Chiaki

Exercise

I used to LOOOVE to swim, but I haven't had a pool around me that I could use in years. Sometimes I use the local high school's pool, but let me tell you, the locker rooms are an old lady naked festival after the swim time is over. lol

My favorite type of excersize is DDRing. Exercise is so much more enjoyable if you're having fun with it. And, believe me, DDR is great exercise if you play for an hour every day.

For me, it was swimming till the gym I go to had these bikes...

OH god those bikes! You pick a course on this screen near the handlebars, and if anyone nearby picked the same course, it placed a character on the track, even if you started before them. Me and my friends literally spent hours (With breaks in between) racing each other, on courses ranging from the beach, to Egypt, to OUTER SPACE!

It's actually kinda hard to describe without a video.

Edited by Lore_Master

Bodyweight bodyweight bodyweight. <3 my max numbers were 27 pull ups, 90+ push ups, 55 dips, 6 muscle ups... I've never found anything that got me stronger faster. As far as typical day to day exercise, I work on a farm, that keeps me in shape, I run a little, I fight a lot, and just started playing disk golf. The sport itself isn't TOO demanding, the walking between holes is wink.gif

I bike 6 to 25 miles a day. It's my primary mode of transportation, so on a school day I never bike less than 6 miles, and usually I bike 8 at least.

Zumba! biggrin.gif (Don't judge tongue.gif )

I love that exercise! I sweat more on that then the treadmill or sit-ups. Plus its a whole lot of fun. I feel so much more better since I started trying out the Zumba. It's like dancing except with some exercise moves.

I thought this might be a good place to share this. It's a neat idea that apparently got it's start in China. Basically, they are putting adult exercise equipment near things like parks, children's playgrounds. And the convenience of use encourages people to use it. Very cool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17818223

*Sigh*

I'm that guy who only excersizes when he manages to get himself off of his butt to play Kinect. I'm pathetic when it comes to excersizing.

Lots of hiking. I'm also running around a lot at work, so I get a good daily workout as well.

I jog, we also finally finished setting up our weight machine, so we do some upper body training as well.

On and off over the last few years, kickboxing, running, pilates and pole dancing. I usually manage to fit two in my schedule regularly at any one time. Pilates is good for flexibility, running for endurance, pole for arm strength and kickboxing for anger management. laugh.gif I tried swimming laps for a while and it just didn't work for me. dry.gif

I am possibly the least active person ever.

That may be an exaggeration but seriously. Sports. No thank you.

Or exercise.

Thank goodness I have a ridiculously high metabolism, or I would probably weigh 3,000 pounds, based on my diet of junk, junk, and junk, and a complete and utter lack of physical activity.

Seriously. I walk to the bus, I walk to classes, I walk home. I walk the dogs sometimes. I ride my bike a half mile to pick my sister up from school and half mile back - and that only happens maybe once a week. Usually my brother goes and gets her.

That's my attempt at 'exercise' xd.png

I like to walk. I could walk all day (as long as I have comfy shoes, loose clothing and lots of water). I love to take hikes, walks around the neighborhood, walk to the store, you get the idea.

I do NOT run. If you see me running, you should probably run too, because something is chasing me.

I'm one of those people that HATES exercise. I'm just not motivated. Ughhh. I do love swimming though, which is how I've managed to keep myself from getting fat xd.png

I guess it's just organized sports that I hate. In high school PE we would play soccer ALL THE DANG TIME. I hate soccer. With a passion. If/when the ball came to me, I'd just kick it somewhere. If it went to a person on my team: meh. If it went to a person on the other team: meh.

I started doing heavy weightlifting a couple of months ago. It's about all I have time for with my thesis due in two weeks. o_o

I'm pretty lazy but I do rock-climbing once a week and play badminton every night because I used to get sick a lot due to a lack of exercise. Did try swimming for a while. That went awfully.

...I don't think I understand zumba.

I do boxing class once or twice a week, and I usually jog, though I haven't been jogging since I moved a couple of months ago. Had no time for it, and now I'm out of the habit. I'll have to start it up again once my morning meetings end here in a couple of weeks.

I used to swim all the time but I can't anymore because I got to where it drove me (almost literally) insane to have that be the only part of my life where I have to dress like a girl--and it's not like I have much of a choice in what to wear, as most pools actually have rules against 'girls' wearing shorts and covering up on top with tees. I really miss swimming and it doesn't look like I'll ever get to do it again... I miss denial.

Hm, that got deep and mopey, sorry.

Edited by Sadako

My exercise choice is a nice videogame with soda on the side.Lolz,kidding.I run around the neighborhood with my mother, and our neighborhood is a peanut-shape.

I ride horses and play soccer.

I'm going to start crossfit sometime soon. I'd also love to have enough motivation to start running.

Right now I really want to start some type of martial arts and rock climbing.