Rallis

Favorite Game Quotes

My favorite game quote involved a description in Scribblenauts before a puzzle. It was the longest description in the entire game.

It went like this:

"Did you know I drink about five cups of coffee per day? It's true. But I don't need to go to a fancy place. Nope, just give me an old cafe and a cup of joe and I'm set. Not saying I don't like fancy places. But that's just like choosing a good steakhouse. Anything's good. Unless you're a vegetarian, but if so, then you wouldn't really have much use for a steak. 'To each his own' my dad used to say. If everyone stuck to the Golden Rule, life would be wonderful."

I played the adventure repeatedly, just to read the opening description.

Duke Nukem Forever had some quotes that would make me laugh. tongue.gif

Games from the Gears of War series had great dialogue as well. cool.gif

I have so many quotes from HetaOni...

"To the me who lives at some point in time and who isn't alone..."

"So this is what it feels like to lose a friend"

"When that burger eating maniac feigning sleep wakes up, tell him no one said there only has to be one hero!!"

"After I leave, this place won't the same anymore, you know that?! As a nation, I'll destroy this place! Doesn't that make you upset?! I am your last trophy after all! You lost to the guy whose only redeeming feature is his fast feet!!"

"I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't come back and help my little brother!"

And this is only in the v. 6 English demo of the game by Pianodream: "What did we told you?! You can't eat them! They are Super Toasts!"

Oh Skyrim....

"Was it Molag? No, no... Little Tim, the toymaker's son? The ghost of King Lysandus? Or was it... Yes! Stanley, that talking grapefruit from Passwall."

"But only half right. I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."

My friend started cracking up when he kept listening to Sheogorath talk. I heard the one about the grapefruit and before I knew it, my friend said I often acted like Sheogorath a lot xd.png I still enjoy that man's sentences!

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."

Oh really now? I never would have guessed.... now shut up!! (the guard said that about six times in a row to which he promptly said:) "So, you think you're some big shot Alchemist heh? Why don't you go brew me an Ale."

I'm not even an Alchemist xd.png

I also like what the Fletcher in solitude says when you ask for arrows that can slay a dragon. "Why of course. And will you also be needing the bow that shoots rainbows? Or perhaps a quiver that dispenses beer?"

"I got to thinking... maybe I'm the dragonborn and I just dont know it yet." (sure you are)

Some old couple I found.

Wife: "We walked all that way to see a wedding and didn't even make it on time, now my shoes are ruined!"

Husband: "Your shoes?! We've had our gold stolen by bandits, my clothes torn to shreds by a giant cat, our bodyguard eaten by a dragon, and you're worried about your shoes?!"

Wife: "I swear, when we get back to Cyrodiil I'm hiring a battalion of battlemages to come back here and set fire to the entire province!"

and that last one... for now...

"M'iaq doesn't see what the big deal about shouting is. M'iaq can shout whenever he wants."

"Got it memorized?" - Axel from kingdom hearts

"My friends are my power!" - Sora and Ventus from kingdom hearts(I dunno if I got this right)

"You make a good other." - Roxas from kingdom hearts

GLaDOS: [Chell and GLaDOS, as a potato, are flying toward Wheatley, into a trap] Aaaah!

[On a platform, surrounded with spiked stompers] Well, this is the part where he kills us.

Wheatley: Hello! This is the part where I kill you!

[On-Screen caption: Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You]

[Achievement unlocked: The Part Where He Kills You (This is that part.)]

xd.png I found that amusing.

Bonus: The track that plays when the chapter starts is named "The Part Where He Kills You".

:V

Edited by Lythiaren

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who say they have found it." - Caithe, Guild Wars 2

"Everyone bleeds. Even stone has a heart, and it can be found if you know how to cut deeply." - Eir Stegalkin, Guild Wars 2

"Smell ya later!",from pokemon Pearl,Diamond and Platinum.It wasn't meant to be funny...

Another Portal 2 one...I've never actually played the game...but the quote <3

And it has a video smile.gif

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ~Cave Johnson smile.gif

"So, friends are people who have ice cream together?" -Roxas from 358/2

"Ho! I daresay,.... I come into question your sexual orientation!" -First Floor Guardian from Sequence

Another Portal 2 one...I've never actually played the game...but the quote <3

And it has a video smile.gif

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ~Cave Johnson smile.gif

Cave Johnson is awesome laugh.gif

I agree, everything Cave Johnson says is awesome.

My favorite quote of his (and video games as a whole) is probably: "Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men! Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts..."

I just... I absolutely died of laughter when I first heard it. I don't think anything's made me laugh that hard in a long time.

There are probably a lot more quotes I like but I can't remember XD

Edited by Switch

"Enough expository banter! Now, we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... IT IS MORPHING TIME!"

:D

What is it this time? did someone steal your sweet roll?

Skyrim, guard

'You have a very minor case of.. extreme brain damage'

Wheatley <3 Portal 2!

I can't remember the whole quote but it goes somewhat like this

'i have to go clean up 5 acres of broken glass so let's give you the fast version. (says in VERY high speed) now just remember that in slow motion and you should be good'

GlAdOs-portal 2

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

First off, all of Portal Prelude, Portal 1, and Portal 2. xd.png

Then the final boss song from Nightmare Before Christmas- Oogies Revenge

This game is fantastic, all boss fights come with epic music.

I know it's a song, but the lyrics are EPIC and I couldn't just quote one...

Anyways, this song has the same rythme and music as Oogie Boogies song.

Mega Oogie:

Well, well, well

what a pest you are.

Still around? Ooohh,

can't say I like that.

So why don't you just give up, you know, surrender?

Jack Skellington:

It's over, It's over, your scheme was bound to fail.

It's over. Your finished here. Your next stop will be jail.

Mega Oogie:

He mocks me. He fights me. I don't know know which is worse.

I might just split a seam now if I don't die laughing first.

Jack Skellington:

What's this? A trick? I'm not impressed. You're bad and now your tall.

It makes it all the more worthwhile to see a giant fall.

Mega Oogie:

Talk, talk, talk, but I'll tell you, this giant's goin nowhere.

If I were you, I'd take a hike. There's danger in the air.

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Mega Oogie:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Oogie Boogie:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellignton:

Ha, ha, ha!

I'm the only Pumpkin King!

Well I'm feeling angry, and there's plenty left to do.

I've fought your most unwelcome help, and know I'm after you!

Mega Oogie:

Even if you catch me, you could never do me in!

I'm ten stories high and just as strong. Which means I'm gonna win!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Mega Oogie:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Mega Oogie:

Whoa oh oh!

Together:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

I'm the only Pumpkin King.

It's over. Your'e finished. You'll never get away.

You? The Seven Holidays King? That'll be the day!

Mega Oogie

How feeble! How childish! Is that the best you got?

You think that you're a hero, Jack. But I think you are not.

Whoooah!

Now it's time for you to see what it really means to scare.

Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man. Althought I don't play fair.

It's much more fun, I must confess, when lives are on the line.

Not mines of course, but yours old friend, now that'd be just fine.

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Mega Oogie:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

Mega Oogie:

Whoa oh!

Jack Skellington:

Whoa oh!

I'm the only Pumpkin King!

"put a light into a dark corner, and the shadow isntantly vanishes; this should be an easy war" -unknown

"this is not your grave, but you are welcome in it" -gravemind halo-2

Edited by teslakana

'Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!'

Sheogorath, deadric prince of madness.

'no matter how hard you try, i'll try harder.' i forgot his name. evil prince, skyward sword? does it ring a bell for anyone?

"I swear, Morrow, if you ruin the~Censor evasion removed~ groove in MY chair you're a dead man!"

- The Joker in DC Universe Online

Edited by _Z_

From Final Fantasy 8

Quistis: [to Seifer] You're the squad leader. Good luck to you.

Seifer: ...Instructor. I hate it when people wish me luck. Save those words for a bad student that needs them, eh?

Quistis: Okay, then. Good luck, Seifer.

From The World Ends With You

Neku: Alright, now today is gonna totally kick ass! ... Or... is it? Oh no... I can feel my inner-emo stirring... Must... fight... emo... urges...

"Having so many suicidal people around really gets on my nerves"

-Jade; Tales of the Abyss

(When they were complaining about Natalia's cooking skills)

"But the ingredients simply refuse to be cooked well!"

-Nathalia; Tales of the Abyss

I know I already posted, but this needs to be said... Psychonauts. Just Psychonauts.

Housewife G-man: *robotic monotone* "Jerry is a flavor of pie."

Hedge trimmer G-man: *robotic monotone* "I cannot let someone near my hedges who has not been properly trained in the use of the trimmers." *sticks the sharp, pointy trimmers down his throat*

Raz: *cheerfully* "I am a grieving widow!"

It had to be done.

"TINGLE WINGLE KOOLIMPAH!!"

Yeah. I just went there. WHACHUGONDOO? WHACHUGONDOO?!

Achievement Unlocked: Slide down a slide in a horror game.

Hey, even Slendy's got some humor!

And last but certainly not least:

"No lollygaggin'."