Isirion

The Bloodline of Torch

Jaxon looked kind of sheepish towards the ground, after Alzira had finished her little speech. He even went red a bit as he said to Alzira and Susurro with not a trace of his pompous behaviour before: "I am sorry, I got excited a bit and acted before thinking. But I know how to make up for it: I proudly invite you to the Sleeping Dragon tavern and if I can convince my parents you can even get the best room: The Royal Blue! Thank you for treating me and Whiny by the way." Jaxon picked up his sister and then, not even waiting for Alzira's and Susurro's consent, ushered both of them on: "Now, come on, I am so eager to show you our tavern. It has the best view over the lake and the food my mum cooks is even better!" Alzira and Susurro were completely taken by surprise and could not even think about protesting. So a few minutes later they had finished packing their stuff including the now slightly growling bag. Jaxon led everybody on the quickest way through the forest and to the Sleeping Dragon tavern.

At the same time in FlowerOwls's clearing

As unbelievable as it was, FlowerOwl still did not notice Telia Kuran-Kiryu who was sitting in plain sight on the remains of the tent. Her eyes and the eyes of her dragon were glued to the vampire hatchling that now played 'dead dragon' on the outstretched hand of it's owner.

Edited by Isirion

Getting quiet bored, Lunaspeeria looked over at the tent to see a dragon laying on top of it. Poking FlowerOwl on the shoulder gently with one of her claws, she pointed to the dragon.

"Hey!" FlowerOwl yelled before FlowerOwl put the vampire hatchling back inside her bag. The vampire hatchling climbed out of the bag and jumped to the ground in front of FlowerOwl and Lunaspeeria. It walked over to the other dragon and jumped onto it's head while grinning like a crazy person.

Telia Kuran Kiryu did not like this but still sat there quietly and then she had enough, she picked up the vampire hatchie,gave it back to it's owner Flower owl and then she ran back towards the trees but she ran into a tree and was knocked out. she had a dream and in it she felt as though another dragon was watching her and then the dragon spoke it said it's name was Hellfire Torchwell this dream must mean something I mean why would the dragon tell me it's name I feel like I use to know it but I guess I must be mistaken for another wild dragon I met once she fell back into a sleep again this time the dream was different the dragon had showed up and she could see it and the dragon spoke again saying this time about a cave and dragons getting killed by their "owner". She awoke once again but still kept her eyes shut and thought about it strange I thought I knew that dragon and I feel so sorry for it but it was only a dream, wait maybe it wasn't maybe it was a real thing inside a dream and she opened her eyes got up stretched her wings and then she jumped straight up the tree she had knocked herself out on.

Edited by isabella3

As Telia Kuran-Kiryu was sitting slightly confused from her dream in the tree, she wondered why she had received it, even if she was a different species than that 'Hellfire Torch'. Could it be, that she had received the dream by accident, because she had lost her conciousness as she had ran right into the tree - or was it the other way round? Had she started to receive the dream even when she was awake and that had made her run into the tree? Telia growled a bit, she gave up trying to understand what had happened for now and returned to her previous activity: Glaring at the back of the owner of the vampire hatchie because she still did not have eyes for anything else but that little head-jumping dragon. Telia felt her anger rising: The crazy dragon sure did earn a bit of attention, but not that much. After all the forest near the Sleeping Dragon tavern had earned it's nickname 'haunted forest' because of Telia's pranks and certainly not because of a new-born vampire wannabe prankster! With new resolve Telia retreated deeper into the forest, she would show them what a real prankster was, but first she needed time for her preparations!

Edited by Isirion

After calming herself down and after claiming her vampire hatchling, FlowerOwl looked up to Lunaspeeria. "I'm a bit tired of this, er, tent." She sighed,"The day's almost done, I don't have time to fiddle around here anymore. Let's go to the tavern, a couple coins is worth having a full night's rest."

Lunaspeeria had to agree with FlowerOwl, she was a bit urked about the tent and it was getting late... Or at least for FlowerOwl. Being a dragon is felt like she didn't need as much sleep. Lunaspeeria nodded before noticing FlowerOwl had already turned to leave. With one last look at the tent Lunaspeeria didn't feel like leaving it. After all, She thought, It did cost some...

FlowerOwl also had thoughts about the tent before they left. But, the tavern was nearby; it would be fine. It didn't cost too much anyways. FlowerOwl had also seen a glimpse of Lunaspeeria nodding. She asumed that Lunaspeeria didn't notice though, but that was fine.

Edited by FlowerOwl

At the Sleeping Dragon tavern

As FlowerOwl arrived together with her dragons she got to witness a peculiar scene. A little girl in a frilly dress was running after a little black thing that darted around like mad. Following the little girl was a greenhaired woman that held a torn bag and shouted angrily: "Sappo!" Another witness to this scene was a wild looking boy that was leaning casually against a beautiful White Dragon that was nonchalantly nibbling some flowers from the flowerbeds near the tavern.

Edited by Isirion

FlowerOwl just stared before whispering to Lunaspeeria,"Do you think they're.. Uh, busy?" And at that Lunaspeeria shrugged. But between this and the tent, it was very easy to guess which was preferred.

Turning towards the boy, FlowerOwl walked up to him with Lunaspeeria following her closely behind. "Uh," FlowerOwl started,"Do you know whether or not any rooms are open currently?" Just a second after that, FlowerOwl's vampire hatchling jumped out of her bag and ran over towards the green haired lady and the girl chasing the black thing.

"Lunaspeeria, could you quickly go after her?" FlowerOwl said before Lunaspeeria went off to get their vampire hatchling. Then FlowerOwl turned back to the boy.

Edited by FlowerOwl

The boy stuck out his chest and answered proudly: "Of course I know if there are any rooms for rent. I am Jaxon, the son of the tavern owner after all. Our best room the Royal Blue is currently reserved for the greenhaired lady, a female stranger paid for the Black Dragon room for a month in advance, but all the other rooms are for rent." Jaxon looked FlowerOwl up and down as if he tried to guess which room she could afford, then he continued: "You look like a nice lady, I will give you the White Dragon room. It is clean and comfortable plus it costs only 10 coins per night. Deal?"

Edited by Isirion

FlowerOwl replied,"What is the room that is one coin less and the room that is one coin more, assuming that there are rooms of those prices? Either that or the next lowest pricing room to the White Dragon room and the next highest pricing room to the White Dragon room." FlowerOwl had some time to waste since they couldn't do any related to herbs or other plant life right now since it to late. And laying in a bed for a couple of hours seemed a bit boring. Plus, if she were to stay here ever again; she might as well know a couple of choices of rooms.

Meanwhile,

Lunaspeeria was walking over towards the vampire hatchling. She didn't feel like she needed to run, after all, it was just a vampire hatchling. She knew that the vampire hatchling was approaching the two females and the black thing. She still couldn't make out what the black thing was, but she was asuming that was what the vampire hatchling was going to.

Edited by FlowerOwl

Jaxon moved his fingers as if he was counting something before he gave his answer: "The cheapest room we have is the Nocturne room. It is small and dark and has no view over the lake therefore it only costs 4 coins per day. For 6 coins you can stay in the much bigger Horse Dragon room. It is near the dragon stables and smells a bit, but if you like to have your dragons as near as possible to you, this is the room you want. If you want to have a room a little bit higher up, I recommend the Gray Dragon room. It is on the first floor and costs 8 coins per day. The White Dragon room I offered you is right next to it and contains a lot of healing equipment if you or your dragons are hurt. On the second floor is the Red Dragon room: It is a special room for owners that carry eggs around with them. The temperature in this room can be regulated to incubate eggs. Of course this feature makes it quite expensive. Per night it costs 15 coins." The boy seemed to calculate something again, but was interrupted by the angry sound of a man's voice: "Where the hell has my wine casket gone Candy? I know that I had put it right here on the shelf yesterday!" A sweet voice countered the angry voice almost immediately: "I did not take it Ale, besides, you drink to much wine anyway. Be glad it disappeared." The angry voice now sounded less angry: "Ah, I know you are right Candy, but still..." As the angry voice had faded, Jaxon had totally forgotten, what he had been talking about and cursed loudly: "Damn that thieving ghost! Almost every night something disappears: Food, blankets, matresses, hay, chickens, torches, more food, plates and now even my dad's alcohol! I've had it. Tonight I will set up a trap!"

Edited by Isirion

"Uh," FlowerOwl started but then decided to act like the whole thing didn't happen. I'll search for an answer after I get to my room, She thought, It'll be something to do tonight. "Could I just get a list of the rooms and their prices please? It sounds like you're... Busy."

The boy jerked his head towards FlowerOwl and forced a smile on his lips, then he said: "Busy...yes...I am sorry, if you go through the entrance you will reach the dining area. On the left side there is a room list and a bell you should ring if you have decided. If my mum does not react just knock on the door to the kitchen area. The stairs to the rooms on the first floor are on the right side. But before you enter the house you should drop off your dragons at the stables so I can test my newest food creation on them!" The last sentence Jaxon had said with a genuine smile.

Edited by Isirion

"Ok then, just one question before I go. Is this 'food' appropriate for hatchlings?" FlowerOwl gestured towards her dragons. Then she said before he could reply,"I'll go check out the list while you go check out of the food is safe." Then she started to walk off figuring that the boy still needed to check out the food and he'd be a bit busy for a little while.

Once reaching the dining area, FlowerOwl almost immediately saw the list in the left side of the room; just like the boy said. FlowerOwl read through the list a couple of times before deciding that the White Dragon room would be best for her, it was either that or the Gray Dragon room. She decided to go outside to see what the boy was up to now.

Edited by FlowerOwl

As FlowerOwl returned she found the little girl in the frilled dress sitting on the grass and sobbing a lot. One of her knees seemed to bandaged, the other one she held tightly, as if she had somehow managed to hurt it because she had stumbled over something in the short grass. Jaxon totally ignored her whining and was lying outstretched on the grass holding out an odd-looking fruit. The vampire hatchie and the black thing, that turned out to be a Dark Myst Pygmy, were sitting right in front of him, nostrils flared and sniffing eagerly at the fruit ready to take a big bite out of it...

Edited by Isirion

Sappo was confused. That strange looking thing in Jaxon's hand smelled quite intense and somehow, although it was not an insect, it smelled like a very delicious one. Maybe he should try a bite...

Alzira was really peeved this time. Sappo had shreddered her favourite leather bag- quite an accomplishment to tell the truth. She wanted to scold the little bugger so that he might not ever .... what was she thinking? Such a thing wouldn't prevent anything like that. "But I will feel a bit better", she grumbled to herself. Then she saw the little hoodlum sniffing on a strange fruit. He was already drooling.... She had to do something! So she took the torn bag, aimed and slung it, not to well to be true, but it was effective anyway.

The impact startled Sappo away from the fruit. Jaxon was startled as well, he was the one who got hit.

Alzira didn't notice that, she was all eyes for Sappo. Her anger already forgotten she softly cooed so that he might come to her. Sappo was still irritated but the intense smelling thing was off his mind and he remembered the leathery thing again. Because of his remorse and Alziras' calming voice he plodded to her. Finally in her care again she scolded him quietly. She knew that he understood her very well, but he usually decided to ignore her.

Finally Alzira noticed Jaxon holding his arm. "I'm so sorry! I did't want to hurt you, but I had to get Sappo away. He can't eat any fruit! He really gets sick from that stuff!", she tried to explain.

Edited by Alzira

Jaxon grinned and flexed his arm-muscles, then he said with a self-assuring voice: "No permanent damage done. As I am not a crybaby like my sister Whiny I wont even complain about the bruise. I hope YOU don't complain about the fruit. Especially not to my mother, because if she hears about the fruit she will know that I have ventured deep into the forest again, even if she had told me not too." The boy picked up the traitorous fruit before the vampire hatchie could try it's luck taking a bite out of it and stuffed it deep into his trouser pocket, then he told Alzira to gather up her things and follow him into the tavern. Alzira patted Susurro gently on the head before she asked him to make himself comfortable at the dragon stables, then she tightened her grip on Sappo and went after Jaxon. Indoors the boy shouted a greeting and an explanation to his parents, then he lead Alzira to the stairs and climbed them up until he reached the first floor. He paused a few seconds to wait for Alzira, then he sprinted up the stairs to the second floor and positioned himself in front of a wooden door that was beautifully decorated with coloured carvings of Royal Blue Dragons. Jaxon inhaled deeply, then he said in a voice that suggested that he was at least ten years older and secretly owned the place: "May I ask the honorable lady Alzira and her famous finger-biting dragon to enter the Royal Blue room and make themselves comfortable while I call my servant Whiny to investigate if today's dinner is already prepared." With this words he procured an enormous key from his other trouser pocket and inserted it into the lock of the door. With a pompous gesture he unlocked the door, threw it open and following that also threw a tantrum: "NO!...NO!...NO!...NOT AGAIN!...THAT DAMNED GHOST!...ALL THE DRAGON CASHMERE BLANKETS GONE...GONE AGAIN! EVERY LAST OF THEM!!! RAAAAHHHH!!!"

Edited by Isirion

FlowerOwl had watched the boy from the door for a while. After he went inside with the green haired lady and her Pymgy, she went over to her dragons.

"Now go inside." FlowerOwl said. She must be tired, Lunaspeeria thought before going into the stables as the hatchling went inside. FlowerOwl usually didn't sound like that, it was definitely correct that she was tired.

They arrived where the list had been. Right next to it was a bell, which FlowerOwl pressed right after she saw it.

Edited by FlowerOwl

The ringing of the bell sounded a bit like the roar of a dragon, if, supposedly the dragon had a sore throat. Still, there was no reaction to the ringing sound if you ignored the whining little voice that came from behind FlowerOwl's back and stated: "That bell is sooo annoying, I wish the thieving ghost would steal that."

On the second floor of the Sleeping Dragon tavern

Jaxon seemed to be a bit out of breath because of his outbreak and needed to lean himself against the doorframe before he put the key into Alzira's Sappo-free-hand. Then he said with a weak smile: "Now I have to run down that damned stairs again to fetch some old blankets; just take your time to look at everything as long as it's still there!"

Edited by Isirion

Alzira was really tired after today's events. She was already dreaming of taking a bath after dinner, when she was startled by Jaxon's lament. Back in reality she noticed what had happened: She was grasping a key and staring at beds witout blankets. "Don't worry about the blankets, I still have some spare blankets", she managed to tell Jaxon.

Nevertheless she looked around more closely. First she noticed that the whole room was literally designed around the Royal Blue dragon's colour scheme: The wooden beds were made of silverbeech with wonderful comfortable looking matresses and missing blankets. Then seperated by a wide arch she could take a peek into the kitchen, which had nearly everything she dreamed of. There was a large area for preparing food, a medium sized sink with a drain that led outside, a barrel of fresh water and a small oven. On top of that there were some cupboards, where Alzira presumed the pots, cups and dishes.

Next to the cooking area she saw another door. She opened it and couldn't believe her eyes. A large tub, positioned in the middle of the room was already steaming with hot water! Right next to it she saw two copper pipes coming from the floor. She didn't know what this was but she thought she remembered reading something about heat and water improvements. Maybe this was such a thing.

Finished staring at this luxurious furnishing, she was lost for words. She didn't expect that much... "I.. I can't possibly take this room! This is ... wonderful! The finest I've ever seen!..."

Sappo stirred. Alzira's stutter had woken him. He squinted around sleepily.

Interrupted by his movement Alzira's focus was shifted. There was still something she wanted to ask Jaxon: "May I see the fruit you offered Sappo? He usually ignores every plantlike food. Just once he ate a piece of fruit and he got ill. I remember there was a real fat maggot inside, he seemed to smell that. Maybe this time it was the same?"

Edited by Alzira

Jaxon's bad mood because of the missing blankets was gone almost in an instant. He fished out the odd-looking fruit from his trouser pocket and prodded it exitedly. The fruit made a squishy sound and one of the odd bumps on it's outside seemed to shift. The boy grinned all over his face and this time prodded the bump until it exploded. Out of it fell a really fat, orange-coloured maggot, that now wriggled frantically on the high-polished floor boards. Jaxon almost trodded on the maggot in excitement as he asked: "Wow - I have never seen one of this colour. Do you have any idea what it is?"

Edited by Isirion

"I don't know", she told the boy. She was a bit disgusted by the thought of maggots inside fruits.

The second the fruit broke open Sappo instantly jumped down next to the wriggling thing. It smelled irresistible. He was still a bit unsure because suddenly he remembered the flying leathery thing and decided to look at Alzira first. She slightly nodded although this happened rather unknowingly. Sappo took this as confirmation and before anybody could decide differently the maggot was gone, all that stayed was a happy munching Myst Pygmy.

Alzira picked up the remains, opened one of the windows and threw it out. Finally she perceived the magnificent view across the lake, especially at afternoon this was a sight she decided to capture in one of her pictures. She could see where the tavern got its name, the lake looked intriguingly like a sleeping dragon, a blue one with shimmering scales at the moment. What the heck, she would start this instant, as long as the light was right!

Edited by Alzira

In the meantime on the ground floor of the Sleeping Dragon tavern

Neither FlowerOwl's ringing nor Whiny's complaining had had the desired effect. As still nobody reacted to the ringing of the bell FlowerOwl had to ring again and so Whiny had a reason to complain again: "Stooop ringing that annoying bell, my mother won't come faster because she is a bit..." Whiny sure wanted to say something impolite about the stature of her mother, but she stopped dead because at that moment said mother came out of the kitchen; her more than roomy figure completely blocking out the light.

Edited by Isirion

FlowerOwl hadn't noticed Candy yet. She was to busy ringing the bell you could say. FlowerOwl was having a very nice time ringing it. She started to ring it in patterns when she was bored. She even let her vampire hatchling press it, or to be more pacific, squishing it with her feet. Then of course, she noticed that Whiny wasn't whining anymore and turned.

"Oh, hi," FlowerOwl said with a light red covering her cheeks,"I'm so sorry about that, I just went... Uh, crazy with the bell I guess." Then she picked up her vampire hatchling so it couldn't start pressing the bell again anymore. If anyone were to look at Candy for the first time, they would probaly see her 'biggest' feature first then the ret.

Edited by FlowerOwl

Candy smiled a smile almost as sweet as all the candy stuff she must have eaten to gain her nickname and her stature, then she said in a voice like honey: "Welcome to the Sleeping Dragon; not that anyone could really sleep with all the ringing you did, but I don't mind. On the opposite: I appreciate a visitior that is so eager to get a room at my tavern. We did not have visitors for a while now, because they are all scared of the ghosts. There is first the mischievious ghost that is haunting the forest. This ghost throws the weirdest stuff at people, and can you believe it? My own son collects this stuff and says maybe he can make dragon food out of it - like a compensation for all the stuff the other ghost, the thieving ghost that steals almost everything even out of locked rooms!" Now Candy went as red as FlowerOwl before, because she noticed that she was not really saying the things you should say to change a visitor into a paying customer and hastily continued: "But the food I cook makes up for everything. So you want to stay in which room dearie???"

"I'd like the White Dragon room," FlowerOwl said while trying to ignore the ghost statement. "Do you need my coins now, or later?" Then FlowerOwl started to dig into one of her bags, searching for the sack that held her coins. Hearing the soft jingle of them reassured her that she had them. While waiting for a reply she started to pet her vampire hatchling. Glancing back and forth at Whiny and Candy while doing so.