Isirion

The Bloodline of Torch

Orion who had positioned himself quite close to the hut so he could blend in between some bushes turned around at once and looked in the direction Alzira had pointed out. From the look of it she was not the only one who had noticed the approaching figure. Valerian who had placed himself a bit behind Orion and Alzira to watch their backs growled softly as he noticed the uncanny resemblence between this hooded figure and the one from two nights before on the tavern's balcony that had almost killed him with a bloodstained blade. Alsia didn't growl but the muscles in her body tightened more than necessary as she recognized the man from the island that had threatened the lives of three unborn dragons in order to get his hands on some of the Leetle leaves. Reading her body language the hunter knew that Alzira's guess about the identity of the newcomer had been right. But who were all the other people hiding clumsily in the forest? Orion counted at least six of them and pointed them out to Alzira: "I got some for you too. There is a man sitting in the bushes some 50 yards from here but his boots are showing. Another guy is standing behind a tree with his hood down but his shoulder sticks out. Do you see the branches and the bark of that tree over there? At least two people have climbed it recently. That hollow tree right next to it has eyes and a lot of footprints in front of it. The last one I can see is hiding next to the firewood at the back of the hut. They are definitely no hunters but they could be familiar with sneaking around and lock-picking by the looks of them. What do you think?"

Edited by Orion97

Alzira swallowed hard. The people hiding seemed not used to camouflage in the woods although they seemed practiced in keeping a distance and staying low profile. Remembering the odd scene from the marketplace she turned to Orion and retold the incident and concluded: "Maybe they are members of the Thieves's Guild. Whatever their intention they are definitely waiting, and my guess would be be that they are waiting for the same man like all of us." She didn't like this scenario, too many people were gathering. This could go terribly wrong, meaning people could get hurt and possibly the main suspect could escape unasked and worse now he would be warned and presumably far more secretive. Although with this amount of distraction they might get lucky as well... she moved unconciously closer to Susurro.

Orion drummed his fingers on his thigh in thought. "Let's go into this hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. Take this." He offered her a knife. "I'd rather be safe than sorry. Anyhow if something does go wrong it wouldn't take Alsia and Valerian long to intervene." Orion sighed and rubbed his neck. "The thieves guild shouldn't actually be a real problem. They're thieves after all, not assassins. Just watch your pockets. They have a code they abide by anyway...usually." Anticipating the questions that would come up Orion spoke. "No I was not in the thieves guild but I was friends with a few of them back in my home town and met with them once in a while. Surprisingly friendly bunch once you get to know them." He mused. "Do you want to go talk to them actually? Seems like they're coming to the meeting too and if so we won't be able to avoid them. Maybe we can figure out what they want too."

While Orion and Alzira were discussing the badly hidden presence of the thieves guild members the hooded newcomer in the shadows walked as casually towards the hut as if he was talking a stroll in a park. From the path he took he must have spotted at least three of them however his pace never changed not even as the bush he walked by started shivering. Very soon he reached the entrance of the hut and after glaring at the body of the Royal Blue dragon from under his hood he announced his arrival with an ice-cold voice: "Master, I have come as requested. What is it you wish to discuss with me this time?"

From inside the hut the scraping of a chair could be heard and after that Sodger appeared in the doorframe and welcomed his first apprentice inside saying: "Isirion come in and take a seat. There will be one more person coming before the requested meeting can begin. I trust you have already met my old comrade the Guardian?" The apprentice nodded and went inside where the massive bear-like Guardian sat at the table with a half-eaten meal before him and another half-eaten meal directly opposite him. Isirion took the unoccupied seat overlooking the door and greeted the Guardian with a polite but silent nod.

On the outside the shivering bush had moved until it was right in front of the hollow tree with the eyes. There it spoke with Finger's trembling voice: "Master, I recognize the man who had just arrived. He is the one who cut my hand off and as long as he is here we should not attempt to do anything to the old man." The hollow tree answered immediately with the annoyed voice of the master of the thieves guild: "That's dragon dung. We outnumber them ten to one and the mercenaries that blind old man must have hired to gut our brother Gutter Fish and his gang are nowhere to be seen. Our revenge will go as smooth as a baby dragon's skin." If ever a bush could look in doubt the one Fingers was hiding in pulled it off. It's leaves shook along with Fingers' head as the ex-member of the thieves guild silently doubted his ex-master's 'easy' conclusion and began to sincerely fear it's consequences.

Edited by Isirion

"Alright...show time. Hopefully no one tries to strangle us..."Orion whispered more to himself than Alzira. He calmly walked in and briefly made eye contact with everyone inside as he introduced himself and Alzira. Orion leaned against the wall of the hut and smiled awkwardly. "So...nice to see everyone...anyone in here buddies with all the hooded men outside?" He knew that typically if a place would be robbed that the thieves guild would send no more than two, three if it were a big job most of the time. If it were more than that they were looking for a score to settle, though it was usually with a rival guild of some sort. Either way he was hoping to be able to dissolve any potential issues before they'd arise.

Edited by Orion97

Alzira gasped at Orion's boldness. How could he offend his host in such a way? Had he already forgotten the Guardian's anger? She decided to keep calm. Instead she smiled and said: "Greetings and my sincerest apologies. I know I'm not invited to this meeting and so I will stay outside. There are a few dragons I don't know yet and I'd like to sketch." With a slight bow she stepped backwards from the door, hoping she wouldn't provoke them any further. She really didn't want to stay outside either, too many thugs, but nevertheless she would feel much saver with them and her dragons than inside with the presumed thieving ghost and his cold voice.

Edited by Alzira

On Alzira's honest face everyone except Sodger could see that she really hadn't wanted to intrude on the meeting and the impolite and overconfident hunter was the one to blame for dragging her into it. The Guardian who had stood up and turned around after his entry tightened his fists to keep himself from smashing them into Orion then he spit on the ground and growled: 'another lie' before he sat down again. Isirion had stood up too but his only reaction to Orion's and Alzira's presence was a greeting nod. Aseto, Sodger's Royal Blue snorted but it was impossible to tell if it was in amusement or anger. Sogder himself remained seated but his voice rose in anger as he adressed Orion: "Neither the Guardian nor I take broken agreements lightly. I agreed to arrange a meeting with my apprentice and let YOU be there too but instead of honouring our agreement you came with company - unwilling company from the sound of it. At least the lady you brought honoured the agreement so I am willing to go through with the meeting. Grab a bowl and take a seat and then you can listen to what my apprentice has to say about Eyes' disappearance. Or it maybe even better if you question Isirion yourself since the accusation that he has something to do with it and some recent trouble comes from you!"

In the mean-time at the Leetle Fish

From the hidden cellar Wallet the fence of the thieves guild made his way up to the tavern to pass the time comfortably until his brothers returned. The moment he entered the faithful bartender handed him the box with the weekly 'insurance donations' and the paper the painter lady had offered instead of hard coin. Wallet read the note with a frown and ordered a bottle of wine to mull it over. In the absence of the master it was his duty to deal with people who refused to pay. Not that there had been anyone besides the Egg Hunter who refused and even he would finally be dealt with today if everything went as the master had planned. If not missing a few coins of extortion money was the least of his problems. The fence rubbed his chin and wondered what he would do if his brothers ended up like Gutter Fish. That thought was so uncomfortable he drained the whole bottle in almost one go and wished desperately for a body guard like the filthy rich fox he recently had dealt with had. After ordering another bottle and emptying half of it he still couldn't let go of that idea but every decent fighter in the guild had left with the master on the retaliation mission. Maybe he could hire somebody but was anyone is this small stinking village even up to the task? Wallet started to look around the tavern for starters and to his surprise found a perfect candidate. A well-trained muscular body clad in dragon-scale like armor with claws as weapons stuck out of the mass of whimpy-looking drunks that normally frequented the tavern. He also noticed some kind of battle-scars on the hands and under the chin of his going-to-be-bodyguard that proved that the owner had seen real battle and wasn't wearing his gear just as a pretty decoration like some of the people that came here to buy from the trophy pole did. The fence was half-across the tavern to offer one of his rings for the man's service as he noticed another thing - the one watching everyone in the tavern with calm and determined teal-gray eyes was in fact a young woman...

Edited by Isirion

The Leetle Fish was still as disgusting as the time she stepped over its door step a few hours ago. A disgusting place full of disgusting people drowning themselves in this...stuff. Drake regretted having even stepped into this establishment alongside all the vermin. Then again, some wild dragons had told her that vermin tasted much better than drunkards. Humans could be so disgusting. Especially those who did horrible acts to dragons like the egg shatterer who used the remnants of shattered dragon eggs as material for the mosaics in his mansion. Drake remembered how she had to bribe him with alcohol in another tavern yesterday just to learn about his motives and his trade partners. By the time she had been finished the shatterer's vision was probably so blurred and his mind so far gone that he had no memory of the encounter. That way she hadn’t had to worry about dumb guards coming after her like at the time she had tried to sneak into the shatterer’s mansion a few days ago with her slightly anxious Royal Blue Taellonn…

A drunkard bumped into her, interrupting her thoughts and Drake focused on the man approaching her. His hands resembled a Pyralspite hatchling's first hoard...lots of shining rings with jewels that glimmered like a Gemshard's scales. The man clearly ate well, based on his appearance and weight. So this man was wealthy-or at least was good at bluffing. Something about him seemed familiar but she had no idea why he was coming to her. Drake straightened her posture and slowly walked towards the man as well because she wanted to make sure the man knew that she wasn't weak just in case. Then again, would he really think she was weak? "So," she began to say to the man, "You gonna waste my time or tell me something worth listening to?"

Edited by Drakessis

Wallet's eyes darted around like Pygmys as his intended bodyguard suddenly addressed him but there was no way back now. He swallowed hard then he said with a whimpy voice trying to be as straight to the point as possible: "I want you to be my bodyguard. I am quite wealthy and I can pay you well." After that he played around with his expensive rings to show her that he hadn't lied about being wealthy.

In the mean-time at Sodger's hut

The mood in the hut was an odd one. Sodger was still sulking over the fact that Orion had betrayed his trust even though the hunter had apologized in the mean-time. The Guardian was not surprised that Orion had lied again but he was still angry. However he remained silent for the sake of this old captain and to hear what the Leetle thief had to say about the disappearance of the Gatherer. Isirion raised his ice-cold voice so that even the painting lady outside could hear him if she had stayed close and spoke: "I met the Gatherer about a week ago at the meeting he requested with me. He inquired about some thefts in the vicinity and about the injury of my master's other apprentice. I told him that I cut off the thief's hand but didn't steal from his belongings. The Gatherer then asked me if it hadn't been me whom would I suspect under the circumstances. The answer to that question was simple since there was only one other person who knew about the wealth the other apprentice had amassed by selling the Gold egg shell he had stolen. Whoever bought the shell must have known too - the Gatherer agreed and left to investigate some local fences."

Edited by Isirion

Drake was stunned. Never once had she been offered a job that she could be payed for. Even more astounding to her was the fact that this was a human talking to her, a human asking her for something. Though her face remained serious, nervous thoughts raced through her mind. Should she accept the offer? How would this benefit her if she accepted? Could this man even be trusted? This last question hung in her mind the longest. Drake didn't think the man could overpower her, but, out of habit, she looked him over to see if he had any weapons. As she quickly glanced over the man, she was reminded of something she had heard just a day ago. The rings he was playing with on his fingers... no average person would have these. Those rings were expensive, shiny, and prominent. One look at them and she knew who she was talking to. This man traded with the shatterer. She tried not to lunge at the man, tear out his throat. Drake clenched her fists to control her impulses. She thought for a few moments before coming to a realization; this job would provide a great chance to finally end the shatterer's egg mosaics. She relaxed and a subtle smirk spread across her face as she calmly replied, "I'll gladly accept your offer. My name's Drake, by the way." She detached the claw weapons from her right hand and reached out for a handshake.

Edited by Drakessis

Wallet perked up like a little rodent given a morsel of food and shook his new bodyguard's hand. Then he said: "My name is Wallet. You will not regret working for me. Standing around in the middle of the tavern isn't comfortable so let's talk business elsewhere." The fence led Drake to a private table at the back of the room and sat down. After wriggling a bit to position his well-fed body comfortably on the chair he gave the bartender a wink to bring him more food and wine then he whispered: "I am working in the 'exchange' business which provides a good and steady income but lately it became a bit dangerous. A group of trade 'negotiators' has gotten slaughtered and recently one of my goods 'supplier' has had his hand cut off. I want you to stay alert and protect me at all costs. If you can do so I am willing to pay you 10 coins per day. You can sleep at my house too to protect me at night since both of the incidents happened at night. Do you want to take a look? My house is the big one with the silver scales decorated roof."

As Drake followed Wallet, she couldn't help but immediately feel doubt in the back of her mind. She barely noticed at first; she was used to doubt. It'll be fine! This'll be over quick! she thought. A little... well, a lot of doubt had never stopped her before. It was part of everyday life. Drake noticed Wallet sit down at the table he led her to and sat down at the table as well. She carefully listened as he explained his trade and her new responsibilities. Drake was somewhat surprised at the violence he described-slaughtering, hand dismemberment. The shatterer had mentioned none of this. Then again, Drake had never asked about how dangerous the trade was. She noticed herself losing focus and began to listen again. The pay was good, but that was barely a concern of hers. Her responsibilities seemed fairly simple: stay up at night, defend against people who meant harm. No different from an average week. She kept listening. Drake clenched her fists as he mentioned the silver-scale roof. She tried to reassure herself that maybe it just looked like scales, like her armor. But it didn't help. She just continued to clench her fists tighter, until a slight, stinging pain made her realize her claw weapons had reopened wounds on the palms of her hands. Great. she thought Now I gotta wait for my hands to stop bleeding. She tugged out the linen sleeves from under her armor out until she could feel the blood being absorbed by the fabric. Her focus returned to the tavern and man in front of her. Drake remembered that Wallet had asked her a question. "I think that'd be a good idea, just so I can get familiar with where I'll be protecting," she replied.

Wallet who had stuffed himself with the food and the wine the bartender had brought didn't noticed Drake's occasional absence of mind while he had been explaining. What he did notice and promptly reacted to was the thing he wanted to hear. He wolved down the last bite then he beamed: "Brilliant! You will love my house!" The fence stood up and left a few coins on the table then he led Drake to his home. They hadn't had to walk far only cross the main road and there it was. A big building but only one story high like every other building on the right side of the road. Wallet made a sweeping gesture with his hand and explained: "We could not build them higher or the trader's dragons would crash into them when they try to land at the pride of our village and the source of our wealth. I am talking about the pole exchange market - surely you have heard about it?" Not waiting for the answer the fence babbled on: "If you have something somebody else may want you advertise it on the poles and if someone requests it you can make a deal not to mention a hell of a profit. I bet we are doing as much business as some of the big city markets but without all the fuss and screaming. We are a fishermen' village after all and for that you need quiet or you are going to scare away the fish and starve. I don't look like I am starving to you. Do I?" Again Wallet didn't wait for an answer and went on after unlocking his door and ushering Drake inside: "Welcome to my home! The living quarters are at the far end of the hallway. The kitchen is to the right between the dining hall and the hall of scrolls where I keep track of every trade I did. If nature calls you can go through the kitchen door and turn left. Should you want to take a bath instead turn right and yell because the servant and his Red dragon responsible for heating the water tend to doze off. You are going to sleep in my bedroom. I'll see to it that there is another bed and blanket ready while you can take your time and get familiar with the surroundings."

Edited by Isirion

When Wallet finished discussing, or perhaps a better term would be boasting about his home, Drake nodded in a way between 'thanks' and 'I'm going to pretend I heard all of that.' Needless to say the house was large, and curiosity took over her. She would have looked around the house anyways to get familiar with it, but this was a new opportunity for her. This was the first time she had actually been properly invited into one of civilization's houses and given a chance to explore it. It differed greatly from what she was used to, for one thing the floors weren't dirt or loosely fitting planks of wood. The furniture was made by professionals! Drake reminded herself to stay at the task at hand. I'll need to look through that hall of scrolls soon... she thought, But...I should investigate other areas too so... that...I can...do stuff. Drake knew perfectly well she was making up excuses to see the rest of the house, but she found herself very convincing. Again she reminded herself who and what she was dealing with and kept her focus. For a few minutes at least. As Drake explored it became a vicious cycle; be amazed by all the different stuff, remember what her priority was, be amazed by all the different stuff, remember what her priority was, on and on again. It was like when she had went to a town for the first time as a child. She was amazed and had wanted to see everything, but her father and brothers had to remind her what some of these people did to dragons. It was like a twisted mirror, then and now.

Edited by Drakessis

At the same time in the forest near the 'Sleeping Dragon' tavern

Two children and two dragons were sitting close together and comforting each other after the fearful encounter with the supposed thieving ghost. The one who needed comfort the most was Winny who cried for the unlucky chicken that burned to death during that encounter. Despite everything her brother Jaxon did to convince her otherwise - even not calling her Whiny for a chance - the girl believed that her beloved missing pet chicken Feathershriek must have met the same fate. Telia simply felt ashamed of herself that she let everybody down because she hadn't been able to catch or at least disarm the 'ghost' for good. She knew that her own actions as the mischievious ghost of the haunted forest had driven the Sleeping Dragon tavern as much to the brink of ruin as the actions of the thieving ghost and despite the fact that the owners and their children had been so kind and understanding that they had forgiven her, she had failed them. The only thing cheering her up was the fact that she had managed to save her friend Tonitrua who still looked a bit frightened but otherwise perfectly fine...

In the mean-time at Sodger's hut

While Alzira's newest picture of the sunrise dragon outside was taking shape the men inside the hut were discussing what to do with the information Isirion had shared with them. Sodger wanted to act quickly and confront the local thugs and thieves until they spilled the beans but the Guardian advised caution. He compared it to stirring up a hornet's nest which was a foolish and dangerous thing to do. His old captain didn't like being called a fool but he got the hint and listened what his old comrade would deem the right path of action. The Guardian's plan was a simple one - instead of forcing a way into the hornet's nest aka thieves' den they would send in a known hornet aka thief. Sodger's second apprentice had proven to be a thief and paid dearly for it but surely he would still have some of his old connections. Once they knew where to start it would only be a matter of time until they found the missing Gatherer. Sodger agreed and immediately ordered his first apprentice who already had experience in chasing down the second one to do so and bring him here. Isirion responded with a polite 'Yes, master' and left the hut to root out a certain suspicious shivering bush that had in the mean-time somehow managed to plant itself in front of an equally suspicious hollow tree...

Edited by Isirion

Orion rocked his head slightly from left to right for a moment as if literally bouncing around ideas. Part of him was still mulling over how stupid he had been and that he should think things through more as Alsia suggests. Despite him being much older than her she seemed uncommonly wise and thoughtful. As of the moment he figured it would likely be best to do something that he had grown adept at while hunting, watching and waiting. As Isirion stepped outside Orion subtly moved to a spot just outside beside the door so he could peek outside and keep an eye on the strange man's activity as the plan the others had orchestrated was carried out.

While she was painting Alzira listened. It wasn't like she was eavesdropping, it just happened when she was drawing. Her senses opened up and she noticed a lot more than under normal circumstances, like colours, shades, shapes and even sounds. Trouble was this happened unconsciously so if you'd asked her she would be in trouble to recollect what it was that she became aware of. Although she usually could use all the information in need but just not on purpose, to her it was like gut instincts.

She noticed the raised voices in the hut as well as the plan they concocted. So by the time Isirion left the building her gut told her to be out of the way, and out of it she was. She was close to Susurro, tucking away her materials and keeping Sappo close to her, occupying him with a few dried crickets, her secret weapon in times of need or haste. Nevertheless she peeked at Isiron heading for the trees and a certain bush. She already felt sorry for his target...

Edited by Alzira

Upon reaching the suspicious bush Isirion immediately called out: "Come out. My master wants a word with you." Hearing the familiar but dreaded ice-cold voice the bush shivered again and quickly jumped behind the hollow tree. Now Isirion was sure it was indeed Fingers hiding in the bush as he had suspected from the moment he had walked by it. All that was left was convincing him without 'stirring up a hornet's nest' like the Guardian had put it. In Isirion's eyes the thugs and thieves hiding in the vicinity were nothing more than flies to be squashed but he had his orders...

Sighing and removing as much ice from his voice as possible he tried again: "Fingers, would you really make a blind old man come out here just to talk with you?" The bush desperately shook it's leaves this time dreading the choice of words more than the voice but it was too late. The master of the thieves guild had heard the words 'blind old man' and jumped out of the hollow tree screaming: "CHARGE!"

Following that battle-cry the surrounding hiding places emptied and thieves and thugs brandishing knives and clubs charged towards the hut. Caught by surprise Isirion barely managed to dodge the thieves guild master's knife. The bush seized his chance, sprouted legs and ran away as fast as he could. Isirion cursed himself for the oversight of not having thought about what the thugs and thieves wanted here even though he had spotted a few of them after his arrival. With no time to think about that now he drew his bloodstained blade and started to counterattack...

Orion watched patiently as Isirion attempted to talk to the people outside. He glanced back to the others inside and the moment he did someone outside shouted "CHARGE!". Snapping his attention back outside, he saw several figures running towards Isirion and themselves, armed with knives and clubs, as well as the one running away, inside of a bush curiously enough.

"Alsia! Catch the one running away in the bush!" He called out. Alsia quickly took to the air and pursued the man as he had asked while Orion himself drew his bow and moved outside. Notching an arrow, he pulled it back and aimed at the closest target. A second later an arrow was sent flying straight towards the foot of one of the thugs. "Everyone stand down or I aim for that head!" Although he knew it was too much to hope for, Orion sincerely hoped no one would need to die, but in the event it was needed he was quite capable of dropping any that came too close.

In the time it took Orion to notch his arrow and send it on it's way Isirion's blade had stabbed through the heart of the nearest thief right after severing the head from the body of another. His blade stained with fresh blood seemed to scream with each wound it made altough no other sound apart from metal cutting through flesh was to be heard. By the time the first thieves arrived at the hut lead by there now limping leader Isirion had dismembered another thief with lightning-fast slashes.

In the hut warned by Orion's voice and the unmistakeable sound of Isirion's blade Sodger had prepared for battle too. He grabbed his old sword engraved with a Royal Blue dragon in the hilt and stood ready to defend his home while the Guardian drew the vicious looking tool he had used to clean out Galandor's carcass from his vestment. Aseto pulled his head from the window assuming a battle stance as well as letting out a thunderous roar. Stunned by the sound the thieves came to their senses and their assault to a halt. They had counted on attacking a blind old man not a battle-scarred old dragon. Of course nobody had told them either about the other dragon who had pursued bush-Fingers down the path leading back to the fishermen's village. Confused the thieves stopped in their tracks - one of them forever since Isirion exploited that weakness immediately and gutted a sand-haired thief without hesitation. The thief's agonized death cry made his guild master turn around and wail: "My brothers, how many of you have I lead to your deaths in my quest for revenge?"

"All of them", Isirion's hissed with his ice-cold voice as he gutted another thief and then added as he had finally pieced everything together: "Just like the last time you sent your weaklings trying to extort my master."

The master of the thieves guild looked like he also had pieced something together then he let out an ear-piercing whistle and screamed: "I will have my revenge! CLOAK & DAGGER! - GET HIM- he is the one who killed Gutter Fish and our brothers!" Following his scream came the sound of gigantic leathery wings beating and the two heads of a Hooktalon Dragon appearing above the trees. The dragon's appearance distracted everyone long enough for the injured guild master to lunge clumsily towards the greenhaired lady that had tried to stay out of everybody's and harm's way. He pointed his knife in the direction of Alzira's throat and then screamed again: "How the tables have turned...You all drop your weapons or I'll kill that woman. Just stay where you are until my dragon has finished that bloody murderer and his master!"

Edited by Isirion

Alzira saw the man stumbling towards her, his intentions were hard to miss. She was already reaching for the knife Orion gave her but as she was not trained for this she was just grabbing the hilt when he reached her. With a sharp blade that close to your throat you start thinking really hard... or not at all like Sappo. The little dragon had watched the scene intensly while chewing his crickets and when this man with the sharp and shiny claw came too close Sappo reacted instantly. Like a shadow he darted forwards and spew a very hot, almost blue flame towards the attacker. At this short distance this had to leave a nasty wound, no one attacked his keeper!

Edited by Alzira

The flame indeed left a nasty wound - right on the leg already injured by Orion's warning shot. The guild master screamed and dropped his knife to grab his leg. Never in his career had a hostage resorted to such an abominable trick of setting a tiny vicious pitch-black monster on him. Normally the darkness was the cover of his thugs and thieves while assaulting their victims and not the other way round. Screaming and cursing he pulled back only to stumble into the arms of the Guardian. The bear-like man was the only one who had actually dropped his weapon to save the green-haired lady that had made a great impression on him. Seizing his chance and the guild master now he gave him a crushing embrace and growled: "Give me one reason not to strangle your filthy life out of you!"

The guild master struggled feebly to escape but with his meager strength and not even two good legs to support him he had no chance. Desperate and yet defiant he hissed: "Let me go you stupid oaf. My dragon can still kill all of you even if I can't. And if you kill me there is no way of stopping Cloak & Dagger - compared to him your strength is nothing!"

The Guardian cursed into his beard - once again he had became stuck in a situation with either outcome being a loss. He had counted on the thieves guild master being reasonable but his defiance had inspired the thugs and thieves to continue their assault. The giant Hooktalon Dragon was keeping the only one who had effectively reduced their numbers busy and the remaining attackers were well aware of that now...

Edited by Isirion

Quickly raising two fingers to his mouth, Orion whistled as loudly as he possibly could. If Valerian was still where he believed he was, the powerful Hellfire would be here in a matter of seconds. As soon as he had though a pair of thugs wasted no time in charging him. Drawing back an arrow as quickly as he could Orion shot the thug in the eye, dropping him in an instant. In the meantime the second thug was nearly arm's reach away. Letting himself drop to the ground, Orion spun and knocked the man's feet out from under him. As soon as he hit the dirt Orion drew another arrow and pressed his boot down against his chest and held the arrow right above his heart. Orion released the arrow and looked away painfully as soon as the deed was done.

Edited by Orion97

While Orion's whistle pierced the night Isirion's blade pierced the scales on the Hooktalon's foot about the third time since the battle begun. It did as much good as the other two times he managed to get a hit in while dodging the various claws and fangs and hooks the dragon had plenty of. It seemed quite used to hunting smaller prey since it's bite attacks were always well-placed and it's hook slices left only the smallest amount of space to evade. Isirion truly enjoyed this battle and as he was unwilling anyway to kill such a strong, fast and powerful dragon he didn't mind only dodging and occasionally scratching his opponent until somebody decided to fight fire with fire.

Not even a minute later he heard a familiar noise that made him turn around once again with his blade raised - the sound of a Hellfire Wyvern swooping down with leathery wings. Last time he had heard it had been on the balcony of the Sleeping Dragon and sure enough it was the same valiant and strong Hellfire now - only this time it was aiming for the Hooktalon and not for him. Isirion swiftly moved out of the way of both dragons and decided to go back to the hut to finish off the remaining weakling thugs and thieves he didn't mind killing at all. From the looks of it his master Sodger had no trouble keeping the thugs away slashing at every sound they made on the unfamiliar ground while being protected by his Royal Blue Aseto from sneak attacks from the sides. The hunter seemed to be doing well too as there were already two bodies at his feet. The Guardian had the master of the thieves guild in his grasp but seemed unsure what to do with him. The sight of the captive reminded Isirion that he was supposed to capture somebody too and wondered how far away his target has gotten by now...

Roughly at the same time at Wallet's house

Drake's exploration of the house was almost finished despite the fact that she seemed to bump into her employer at about every second corner. When Wallet was not asking her if she liked this or that in his home clearly fishing for compliments, he mumbled to himself things like 'I should have heard from them by now' and 'Why the hell aren't they back yet'. After this mumbling episodes he would glance at Drake as if he wanted to ask for her help but always reconsidered at the last second - until a screaming bush crashed right through his living room window. Wallet didn't loose a second before screaming himself: "Uahh! Drake help me!"

Edited by Isirion

Drake was only in the next room when she heard a commotion and a call for help from Wallet in the living room. She rushed over, barely skidding to a halt. The first thing Drake noticed was Wallet, but she surprised herself when she saw the bush a few meters in front of him. How'd I not see that before? she thought. Confused but confidently, she walked up to the bush, noticing what she realized was a handless arm. For a moment Drake was hesitant to act. She glanced to Wallet for a few seconds, wondering if she should say something. Finally she nudged the bush with the side of her foot several times, more furiously each nudge until nearly kicking full-force.