Zaxian

Diablo

level 20 and server restarts!

I'm having the same problems too. For goodness sake, I spent $60 for this game and I can't play it. mad.gif

Ooh, just had a go installing it on my work machine - it's just about playable on lowest settings (it's waaay over min-spec CPU and RAM, but it's only got a Nvidia Quadro NVS 295, so struggling with the graphics). So I get to play it at lunchtime at work too >:D Bwuahahahaha! More Diablo for me!

Only managed to get to level 18 so far, mostly because I've also created all my other chars (I'm going to play all classes eventually!) and I've been distributing good gear I find on my main to them biggrin.gif ... Anyone else come across the cow level reference yet?

In the open beta I found something which lead me to information for the Sekrit Level. Some people have already found it--I don't want to give it away, but it looks like it will be hilarious. Maybe not on the same level as cows with halberds saying Moo, MOO! but still.

I found Writ's Leg! This makes me a happy little gamer.

I finally got my CE yesterday. What a fantastically spiffy neato cool box full of shinies that is.

I got my wizard through Act I, but he's only level 15, so I think I will take him back through part of it again to get a bit more leveling goodness before going too far in Act II.

Being online for single player wasn't too bad, until the evening. Seriously, I should not have to deal with 3500+ latency (at its highest) for a single player game. Soooo sloooooow. Somehow it didn't kill me, but it was close a few times.

I was lvl 16 for act 2, so 16 shouldn't be too bad

tell us your battle tag, and you will no longer be playing a single player game!

Edited by Layn

But I want to play single player. Provided it is absolutely understood that this is the case and that very very occasionally I might play multiplayer, you can PM me if you want it. I'm not going to post it all over the place so just anyone can get it, especially since the dingbats at Blizzard decided not to add an "Offline" status to their social functions. What braintrust there thought that was a good idea?

it's possible to set your party so no one can randomly drop in on you without an invitation...

That's how I've got it set up, though I'm sure the couple of people I have added wouldn't just jump in on me without asking first. At least, I hope they wouldn't.

Of course, that's still not "Offline" status, which is useful for a lot of reasons well beyond just not having uninvited guests dropping into one's single-player games.

Meh. I kinda wish I could play the game, but:

A: My computer is a piece of censorkip.gif.

B: My internet is equally censorkip.gif tty.

So yeah. sad.gif

I actually think the uninvited guests are funny. Particularly because most of them say "oops" and then leave again.

I'll probably be up for some multiplayer at some point (if only to get the achievements, heh) once I've played through the story at least once. Especially now I've 'fixed' the intermittent connection drop-outs I was getting - it seems that our router panics and resets itself if the wireless interference gets too bad, like, every 20-50mins or so. Even if you've got it set to one channel and are using a wired connection. Turning off wireless completely fixes it :S

Being online for single player wasn't too bad, until the evening. Seriously, I should not have to deal with 3500+ latency (at its highest) for a single player game. Soooo sloooooow. Somehow it didn't kill me, but it was close a few times.

Try turning off p2p. It's in options before you click "Play". I've had no lag so far (over an hour of playing so far).

Edit: INstalled, playing. Always tanked this game myself, so I've got the Barbarian. HULK SMASH!!!!

I was going barb, but everyone says they're bad right now. Luckily, I'm only at Nightmare Act 3. They need buffs, and some of the skills are just lame. 2 minute cool down? WTF.

level 46, and my collector's edition arrived! Now all my armor is dyed white... for free! and I have angel wings!

Try turning off p2p. It's in options before you click "Play". I've had no lag so far (over an hour of playing so far).

I never had it on. Before I even launched the game, I turned P2P off. Hasn't helped a bit. Yesterday(?) on the official forums, they were collecting trace routes and everyone who reported excessive latency posted trace route logs that pretty much all died in the same place, so it looks like it's upstream. Don't know if that place it crashed was Blizzard or in between me and Blizzard.

ETA: That said, the latency has been much better today. Probably not what it should be, but also not 3 1/2 seconds.

Edited by Princess Artemis

I was going barb, but everyone says they're bad right now. Luckily, I'm only at Nightmare Act 3. They need buffs, and some of the skills are just lame. 2 minute cool down? WTF.

I admit there's some of the skill set I'm not interested in at all. Took one look on the level-up and stuck with what I already had. That said the class *is* pretty good, in my opinion as a tank player. Plays in a very similar way to the Barbarian of D2 biggrin.gif Little non-plussed by how whirlwind now works, though, I gotta say. It's a hold the button down for the time you want it to last jobbie, and in D2 it was one click and hope for the best. More controlable now, perhaps, but less fun.

I admit there's some of the skill set I'm not interested in at all. Took one look on the level-up and stuck with what I already had. That said the class *is* pretty good, in my opinion as a tank player. Plays in a very similar way to the Barbarian of D2  Little non-plussed by how whirlwind now works, though, I gotta say. It's a hold the button down for the time you want it to last jobbie, and in D2 it was one click and hope for the best. More controlable now, perhaps, but less fun.

All the classes are good before Inferno Act 2. From the QQing in the forums, it seems that you need to kite to beat that difficulty which makes melee obsolete, though I think the monk can do an okay job if the pack isn't that hard. The monk needs to be nerfed. xd.png

It makes sense, though. Blizzard said it wasn't going to be easy. If it's hard, then there's no reason to think the melee class would do well unless you assume it's possible to get gear that trivializes the difficultly. From what I've read, this doesn't seem to be the case.

What I don't like about the barbarian is the options. I didn't fiddle around a whole lot, but I noticed that picking the defensive stuff like the war cries and non-fury spenders made the barbarian more efficient. The only problem is that damage is lacking when I need to take out the ones with a ton of hps. So yeah... no fury spenders... did better. xd.png

Strolling a wizard now. I thought lag would be an issue for the range class when kiting, but it's actually easier than I thought with the abilities that they have.

I could care less what they can do in Inferno. I already know they made that stupid hard, and stupid hard isn't what I'm interested in in a game! Nintendo hard occasionally...

Remarkably, even with absurd latency, my wizard only got lag-killed once. That was on Normal. But the absurd latency has been better the last two days, so I am hoping that's done with.

I likes my wizard. I also really like the skills being switchable the way they are--it's nice being able to figure out what plays best for me and have it actually work. Of course there are some wizard skills I have absolutely no interest in, but someone else who wants to play a wizard at medium range might want them.

Hell difficulty is unlocked, and Act 1 has been beaten. Now I'm going back and getting another level or two in Act 1 before starting Act 2.

I hated enemies with Charged Bolt in Diablo 2 and I hate them still in Diablo 3. That is all.

ETA: I just defeated an alot.png. Bahahaha.

Oh snap! Wizards, DH's and monks got nerfed already. No more abusing game mechanics. Right when I'm about to get into the last difficulty....

I likes my wizard. I also really like the skills being switchable the way they are--it's nice being able to figure out what plays best for me and have it actually work. Of course there are some wizard skills I have absolutely no interest in, but someone else who wants to play a wizard at medium range might want them.

I find many of the skills not nearly as useful as some others. I use arcane orb w/ tap the source and venom or arcane hydra.

Wizards were nerfed? Where does it say this DX

I don't think I've ever abused any game mechanics, what mechanics were being abused?

Edited by Layn

Wizards were nerfed? Where does it say this DX

I don't think I've ever abused any game mechanics, what mechanics were being abused?

Force armor low HP build. You can no longer stack HP regen for instant full health gain and invulnerability. I haven't seen it in game, but you can easily die from DoT attacks. However, if it's other attacks, you need to be hit like 4 times at once to die. In inferno, this is really good because trash can even take down people with 50k HPs. xd.png

As for the others, demon hunters had their ridiculously overpowered preparation and smokescreen combo nerfed. Monks got 3 nerfs. lol

Edit: Here's the list of recent changes

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/Di...-5_23_2012#blog

Btw, the game seems so centered around the RMAH. Blizzard will probably just post their own epic items on the RMAH without a soul knowing.

Edit: It seems like the wizard critical mass build has gone without a change still, though. That's suppose to be good.

Edited by Alpha1

Seems like people were being clever. But since it's a single-player to 4-player co-op game, it shouldn't matter much if some people decide to use certain mechanics or not. It's not like that affects the rest of us playing our single player or max 4 player co-op game.

Oh wait...selling gear is part of the game now, so I guess they don't want people having an unintended advantage that way. Wish they hadn't put in an auction house at all.

Anyhow, I'm not touching the RMAH with a ten-foot cattle prod. I thought about it before, but then decided...ah, no.

I'm playing a wizard and while I'm not high enough to have Force Armor, I know I wouldn't use it that way. Too much of a pain to get the equipment to support it.