitrua didn't answer immediately, Telia nudged over some meat-pies to him and said: "No need to hurry. You are safe now. Grab a meat-pie they are delicious!"

Candy smiled as the Ochredrake praised her pies but there was one thing she wanted confirmed more than the taste of her food. She waltzed closer to Telia and asked her with a sweet innocent voice: "That poor dragon looks so frightened. You have to tell me if anything dangerous happened in the forest. I need to know if it is safe for my poor little children." One of the poor little children, Jaxon, started to cough warningly, not wanting to be grounded in the tavern for safety reasons until he was old enough to grow a beard, but Whiny whined immediately: "There was a ghost there and it burned a tree and a chicken. I think it burned Feathershriek too." Jaxon's head sunk almost into his meat-pies in despair but rejoiced as his over-concerned mother misunderstood. She hugged her daughter and said: "You poor little thing. You saw the forest fire and got frightened. I only heard about it but to see it up close must have been horrible. Come here my sweetie. And you too you poor little dragon. It's alright you can tell me everything!" And with these words Candy tried to pull the Thunder hatchie into her loving embrace...

At first, Tonitrua struggled weakly against Candy, but eventually gave in to her warm arms and shuffled forward.

The thunder hatchie was torn. Should I tell them about my dreams? I don't think that would have any effect on her view of the forest. I already knew there was something wrong in my head.

Tonitrua sighed and launched into the tale of the dream in great detail...

From the horrid vision's beginning to end. Everywhere from the top of the mountain, to bloodcurtling shriek of his friend, the ice dragon, to running down the cliffside.

Tonitrua finished describing his vision and stepped back. "I-I-I'm sorry, I wasn't seeing most of it." He looked around, trying to see if anyone could take over for him.

Edited by EmmaD333

It didn't seem that Candy listened to the actual words, she just made sure the kept flowing out of the Thunder hatchling's mouth. Afterwards she gently force-fed him a meat-pie and cooed: "There, there little dragon...bad memories out...good food in...works even for my husband...alas he is more into good drink..."

Jaxon sniggered at this, his courage embolstered by the fact that his mum hadn't mentioned the dreaded words 'stay' and 'indoors' and 'safety'. His sister had listened intently and with her best inherited honey-sweet voice asked: "That poor little dragon has no-one in the world anymore..." On cue big tears appeared in her mother's eyes and Whiny continued innocently: "So...can I keep him?" The tears disappeared and Candy spoke with her best honey-sweet voice that somehow managed to contain the possibility of meatballs with hidden sharp objects: "Oh...such an important decision that poor little dragon can't possibly make now. It is horribly late and we are all exhausted. We should talk it over after a good nights sleep. Shouldn't we?" Candy's eyes bore into the eyes of everyone present like a bee stinger daring them to object. The stare caused the dragons to flee to the stables and the children to bed even leaving behind the delicious meat-pies - and a rather bewildered Alzira.

Edited by Isirion

If even the dragons had fled, Alzira couldn't prevail, could she? She wished Candy a goodnight and demonstrated her peaceful retreat with a rather big yawn. The green-haired lady didn't need to pretend her exhaustion, she had almost fallen asleep at the table like Sappo. She picked up the Pygmy, who slumbered already curled up next to one of the bigger meat pies and stumbled to her room where she finally could enjoy some sleep.

Edited by Alzira

In the mean-time at Wallet's mansion:

In the back-yard of the mansion Wallet, Wallet's servant and Fingers had finished loading everything that hadn't been nailed down on five different dragons. The weary Sunrise Dragon who was so far out of her comfort-time-zone got the lightest load containing only blankets, bedrolls and a few provisions. The servant disguised with a false mustache and wearing the guild master's clothes would act as a decoy if necessary. His own dragon, a Red was packed with a lot more provisions and a lot of important documents it should burn in case something happened. Riding him was Fingers because the ex-thief had insisted it was the only dragon he could hold on with one hand. The real reason was probably that he felt the safest on the dragon with the highest fire-power of the group. Wallet's dragon was a Harvest dragon. It was as fat and greedy as his owner sharing a life-time of opportunities harvested to the fullest with him. In it's saddle-bags were plenty of food and water-skins along with a lot of coins stored. It clinked almost as loud as Drake's Royal Blue Taellon who had been loaded with weapons. Along with it's fully armed and armored rider it hopefully looked dangerous enough to disencourage air-bandits mused the ex-master of the thieves guild. He was wearing simple traveller's clothes and rode a swift Grey dragon whose saddlebags were stuffed with some special documents, a few weapons and provisions. On himself he had carefully hidden a jewel and gem bag and a lot of knives. He used the only visible knife to get rid of his tell-tale mustache, then as the moon was fully hidden behind a cloud bank, he said: "Onwards and southwards to the big city! Every second we linger here unnecessarily puts us in even more danger!"

Edited by Isirion

Taellonn was trying not to cause too much of a commotion with his near constant fidgeting. He was downright terrified of what may lie ahead, yet Drake had somehow convinced him to come and carry what he thought to be a ridiculous amount of weapons. Drake had been relatively quiet for a while, which wasn't any reassurance for Taellonn. But Drake was actually planning out what she'd do next, and was fairly confident when she decided to speak up. "I think it would be safest," she began, speaking to the entire group, "If I flew above everyone else. Me and my dragon could more easily look for dangers that way." Drake began to consider what would actually happen when they landed. She wasn't exactly sure if they'd be recognized, but she wanted to be sure that nothing hindered the journey. She spoke up again, "And it may also be better if each of us used an alias."

Drake's plan was sound and got quickly approved by the group and merely a minute later they were all up in the air. Half of the minute was due to the time it took to convince Fingers that Hands wasn't the smartest alias to pick. Finally he went with Finn, the servant with Steve, Wallet called himself Walt, the ex-guild master picked Jack as his new name and re-named Drake into Jill.

Flying in the formation Drake...Jill...had suggested, the group made great progress. Between the natural cloud-cover and the excellent night-vision of her Royal Blue they stayed clear of everything even remotely ressembling a dragon. Soon the, at least for Taellonn's eyes, lush-green southern forest thinned out and gave way for the aptly nicknamed 'Endless Desert'. After flying for about an hour, Jack commanded his dragon to ascend and fly next to Jill. He pointed to the slightly less dark horizon and said: "We have two options. Either we speed up so we reach the big city in the morning and avoid being boiled in the midday heat or we fly slower and recover our strength. The first option brings the risk of not noticing air bandits until it is too late, the other could give possible pursuers who have guessed our destination the time to catch up with us before we can go underground. You have proven yourself by saving me against all odds so I value your opinion as high as my own. How shall we proceed from here on?"

Drake, or 'Jill,' rather, was broken out of her frustration by the question. Between knowing they might encounter air bandits and riding an unsteady and timid dragon that would offer little to no help in any situation that challenged the group, she was lacking comfort in any options, presented or not. The lack of any signs of air bandits, pursuers, or really anything so far seemed to be a good sign, though (except to Taellonn, whose nervous mind took it as a bad omen.) 'Jill' responded after thinking it through and said, "I say we slow down. I can direct my dragon to fly around the group, so that he can notice anything coming up behind us or really anywhere near us."

Jack approved of Jill's caution and passed the new formation on to his allies. After that he grabbed something to eat from his saddlebags and enjoyed the peace and quiet that he knew couldn't last forever. Steve and Walt followed his example and after some fidgeting Finn too.

There were air-bandits around but after seeing the heavily armed warrior who was constantly on-guard made them look for easier targets as Jack had hoped. One such seemingly easier target was only a dot over the forest at the moment, but becoming bigger by the hour. Finally the air-bandit scout could identify the new target as a single old man riding a Royal Blue dragon and signaled this information to his comrades with a series of whistles that could be heard very faintly by Drake and her dragon too...

At approximately the same time at Isirion's hide-out

Half a dozen Hellfire eggs that were predestined to be the new inhabitants of the freshly cleaned ungendered hatchie pit bathed in the light of the surrounding torches that burned a pure red. It was the same light the torches in the hide-out changed to after the cave-curfew. Through the egg-shells this light felt warm and stimulating, as if it were the incubating breath of a Red Dragon. One unborn dragon in particular enjoyed the strange light that played tricks on the inside of it's shell but it also knew it was not yet the right time to hatch.

Edited by Isirion

The whistles caused Drake to quickly guide Taellonn to stop and fly in place to look for the air bandits. Taellonn noticed a pursuer before she did, and, consequently, let out a small squeal, knowing he'd probably be told to fly over to them. Drake bent down so that her face was closer to Taellonn's and quietly said, "Obviously you know where the target is, so you're going to fly us over there to attack."

Taellonn instead decided to continue his circular flight pattern, saying equally as quietly, "No! I understand how much you loathe the bandits, but that is an issue for another time! This could ruin your entire plan!"

Drake was nearly ready to force Taellonn to fly to the bandits, but she decided to only interfere if she knew for sure that the dragon was endangered. She instead decided to announce to the others that a pursuer was spotted. "There's someone behind us. But I believe the bandits have gotten to them and seem to be discouraged from attacking us, so there shouldn't be an issue. I'm ready to defend if necessary."

After straining his eyes Jack still couldn't see the pursuer but he knew better than to doubt the night-vision of a Royal Blue Dragon. If the person who was riding one said there was a pursuer then there was one. Jack thanked Jill for the information and growled: "Let's hope they kill each other. The chances aren't bad since that patch of desert is the turf of the Sunstone-Bandits at day; and it is almost day. You know they swoop down on their namesakes and club their victims unconcious before they ransom the humans and sell the dragons off to some underground-arena in the big city. Still better than being caught by the Black-Bandits of the night. The last thing you see is the bright green glow of their dragons' eyes then you are dead and they sell your valuables and your dragon's scales off to some collector". At that point Walt who had heard the last part coughed warningly and Jack changed the topic again and said: "There is no harm in flying faster for a while just to be sure we do not get caught up in the fight. Don't you think so too, Jill?"

A familiar gut-punch feeling, though less prominent than before, hit Drake at the question. She didn't want to speed up, how would she know if the dragon was in distress? But she was left with no excuses. "Oh, we can't do that, because I actually care about the dragon that the pursuer is riding." Yeah, like that'll work, she thought. But she saw no strategical advantage in staying at this pace. She held back a sigh and strongly hoped and nearly prayed that the pursuer's dragon would be safe. Maybe it'd flee, or be released. With an accidental voice crack, Drake responded, "I agree, spe-eding up seems to be in our best interest."

The group now raced towards the ever-brightening horizon so fast that Steve lost his false moustache. It was as if the rising sun had awakened the Sunrise Dragon he was riding into giving it's all for a rider it didn't even know. Steve was oddly ashamed by this thinking how this poor dragon had been stolen and forced into service by...Jack. He slowly patted the dragon's shoulder and said: "I am sorry we made you fly at night. Do you have a name - I want to thank you for carrying me!" Despite rushing through the air the dragon heard him and said in a matter-of-fact voice: "Sunny is my name and I am a free dragon. The place your master made me fly from at night reeked of death. I flew for my own live as well as his. Now I am flying towards a place I have only heard of and want to see with my own eyes - you just happen to be going the same direction." Steve needed a minute to digest the peculiar answer the dragon had given him, then he said earnestly: "Thank you anyway, Sunny!"

Walt was talking with his dragon too. The well-fed fence patted the equally well-fed Harvest Dragon and said: "Good boy, Loot. I knew this speed is nothing for you. Remember the time we had to clear that town in a hurry after Sparky accidently set fire to the place we wanted to rob!" Loot growled in response: "And whose fault was that really? Who asked the Red Dragon to make a little light so he could see better which items were worth stealing?" Walt snorted and patted his dragon affectionately then he said with a little chuckle: "I totally forgot that part...thanks for reminding me buddy." Finn who was riding the Red Dragon felt obliged to say something too and so he said: "Sparky, if anything catches up to us I certainly won't complain if you light it up!"

Jack listened to the different conversations with a distant look in his eyes. His thoughts went back to Cloak & Dagger wondering what fate had befallen his Hooktalon. The gigantic dragon could sure look after itself but why hadn't they seen neither hook nor talon of him. He couldn't have perished, could he? Cloak & Dagger was as cool-headed as a dragon could be, but nevertheless that Hellfire he had fought against had managed to get under his skin...

In the mean-time in the Sunstone-Bandit turf

Six pairs of eyes watched the Royal Blue carrying the old man beating it's wings faster and faster after it had noticed their efforts to surround it from all sides. Aseto knew they were outnumbered so he released his steam-breath to provide a cover to break free but the bandits quickly gained on them again. Sodger despite being blind noticed what was going on and said: "We will face the foe and stand proudly true." "That is the honour of the Royal Blue, I know! But you can't face half a dozen foes at the same time", Aseto replied testily. His master ignored him and drew his old sword and screamed: "Come here you filthy cowards. I will show you there is still fight left in this old man!"

Edited by Isirion

Drake's eyes kept shifting back to the attack area, before she reluctantly accepted that there was no going back. Not right now, at least. Or anytime soon, really. "So," Taellonn quietly began, "What exactly is your plan? After you get all the information and such, that is?" Drake silently thought for a while before quietly replying, "Rallying up some supporters to take all this down. I've got a few already in mind, and-"

Taellonn cut her off, saying "And how exactly are you supposed to contact them? They aren't just going to come through some sort of supernatural senses." Drake replied, "I could always get some pygmies to deliver a message... I doubt they'd turn down a bribe. That'd require one of us to hunt though, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna have to be you. If that fails, I could try some other dragon. Might not be as easy, but I could make it work." Taellonn considered the plan and accepted it. It was at least better than him delivering such a message; that would force him to leave Drake alone.

Both noticed that they were coming very close to the big city. Drake began to think about what would happen upon reaching the mansion- the mansion containing that horrid mosaic. Taellonn winced a bit as Drake's grip on his back tightened in anger (though he didn't wince in pain, but rather in fear of what Drake's pent up anger may lead up to.) Drake began to realize that she honestly had no idea what to do in the city. This was all still new to her. Steadying her voice to the best of her ability, Drake asked the group, "When we land, what's the exact plan? I just stay back and... Well, guard, correct? Ensure that there's no further issues?"

Edited by Drakessis