GoldenFist

Ever had to be forced to do something?

What and why?

I've been forced to like, sometimes lick stuff off the floor.

Bullies.

Edited by GoldenFist

I had to have two injections once... And I have a horrible phobia of injections. (They were for meningitis and polio or something... Maybe tetanus.)

But bullies-wise, I was once made to eat sweets that had been on the floor for ages.

Have a ginormous wedding despite my social phobia and strong dislike of people/children/parties/drinking/dancing/etc.

Well I guess it hasn't happened yet, but it will in 3 months.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I have to clean up infectious, blood-soaked diarrhea.

Edited by Kestra15

I've been the only one around to clean up (extremely chunky) vomit a few times. I honestly started crying the last time, I'm not sure the rest of my family is aware of just how much it utterly disgusts and horrifies me.

Some little girl puked all over the floor at work. The mother had refused to let me know it had happened, so I had another customer inform me of the mess (and let me know that the parent of the child had seen it and ignored it). I had to clean it up. Let me tell you, it look everything I had NOT to puke myself. Ewwwww. ;-;

For me, its called 'work.'

'Nuff said.

Forced to go through the Roman Catholic Conframation (sp) sacrament (mom guilt tripped me into it when I said I didn't want to go through it).

Forced to go through the Roman Catholic Conframation (sp) sacrament (mom guilt tripped me into it when I said I didn't want to go through it).

This, only Lutheran instead of Catholic. My dad guilt tripped me by saying my mom would've wanted it, and since she'd just died that year I was vulnerable.

Pretty much all my childhood and teen years... Always had to do what my parents wanted, was never allowed to have my own opinion and make my own decisions. sad.gif

My mom is a piano teacher who teaches her students in-home. I have bouts of extroversion, but mostly I'm an introvert. When I was between the ages of eight and eleven, she decided to fix this by introducing me to and forcing me to play with and play hostess to all of them, all week long. She had some really badly behaved ones, and sometimes I'd have to handle several of them at once. And sometimes they would barge into my room and steal stuff from me when I wasn't looking. And sometimes when I was.

The worst part was that some of them I actually wanted to hang out with, but I had to deal with the bratty, mooching, nasty, inconsiderate, thieving ones usually at the same time. She had a lot of students.

I hated people for a year after we moved. Thankfully, she's learned the value of not forcing me to deal with people I don't like in my own house while having to be super-nice to them because their moms were putting food on our table, and I've learned that people aren't nearly as horrible as long as you're not in an atmosphere where you have to let them walk all over you. She mostly lets me choose who I socialize with; the exceptions being a ten-year-old who is fairly well-behaved and actually fun to hang out with, and a family of extremely invasive, nasty, grating people who sought me out and follow me all over the house on their own volition.

I gotta say, if you have siblings and parents who aren't the crazy type of conservatives and actually try to make sure things are going well, homeschooling is quite enjoyable. I'm sure my mom thought she was helping prepare me for the future, but we talked it over and she seemed genuinely understanding once she realized that I wasn't okay with it. So I guess it wasn't the most utterly horrible thing ever to happen to anyone, annoying and nerve-wearing as it was.

I'm still recovering from those few years, though; I still have to restrain myself from punching people in the face when they ask if they can hang out in my room or borrow my stuff. >_>

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Oh, also I was forced into doing 13 years of dance(ballet, en pointe, tap, jazz, lyrical, hiphop, some weird hungarian thing) which I really hated and the teachers were horribly mean and bullied you into losing weight if you weren't stick thin. That was crappy.

Spending time with my stepsister, who is probably my least favorite human being on the planet. Or at least that I've met. /shot

Edited by satyr76

Yes, but even mentioning what they were would probably make too many people uncomfortable.

So for a lighter example, I was one of those kids forced to go to church every Sunday (as well as classes). I hated it. I can understand incorporating your children into your familial belief system/culture, but it went past that point when it reached my teen years.

Edited by Miyasha

Yes, but even mentioning what they were would probably make too many people uncomfortable.

So for a lighter example, I was one of those kids forced to go to church every Sunday (as well as classes). I hated it. I can understand incorporating your children into your familial belief system/culture, but it went past that point when it reached my teen years.

I see your Sunday services and raise you Tuesday, Thursday and Friday morning services as well.

Being force-fed rice pudding every morning for breakfast for a year. To this day, I cannot abide rice now. I've tried to change that, but I can't. It makes me think of a big woman squeezing my nose shut so I'd open my mouth and then getting a huge spoonful of rice pudding into my mouth and my mouth slammed shut by her spoon-wielding hand.

Needless to say, I stay very far away from rice and anything associated with it now.

Why - I don't know why this female caregiver felt she had to do that to me. I was only what, 7 years old, for land's sake!

Besides the usual school and work, I was forced to learn how to drive. I'm okay with it now, but when I started I was terrified of driving.

Been forced to do a lot of stuff that I didn't want to do. Some of the more mentionable things I've been forced to do were : Watch my siblings, go to multiple church services (the ones where they yell and scream and roll around on the floor flopping like fish o_o),

Most churches aren't like that xd.png

Me? No. I've never been forced to do something I don't want to do. I always do what I want to do. No one can force me to do anything. Have I done things I don't enjoy? Yes. Have I felt coerced into certain options? Yes. But I still chose what I wanted to do. For instance, babysitting my cousins. I loathe it. But I choose to do it anyways, because I prefer it to the alternative of grounding, lack of money, etc. No one can force anyone to do anything, there are always options. We are free to choose from those options.

What's forced ? Are we "forced" to go out to work, as otherwise we and our loved ones won't be able to eat ? I did several jobs I HATED to keep food on the table. I felt forced to do them, every time I went out in the morning.... biggrin.gif

Just saying.

I'm never really successfully been forced to do anything, to be perfectly honest. I'm a stubborn donkey though, even when my cousin twists my arm all the way around and stuff to get me to say mercy- I just refuse to give in. I have been forced once or twice to take medication when I was really unwell and screaming in pain constantly, which was awful for me as I am absolutely TERRIFIED of medication, even from the doctor. I never even took any when I almost broke my jaw or had swine flu. I was forced to have 3 jags as well. didn't go down well.

I'm ranting again. Over all I don't allow myself to be forced into things because I'm insanely stubborn. tongue.gif