Chiaki

Exercise

I play quidditch occasionally and do a lot of walking. Unfortunately I blew out a knee pretty badly during cross country and it sometimes still acts up.

I have to be extremely careful about what sort of exercise I do, as I have significant scarring in my left knee and have recently had a case of sciatica caused by a bulging spinal disc. If possible, I prefer swimming. I can tolerate walking, though, and absolutely love low-to-mid level DDR... though I have to disable the parts that require jumping as the impact is way too much for my knee.

I figure skate usually about 3 hours evey week. It's hard, especially since I get back pains when I do sit spins.

I also like to play tennis. Sometimes in the summer I play for 6 hours every DAY, which makes me fall asleep by the time I get home. =3

During the summer, I like to SwIM. Usually in the 25 m. pool I woupd swim about 12-16 laps, not back and forth. But then, these days I hardly swim anymore.

I like to jump rope. If you don't consider that as a sport, I challenge you to do it for 2 hours making up tricks. Biking is also a favorite, but my knee is making me slow. xC

I really wanna start hitting the gym on campus, but... it's also the first week back in January. The place is gonna be a zoo, which I don't feel like dealing with.

But I seriously need to start exercising. Since I quit marching band and moved to a complex where I need to bus to campus, I've had pretty much zero physical activity in my life. :\ And that's gonna be a problem when camp rolls around in the summer, and I'm having to hike over hill and dale chasing 8-11 year olds.

I do crossfit. My parents changed the garage to a gym last summer and opened up a crossfit affiliate, so I do the classes every Tuesday and Thursday. I'm kinda weak, so I'm hoping to change this.

I'm really skinny, though, so I might have to put on a few pounds so I don't get underweight...

I love to do fencing!

I'm going to take fencing lessons over the summer. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately my gym buddy transferred schools so now it's up to me to find the motivation to keep working out. She helped me a lot because I don't like going alone, so it might be hard to get back into it. I'm at a healthy weight, but I'm not athletic by any means so I try to work out some anyway. I do ride horses, but that's a different kind of exercise and being away at college I can't ride as often as I would like. :/

Running or swimming! Mainly swimming though, I'm a water person smile.gif I do it all the time with my sister, mostly distance (like 500m-800m at a time) or just swimming around for fun.

When I can do it (which sadly isn't often) I'll go ride my bike or go swimming. I'm unable to take a trip to the gym but I would like to... especially since they have a pool there.

I'd prefer swimming these days, but don't do it often as no easily used pool. In school I played basketball most days during free periods out of class and study halls after school before bed. At that point the school had boarders - of which I was one- but no pool. Now it is the opposite. Sad Boarding was the best and the worst thing about school. It helped me cope with college even more then the excellent academic standards of my school.

Everyone does such interesting sports and activities! I would love to try out fencing and surfing! At the moment though, I mostly walk and play tennis. My uni doesn't have a tennis club/team going on though, so I'm actually considering signing up for badminton or hockey. I do sometimes feel the urge to go for a run and I'm, surprisingly, not as bad at it as I thought I'd be.

Running/jogging. c:

I prefer terrain over track. So cross country is perfect. I like medium speed long distance versus intense speed short distance. xd.png

I also like ab/leg exercises. My favorites are bicycles, stairs, lunges, and squats.

Swimming. As long as there are not too many people at the pool that I have to navigate around, it's really fun.

How people can like running is completely beyond me, I think it's the worst thing ever xd.png

I teach Aikido and also do various other physical activities to keep myself in shape. No one respects an out-of-shape sensei. wink.gif

My favorite activity is weight-lifting. I'm gonna be honest . . . I flat-out despise cardio. laugh.gif

How people can like running is completely beyond me, I think it's the worst thing ever xd.png

biggrin.gif Aww, that's understandable. I think it depends on the buoyancy of each one (whatever floats their boat). We have different likes and dislikes. On my case, I don't see how people can like fencing. I mean it's very dangerous with that sword. I am afraid of sharp objects (aside from pencil and maybe a bit others, wink.gif although I'd still be careful with those around)

I always call those who took fencing as their PE "pointy boys". xd.png

I know, but so many people love it that I always feel like I have to defend myself xd.png

I.....get up to get food from the fridge ,':P lol. I do go for walks almost everyday though.

I absolutely love Zumba! It's probably the only cardio (if you call Zumba cardio) I love doing.

Also, I am secretly competitive. I like doing exercises in a group where I can compare myself to others. (My husband pointed out this side of me, actually.) I know "comparing" sounds bad, but watching someone else do the same exercise I'm doing helps me with form. It pushes me to do better, you could say.

My school just started an 'adventure' through our insurance. You earn 'points' by doing a certain number of steps/cardio and strength workouts a week. You can also earn bonus steps by completing different character traits each week. (This week's character trait was curiosity.) There are cool incentives for completing the adventure, like gift cards and chances of winning a vacation or Kindle Fire. Again, kind of competitive for me, so I like it. For my strength days, I alternate between interval training and the TRX.

One thing I would really like to get back into is pole toning. Again, sounds awful. It's really great at toning. You learn some spins and inversions all while strengthening your muscles, especially your core. I did pole toning first in Oklahoma at an all-female gym. Tons of fun. If only there was something a gym that did that here in Vermont...

I have 2 left feet, aerobics classes suck. I have tried videos in the past, and it takes me several weeks just to learn the steps!

I run. I am currently training for a half marathon the end of March. I'm very excited! I have a treadmill at home, so I run while my daughter naps. I also do a bit of weight training. Probably should do more.

As a family we do lots of things. Rock climbing at a place close by, bike riding, swimming.

biggrin.gif Aww, that's understandable. I think it depends on the buoyancy of each one (whatever floats their boat). We have different likes and dislikes. On my case, I don't see how people can like fencing. I mean it's very dangerous with that sword. I am afraid of sharp objects (aside from pencil and maybe a bit others, wink.gif although I'd still be careful with those around)

I always call those who took fencing as their PE "pointy boys". xd.png

Our fencing team had "balls" on the ends of their weapons or the tips were blunted. Not dangerous at all, really! smile.gif

I teach sword work in my Aikido class and we use foam swords to spar. You'd be surprised just how much a foam sword can hurt, too. laugh.gif

I am really bad about consistent exercise. I will gladly run and bike when the weather is nice, but considering where I live, that is not often. The summers are too hot and humid (I feel as though I cannot breath even when just standing, let alone running). The winters are icy, snowy, and freezing cold. I hate gyms and treadmills, so that is out. I do really like to play DDR, but since I live in an apartment, I try to only do so during the day. Unfortunately, my 'need to exercise!' attacks usually happen after midnight because I am a verified night owl. When I lived in California, I ran around outside all the time. It is just really hard to be motivated to exercise when I want to be outdoors, but the outdoors does not agree with me most of the year. >_<

Our fencing team had "balls" on the ends of their weapons or the tips were blunted. Not dangerous at all, really! smile.gif

biggrin.gif Well, that's practise, but in competition, do they still do that?

Any cardio class at the gym pretty much. Also running. I can just zone out while running, with my headphones on. I just hate running with someone else, it distracts me.

I like yoga, swimming, cycling, jogging, and sometimes on occasion kick boxing. It helps me to get rid of stress and makes me feel good afterwards when after a nice good hard workout that I can sit on the couch and relax. I'm not one of those people who are serious about fitness and being healthy I'm all for food. It just makes me feel good sometimes and I do it for the rush.