Isirion

The Bloodline of Torch

Hellfire Chimera's eyes went wide when she had heard the admittance of loosing on purpose......she stepped towards the wall of the cave, trying to blend in with the darkness until Isirion took his leave.

Chimera's mind went back to the arena.........and even before.....Belia had never shown much interest in Torch........and Chimera had fully intended to die in the arena, she didn't understand why Belia had taken the blow.........but now she did, and it hurt her even more to know the damage she has caused Belia........and now possibly her life........

Edited by WinterWhisperz

Chimera's thoughts were interrupted by another scream full of pain and another emotion she could not quite place until she heard Belia's astonished voice: "W-why are you tending to my wounds?" Not quite trusting her ears, Chimera decided to spy into the cave to see with her own eyes what was going on.

On the inside she saw the massive bulk of Belia's body lying at one side showing her belly-wound. Right beside it was indeed Isirion cleaning out the wound with a piece of cloth that smelled like it was soaked in alcohol. In his reach were his bloodstained blade, a pile of neatly cut bandages, a bowl with fresh water and a small wine cask labeled 'Property of the Sleeping Dragon Tavern'. At the moment Isirion seemed to be intoxicated by his work and possibly by the pain he was causing Belia everytime he touched her wound with the alcohol-soaked cloth while cleaning it.

Edited by Isirion

Chimera crept a little closer and silently sank to the ground, watching curiously as Isirion treated Belia. this was not the Isirion she knew.....the one who killed hatchlings and dragons alike.......she tilted her head as she waited for his answer.

Isirion did not seem in a hurry to answer the question, instead he picked up the bandages and wrapped them around the belly-wound he had finished cleaning. Unknowingly imitating Chimera who watched from the outside he tilted his head and critically inspected his work. After a few seconds he frowned, quickly rearranged some of the bandages and tied them together more tightly. Now he seemed to be pleased with his work because he did not touch the bandages again.

Instead he picked up his bloodstained blade, sheathed it and finally answered the question with an amused tone in his ice-cold voice: "I am tending to your wounds because you would die if I don't. Even if you can't produce children anymore you are still useful to me. If you stay alive Hellfire Asura will train herself to get even stronger to be able to fight you on even ground and Hellfire Chimera will do the same because she has the fighting spirit of a true warrior. She will not be content with a victory she only achieved because you chose to loose to save her life."

Edited by Isirion

Chimera's jaw dropped when she heard this......wasnt Isirion the same cold blooded killer that she had seen in her nightmares? The same person who promised her death if she did not win her next fight?......And now here he was, caring for Belia like she was important to him........

Edited by WinterWhisperz

Judging from the expressions on Belia's face, she first seemed to have shared Chimera's thoughts, but now she looked like Isirion's answer had hurted her even more than the belly-wound. Belia groaned and then she growled full of bitterness: "As you tended to my wounds for a little moment I thought you may have something like a heart after all, but you only keep me alive so you can throw me in the pit again! I am nothing more to you than a thing you can use to test the strength of Asura and Chimera on!?"

"Yes", was Isirion's ice-cold answer and in his ice-cold eyes was not even a spark of pity or regret as he gave it.

Edited by Isirion

Chimera held the growl in her throat as she stepped away, she opened her wings and flew back to Torch's Cave, comforted to find him still sleeping where he'd been when she left. She curled up to him, closer than before, and closed her eyes once again.

Torch seemed to shiver less in his unpleasant dreams now that Chimera was lying so close to him. His breath eased as his sleeping mind began to wander from his terrifying past to a possible future with Hellfire Chimera sharing a beautiful dream with her. Sadly, this beautiful dream ended way too soon as from the past the bloodstained blade of Isirion stabbed right through it, murdering his beloved and then his childhood companions again and again and again...

The lower caves in Isirion's hideout

Sleeping on the bare stone floor, sharing what little space there was at night and fighting for food at day with the other hatchlings to not starve to death; it was the only life the hatchlings in the lower caves knew, but there was one among them who was not content with it. The hatchling called 'R' longed for another life, a life in freedom that did not make it have nightmares almost every night, nightmares like the one it had now...

Edited by Isirion

R had a dream that made her awaken with a start. She inhaled sharply at what she just saw, and something in her expected to be safe in a warm nest. But in her waking mind she knew she was anything but safe, tormented with nightmares and thoughts. She stood still for a second, then sat up. Hatchlings were breathing softly around her, some were dreaming uneasily and tossing around.

"R... Hellfire Rallis."

She repeated her desired name to herself whenever she had the chance, making sure she never forgot it. R knew she would have to be in the Hellfire Games to have a chance of escaping, or even having more freedom. She wondered what it was like to have a family, other beings to care for you and to love you. But as far as she knew, that was only a distant dream. Restlessness made her get up and go for a sleepless walk around the caves, so she started to go out.

Edited by rainpeltstar

As 'R' carefully crept over the sleeping bodies of the other hatchlings and made her first step out of the cave at night-time she got the disturbing feeling that she was being watched. 'R' looked around alarmed, but could not see anything or anybody watching her. A bit anxious 'R' tried to take another step away from the cave, but instantly the disturbing feeling of being watched grew stronger. Still a bit shaken from her nightmare 'R' decided not to take a risk and went back into the cave. The moment she was back inside the disturbing feeling of being watched disappeared only to be replaced by the disturbing feeling of just having narrowly escaped death.

Edited by Isirion

'R' decided to go to sleep, she would need her strength to fight for food against the other hatchlings. She looked around her, taking in the sight of the dragons she may have to defeat to survive. Her stomach growled slightly and she whimpered a bit, the sensation of almost dying was sickening enough without the darkness that was everywhere in the caves. As she fell asleep an uneasy calm came over her, a feeling that would go away the minute she woke up.

In the morning 'R' and the other hatchlings awoke to the smell of food, if you could really call the few skinny chickens that were thrown alive into the feeding area food. The hatchlings dashed as fast as the could outside and crawled over the fence into the feeding area. Like every day there were a lot less chickens than hatchlings in order to make them fight. Not like every day, today there was a really fat and delicious looking chicken among the skinny ones too. 'R' instantly knew what that meant: Today Isirion was going to watch the food fight from somewhere and, in order to make this fight as brutal and fierce as possible, he had thrown in the 'extra motivation'.

Edited by Isirion

R instantly went for the plump chicken as soon as she saw it, and spyed others dashing for it as well. The other hatchlings tackled one another and wrestled in the dirt fiercely. R's mouth began to water and as the fighting hatchlings' backs were turned, she lept for the chicken and tried to kill it when suddenly she was slammed to the ground by a bigger, stronger dragon. She wriggled around, but the weight of the hatchling kept her down. She had an idea and went limp as if she was unconscious, waiting to see what would happen. R noticed that she was no longer pinned down and that the other hatchling was turning away from her. She screeched and scratched at him furiously with the claws on her wings, as revenge for making her lose the fat chicken. As it jumped away she once again lunged for the chicken and bit it on the neck swiftly, killing it.

Edited by rainpeltstar

As soon as the mouthwatering fat chicken was taken down by 'R' the other hatchlings banded together to take it from her. A dozen hungry mouths snapped at the appetizing chicken ripping it to shreds nearly in an instant, leaving 'R' only with the feathers as a sad compensation for her effort. 'R' had to decide quickly: Should she go after a skinny chicken to satiate her hunger or should she go after the other hatchlings in order to satiate her thirst for revenge?

Edited by Isirion

R roared in fury and attacked the nearest hatchling she could find, it was obviously younger and weaker than her but she was driven by the scent of meat in the air, so she snatched away the piece of meat it was attempting to guard and gobbled it up whole. The hatchling had a sad look in its eyes that made R instantly feel shameful and petty. Guilt crashed over her like a wave, but she had no choice but to turn away and find more food. She saw a dragon guarding its kill, but it was more focused on battling the other dragons than the skinny chicken so she picked it up and ran away. As R was running to the corner of the feeding area, she slowed down to eat the scrawny meal that was the chicken she stole. She looked around with a savage, hungry look that was the opposite of the real R.

'R' let her forcefully savage gaze dart around the feeding area and to her utter surprise the other hatchlings suddenly cringed in fear and fled as far as possible away from her. As soon as she heard footsteps behind her, 'R' realized that it had not been her who had scared away the other hatchlings, but Isirion. Quietly he went past 'R' and picked up the hatchling 'R' had stolen her first piece of meat from with one hand, with the other hand he picked up the big and strong hatchling that had first intercepted 'R's attempt to kill the fat chicken, but had then been successfully tricked by her.

Isirion held the hatchlings firmly at the scruff of their necks and showed them to 'R', then he said with his ice-cold voice: "You have won against the weak and you lost against the strong but in the end you made the kill. This tells me that you do not only fight with your body but with your mind too. In the middle of the battle you were able to assess the situation and make the right decision. So even if you did loose your kill, I am giving you a chance: Tell me which of the hatchlings I am holding I am going to kill and why!"

Edited by Isirion

R paused for a moment, and looked at the two hatchlings.

"If it was my desicion, I would pick the strong one, because it made me lose my prey when I was about to finish it. The weak one would never be able to harm me, so it's no use killing it. But I'm guessing you're going to kill the weak one, because it lost its food while the stronger one attempted to steal my prey."

She answered, glaring at the big hatchling. However strong it was, it looked terrified out of its mind. Though she would never bring herself to kill it, she could have eaten that big plump chicken if it wasn't for him. R was a fairly peaceful dragon, but she also liked revenge and the feeling that it brought with it. Inside she felt bad for the young hatchling, its life had just begun and it was being killed for weakness, something that it had no control over. If she could she would rescue all of the dragons from the iron grip of Isirion, but R knew that was probably impossible considering her chances of actually doing that.

Edited by rainpeltstar

Isirion listened quietly to 'R's answer while in his hands both of the hatchling squealed and trembled out of fear and maybe anticipation of their fate. After 'R' had finished her reasoning he threw the weak hatchling into the air, drew his bloodstained blade and beheaded it in mid-air. His ice-cold eyes looked emotionlessly at the body, then at 'R' and he stated ice-coldly: "You are right, that I am killing this one because it is weak, but you are wrong if you believe that I would spare the other one because it is stronger. A strong body is useless if it is controlled by a weak mind that let's it be tricked not only once but twice." With this words he threw the other hatchling even higher in the air, beheaded it too and sheathed his blade again with one fluently movement. He glanced at the other hatchlings that seemed to be frozen in fear and said to them: "Be glad that there are now two of you less to fight for food against", he paused then he added: "well three of you less, because I am taking the clever one here with me." Thus saying this he grabbed 'R' and vanished with her on the spot.

The intermediary caves in Isirion's hideout

'R' found herself reappearing in a cave, that lay approximatly 20 feet above the lower caves. A clean straw matress that looked like it was stolen out of some sort of stable covered a good part of the stony floor. Near the matress stood a plate loaded with fat chickens that all had their neck broken. Not one other hatchling was in sight and so probably the first time in her life the food was all 'R's.

Edited by Isirion

R gaped at all the food, for once it seemed like she would be full for a good long while. She looked around, wondering for a moment if this was a trick. Cautiously creeping forward, she sniffed at the plate of chicken. It seemed to be real, so she took a bite out of one chicken. Her eyes widened at her luck and began devouring the chicken without a second thought. When she was done and her mind quickened she tilted her head, pondering about her fate.

"Could I...?"

R muttered to herself, staring at the entrance to the cave. After a few more seconds of thought, she decided against trying to go out. If she was caught, she put her life on the line. Immediately she thought of the poor hatchlings whose death she had caused, their fear-stricken faces imprinted in her memory for possibly the rest of her life.

What have I done?

"What have you done?", echoed an angry sounding voice 'R' thoughts. Making a spectacular entrance engulfed in her own blue flames another female had landed in the entrance. Now the newcomer arched her back like a cat and asked again, souding even more like a cat because she was hissing: "What have you done? That was my food! And what are you doing here anyway? This is my cave!"

Edited by Isirion

R was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the dragon. She opened her mouth to speak, but she was a bit confused. Had Isirion placed her here by mistake?

"Erm, who are you?"

She growled, a bit miffed. R's thoughts of having a cave to herself was trampled on.

Well there goes escaping.

Edited by rainpeltstar

The other female changed her aggressive stance from one moment to the other. She let herself fall on her hindlegs and started to lick over her paws like a cat. The very fact that she was a dragon and had scales instead of fur did not seem to bother her at all. Carefully the strange female manoeuvered her tongue around her razorsharp claws and finally answered: "A pity you didn't fall for it. I guess you are not a scaredy-cat like the last one.", she chuckled, then she continued: "I am 'K' for now, but one day I will be known as 'Hellfire Kitty'! What are you called?"

Edited by Isirion

"...My name is R, or Hellfire Rallis."

R said, a bit amused by K's habits. The fact that this dragon seemed to think she was a cat was funny in a strange way to R. It was like she was raised by a cat!

"The last one?"

She asked K, and wondered how many dragons she had shocked.

Edited by rainpeltstar

'K' suddenly arched her back again and snapped at 'R': "Don't ease up because you think someone who is actling like a cat is no danger to you. I defended my place here not by purring but by shredding the wings of the last female and throwing her out as she was still petrified and scared by my performance. I won't do the same to you, but of course I could be lying right now. You must be a clever one if Isirion put you here so tell me clever one: How do you cope with having the blood of your age-mates on your paws?"

Edited by Isirion

R looked down at her feet. It was true, her claws were still stained with the blood of the dragon she had tricked in the food fight. But even though it was just a small mess of red on her, R's mind was also marked with the ordeal. After a long pause, she looked up.

"What is there to cope?"

She growled rather darkly.

"If I have to survive by clawing a couple hatchlings, them's the breaks."

R didn't mean it, but she was annoyed by K's two-bit personality.