Chiaki

Exercise

biggrin.gif Well, that's practise, but in competition, do they still do that?

If you are using a foil (which is the most common), there is a ball on the tip. Points are scored by "touching" the other person. In fact, a lot of the swords are actually electronic now. You can't really see who is scoring a touch on who, so having something that keeps tabs on that helps.

I've never used the sabre, so I'm not sure what the rules are for that particular sword, but I can assure you that they are also blunt.

If you are using a foil (which is the most common), there is a ball on the tip. Points are scored by "touching" the other person. In fact, a lot of the swords are actually electronic now. You can't really see who is scoring a touch on who, so having something that keeps tabs on that helps.

I've never used the sabre, so I'm not sure what the rules are for that particular sword, but I can assure you that they are also blunt.

biggrin.gif Oh, alright. Thanks. They still look scary to me. xd.png Haha.

About 15 years ago, I could walk for miles, or even jog. I got into Martial Arts back then and did ballet, but now my energy level is nil. When I'm not suffering from migraines or recuperating from the pills that stop the pain, I love belly dancing. It's extremely fun and works muscles I never thought possible to work. xd.png I've heard that belly dancing is the chosen exercise for those who HATE exercising. I couldn't agree more.

I like jogging but not running. Let's see I hate the idea of lifting weights. Swimming and Tai Chi for me. At least I get to do strenuous activity in swimming.

My daily exercise is going for a walk everyday. I also like to left weights. I have a 20 pound weight that I keep in my room. During summer time I did go to a public gym. I might go there again sometime. I can get the exercise I need at home. LOL

Rebounding. I love rebounding. I used to walk a lot but I like rebounding better. It's the only exercise I can do in place that isn't boring or unnatural feeling to me. I'd prefer to have a large trampoline to jump on, but I don't, so I jump on my little rebounder. It helps me calm my nerves and work off excess energy. Rebounding is also one of if not the best workout you can do for your lymph system. I don't do it on a schedule but I do rebound about 3-4+ times a week, just whenever I'm feeling antsy.

My current PE for this semestre is badminton. tongue.gif I enjoy it greatly even if I'm not good at it.

Like a lot of people on here, I love ellipticals. I am a college student, so I get to use the ones on campus for free, as well as their other equipment. I am taking Women's Body Sculpting right now, a PE class for women, so I get to work out for 1 1/2 hours 4 days a week. I also swim when I get the chance.

Would it be appropriate to update my progress here? I feel that it would help me reach my goals. If not, does anyone know of a good place on DC to do that?

it seems that the favorite exercise of some of the people I know is.....

Jumping To Conclusions

lol

of course I hear" running amok" is fun.

Edited by gizmo1960

I personally love playing sports to stay in shape, though in the off season I do runs, lift, yoga, and Pilates. I love yoga. It is so amazing, and you feel SO GOOD after a good session.

Volleyball is absolutely amazing as well.(Tennis too, but I live in a small town and can't play it competitively) It's so much fun, no matter what position you play or what level of play you are at. I also throw discus and do pole vault, but those aren't really my strong points. Swimming and skiing are pretty great too, but those are normally more recreational activities for me.

And then there is always working in the garden, but I don't actually like that so it doesn't count.

The best all over body workout is probably working cattle though. Like seriously, moving cattle is a great all-over workout, mentally and physically, especially if you are riding horse for 20 miles. XP

I just came from Badminton Tournament. My right forearm is aching from those fast drives and smashes considering my racket is heavier than the standard.

I try to do push-ups and crunches every day, and doing a slow jog on the treadmill while watching TV is fine (although I usually want to watch TV at night, when my parents would not be happy about the (loud) treadmill being on). The thing I really hate is P.E. class. Right now we're doing badminton, which isn't the worst thing we've done, but there's still the horrible warm up that we do every day. Basically, it's some running back and forth across the gym. I just really don't like being forced to run. It reminds me of the horrible fitness tests that we do maybe two, three times a year. You have to run laps around the gym for 12 minutes, and it's awful. By the time I'm finished I'm so exhausted that I can't think properly and my face is burning. I've actually started to become a little terrified by it.

I love swimming and skiing, though. We have a swimming pool, but it's always so cold, so I prefer to go to indoor pools. Skiing in the mountains is especially fun. I'm also starting to learn how to snowboard (I've gone twice now biggrin.gif ).

I don't really exercise that much, but I enjoy a short sprint.

I'm also pretty good at skating and badmitton, and I ski when it's winter.

I tried golf in beginning of this year. I don't do it because of school college. I should start it again in this summer; dry.gif

I love the stretching after a good time of Tai Chi. It just is relaxing.

I have plenty of time in my schedule, but I just don't like excerscising...too lazy I guess. tongue.gif However,I do like swimming and since it's winter break, I go swimming like every two days biggrin.gif

Since I'm still young enough to grow taller, I do try jump ropes, push-ups, and stretching. I like stretching especially but I'm not that flexible.cool.gif

I would love walking(on a not so hot day, that is), but I either don't have the chance or am too lazy to do it

Electric treadmills because the other kind does horrible things to my posture. A mini-trampoline is also very helpful.

I jog/run 2 to 4 times a week (usually for about 1/2 an hour) which I started with a C25K-like thing a year and a half ago, and I recently started doing this and this. I'm on week two of both of the linked plans, but for press-ups I'm in column one and can only do knee-press-ups whereas for sit-ups I'm in column two and finding it a little too easy :3 I try to go for at least a walk on any day I'm not running or doing those strength exercises.

I'm not good at any exercise that involves other people, and I don't tend to stick to anything without a regular but adaptable schedule.

Horseback riding! ^.^ Once my horse is back up to condition, I'll be riding every nice day of the week. biggrin.gif Hello, ab and leg muscles!

I jog sometimes, but not enough to do much. I'm more likely to take a long walk.

Edited by harlequinraven

I really enjoy video games, so naturally when Microsoft came out with the Kinect for Xbox, I was instantly attracted to it. The different games makes exercise fun. I am a Dance Central queen! I can do it for hours. Time goes pretty fast while doing it!

Hmmm, waterbending. No, seriously, Tai Chi.

Dude. I would totally exercise more if I could waterbend. xd.png

I was about to make my own thread but I searched and this came up. I do kung fu, but have recently supplementing it with running (specifically Couch to 5k) and weight training.

Electro music really gets me pumped for runs. tongue.gif I hope I can keep this up even after school starts. Wish me luck!