Sundew

Your Activity on DC

I never really come on DC during the school year, because there's so much stuff taking up my time that I don't have time for dragons c:

Have you ever had an inactivity spell, or more than one? Ever quit DC entirely?:

Yes. Pretty much the entire school year. I was off dc and offline for almost 8 months (although I managed to get online often enough to maintain my names). :x

Never quit DC entirely, though.

How do you deal with inactivity?

I scream and bash my head against the wall, obviously.

How would you encourage an inactive user to return to DC?

I wouldn't. If they don't have time for it, or they don't have a passion for collecting, then encouraging them to come back is a waste of time.

How long are you usually inactive for?

3-4 months.

What is it that causes you to lose interest in DC in the first place?

School. Also, I lost interest because I had collected most everything a while ago.

What makes you come back?

I like my pebbles. I'd come back for them. Also, I have a lot of friends on here. I couldn't leave them, if nothing else.

Every couple of months or so, I tend to stray away from DC for about a month. It's not that I lose interest, it's just that it tends to get replaced. Sites like Wajas, Chicken Smoothie, and even YouTube and social networks like Instagram or tumblr seem to do the trick and make me forget about DC. However, I don't fully quit; I try to get on once a week and grab random common eggs from the AP and add them to click sites. They hatch and grow up, but I don't name them and they pile up at the top of my scroll. Then, when I fully come back, I have lots of naming and organizing to do.

This is also something I've done. I will nab a few pebbles and/or ap eggs and forget about them and go back to studying.

Edited by Pink

I go through episodes of being completely enthralled in a game. For about six months it was League of Legends, now it's Dragon Cave.

I've only had one complete hiatus from DC and it was in 2009 (because I missed the Snow Angels and Pumpkin dragons >_>).

As for what I do about inactivity...well, there's really nothing I can do. My interest in games gets resparked for absolutely no reason at all. So I just have to wait for the spark to happen when it happens.

If I'm inactive, the only thing I really do is log in once a week or every few days, just to

make sure I don't lose my names.

It depends on the reason I'm gone. If I disappear because RL interferes with my playing

DC, I'll get back on as soon as I can. But if it's because I've chosen to take a hiatus, I'll

just get back on whenever I feel like it.

I don't thing I've ever really lost interest in DC. There are times I've had issues in RL that

made it impossible for me to play as I usually would. Other times there have been

circumstances under which I made the decision to take a hiatus.

Any drama or issues that might pop up aside, I enjoy the site. I enjoy the site, and I also

have friends whom I've met through DC, so there's that, as well.

Surprisingly, I haven't had a hiatus other than the occasional trip when I don't have access to the internet. I've been playing it consistently for a while now. Probably because I have long term projects I'm working on that require *lots* of dragons and regular breeding.

The forum has always slowed down during summer.

While I'm inactive the only thing I really do is logging in once in a while to make sure I don't lose my account and dragon names.

Depends. But lately I have only been active during events or when I noticed a release that really caught my interest which veeery seldom happens nowadays.

To be honest, there isn't much to do around here aside from catching new eggs. The site hasn't had any major changes in ages (like design, easier navigation, new features, ...) and the events aren't that much fun anymore either. In comparisson to similar sites DC isn't very innovative anymore, and certainly isn't very interactive in terms of gameplay interaction with other players.

Actually, I don't really know myself. I like the dragons I have collected so far, and don't want to lose them, but other than that? Once in a while there is a new dragon release that a I enjoy, and that sparks my interest for a few days again, than I'm back until I leave again for weeks or even months...

I become really active around holidays, and tend to hang around for a while after, but for most of the year, I'm inactive. I check back in periodically and catch new releases that have occurred.

If I'm working on a dragon request, then I'll stay active for much longer than usual. That's always fun and engaging.

I've been a member since '09, and I've just come back from a long hiatus. I'm kinda surprised that so little has changed. Not that I'm complaining, though!

Also, I need a better sig. It needs more general DC stuff and not just a couple of ND-related banners.

Edited by missHPfan2

I made a account in 2010 and then did not play again for 4 years x-x

Hate myself so much for that and missing out on all the CB Holiday dragons!

Got a bit active again in 2014 but still missed the Holiday drops sad.gif

2015 and 2016 is when I really started to be active a lot and now I am on all the time.

I'm even egged locked for a bit but can't stop getting on laugh.gif

My inactivity is well I just had other things going on, got lazy and then forgot qwq

I really like this game so I would always come back for the dragons and the lineages.

And I would encourage an inactive user to return by just telling them they should play biggrin.gif