Chiaki

Exercise

I do power yoga. It's not like normal yoga. I actually don't really know what "normal" yoga is. But power yoga is pretty tough, each class is a one-hour workout using your body's own resistance that is meant to build muscle pretty much everywhere, lol. It involves a lot of standing on one leg (which I have to thank for my shiny new calf muscles) annndd a bunch of other stuff I'm too lazy to explain

It's pretty fun. It's the only exercise I've ever participated in voluntarily. I've been doing it for a month and a half, attending 4-5 classes a week, and I now have muscles instead of skin-and-bone limbs. I have little baby biceps! And abs!

Edited by glamoursea2

I do a combo of weight training and biking. I've already lost 15 pounds this year, so I must be doing something right!

Every day, I do lifting with resistance bands for five minutes and power walking for forty minutes. The main reason why I exercise is to stimulate neurogenesis. I am quite content with my physique so I don't exercise for its sake.

Edited by Natevaelle

I've done so much walking today playing Pokemon Go, haha! tongue.gif

I also try and do a HIIT exercise, but so far I've only done it once so it hasn't been too successful. I don't have much room to do it in my bedroom and I don't want to do it around other people.

I do stairmill, elliptical, or bike for cardio. I lift on set days - legs, back/chest, arms, and core. Sometimes my trainer makes me do circuits and HIIT.

I have some non weight related fitness goals. I want to climb 101 floors on the stairmill in one workout, be able to do a pull up, and scale a rock wall. I am also looking to cut 30lbs of fat in the next 3 months to help my body fat to muscle ratio. I also want to be able to do 10 push ups with good form.

I'm thinking of taking up judo or krav maga. I have a lot of pent up anger.

I'm starting a new workout thing and I'm not sure how it is, but so far...at least I'm up and moving..right?

I'm running on mwf for 30 minute and since I only started running and training for a 5k..I'm running for 1 minute and walking for 3 minute.

Then on tth, I'm doing targeted weight workouts.

Not yet sure about saturday and sunday...

I used to run track but now I'm not exercising a lot, due to life's circumstances. I miss it terribly.

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, where I do some weight training on different body areas. I also walk and bike and do yoga. I'm studying in department of sports in our university so almost everyone around me is really athletic so the outside pressure to work out is pretty high. Good thing I actually really like going to the gym, so it's mostly not a problem. My biggest motivation is just becoming stronger and faster and more durable, and it wouldn't be to get a bit leaner on the body side too!

My dad is really into exercising ever since he found out he was at risk for diabetes, and he's really gotten into shape. I do a lot of running with him in order to spend time with him, but I'm not as into it as he is, lol. (He's always wanting to take pulses and stuff like that)  He told me earlier this year he did 2000 push-ups in one day, so I've been practicing in order to one day match that. ^_^

On 10/10/2018 at 7:54 PM, aqub said:

My dad is really into exercising ever since he found out he was at risk for diabetes, and he's really gotten into shape. I do a lot of running with him in order to spend time with him, but I'm not as into it as he is, lol. (He's always wanting to take pulses and stuff like that)  He told me earlier this year he did 2000 push-ups in one day, so I've been practicing in order to one day match that. ^_^

Wow, your father seems to be really into it! That's great! :D

I hit the gym 5-6 days a week, personally. 3 days are for weight training (though I also try to incorporate some body-weight, I mostly lift) and 3 days for cardio (and no, I don't run because that's seem evil to me lol I do Zumba, Body Combat, Hip Hop, and such...). To me, group classes are necessary to keep with my cardio. Otherwise I would just drop it. Stairmill, elliptical... That bores me to death and I envy people who are consistent with that! I just can't, ugh. But I found that with classes, I actually like doing cardio (there's also the choreography component I guess). 

I used to do spinning 2 or 3 times a week, like... 3 years ago. Because of a new schedule, I might have to change one of my Zumba classes for a Spinning one (to keep my number of cardio days intact). Let's see if I still like it like I used to!

@relaks Haha yeah, and he's in his 60's, too. He's going to be one of those 80 year olds that still out exercising every day... :rolleyes:

I probably ought to exercise more, but having never found any exercise I actually liked doing I only get exercise from mandatory PE at school.

I'm not very active with exercising, but recently I've tried to go out for walks more. Pokemon Go helps. :D

I've been trying to use the eliptical but I just can't seem to stay on it for an hour. After 20 mins I just want to pull my hair out. I'm hoping now that summer is coming the weather will be nice enough that I can take hour long walks. Here's hoping. I'd love to lose some weight over the summer enough though my doctors keep telling me to put some on! Haha

I've been going for daily walks with my dog for a while now. I really love it. It always helps cheer me up. :D