shadow2345

The Overlord Test

"Of course, I understand." Lilith replied, "I'm sure we have a lot to sort out in various matters. I shall endevour to bring word to you in 3 days from now as to progress. That message may be delivered by slightly unconventional means. If I do need to send a messenger before then, you'll recognise them by the sign of the snake." So saying, Lilith removed her left sleeve to reveal her tattoo marking to Luna's eyes, before covering it again with her jacket. Of course, Luna would also see part of one of Lilith's wings when she did so, the jacket kept them folded against her back.

Lithark- I nodded after looking at the snake for several more moments to print it into my brain. "Farewell," I said and I jumped out a window and transformed into an owl. I saw Quallor below and flew next to him, seeing some magical thing. "What is this, Quallor?"

He laughed,"This blue 'thing' is what I have been working on, with the help of the other minions that traveled with us, since you left."He paused,"It should be able to teleport one life form to your tower... took alot.png of magic but I managed to make it..." He took a breath,"Go ahead and use it, it will close forever once you use it. Us minions,"He pointed to the other minions that had traveled with me,"Will travel by ourselves back to your tower."

I nodded with approval,"You've always been my favorite minion Quallor. And once the other minions that came with me come back with you we will make a special place for them." I winked and transformed into my mermaid state. Then with a small wave, I jumped into the teleport thing and saw myself right outside of my tower.

Edited by FlowerOwl

(Sure - just thought it might be an idea to have some sort of recognisable seal for any of her messages.)

( Yey - less likely for 'fake' messages tongue.gif )

Following Luna's departure from her tower, Lilith returned to her throne room for the latest report from her Brown's.

"5 kills made.... still unaware of us."

"Excellent." Lilith said, "Get something to eat, then I have a new mission for you."

The Browns left for the kitchens, while Lilith considered her plans. "5 more Blues I think..." she mused. These arrived very quickly, 3 she set to working to convert a small room into a teleport station. The other 2 were going to be used on a small mission. The Brown's returned from the kitchen ready for their next mission.

"Right here's what I want you to do..."

--------mission 1:disappearing people--------

The 5 Brown's and the 2 new Blues approached their first target - a local healer.

Considering the relative stupidity of rural settlements, there were no guards to speak of, so kidnap was easy. The Blues used their magic to ensure the target remained asleep, while 3 Browns carried the healer back to the Tower.

The second target was just a one of the local kids. Again the Blues kept him asleep and the browns carried him back to the Tower, the Blues following behind erasing their path.

Luithark- At my return everyone came outside in six seconds flat. They all bowed and then resumed their positons while Ze and the other Generals explained in full dept what had happened. Then I claimed my seat at my throne and remembered something,"I would like four blues, nine browns, and one red." They appeared a second later and then I commanded,"Ze, lead a group of three blue minions and eleven browns to the nearest orfanage. From your descriptions of the land the nearest should be around fifteen miles away. I would like the blues to put all the children in a trance. Bring all the children back here and killed every adult working there... and clean up your messes so that it will seem like nothing happened... Is that clear?" Ze and some minions nodded, then Ze's group marched out the door but as they closed it I yelled,"And come back here in one hour or before. Remember, children are to be unharmed!!!"

Then they closed the door. I then turned my head to a nearby blue,"You," I pointed at it and it looked up,"See to it that you make a teleport gift for Lilith, and you," I pointed to a Brown,"Go get a snake egg, that will be Lilith's gift... so if I see even a scratch on it.." I covered my neck with my hands and faked choking. They both nodded and then they left. I grinned.

Alexander walked over to the minion bound in chains. The minion appeared confident; not showing fear or doubt. The minion had the audacity to even smile and compliment his forces. "So. Your master requests an alliance?" Alexander asked. "If you speak of the demon, then I pray he is fond pf you blues. Why should I align with him? What benefits me, in anyway. Heaven sends his retched pet to my tower; which attacked me without provocation." Alexander swing his sword at the Blue minion, leaving a large gash across his face. "I will not join with anyone who will only stab me in the back later. If your master wishes to discuss anything, then he should stop hiding behind pets and minions and see me himself." letting his words settle Alexander tureen around and walked back towards his army. "Guard" he said over his shoulder. "Throw him out and let him find his own way back. Take whatever he has on him". The Browns looted the Blue before throwing him out into the wilderness.

"Now, my army." Alexander said calmly, addressing his forces "We move out, and win the day!"

Edited by Mdlier

The blue screamed in agony and fear. He clawed at the guards. "Kill me, for if I fail a fate worse than death is mine!" He screamed at Alexander as he was dragged out. The blue felt himself being released and closed his eyes, muttering spiteful words. He headed toward the gate, getting weaker by the moment. His own blood clouded his eyes, and blinded his mind... or was it the other way around? He couldn't comprehend just yet. He found the tower and walked through it.

Apocalypse saw his messenger return and saw the cut. He chuckled. "What happened?" He asked and stood. He walked toward him expecting decree's of war or death. He was surprised when he was issued a challenge, and more so when he learned his pet had been there. He smiled, where ever Shadow was, trouble always followed. He went to the Hells Gate that brought the minion here and went through it. He had no need of guards, minions were pathetic in that regard anyway. He moved toward the tower. If its master wasn't there... well more supplies were always good.

The minions returned with their targets, who were then placed to rooms that were prepared for them. Then the minions informed Lilith of their success.

Lilith nodded to them and accompanied by a pair of her Guards entered the room with the healer. Lilith used her own magic to bring the healer out of the induced sleep by causing small bursts of pain. This forced the healer's mind to focus and wake up. Panic set in as the healer realised that she was not at home and that there were 2 ugly creatures in the room with her.

Lilith basked in that fear briefly, before speaking,

"These won't harm you, at least, for as long as you are useful to me."

The healer focused on Lilith as she spoke, in her fear, she agreed to help Lilith in whatever way she could. Especially as the minions looked eager to do some hurting.

"Excellent. As a healer, I'm sure you know a lot about natural plants and their uses.

I'd like you to brew some special potions for me...these 2 minions will get whatever you need for them." Explaining what potions she'd like made, Lilith left the room telling the 2 Browns to guard and assist the healer.

Luithark- The minions I had sent off had come back with 93 children, and no babies. Plus a good twenty-six people killed and the mess cleaned. The children were in a trance, swaying or hopping. I smiled,"Bring these children downstairs,"

"Mistress," One Red spoke,"Their is no downstairs under the throne room."

"Then build one!" I cheered and added,"I want 9 Browns, 10 Reds, 4 Greens, and 3 Blues." Those who I just summoned appeared. After those words, all the minions I just summoned ran to go build a downstairs, a large one with many rooms. I grinned, and then said to Ferno,"Send four minions to go ransack this farm," I pointed to a map that was drawned,"Bring back all it's animals alive. That includes all humans there." He ran off to find some minions to do this.

A couple of minutes later the brown I sent out to get a snake egg cane back with a snake egg, with no dirt or anything on it; it looked new. A couple of seconds later the teleport to Lilith was ready and a minion wrapped a vine around it neatly to make it more protected before we sent it off to Lilith.

Edited by FlowerOwl

Alexander's army marched across the land, each minion knowing exactly what was to be done. The army was specifically designed for every needed task, and under the well taught command of the High Minions, the army functioned as well without their master as it did with him. Which was why Alexander was not amongst his army. He had remained at the tower due to a last minute change in plans. He calmly waited standing before his throne, his arms crossed and his expression patient.

The army of minions moved toward Luithark's tower. But, they did not move as one unit. They had long ago split up into dozens of small squads, making for efficient travel. Any and all scouting parties they saw were annihilated without hesitation or casualties, already setting Luithark's army behind on number. The army slowly surrounded the tower, but was careful to remain unseen, even by the best of scouts.

Luithark- I grinned to myself. I had finished my daily goal that I had just assigned myself. I had changed moments ago to a more flexible suit and Quallor and the othe rminions with him came back jut when I finished changing. I decided I would go to bed early, so I sent every minion not doing anything to their defense places. I sighed as I lifted myself into the water bed made for me. Life was good.

Next Lilith moved to the room of the other captive. This time instead of pain, she used a softer method of waking. When he woke and realised his suroundings were unfamiliar, he sat up with a start.

Lilith spoke softly to this one, "Don't be afraid of me... I just wanted a little help. You see I'm new to this area and I would like to know more about my surroundings." Granted she had already got some information from her scouts/ patrols, but local information can always be useful. "You will help me, won't you?"

Slightly charmed by Lilith's unusual hair colouring.... he'd never seen a red head before - he agreed. "Thank you." She smiled at him and then he started to tell her about the area. Including the fact that a barracks from the nearest town occasionally sent soldiers to the villages. "I'm not that fond of them though... they take lads of age back with them to train, some law from what I hear... this year will be my turn.... in a couple of weeks time"

An idea formed in Lilith's head, "Do you know if the others feel the same as you?"

"Most of the parents do... mainly because they don't see their sons again."

"If the opportunity arose and they were capable, would they fight back?"

"Fight the soldiers? Sure if they thought they'd get away with it...."

"Rest here for the night, then I'd like you to ask the weaponmakers in each village to prepare to fight back. I'll see that no retribution comes their way." Lilith got up to leave, then turned back, "Ask your parents if you could stay here and help organise things too. I'll be grateful if you were to help..."

((Looks like Lilith may have an admirer...wonder how long that will last....))

Upon returning to her study, Lilith found a vine wrapped snake egg resting on a cushioned chair. She smiled as she picked it up, knowing that it was from Luna. She quickly ordered the 2 spare Blues to create an enclosure for her new pet.

That done, she placed the egg within the enclosure.

Edited by Takhesis

Apocalypse looked up at the gates. They were closed, but he doubted they were locked. He chuckled and used his power over gravity to push the violently open. He strode into the throne room, his massive bulk fitting in nicely. The room was more then large enough to allow easy movement. He saw a figure on the throne and chuckled. "So you're the one that lived out my Shadow's attacks?" He asked, his voice powerful and resonating through the room. Even during normal conversation he sounded like he was growling, threatening even. He chuckled and blood sprayed from his tattered lips over the ground. "You look pathetic to me" He said. "But still, you have what I desire, and I'm willing to go in peace for alone we both are weaker then we'd be together" He said and moved towards him, uncaring if it made the smaller man uncomfortable. "I, one of the generals of Hells invasion army ask you for an alliance... a temporary one, but an alliance at that" He said and waited.

Luithark- I stirred in my sleep as I heard a loud, thunderous,"Done!" I groaned and got out of bed. I walked downstairs with a frown covering my face.

"What?" I yelled back and the reply was,"We have built half of the downstairs!" I ran to the throne room, and saw hidden in a corner some new stairs leading down. I pushed my way through the children, whom were still in a trace in the throne room, and walked downstairs. A room almost equal to the size of my throne room had been made. Sure it needed some tiles and decoration and more rooms connecting to it, but it was ready for the children... Even if they would have to sleep on the floor.

I ran upstairs to find a blue who helped with the children trance mission and yelled,"Bring the children downstairs and have them go to sleep on the floor!" The blue nodded and then led the children downstairs while saying one quick thing to me,"The minions making the downstairs make a closing to the enterance that is unnoticeable to anyone who doesn't know about it." I nodded with approval and yelled back,

"Close it when the children are asleep, and stay down there to watch them!" It nodded and I climbed back upstairs to go to bed.

Alexander looked up as the demon strode into his throne room. He was large, to say the least, and rather intimidating. But like his pet, Alexander showed nor felt any fear. He listened as the demon made his offers, and insulted him a little for good measure. After hearing the demon's offer, Alexander responded calmly. "Why?" he asked. "You say I have what you desire, and what, pray tell, would that be? A gullible and desperate man who you control like a puppet? A contender you know is stronger then you, so you wish to use them to do all of the work? Or perhaps a distraction to the other contestants, so that they don't even notice you. I doubt whatever you offer is mutually beneficial." Alexander's expression then turned cold. "And besides, what have you done during this competition besides send your pet to be a nuisance? While we are talking, my army is busy eliminating our competitors. It's about time for some bloodshed". Alexander waited for the demon's response. He had not declined his offer, not yet, but he would not blindly align with another evil, blood-thirsty competitor. Especially not one from Hell. He had a few bad experiences with that hell-hole.

The minions began the assault on the tower. Reds longed fireball mortars into the windows, and smiled with glee as the sound of burning filled the tower. Greens skillfully climbed the tower with their claws and after entering the tower, murdered any minion they found. The Browns smashed down the door and charged in on their wolves, whooping and hollering while swinging their weapons about, while Blues followed behind casting magical attacks and healing the army. In the very back of the army were the High Minions, who were giving orders to the attacking minions. In seconds, the entire hundred minion army had assaulted the tower, ransacking and killing everything in sight. While Luithark's minions were working in the tower, they had unknowingly trapped themselves in their own grave.

Apocalypse laughed. "It is actually mutually beneficial" He said. As he had laughed more blood flew from his lips. "The thing I seek is someone I won't have to worry about, someone that might be any form of a challenge and not just a paste for my boots to grind up" He said and leaned toward the man. "But tell me this, what do you think would happen if you refuse a demon? You show no fear, but you are not an idiot, you know what demons can do...." He said and stood up. He already wasted too much breath on this filth of a creature. He spat near the throne as he turned and headed toward the gates. "The beautiful cleansing flames of Hell call upon the damned" He said and sent some flames to fall from the chinks in his armor like water. The flames bathed the chamber in their steady light, destroying any shadows that they found, but stronger shadows were thrown behind pillars if there were any such things.

Shadow had followed an armed patrol back to their tower. He smiled as his senses scoured the surface. He leaped up above the gate and made his way up seeking any entrances. If he didn't find one he'd make one. His bleeding was problem though, the acid would give him away. He hissed, he might have to go to Apocalypse without fulfilling his mission. He knew his master could heal him... somehow.

Edited by shadow2345

"I have not refused you yet, demon." Alexander said calmly. "But one thing I do know is: the game is afoot. People will do anything to win, especially when their lives are threatened." Alexander rose from his throne and took a few steps forward. "I know your type: demons. Horrible creatures, most of them. living in the fires of hell, using maigics and fire like a knight wields a sword. Most don't even know mercy or pity, and rather enjoy killing for killing's sake. But you, you are not like most demons. You talk a big game and boast a big sword, but what you lack is what demons are known for: Magic. I will accept your offer, if only temporary, because I know your brutality can be rather effective. You could make a great general, if you survive, at least." He allowed his words to settle, and if one looked closely, it almost appeared as though his right eye was glowing. "Only the shadows hide the greatest of dangers." to emphasize his words, the shadows of the room seemed to close in, and, if it was even possible, become darker.

(My minions weren't working any more, remember? I had sent them all outside..)

Luithark- Once I woke up all of Alexander's Reds were dead in five minutes flat. Since this place was made up of pools and streams and rivers and lakes, Reds never had a chance. The Greens and Browns were the ones proving to be the problem. But we kept cornering them into lakes or fast running rivers. Being as of the fact that they didn't have Alexander was good, since some of the younger ones got confused some of the time and the fact that all minions but Blues can't swim was good as well.

The Reds I had placed at the top of the tower were shotting fire balls into areas that were a bit more without water than the others. And of course since of the new fighting things made earlier made us have an even more home field advantage. Another hard problem was the Blues. They weren't the most magical ever, but they were quiet quick thinkers. They kept rescueing the Browns and Greens ANd Reds before they drowned.. Well, most of the Reds had already either died or was injured badly.

And then of course sense of the alligaters and snakes we had another advantage. They didn't have pets who were either in training or had completed thier training... but then again, my minions had only one day worth of traininng so I wouldn't say they were in good shape either.

I was in combat to, of course always near a Brown or Green or Blue. Halfway through I decided to conceal myself inside the rivers or streams so that browns and greens being cornered in would be pulled under by me and unable to recieve help. But still, the out come of this battle was still unpredictable... seeing as Alex had stronger minions then I and at the start they outnumbered me. But then of course, they had more advantages. They had scouted out my area, well, thier scouts did. And they had found numbers of hiding spots as well... that was proven by three of Alexander's minions being found hiding to wait for a sneak attack in some bushes near the middle of this.

So it was still anyone's guess of who would.. will win.

Lilith gathered the all the available minions into her throne room, all were there, apart from her patrols, which remained on duty, and the 2 Guards that were with the healer. The Browns that were repairing the tower had at least patched up the holes, the roof was still missing, but that was a minor concern, considering winter was still far off. The 5 Blues that were working on the defences were also absent, as their ritual was still on going, however the teleportation room had been set-up, all it really needed now was activation to link to a destination.

Once they were gathered, Lilith gave them instruction to leave the villages alone for now and to concentrate on training in preparation for an important task in a few weeks time. The task was left vague and a message was sent out to each patrol with a description of the village lad, with instructions that he was to be let past without any hassle.

((Perhaps Luna could ask a Blue to send message to Lilith, if she feels she need some extra help... out of character suggestion of course.))

Edited by Takhesis

The minions began to change their stratey. Most of the blues that were not reviving drowned minions were sent into the waters to rescue and minions that were knocked in. The reds that survived or were revived began to lauch firey mortars into the enemy ranks. These mortars detonated on impact, and the explosions sent scorched minions flying. The Greens were ordered to specifically target Blue minions, seeing as though the land was filled with water, they should have the only aquatic supremacy. They were surprisingly effective, mowing down enemy Blues at a rapid pace. The Browns, using there well trained wolves, would run onto minion ranks and tear them apart.

The Blues in the water had all but eliminated the aquatic dangers. They had slaughtered all of the animals in the water, which live energy was used to make reenforcments. They had also solved the drowning problem. Since the enemy had decided to mainly drown the bodies, they coukd easily be resurected to rejoin the fight. They were even ferrying minions across rivers or deep pools.

The High minions gave extremely effective orders to their respective minion tribes, and they were proving to be almost as great of a leadership as Alexander. They would have reds fore upon the reds on the roof, or lob fire into larger groups. They would strategically place browns to kill advancing ranks, and lead Greens with great efficiency to murdering Blues.

Apocalypse laughed. "you talk as if I hardly have magic, for my kind that is true, but for you, you human filth, I have enough to hold against a Mage" he said and turned back toward him. "I am already a general, my presence here is a test to see if im fit for the inner circle" he said and looked at the shadows. He chuckled. "darkness and fire... An odd combination, but a suitable one" he said and looked at him again. "relations have been established, we won't fight each other nor shall our minions. And as an act of good faith I tell you where my tower is hidden" he said and as he said that the little lake of flames changed, and displayed a rough copy of the area where the mountains where, then showed his tower underground on the other side of the continent, a journey of a few months for even the fastest minion. "safety in distance. And with peace you have a point to fall on, and I have a place from which to stage attacks. Opening my Hell Gates is hard work." he said as one opened just outside the gates into the tower. The red fiery light flowing into the room as fire leaped from it like electricity. He stepped through it and was gone back to his tower.

(Ok)

Luithark-I decided to send a letter to Lilith asking for help. In the mean time I had the blue in charge of the children tell the children to knit or do whatever to make many nets, which we had hundreds inside ten minutes. The only thing that could stop these would be the Reds, which I decided to see personally to their deaths. I asked for a chain, got one, and then I started grabbing Alexander's reds that had survived so far, and then plunged them into a lake where I tied them to the chain. I got all of them down there, I'm certain of that, and no blues could rescue them do to the fact that all of my blues (besides the one taking care of the children) were swimming in the lake to ensure the reds' deaths. I personally tried to listen to their heart beats and heard none. Dead.

It hurt me though that when I came above though that I saw some dead minions, ones who I recognized to be mine, laying about. I decided to have a blue do the horrible task of counting the dead, 56 was thier reply and that was just those laying next to the lake.

Then I assigned my browns to hurt all the blues. That why their magical abilities would be reduced some and they wouldn't be able to heal so well. Being so heavily guarded we had to send both greens and browns to get Alexander's blues. I was not planning to kill the blues for an agreement not to fight each other for awhile.

In the meantime though, the greens on my side were being efficiently murdered using an old tecnic called,'hanging' which is where someone hangs another by their throat until they are dead. And it just happens that out of the crocodiles they had killed they were able to fashion some alligator skin rope. Ugh.

They had obtained all the blues, some killed but many knocked out, and draggd them up to the top of the tower to leave them guarded by my Reds. Now only greens and browns were out. And they still had no idea about the nets.

My greens were used to capture Alexander's minions with a nets, then the browns were supposed to carry the nets into the lake where my blues and I were. Then the blues and I would put the nets full of minions at the bottom where they couldn't be saved and were heavily guarded until each one was dead. It didn't work so well with the browns and greens, both thinking that they were supposed to have a different part then they had. But it was very efficient. Now there only remained the browns and greens that escaped the nets and went to hide and the greens and browns who were hiding... Which was about half of them.

Edited by FlowerOwl