Chiaki

Exercise

I fail at every sport I try except skiing, so that's all the exercise I get tongue.gif

Although, I am a very picky eater, so that makes up for only exercising in the winter.

I'm going to look for a gym when I go on my next placement - finally tipping in at over 100kg and clothing is starting not to fit so I need to get back into shape. And exercise is proven to help with depression after all.

Horseback riding and other equine-related things that keep me moving around and using my muscles. I don't go to the gym or anything, but when I go to college I want to start using the one on campus. I figure that even though I can't lift or anything, walking on the treadmill will give me some exercise.

Also, I do a lot of heavy lifting at my job and I actually have biceps now. Pathetic ones, but better than my previous scrawniness! laugh.gif

I'd like to do some cardio, since I can't even climb two flights of stairs without getting out of breath xd.png And losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not sure what kind of exercise I want to do, though. I don't have a functioning bike, going to the gym is out of the question (no money) and although I like being in water, I don't like chlorine and wearing underwear/bathing suits in front of strangers, so swimming isn't for me, too.

Guess I'll just sit here and train my mental muscles, then biggrin.gif

Literally nothing. I kinda just sit around and be lazy all day.

Now, I actually try hard in gym class, but I won't be taking it after this year. I've definitely improved some things, such as my jogging/running stamina this year. I used to hardly make half a lap around our track without giving up and walking slowly. Now I can go for a lap and half and still have energy to run again after a short walk, which isn't great, but it is a lot better. :3

We've also done Zumba, and I absolutely loved the few days we had it. I would love to do more Zumba sometime~

I also love swimming, as long as it isn't in a public area. That mostly prevents me from exercising through late fall, winter, and most of spring D:

I don't consider myself a very physically active person but I try to walk everywhere if time will allow it. I make sure to go swimming for about 75 minutes at least once a week. I also do a few simple exercises at home like sit-ups, dips, push-ups, etc. every to every second day.

Back at my parents' house there's a nearby mountain that I like to take a morning walk up and down, but normally I only visit there in summer and in December (but then there's too much snow).

I'm a Xylene. I don't do much. Most of the time I flop on a sofa and just read a book.

But when I do stuff, it usually involves chin-ups on the bar in my doorway, or hanging crunches, or playing with the dumbbells, or just going for long walks or short sprints. At my grandma's house we've got a treadmill, so I'm allowed to just wander around on that for hours and go nowhere... >_>;; kinda a waste of time, haha.

I think I'll see if my friend needs someone to walk her dog and tire her out or something again. Sometimes if I do nothing for too long I get really antsy.

Walking, but I really love lifting weights.

Badmiton is my way of staying active. For anyone who says it isn't a sport, I ask them to play a 3 set match and see how much they sweat when they're done.

Excercise is quite painful for me due to my bad knee, but if I can go for a walk without being in pain, I do that for maybe 20 mins.

Figure skating three hours straight every week. Pretending to be a ballerina on ice with knives on your feet is actually very exhausting, but finding a decent ice rink is a bit of a challenge. Most rinks have a lot of recreational skaters, and I can't practice most jumps without taking off someone's head. I love hiking and biking, but I don't find many chances to do much of either.

My favorite is walking in the woods, but I definitely get more of a work out from gardening.

Does anyone have any ideas for exercises for somebody who hates exercising?

I want to lose weight but I'm too lazy to go jogging, too self conscious to go the university's Gym (it has a huge glass wall that faces over a busy courtyard, so everyone can see you huff and sweat), I hate team sports, and I haven't gone swimming in ages because I haven't even got a costume and I look awful in them anyway. I guess it's a shame since I'm good at swimming, but I just... can't. Thing is, I'm too embarrassed to exercise because I'm fat so I put on more weight, so I want to exercise less because I'm even fatter... Which makes me depressed so I eat more.

One problem I have with exercising is that most traditional forms of exercise feel pointless to me. If you've got a similar problem, Ruins, you might consider doing something which feels like you can make progress with it. Video games like Dance Central, Dance Dance Revolution, or even playing drums on Rock Band can provide you quite a bit of exertion (once you get to the higher levels), and give you a real sense of progress while playing them. And you can do them alone, at home, with limited equipment.

My other preferred form of exercise is martial arts, but that probably wouldn't be useful if you're self-conscious.

One problem I have with exercising is that most traditional forms of exercise feel pointless to me. If you've got a similar problem, Ruins, you might consider doing something which feels like you can make progress with it. Video games like Dance Central, Dance Dance Revolution, or even playing drums on Rock Band can provide you quite a bit of exertion (once you get to the higher levels), and give you a real sense of progress while playing them. And you can do them alone, at home, with limited equipment.

My other preferred form of exercise is martial arts, but that probably wouldn't be useful if you're self-conscious.

It sounds okay, the only problem is neither I nor my parents have a TV and my Mum hates video games... My Dad tried to teach me ju-jitsu a while back, but I kept dropping out because I'm awful like that.

I want to lose weight but I'm too lazy to go jogging, too self conscious to go the university's Gym (it has a huge glass wall that faces over a busy courtyard, so everyone can see you huff and sweat), I hate team sports, and I haven't gone swimming in ages because I haven't even got a costume and I look awful in them anyway. I guess it's a shame since I'm good at swimming, but I just... can't. Thing is, I'm too embarrassed to exercise because I'm fat so I put on more weight, so I want to exercise less because I'm even fatter... Which makes me depressed so I eat more.

I don't know if you have a Wii ... if you do, try Wii Fitness (Wii Fit)

privacy of ur own home!!

Well I used to be a competitive weightlifter and I had a run at making the 2012 olympic team so I had to constantly cut down weight for competitions and stuff. The only form of weight loss exercise I could tolerate was walking.

I would download audio books on my ipod, throw my headphones in and just go walk in the park for an hour. That way I didn't get bored and I felt like I was being productive for that hour since I was learning. That and I tweaked around my diet which is probably the most important thing if you're trying to lose weight.

Trainspotting and running to catch early trains if you can call them exercises

Not gonna lie, I do at home exercise things that I see on pinterest. 99.9% of things I do come from backonpointe.tumblr.com though. There's a variety of workouts to do to work different areas of the body. I've found them useful and not so difficult to do.

Also have wanted to be a dancer since I was younger though I somehow ended up in cheerleading.... When ever I get a enough money, I'd love to do adult ballet classes. Be nice to do something I enjoy and be able to work my body at the same time.

Haha going to work keeps me on my toes. I work in a clothing store. I'm always walking back and forth across the store, climbing ladders, hanging up, and putting up new merchandise, lifting boxes, stripping boxes, etc... There's never really a dull moment.

In the summer, I love swimming laps in the pool, too.