_Z_

Turpentine breeding results.

I did TurpentinexNocturne and they bred an egg!

Four more turpentine x purple ridgewing refusals (same adults as last time I tried, just a different pair permutation).

*pant, pant*

I've tried a count from scratch, since the spreadsheet isn't being updated anymore. I hope that's useful for someone! I started counting and then I couldn't stop. I think I just lost six hours of my life. x_x

Edit: I intend to update the list (at least) once a week. I won't post in this thread when I update, but I will link to the last post I included in my list in that post; and of course you'll be able to tell from the update timestamp. :)

Wow, it looks very professional and research-esque! =P Thanks for compiling all the info. :D

*pant, pant*

I've tried a count from scratch, since the spreadsheet isn't being updated anymore. I hope that's useful for someone! I started counting and then I couldn't stop. I think I just lost six hours of my life. x_x

Edit: I intend to update the list (at least) once a week. I won't post in this thread when I update, but I will link to the last post I included in my list in that post; and of course you'll be able to tell from the update timestamp. smile.gif

Hey yeah, great job with this. It gives us more than just speculation to go off of, now we have the undeniable facts =o 100% refusals with Moonstones and Ridgewings sure sounds like it was intentionally put in.

Did an experimental breeding of my 4 and here are my results.

Turp x Red = firm refusal

Turp x Whiptail = 1 egg (Whiptail)

Turp x Guardian = firm refusal

Turp x Gold = 1 egg (Turp)

Hey yeah, great job with this. It gives us more than just speculation to go off of, now we have the undeniable facts =o 100% refusals with Moonstones and Ridgewings sure sounds like it was intentionally put in.

Wow, it looks very professional and research-esque! =P Thanks for compiling all the info. biggrin.gif

Thanks! Hopefully I'll also keep compiling it. smile.gif If not, it's at least easily quotable by someone else.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll also keep compiling it. smile.gif If not, it's at least easily quotable by someone else.

Goodness, this will be extremely useful information, but what's the base number you use? 5 Turps, two turps, ect? Or do you just crunch the numbers based on what others are saying?

Goodness, this will be extremely useful information, but what's the base number you use? 5 Turps, two turps, ect? Or do you just crunch the numbers based on what others are saying?

Latter. It's a raw compile from this thread; all 24 pages. I'll put an emphasis on where it says that so it's less confusing. smile.gif

Edit: Done! Let me know if that's better?

Edited by pinkgothic

Latter. It's a raw compile from this thread; all 24 pages. I'll put an emphasis on where it says that so it's less confusing. smile.gif

Your list is *excellent!* Definitely helped me to decide what my next round of "experiments" would be... >:D

Gold Tinsel (m) x Turp (f) = refusal

Turp (m) x Silver Tinsel (f) = refusal

Turp (m) x Gold Tinsel (f) = refusal

Turp (m) x Bronze Tinsel (f) = refusal

Turp (m) x Bronze Tinsel (f) = refusal

Coastal Waverunner (m) x Turp (f) = Turp egg

Turp (m) x Coastal Waverunner (f) = Coastal egg

Thanks again for the statistical compilation!

That's lovely! I really love the way you put it out. You should save it in a word document and update it there and then add whatever info you have. ^^

Turp x Moonstone = 3 refusals

Turp x Ridgewing = 3 refusals

Still seems so strange to me. But I am determind to keep trying. It's a good thing I don't have any plan for either breed currently lol

Urf! TurpentinexMoonstone + Fertility = flat refusal. Interesting.

Though a TurpentinexElectric cross resulted in one Electric egg earlier. I think they look rather good together.

Turp X Turp = 1 success

Turp X purple ridgewing

Turp X regular silver = 1 success

Since I don't have any breeding plans for these two breeds, I decided to try them again this week:

Turp x Purple Ridgewing -> 5 refusals

Turp x Tan Ridgewing -> 8 refusals

Still makes little sense to me, but oh well, I kind of find it funny how predictable the breedings between these two are *shot*

Harvest x Turpentine = Harvest egg

Turpentine x Turpentine = refusal

I guess I should add these here too tongue.gif

Turp x Lumina=Lumina egg

Turp x Lumina=Lumina egg

Turp x lumina - turp egg

Given the refusal rate I've only been breeding ridgewing x turp, getting the expected results.

Twelve cold refusals for the ridges.

I just had 2 Turp x Guardian refusals and my brother had 3.

3 turp x lumina - two gave lumina eggs and the other gave no egg

Add 2 more Turpentine x Guardian refusals to the list!

If it isn't too much to ask, perhaps people can focus their efforts on breeding things with 90-100% refusal rates for now? Especially Guardians, Tinsels, and Moonstones, as they don't have nearly as much data on them as Ridgewings.

Add 2 more Turpentine x Guardian refusals to the list!

If it isn't too much to ask, perhaps people can focus their efforts on breeding things with 90-100% refusal rates for now? Especially Guardians, Tinsels, and Moonstones, as they don't have nearly as much data on them as Ridgewings.

I got a refusal from a Gold Tinsel and another from a Bronze Tinsel. Brother also had a Bronze/Turp refusal.

EDIT: He also bred a messy Black Stripe from Red Stripe/Turp. >_o Also, I don't think there's much of point in trying any breeds that don't have a 100% refusal rate, even if they have a 90% refusal rate. The one egg proves it can be done. But I guess maybe you want to avoid trolling people who claim they got a no egg or something. >_>;

Edited by Saloiq