Sundew

Your Activity on DC

I'm always on DC but not doing much on it.

I catch eggs from the AP and then don't care for them for a while until I bother taking a look and a lot of them are ER. Then I put them in hatcheries and whatnot.

Waiting for the day I catch a CB Metal. Then I'll be on a lot. xd.png

im online a lot, but i dont do anything. recently ive gone through a short break, and im trying to get back on by forcing myself to post a bunch on the forums, and a did a mini-mass breed yesterday lol. i also try to trade a bit to get myself back into things. i faded out of here because of all those annoying end-of-the-year projects. :> time to breed, breed, breed, and post, post, post!

I left for 1.5 year or something, just logging on on Holidays to breed my Holidays and dump them in the AP. I knew I would be away for Christmas and would miss the release, so I found it was just pointless to continue playing if I couldn't make holidays anyway...

I came back a few months ago because I was bored. Not sure how long I'll be active because my scroll is almost complete and it's getting frustrating and boring to stalk the cave for what I still need (they're commons supposedly, just never pop up).

So... I don't know. I guess I'll keep playing on and off. Holidays will probably frustrate me into quitting again though, especially as I will need the last two plus the new one... so I'll need 2 eggs of each. Ugh.

Usually my inactivity entails me only coming on once a week to breed, or simply visiting my scroll but not doing anything (too many named dragons to lose them, darnet!). I usually go inactive because I either a) get bored or cool.gif get annoyed at something cave-related.

Sometimes I get bored because of all the repetition. Catch eggs, breed eggs, name and describe dragons, repeat. I take a break until I get excited and then I come back.

As for the annoyance thing... the closest I ever came to flat-out quiting DC was from Christmas '09 to Valentine's Day '10. I am an obsessive collector. My goal in DC is to get adults of every dragon. But two things happened in that time period that permanently crippled my ability to ever get every dragon: Christmas '09's colors are scroll-specific and Alt Valentines don't breed true. I was really disappointed and felt that it ruined the 'everyone can have everything if they work hard enough' spirit that had made me favor DC over other adoptables sites in the first place.

I always come back in the end, though. What can I say--the dragons are cute! Plus I'm rather proud of my scroll and would like to always keep it up to date and valuable, both by catching new releases and stocking up on rares.

I stopped playing DC for a while, around Dec 10 - May 11. The christmas contest stressed me out -- but I came back and didn't regret it. :3 Well, I did regret missing a CB rosebud but hey, what can ya do.

A little inactivity is good every once in a while I think. Helps you not get tired of the game so quickly.

The fact that I'm really close to finishing my scroll keeps me coming back. Just CB commons to raise and PBs to breed. And CB metals to catch of course, I might not be done with that for a long time... the better to keep me on DC then! hah!

I played for about six months (2010), got bored, quit for... eh, three months? (logged in occasionally, but saw no obvious interest in it, thus not being able to grab the '10 vals), the Marrows were my first Holiday release, and it all spiraled into 100% activity for me from that point on. I basically took a huge break in 2011. 2011 was not a good dc year for me. I got mad at everyone, thought most of the people who played were all dunderheads, and didn't enjoy the game the way I wanted to. Sometime back in 2010 (probably /really/ early 2011 for me), I got interested in lineages and was drawn back, only to fall into a total lapse as you read above. Took a break yet /again/ and am now back until I get 500, and holiday events. (Easter doesn't' count because it's such a minor event to me and I am busy).

I went inactive a while ago. Not sure how long it was...maybe a month or two.

But I haven't been inactive since then.

I don't hang out in the cave as much as I used to. Now it's more like I pop in once in a while, check out the AP, check on scroll, and leave.

Sometimes I only log in to keep the names, maybe picking up a few random eggs.

What makes me go on hiatus most is that I become frustrated with the size of my scroll. I simply lose overview, can't find the dragons I need and it takes ages to make sure I breed those that are supposed to be bred. We really do need more sorting options or tabs.

Right after that comes the frustration of not catching what I need. And I don't mean CB Golds. Just normal, ordinary dragons that take me ages to get because the biomes are always blocked.

But then there are new dragons released or I remember all the work I put into my scroll and I come back xd.png

I've never left since I joined. I check the game every day and always have eggs. I've been a little more lazy lately though, mostly since I have every breed of dragon and don't really know what to do with myself anymore LOL. New releases fix that though.

I have had a few periods of time - when the frames fiasco broke the fan sites, when my computer was not being cooperative - that I've slowed down. I still logged in enough to keep my dragons' names, though.

I've actually have frequent breaks with Dragon Cave, only because I never found the time during school x)

But since readng the last book of the Inheritance Cycle (a.k.a Eragon series), I've been loving dragons, and Dragon Cave has been the perfect solution for my obsession <3

I actually come here every day or at least every 2nd day. I always have growing eggs or hatchlings here, but my gold trophy capacity is never fully used. My only (short) period of inactivity was maybe 3 weeks in the time the trio came out, and I've been active since then.

I've been active since I first joined in Feb '09 except for the week of my yearly vacation. For one week out of the year, I go to the mountains and have no internet access.

I joined DC almost a year ago (my oldest dragon hatched on July, 1st 2011) and never had an inactive time so far.

It happened that I was not home for some days, but I never thought "I have to take a break"

There are sometimes moments when I think it gets boring, usually when I don't manage to catch a rare egg for quite a while, but that never lasts long.

Most of those question do not apply to me, but I am struggling to keep my interest in the site since it has miserably failed to fix the issue. Hence, I doubt I will be active for much longer.

I joined in May '11 (I think? At least, my earliest dragons are from then...) but never actually noticed the forum. Considering I have a really short attention span, I forgot what I meant to be working towards so stopped playing after June.

And then around Christmas last year, I suddenly remembered I had an account and that DC had Christmas events.

Then I went inactive for another few months, missing the Valentine's day & Easter event.

But then a few weeks ago, I logged on and noticed a forum and the fact that my dragons had lost their names... I'm actually a lot more dedicated to the site now.

There was one time when I was inactive, right around the time of the lagmonster a couple years back. I'm not sure how long it was, but only a couple of months.

These days, whenever I'm done collecting all the new releases, sometimes I don't collect anything at all (meaning NOTHING growing up on my scroll) but still check the website.

I was slightly inactive around the time of the latest new release, as my boyfriend does not have wifi I never bothered to go on. But one time I got on and heard about the new release, I was upset that I wasn't on until a few days after the release. So I've been on every day since then.

How do you deal with inactivity? I guess I don't really realize I've been inactive till I come back.

How would you encourage an inactive user to return to DC? I don't think I would do that, it's their choice, and this is a game, not a job.

How long are you usually inactive for? I'm usually inactive for weeks to months, but I always come back.

What is it that causes you to lose interest in DC in the first place? Well my longest Hiatus was with the advent of the biomes. I was gone since their premiere, and just came back recently. I don't really like them, but I know the majority does.

What makes you come back? I usually come back for the holidays, I love new releases. smile.gif Call me crazy, but I like to get new eggs, and I like the only thing that would hold me from them are my clicking skills (which aren't too bad! xd.png)

There has been a select few times I have been inactive, the longest had to be somewhere in 2009 to mid 2011. Of course I lost my dragon's names so I had to go through and name a whole bunch (what seemed to me as a whole bunch at the time). I make sure to come back now if I am slightly less interested in DC to preserve the names (which is also because I am lazy tongue.gif).

There is no real cause, it just happens. Like someone mentioned earlier, MMORPGs are can also be a cause. I take breaks by going to DC nowadays though.

What makes me come back is new releases and holidays. Ever since my huge hiatus I have vowed to never miss a holiday as it has permanently crippled my goals. New releases are always interesting, I never know, the next dragon may become a new favorite. smile.gif

I don't remember having a true inactivity spell since I started. I had one split die back in 2009 sometime because my computer died and I couldn't get on to ER, but that's the only real incident that comes to mind. Otherwise, I think I've been fairly consistent with my gameplay. I mainly stick around to hoarde horses, since I adore them to the extreme. I have been since they came out and I'm still not tired of it.

Have you ever had an inactivity spell, or more than one? Ever quit DC entirely?

It was for about 5-6 months in 2008 when I wasn't online nearly as often as now. I think I signed in about 2 or 3 times. During that break, I would check in with Pa Tone to see what was new with DC. There was never a decision to quit, but I just was not interested... I think. It was so long ago that I don't really remember the particular reason.

How do you deal with inactivity?

That never bothers me. I pretty much check my dragons and the forum too often.

How would you encourage an inactive user to return to DC?

Create a new goal for yourself on DC. It has never been about dragon numbers for me. The trophies and extra breeding slots were a lovely little bonus, but I just loved collecting dragons and breeding them. I definitely needed multiple breeds and multiple of each gender for that.

How long are you usually inactive for?

I'm always active.

What is it that causes you to lose interest in DC in the first place?

I actually have no memory of what what made me lost interest. When I first joined in January of '08, having my first 4 eggs die (since spamming Gaiaonline was the main way of hatching an egg/growing a baby at the time), was definitely a turn off. I think it was actually real life things that were getting in the way, later on, which made me stop checking on my dragons and realize that DC wasn't a regular part of my life.

What makes you come back?

I missed my Dragons, and found it difficult to find another online game that required such little action on my part (other than 24 hour vigilance on holidays), since I don't have the heart for anything else.

ETA: I remember something now. There have been numerous times that I have been turned off by the forum and disappeared. The only thing that brought me back was a release.

Edited by DeathCry

Yes, right after I first joined, I vanished for I think more than a year or two. Since my return I've done my best to stay active on the site, though there were a couple times where I had eggs die because I neglected to keep an eye on them and make sure they got enough views.

How do you deal with inactivity?

I went inactive before because I found myself getting bored with the site. Nowadays I like to visit the forum, think of eggs and other things for myself to collect. I want to make sure I have some way to keep my interest in my dragons! I don't want to have to name them all again!

How would you encourage an inactive user to return to DC?

I have a friend who had left the site a while after I did. I think he'd gotten bored with it much like I did. He returned after I announced one of the holiday events had begun. He's been pretty active since then. I even bred a few eggs for him when he couldn't manage to catch something.

How long are you usually inactive for?

Like I said before, I vanished for a year or two the first time. Nowadays I'm not inactive ever, but a few months back I would vanish for a week or two at a time.

What is it that causes you to lose interest in DC in the first place?

Usually, its because I'm in the aftermath of a new release. My new dragons have grown up, and I end up trying to think about what I can do with my dragons now.

What makes you come back?

Right now, its new releases. I want to collect all the dragons I can now! I have an overall goal of collect all the dragon sprites possible (outside the zombies and neglected dragons- I can't bring myself to risk the lives of my babies!). Right now I only have 4 more dragons to go before I've reached that goal. I also want 50 red dragons, a few more pinks, and as many CB spitfires as I can get my hands on! After that, who knows what I'll do.

I joined DC in September 2008. Since then I've been active most of the time, but never in any kind of obsessive way. Once or twice I got a bit frustrated over not being able to catch eggs I wanted, so I took a break and came back when I felt better about it all. This is why I still only have a silver trophy, but I'm happy. Lately I seem to have better luck at catching eggs, which is why I've become more involved. I think I'm going to take another short break soon, though, just to settle down.

Not really. I joined early in 2009 and kept playing since then, with the occasional holiday break when I don't have connection to the internet.

How do you deal with inactivity? If I lose interest, I keep myself busy with taking unwanted eggs from the AP, hatching them and returning them to the AP. Then, if something like a release happens, I pick up hunting and breeding again.

How would you encourage an inactive user to return to DC? I think it's their decision - there's hardly anything I could do.

How long are you usually inactive for? Well, 1-2 weeks, depending on the holidays.

What is it that causes you to lose interest in DC in the first place? If I'm almost done completing the sets of the current breeds and have nothing else to do xd.png

What makes you come back? Dragons tongue.gif Well, and it's the least complicated online game I know and of course the releases of new beautiful dragons^^

Every couple of months or so, I tend to stray away from DC for about a month. It's not that I lose interest, it's just that it tends to get replaced. Sites like Wajas, Chicken Smoothie, and even YouTube and social networks like Instagram or tumblr seem to do the trick and make me forget about DC. However, I don't fully quit; I try to get on once a week and grab random common eggs from the AP and add them to click sites. They hatch and grow up, but I don't name them and they pile up at the top of my scroll. Then, when I fully come back, I have lots of naming and organizing to do.