shadow2345

The Overlord Test

((lazy excuse is lazy Flower...))

As a last ditch effort, the creature collapsed the top floor of the tower. The celing and walls of the floor caved in, and light flooded the room. Not good. Reacting as quickly as he could, Alexander ran towards the nearest hole in the floor. Rubble crashed around him, and more than ode a strike of his sword saved him from being crushed. He managed to escape through the hole and fall to the floor below. Lucky, the creatures blood had not weakened this floor, so only the top floor and the floor below were truly damaged.

Minions flooded into the room, looks of concern on their ugly features. Alexander clentched his fist with pure rage. It was all he could do not to slice a minion to shreds to re eave some anger. He grabbed a random minion by the scruff of its neck and brought it to eye level. "I will not stand for anymore failure!" he said exasperated. "I want our strike force ready, and our plan in motion. We set out in one hour. Fail, and The consequences will be severe." he released the minion and ordered the rest of the minions to arm themselves. None of the other Overlords new of his undertaking, and none of them would even mildly suspect it...

Edited by Mdlier

Bad ass Alpert xd.png

Lier, I like Alexander, he's cool))

Apocalypse paced through his tower, so weak, so very weak. He should be sitting in a keep made by dons, guarded by demons not in some stone tower underground. He growled, little was the way he would want things... He need an ally to distract him. He thought through all that he had seen, he could recall only one guy. He smiled, either he could get a dark mistress and make her his wench, or he could ally with another guy and be sue that there would be little double crossing. He chose the guy. He picked up a minion, told it to find the overlord named Alexander and request an audience. He set the minion down and let it scuffle off to one of the hell gates he had in his throne room. There were three, one led to the mountains, one to the plains, the other to the beaches. Some minions were out scavenging for more servants from the human populations.

The minion, a lowly blue found himself at the base of the mountains. He could see the tower in the distance and sighed as he moved toward it. It would be a long journey. But at least they guessed right at the location. This was one of the only towers the scavengers had spotted. He hoped he was heading to the right overlord though. If not he'd probably end up dead.

Apocalypse doesn't like magic users so his blues are the perfect choice. He doesn't like magic since his own is laughable when compared to most demons, his skill is with his armor and brutal and unmercifully combat))

A sweet release xd.png but he does value their healing and magic abilities, that's why they still live, but they are judged much harsher then the others))

Lilith considered the option of including anotrher in the alliance.

"The fairy is a good choice, I'll leave the first contact up to you - the social side seems to be more suited to you than it is to me."

The scared blue minion saw some patrols closer to the tower so he knew they weren't those sent by Apocalypse. He moved toward them and when in yelling range he called. "Message for Alexander!" He hoped they didn't attack him but bring him toward the tower.

(Wow, the blue is so smart. tongue.gif )

Lithark- I nodded,"If course, and by the way; you can call me Luna if you want." I grinned. "I think that she is near sone mountains and forests, which both of us don't have many of. So items that may be rare to find in our areas could be easy to find in her area. So we could trade those items with her."And of course she could also provide small magic um, well, magical things and such.. Such as providing magical information for the blues..." I started to hum.

(Just noticed I keep spelling my character's name wrong! :/ It's Luithark, not Lithark...)

Around her tower, Matze was a mere whizzing blur of activity. Orders were issued, minions shuffled around and reassigned, the 17 new minions (7 blues, 2 browns, 4 reds, and four greens) born from the first village raid given names, equipment, and tasks, and the humans put to work training with the minions, or doing construction work on the tower. The fairy knew that even though the minions had been ordered to respect them and vice versa, there was still a mutual dislike between them. Matze wanted to eliminate this distrust, as this would send the whole conquest tumbling down like a bunch of jacks. Hmm. Jacks. A true shame that her first and only set of shiny, silver jacks had been stolen by a particularly nasty fairy long ago. A rare look of pure malicious, dark glee burst through the fairy's innocent visage as Matze recalled what the offending fairy had suffered at her hands. That fairy had been one of the first victims of her pastry-poisoning. She had chosen a rather torturous poison to put into the snotty twit's food, and after many nights of stomach cramps, hallucinations, boils and intense, unsoothable pain, Matze's enemy had died. Of course, the fairies blamed it on some sort of illness.

That very same fairy was now a canvas on which Matze had painted a beautiful garden of marigolds, daisies, and tulips.

Matze bit into a delicious crepe that she had instructed her cooks to make for herself and the patrol that had participated on the first raid. Even now, 3 more little patrols like it (except they had at least 3 blue minions) were carrying out sneak attacks and sudden kidnappings of villagers. She always reminded them "Do make the job nice and tidy-like. Nice and tidy-like, alright? Thank you." She had also sent out 5 greens on a mission to check out some of the competition.

((Ooopsies on the spelling))

Lilith nodded, "Should we have a set time for communications? Would make things easier to organise if we did." She thought for a bit, "Perhaps we should also agree on borders, mainly so we don't create too much activity in one area to attract attention from would-be heroes. At least until we want them to notice."

Lilith picked up a cookie to munch on while thinking.

-----------minion time---------

The scouting Browns continued to observe nearby settlements, assessing potential defences and targets. Occasionally needing to kill a human or 2 to stop an alarm being raised. These kills were left where they fell, the wounds looking very similar to a wolf attack. 5 kills was the count before the Browns turned back for Lilith's tower. (I'm assuming these had standing orders to observe for a fixed length of time each day - unless Lilith gave them other orders)

The 5 Blues were continueing their ritual in the tower, progressing well with what they had decided on. The kitchen was running smoothly, the Browns assigned there made effective hunter/gatherers for the Red cooks. The guard posts were still holding positions - with the Blue member being used to ferry food every now and then.

The mixed patrols were still patrolling, however due to the earlier intrusions their paths had been altered slightly - the Green pair were now slightly further out than their Brown partners, hopefully the Greens ability to stay hidden would work better now they weren't next to the comparatively unstealthy Browns.

The minions were assembled and ready. Each one armed quite literally to the teeth. equipped with hand crafted weapons and armor from the captured blacksmiths, they were truly one of, it not the most well-armed army in this competition. On top of that, the Browns had bred and trained the Wild Wolves and could use them as extremely efficient mounts for swift killing. Alexander stood before his army, his hands behind his back and his expression stern. Every sing,e minion in the room stood at attention to hear their master.

"My minions." he said proudly "Today, we show our competition that we are not to be trifled with. Today, we will destroy not one, but two of our enemies, and lay waste to their forces. Now is the time for the world to fear us, and know that we will not be denied. Today, we triumph!" to ad emphasis to his statement, Alexander drew his sword and held it high. All of his minions cheered, lifting their own weapons.

Two browns entered the tower with a Blue held in chains. "Master." one of them said. "We gots a messenger for ya."

Edited by Mdlier

When the blue found out he was safe, for the time being at least, he relaxed and let the browns do what they wanted to. He even let them drag him without so much as a complaint. He looked at the man who was their leader. "Ello..." He said and tilted his head. "I come in the name of Apocalypse, I come to offer peace" He said and tilted his head the other way. He didn't fear death now, for if he failed a fate similar to it would befall him. "My master seeks companions to aid in peace and power gaining." He added and smiled, his small fangs glittering. He then noticed all the other minions and whistled. "Nice army..." He said and grinned.

Luithark- I nodded. "Of course." I paused and looked outside,"It's getting late, and I'm afraid that I can't trust my minions to be alone for what has been five hours of travel and one of talking." I frowned,"It is unsafe for my tower as well, so please forgive me for this being a short conversation."

Ze-----

It was getting late, all the generals had decided to improve the fighting forces as we thought Mistress Luithark might be staying over there for the night or longer. We had added some battlestations inside where minions were tested what they were best at, and then placed accordingly. This hadn't been our idea, but it had been on the list so we decided to skip to that for now.

Her army was growing rather nicely from the amount of slain humans. The patrols had returned, again suffering little casualties (but what was annoying was the fact out of the 8 blues she had sent out in total, 5 of them were killed). This was unacceptable. She knew Blues weren't the toughest of enemies. But these were unarmed, untrained, stupid human villagers they were facing. With 20 Browns and Greens with them, no less! And her Blues had been trained to be quite some good warriors as well as mages. They weren't at the level of a Brown, of course, but by how Matze had been training them, they should have been at the level of a Red! And then there was the fact that the patrols had failed one of their orders: Do NOT let the Blues be slaughtered.

"Jaro. Sweet, sweet little Captain. You know how you messed up, so I don't suppose I have to tell ya why I'm so disappointed. I expected more from a smart, capable minion like you. A lot more. You are the last Captain that I am dealing out punishment to, as you know." Matze and Jaro were in the main hall, on a 'stage', and most of her minions and human workers were also in the main hall, albeit they were watching the punishment take place. The others that had already been punished for not being up to par were off to the side of the 'stage', heads held down in shame. That is, if they were even alive.

"You're gonna get a sentence of 3 weeks working in the sewer." Matze looked at the Brown Captain. "You will have your rank stripped during those 3 weeks. Do you understand?" Jaro nodded, and went off immediately.

The fairy dismissed the audience and told them to go back, with the exception of 35 minions consisting of mostly Greens with some Browns, Reds, and a few Blues for backup. Also, all Blues not of the little patrol she had just formed were ordered to go to training immediately. Matze did not want for her Blues, which were infamous for their frailty, to be weak.