Isirion

The Bloodline of Torch

"Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, lovely view that room has, and whatever you please my dolly, as long as you pay." Placing the key on the counter she continued. "Sweet Winny will lead you there, if there is nothing else you need here, food? Drink? Im sure you know the food here is famous in the region, just be aware my sons culinary skills are questionable for now." She chuckled and shook her finger as she continued "But one day he'll be regarded as one of the finest chefs for dragons, as long as he doesnt get any other strange ideas and stays out of that horrid forest! But you know, boys will be boys."

Edited by WinterWhisperz

FlowerOwl nodded in agreement. That was a well known fact for her, due to the fact she had her own brother. "Could you lead me there? Or could Whiny lead me there if you are busy? Here..." She said before digging into the sack. One, three, six... She started to count before holding out a hand full of ten coins. "And by the way, is the food here extra coins or free? Is there any menus you can hand me right now that I can bring into my room?" Then she petted her hatchling some more while waiting for Candy's answer.

Winny stomped and crossed her arms, this stranger was doing everything to annoy her! Not bothering to hide her frustration she glared and grumbled "Its WINNY! W-I-N-N-Y! Mom! Couldnt you name me different! Jax gots everybody calling me "Whiny" and im not WHINY!"

Candy shook her head at her daughters temper as she took the coins, pocketing them before looking at her daughter dissapointingly. "Now now lovey, we have a guest and this is not the way we act when we have guests is it?" She continued as she went for a menu, not waiting for her daughters answer, but what she had to say next was more for her than anyone else. "Has her fathers temper......but anyways, our guests get 3 free meals a day, due to how long some of them stay, so we just added food cost to room cost for convienience, but anything more you pay for, drinks, on the other hand, remain free, but here is the menu of everything we offer here" She smiled and sat the menu on the counter "And I have some dinner to prepare for our guest in the black dragon room, maybe well all be treated and we will see her this evening. I worry, couped up in that dark room all hours of the day, not healthy" she shook her head "not healthy at all, shy doll. But Winny dear is a delight really, give her time."

Edited by WinterWhisperz

"Ok," FlowerOwl started while picking up the menu and putting it into her bag without looking at it. Then she turned to Winny,"I'm sorry, I swear that I thought I heard your brother call you 'Whiny' outside." Then she turned back to Candy,"That sounds just great, thank you." Then she turned back to Winny,"Ready to go? I want to see if I can get settled in before the sun sets all the way." And yet again, she turned towards Candy,"And could you tell your son that I'd like to see him? I want to check on that dragon food of his. That shouldn't be a problem right?" Then she turned to Winny and motioned her to start slowly leading the way, knowing that she'd only need to talk to Candy for a couple more seconds.

Candy nodded and smiled "I'll send him up as soon as I can my dearie." With that she waddled back into the kitchen.

Winny looked up at the guest. "Thats because hes a big jerk face and likes to be mean. But come on your rooms up here." She lead FlowerOwl up the stairs and down a short hallway to a pure white doorway and opened it. "Momma likes people to be in this room because its good for them and their dragons, if their tired or hurt in the tiniest bit, this room makes them feel as perfect as a pretty rainbow." The girl smiled cutely. Looking around she inspected the white room with blue accents. The white walls and blue carpet seemed to be in perfect condition, the blue silled window, intact with a stunning view of the lake, and even the blue orchids in the crystal vase have not been touched, perfectly centered on the glass table and the white chairs organized and perfectly spaced around. She wandered into the kitchen, inspecting the blue tiles and cupboards as well as the white marble counter top. Smiling with satisfaction she returned to the guest and took her bags over to the bed. "It looks like the thief left your room alo-MAN!!!!" she sat the bags beside the bed and looked at the sheets, her voice became a whiny shadow of its former self "Dang thief thing!! It it cut your sheets in half.....see" She held the sheet up, showing the size. "I'm sorry lady. I can get more from momma if ya like."

Edited by WinterWhisperz

FlowerOwl barely had words to answer with since of the beautiful room. Silently gasping everytime she noticed something new. But her favorite thing about it was the fact that it was organized. Answering after she got a hold of herself,"Uh, if the room usually gets cold at night then yes please, another blanket would be wonderful." The she turned towards the door in slight hopes she would leave before saying,"Is there a time that is preferable for your mother to come for diner?"

"Whenever your hungry" Winny gathered up the cut sheets in her arms "Go talk to my momma, shell cook whatever ya want" She started to head out of the room, but then stopped and turned to look at the guest once again. "Hey, I just remembered, I saw you through the trees in the forest before I met the green-haired lady. You had a tent, but it suddenly collapsed. The sound made me run away and trip over so I hurt my knee! Darned tent, but I guess you should not leave it out in the open like that? The thief might go and take it....we can go get it if ya like......after dinner maybe?"

Edited by WinterWhisperz

FlowerOwl frowned. She wished she could just forget about the tent but,"How about you and I both get it after dinner?" Then she turned towards her bed,"Could you leave right now? I'd like to.. Do something on the bed." Hoping she had left do to the sounds of walking, or prephas that was coming from downstairs, she jumped onto the bed. "Weeee!" FlowerOwl screamed as she began jumping. The vampire hatchling found the scream to be an invitation and started to jump too. Both not looking towards the door where Winny might still be.

Winny turned towards the door and was about to leave, but then she remembered that the guest hadnt ordered any sort of dinner, she turned to ask but cought her toungue when she saw her jumping on the bed with her dragon, screaming and squeeling like she would do, she smiled and silently slipped out of the room to get more sheets, giggling as she went.

After minutes of bouncing up and down, FlowerOwl sat down to take a look at the menu while her vampire hatchling continued to hop. But then a thought occurred to her, and she began to dig into her bags.

What is she doing? The vampire hatchling thought to herself. FlowerOwl was throwing out all the blankets and sleeping supplies she had brought on this trip. After all of the blankets and other things were out, she picked them all up and started to put them in a pile near the bed. The vampire hatchling stopped jumping and crawled over to FlowerOwl.

FlowerOwl, having finished making the pile, stood there with satisfaction as she gazed at the pile of blankets and pillows, and other stuff that was almost as high as the bed. Then she climbed onto the bed and jumped off of it and into the pile. Which the vampire hatchling copied. After minutes of that FlowerOwl went to go look at the menu again while leaving her vampire hatchling to bounce.

Edited by FlowerOwl

As FlowerOwl hunted through the menu, the house special caught her eye:

Roasted Cave Chicken in Sweet Dragon fruit Sauce

Wild Cave Chickens marinated and cooked in Dragon fruit sauce. Served with your choice of sides and drink, but preferred with the home grown garden salad and Candy's famous Sweet Tea.

Just as she finished reading the description, Winny knocked at her door "I got your sheets!"

Edited by WinterWhisperz

"Come on in!" FlowerOwl replied before jumping up to open the door for Winny. "I think I'm ready for dinner, I was thinking of having the special for me without sauce and my vampire will have the same but with the sauce.. do want me to come down there?"

The vampire hatchling was still jumping until she noticed FlowerOwl opening the door. After FlowerOwl's words the vampire thought of a fun idea. Bouncing up and down until she got enough momentum, the vampire hatchling jumped across the room and onto FlowerOwl's back. Climbing up FlowerOwl's back and then up her arm, the vampire perched on FlowerOwl's shoulder while FlowerOwl started to pet her.

Winny giggled at the hatchlings antics before running in the room and setting the new sheets on her bed. "If ya like ya can, Momma prefers it to people staying shut up in their rooms all by themselves, and then we hear about it all night long." Winny rolled her eyes "Its so annoying....that lady in the black dragon room almost never comes out and Momma can hardly stop talkin bout her.....but I seen her once.....shes real creepy." Winny shuddered. "But if ya wanna come, follow me!" She started down the hallway.

"Of course I want to come!" FlowerOwl replied before trotting behind Winny. At that point, the vampire hatchling thought she'd rather run, so she jumped off of FlowerOwl and began running behind the two. FlowerOwl beamed as they approached the dining room... Assuming that was what it was called around here.

Candy smiled as she saw the trio approaching. "So what shall it be dearie? And I'm terribly sorry that darned thieving ghost got at your sheets."

Winny smiled and slid onto one of the bar stools, patting down her dress she chimed "She wants two orders of the House Special, one with sauce, one without, and after dinner were gonna go get that tent she has in the forest."

Candy frowned "You best be careful my darlings, so dangerous with those hauntings." She shook her head. "Best thing you can do is just stay away from there."

Winny crossed her arms and pouted.

"I am sure we'll be quick about it Candy,"'FlowerOwl said in reply. "I think that we should go now while you prepare the food, due to the fact that it's not as dark now as it might be a little later." That was part of it, but another part was the fact that she was a bit tired, and she wanted to get this over with soon.

Candy nodded "Just stay safe my dearies, I'm half tempted to go send Ale out there with you, if he hadn't been with that bottle of his I would, but you hurry back, Cave Chicken tastes its best hot and fresh." She nodded afew times to make sure her point had gotten across and slowly made her way back into the kitchen.

Winny smiled and began to bounce around as she sang. "Lets go, lets go, deep into the forest.....oh, um....I mean lets go not too far into the forest hehe."

FlowerOwl beamed at Winny and said as soon as Candy was out of earshot,"I think we could go a little but further into forest then we're supposed to... Let's go!" Then this trio opened the doors that led outside.

Winny skipped out the door, twirling and giggling. "Yay yay yay! This is gonna be so much fun!" She giggled again. "And mean ol' Jax aint gonna tease me!" She settled down alittle and started to walk closer to the guest. "so howd you get that dragon? I never seen anything like it before."

FlowerOwl thought that Winny meant her Hellfire Wyvern and decided to get even further away from Candy to make sure she was really out of earshot before she started to tell Winny how she came to be Lunaspeeria's owner. The story was going to contain blood and gore and she was not entirely sure how the over-protective mother-chicken she pictured Candy as, would react, if she told her daughter such a story. So, only after walking with quick steps into the forest, FlowerOwl started: "It began almost two years ago on a fog-shrouded morning at the pile of abandoned eggs..."

In the meantime, deep in the 'haunted' forest near the Sleeping Dragon tavern

Telia Kuran-Kiryu had reached the perfect place for her preparations for the prank she decided to play on that ignorant owner of the head-jumping vampire hatchie. As Telia had overheard in the conversation between the owner and another dragon, that looked a lot like the dragon, that had spoken to her in her previous dream, they all were going to stay at the tavern. But there was no reason to fear that the owner would stay there forever, because her tent, that Telia so skillfully had crashed time and time again, had still been lying there as she last had checked. So now was the perfect time to use everything this place had to offer for her prank. The only problem was where to start? A giant tree with those perfect maggot-filled throwing fruits was growing here, the little stream nearby provided the best mud and moss-overgrown rocks. Lots of different branches and fallen-off tree bark were lying in the undergrowth and the vines that were strangling a lot of trees here, would make perfect substitutes for ropes.

Edited by Isirion

Telia found the maggoty fruit tree and picked about thirty fruits from it. She put them on the ground, then went and fetched a big leaf to get some mud from the nearby river with it. She also collected a fair amount of river stones into another big leaf. Then she hauled the prank stuff up in the trees and bound it with strong vines for transport. Now fully loaded with her prank stuff she made her way back to the tree near the collapsed tent and waited for the head jumping vampire hatchie's owner to walk past. Telia could not wait to see the look on their faces, but she was also hoping that the little monster of a head jumping vampire hatchie wouldn't blow her cover. Boy do I hate that hatchie, the little head jumping twerp! she thought as she sat and waited.She chuckled quietly to herself, as she thought about what they would look like after the prank

Edited by isabella3

"... I was riding on one of my dragons, Sand Swift. Sand Swift is an Ochredrake, and was one of my first dragons. Like usual there were other dragons and humans other than Sand Swift and I; all of them looking for eggs. That was when I saw a Hellfire Wyvern egg with only a little time left until it would hatch." FlowerOwl shivered before continuing, "Sand Swift and I dived for it, when something appeared out of nowhere and slashed at us. We plummeted to the ground and I leapt off Sand Swift at the sight of the egg remaining unclaimed. It was a close call, but I grabbed it first. That was when I decided to see what had attacked us." A couple of shivers run down her back. "It was a human draped in a black cloak and he was holding a bloodstained blade in his hand. The fog made him all the more eerie." FlowerOwl noticed she hadn't explained how she knew it was a him, "I know it was a he since it had short hair. If it were a girl, knowing people like that, she probaly would have her hair hanging out a little. Trust me, it's hard to hide your hair in a hood... Or at least it's hard for me... Anyways, he looked like a version of the grim reaper, ready to kill something on the spot." Then FlowerOwl looked up, "I hurried back to Sand Swift as fast as I could. My poor dragon was just getting up and groaning with some pain caused by the wound he had gotten. We didn't even have to whisper a word to each other to know that we needed to leave. The hooded attacker wasn't finished with us in the least. Just as Sand Swift took flight, he reappeared angry beyond measure and slashed at Sand Swift again; this time aiming for an even deeper cut. Even though Sand Swift was injured, we managed to take flight and escape. Lunaspeeria hatched during our narrow escape and the first thing she saw, was me patching up Sand Swift with my healing skills. She got very interested in healing and wanted to learn it herself..." Then FlowerOwl decided to end the story more like a ghost story," A few days later rumors spread about this hooded beast. Those rumors are pretty much dead now seeing as it happened almost two years ago now, but to this day Sand Swift still has the scars!"

Edited by FlowerOwl

Winny stared at her in wide eyed fascination as she told her story, and when she'd finished, she smiled. "How exciting!!!! I wish I could have a dragon!! I love pillow dragons! their so fluffy and cuddly and adorable!" She spun around and stumbled abit, but righted herself as she gushed. "I just love how soft their dragon cashmere is and I cant wait to have a whole army!!!" pausing a moment, she crossed her arms and pouted "But momma says I have to cause I'm not old enough.....she says the same thing about mean ol' Jax, but hes more interested in gross stuff so he dont care.....When did you get your first dragon?" She smiled up at her as cutely as she could.

Telia opens the first leaf full of fruit and throws one at the vampire hatchies owner,then she sees that they have the coolest results, she keeps grabbing them and pitching them at the people below. She runs out of fruit and decides to start the mud. Which she scoops up and very quickly throws, she chuckles quietly to herself because they look hilarious covered in mud and fruit. She runs out of mud quickly, and start to throw the rocks which attach themselves to the mud! Oh how much fun this is! She thinks. When she runs out of river stones, she slashes the vines to the same length, knots them and trips the owners over with a quick swing of the vines.

Edited by isabella3

Covered in squished fruits, wriggling maggots, smelling mud and moss-overgrown riverstones stuck into it, FlowerOwl and Winny stumbled over the vines and collapsed ungracefully onto the already collapsed tent, dirtying it beyond recognition. Winny started to whine almost immediately and it didn't sound like she had any inkling to stop any time soon. Two pairs of well-hidden, mischievious eyes and ears watched and listened to the outcome of the over-successful prank. One pair of course belonged to Telia Kuran-Kiryu, the initiator of the prank, the other pair belonged to Jaxon, who had been ordered by his mum to keep watch over his sister. Jaxon of course had translated this order into the permission of roaming freely through the forest, because possible dangers to his sisters could be hiding everywhere in the forest and in order to find them he had to look everywhere. In doing so, he was rewarded beyond his dreams, because the memory of seeing his annoying sister covered in almost everything the forest had to offer, would entertain him for years. Too bad it sounded like his sister would also whine for years about it. Jaxon put his hands over his ears and emerged from his hiding place shouting: "WHINY - Stop whining at once, these are only fruits and maggots! Your beloved fluffy dragons would eat them for breakfast if they could!" He stopped dead, a thought forming on his face, then he continued: "Maybe you could attract them with your smell, we desperately need replacement for all the stolen Dragon Cashmere blankets anyway!"

Edited by Isirion