Chiaki

Exercise

So I just got back from a Zumba class feeling pretty contented and fairly relaxed especially given that my final exams start next week. Personally I love Zumba, it just gives me an excuse to dance like a crazy person and not be judged, try to go every week, but I also swim and ride horses (when I have the money).

So this got me wondering what exercise all of you get up to, or what you'd like to take up or what you used to do.

I tried Zumba once - I was pretty bad at it, but I have two left feet. I had a lot of fun though and plan to go again.

Usually I hop on an elliptical machine at the Y a few times a week if possible, but I also walk, bike, run, swim, and lift weights.

I go for a lot of long walks and do exercise videos in my living room. Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies, Walk Away the Pounds, and Bellydance for Fitness.

I'm getting married in 3 and a half months so lately I've been exercising a lot.

I mostly walk or hike with my dog. I do 10km a day. My jogging/running stamina is terrible and I can't jog for more than a minute without feeling like I'm about to pass out or throw up tongue.gif. I'm hoping to change that, but I have a bad left hip joint and it's easy to become demotivated when my hip joint starts to become very painful.

I love using ellipticals, they are my favorite machine, but unfortunately we don't own one and I hate going to the university gym where I have a free membership. It's just full of insecure girls who hate themselves and think they need to punish themselves for eating an extra apple that day by working out for 3 hours.

I also use a 5 pound hula hoop for my tummy muscles.

I love exercising :3

I do fencing at least 5 times a week, go running when it doesn't rain (which is pretty much never, but oh well), and do lots of cycling in the summer. I've never done Zumba or anything similar, but I'm looking for a good yoga/pilates class. I've also recently been pretty interested in Bodyrocking.

I don't actively do gymnastics anymore (but would if there was an adult gymnastics gym somewhere), but I'll always be a gymnast. I tried a few different dances when I was younger. Did ballet for a few years, as well as jazz and tap and a combo class, but I'm really bad at dancing and enjoyed gymnastics more, anyway. I did a semester of Russian systema once and really enjoyed it. I've on and off done yoga and Pilates since quitting gymnastics. Started zumba as soon as it was offered at my college. Wasn't able to do it this semester because of stupid time conflicts, but I did do a two hour zumbathon this semester that was so fun. Next semester I might do zumba (the instructor I love is leaving, so it will depend on who the new teacher is) and I will be doing fitness boot camp. Over the summers with my sister I did do DDR and we now do Dance Party or whatever the Wii game is. Lots of fun. Eventually I want to switch to the paleodiet and try deadlifting. I've done lifting at a gym before and it was okay. We used to go hiking all the time. I miss that. I'd also like to try out for rugby next semester. Been wanting to for a while, but there's no point if I have class during all the practice times. If I had more time, I'd also get more into rock climbing.

My mom suggested it once before and I do think I'd have lots of fun leading workout classes. I looooove exercise, though I definitely don't do it as often as I'd like to.

(Also, it's so exciting to see so many zumba fans online. I tried to get my sister to come to zumbathon as I thought she'd enjoy it since she's a dancer and does that kind of stuff at our house, but she said she didn't do that in public, lol.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Of choice? Capoeira.

Through neccessity? Cycling.

I'm all up for a bit of Zumba though, since I do samba de roda in Capoeira.

I would like to get into Touch Rugby when I go to uni next year.

What's zumba like? I've only tried it twice so I'm a novice I guess...

I Do An Exercise Thingy Every Week. From skiing, biking, hiking, kite flying, walking, (I think this counts) watching my baby brother, big games of tag (and I mean big), swimming, basketball. ect... wink.gif

I usually just walk. I take my dog for a walk every day after school, maybe five, six times a week in the summer depending on how hot it is. I often walk around my bedroom before I go to bed too; it helps relax me. But I hate running. Two laps running around the track at school (one is one sixth of a mile) and I'm panting as though a pack of wolves were after me. Run a mile, and I'm ready to pass out. I have zero stamina when it comes to running, and I've never bothered to practice because I hate it so much. Needless to say, I hate PE and most sports. I do horseback ride though.

I walk at least an hour a day. It's one of the only ways to clear my head. I don't really count it as exercise though.

I'm a red belt in TKD. I try to go at least three times a week. I've had to take a bit of a break since I pulled my hamstring (again), though. In the mean time I'm getting into lifting kettlebells - super fun but super exhausting.

I also like to dance, and do "boot camp" type exercises in my room at night if I have extra energy.

I used to be a lot more active when I had the time, but now I don't really. I walk my dog. I walk most places. And... that's about it. tongue.gif I used to play a lot of sport and that'd probably still be my exercise of choice, but it's just difficult to find the time these days.

When I had my dog, I took her for three long walks every day. A year ago she was put down, and I became lazier so walked far less. In April I celebrated my 20 year anniversary at Rockwell-Collins, and for the milestone I could choose a gift from a rather small catalog. The one I chose was a Shogun Rock Mountain 26" mountain bike, and have been riding it 3 to 4 miles daily since it arrived almost two weeks ago.

I don't do much myself. But when I have to, I like walking in nice weather (...probably not the best to do with my foot issues right now, though) or swimming when it's pretty hot out (though I don't really swim much since I'm a bit disinclined to get wet unless it's really hot--and it's not usually hot enough to get me to swim. xd.png Also, too much money to join the nearest pool, don't have one myself.)

...I could probably dust off my bike, haven't used that in ages. Also somewhat fond of rollerblading, though I've never been able to break without crashing. xd.png

Edited by KageSora

You guys are going to laugh.

wait for it...

I unicycle.

No really, it's exercise. Every single time I ride I realize that it's more work than I remember and I wonder why I'm doing it. Since there are no gears riding uphill is not only a trick of balance but also incredible work for even the shallowest incline.

Other than unicylcing I mountain bike occasionally and I ski. I did martial arts for a while but stopped when I went up to college as there wasn't a good kung fu school around.

Like a couple of others I siomply don't have the time for regular excercising. Although I'm going to be joining a Morriss troop, so that may count. I walk a lot at work, though, so I do keep active. And the dog gets a good 3 miles daily.

About the only exercise I get nowadays is karate once a week, unless you count walking from building to building on campus since it's like a 10 minute walk.

During the summer, though, when I have more time, I usually do an hour of exercise with the Wii (don't laugh - it does get your heart pumping and it's fun too!) with Dance Dance Revolution and occasionally Wii Fit. If the weather's good I'll bike, and if it's not too hot and I feel like it I jog down the quarter-mile dead end road right alongside our property. Lifting weights is all right too, even though I can't do too much. I just don't particularly like the treadmill; I'm not really one for structured workouts to begin with. Which is why I like the Wii and biking; they don't seem like a workout in my mind, more like fun with the bonus benefit of working some muscles/heart.

Edited by Dawnwing

I just... walk. I haul feed and carry water, but I just walk. So I'm pretty boring in comparison to the rest of you.

I try to walk at least two hours a day, but I normally end up walking around five. Sometimes in a row, sometimes not. =U

Just (literally, last week) joined a gym with the intention of balancing long hours of sitting at a desk in the office with some sort of physical activity. I'll probably be taking up Bodycombat and Bodypump again (I used to do them before I went to uni, and they're great fun), but that might need to wait a couple of weeks until I've got past the woefully unfit stage with some more gentle workouts, lol.

I used to participate in track and field, esp the 100 meter dash, I also swim, rock climb and ride horses, although nowadays I just can't find the time for it...

I walk 8-12 miles a day. It feels good and I love being outside, so hey. Also helps a lot with stress and anxiety, when I start freaking out about something I make myself shut up and walk.

Meh, I am NOT the sporty person mad.gif But I'm still at school, so we have sports every weekday apart from Monday. We have 35 minutes of swimming on Tuesday, Dance on Wednesday, Gym on Thursday and 1 hr 10 mins of Athletics/Outdoor Games on Friday.

I love to swim and play tennis [especially table tennis] at leisure though :] But the best one is basically walking wink.gif

I used to be a very avid bike rider. Then I moved into the middle of a city with cobblestone streets. =x I'm back out now, but where I am has very thin streets so it's not easy to ride here. I can't really do walking, I have brusitis. But elliptical walkers aren't bad. I have a mini one I got awhile ago as well as a stationary bike.

I've done weight training but somewhat sporadically. I'm currently working on the Body For Life program to get myself back in shape. A good bit of my issue is diet, when I switched jobs. Well my old place had a little caferteria for employees where you could geta hot lunch, buy salad by weight or get soup. Insanely cheap. The soup was a big bowl for .50. And they had a weight room I used. New place, no weight room and nothing but fast food all around. I had never calorie counted etc so I got a little sticker shock when I looked up how bad some of it is to figure out why I was blowing up like a balloon. I've been using allrecipes.com a lot to find healthier meals. That and altering my opinion on paying 2$ for a red bell pepper that will last me a week in various dishes (I used to balk at it) when at them same time I was paying 7$ for a single combo meal. So far, it's been going good.

www.bodyforlife.com

The bike trails around my town are pretty dece, so I like to go on those when the weather permits. My sister raised my interest in rock climbing and hiking, though. If only there was somewhere near to do it .___.`