_Z_

Turpentine breeding results.

Wow, I guess they don't like Ridgewings, Lullakai-Shi!!  ohmy.gif

Purple Dorsal x Turp= Turp egg

Purple Dorsal x Turp= Purple Dorsal egg

Red Dorsal x Turp= no interest

Red Dorsal x Turp= Turp egg

edit:  Realized I mentioned the wrong breed rolleyes.gif

You're telling me! xd.png I've got a lineage with them in mind, named and everything, but at this rate I don't see it happening. >__O

My friend got a Turp x Purple Ridge refusal, and I got 3 of them last week, so that's... 14 Turp x Ridge refusals! Eep.

Add two more to the count huh.gif

Turp x Tan Ridge=refusal

Turp x Tan Ridge=refusal

Have a couple more Turps coming off of cool-down soon, so I can try them with my Purple Ridges, but I see more of the same for any future breedings. Crazy!

I think you might have to rethink the lineage tongue.gif

...is this particular pairing actually possible? huh.gif

That's 15 refusals back-to-back between the three of us just now.

;_; B-but my glorious lineage idea...

...is this particular pairing actually possible? huh.gif

That's 15 refusals back-to-back between the three of us just now.

;_; B-but my glorious lineage idea...

=/ Sorry to hear! I also tried 4 pairings...

Turp x Purple RW = refusal

Turp x Tan RW = refusal

Turp x Tan RW = refusal

Turp x Tan RW = refusal

...I hope someone posts an exception! blink.gif

After reading the recent posts, I went out and tried Ridgewing x Turpentine myself.

CB Purple Ridge x Turpentine = Refusal

2nd gen Purple Ridge x Turpentine = Refusal

Haha, interesting. So far I haven't seen anything that would suggest Turpentines breed differently than other dragons, but this constant refusal with Ridges is looking intentional (or a bug).

21 refusals in a row.

That's beaten the GW refusal streak by a mile. I really hope it's not intentional. >_O The breeds look so good together.

Also tried this combination:

3 refusals; 1 x tan ridgewing, 2 x purple ridgewings either gender.

Looks ominous.

I tried thunder x turpentine - instant don't even want to go near eachother....or something along that lines.

My next will by something fun if it works

Turp x Albino=Turp egg

I know my albinos breed like rabbits, so no surprise for me there.

3 Tan x Turp

1 Purple Ridgie x Turp

All refused. >_>

Brother had 4 more refusals, 3 x Purple and 1 x Tan, just like me.

Edited by Saloiq

3 Tan x Turp

1 Purple Ridgie x Turp

All refused. >_>

Brother had 4 more refusals, 3 x Purple and 1 x Tan, just like me.

I got 5 pair tanX Turp refused、

I have a Turp I picked up from the AP that's a Turp- GW egg (now hatchling and maturing).

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hButZ

So it can be done.

I think how minimal it gives you eggs of the mated breed (if non-Turp) is really interesting.

ninja.gif

Edited by dead.girl.walking

That's 37 refusals in a row for Turp x Ridgewing (regular and tan). blink.gif I think I can say bye-bye to my 'Painted Wings' lineage idea. =<

Surely if it was intended that Ridges and Turps can't be bred, then they wouldn't show in each others breeding lists? This is what's puzzling me.

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

Forgot to post this here. But yesterday I bred 3 turpentine x goldern wyvern pairings and got a turpentine egg from each one. smile.gif For an IOU which I thought was going to take a whole lot longer to fulfill.

That's 37 refusals in a row for Turp x Ridgewing (regular and tan). :blink: I think I can say bye-bye to my 'Painted Wings' lineage idea. =<

Surely if it was intended that Ridges and Turps can't be bred, then they wouldn't show in each others breeding lists? This is what's puzzling me.

It seems strange to me if this is intentional, since nothing in the Ridgewing's description mentions why they in particular might dislike Turpentines. If it was a breed like Rosebuds then I could understand, since they're described as giving off sweet, floral scents and like spreading it around. I'm wondering if this is a bug of some sort, since 100% Ridgewing refusal is a bit random.

That's 37 refusals in a row for Turp x Ridgewing (regular and tan). blink.gif I think I can say bye-bye to my 'Painted Wings' lineage idea. =<

Out of curiosity, I tried 6 Turpentines with Ridgewings and got nothing but refusals. It reminds me of back when Silver and Stones couldn't breed for some reason.

I've gone ahead and PMed Sock since this all does seem a little bit strange.

I've gone ahead and PMed Sock since this all does seem a little bit strange.

Maybe they still show up on the list because, unlike Splits and normal dragons, the Turpentines and Ridgewings are technically compatible, but simply don't like each other, and so they won't be removed until there's an actual refusal. That's pretty much how it is with other dragons - there are dragons on the list that they're definitely going to refuse, but until you get the actual refusal message, they aren't removed.

Also, it is possible that they can breed, but that the rate of success is extremely minimal. That could be a pain, but it would certainly make their offspring valuable.

Maybe they still show up on the list because, unlike Splits and normal dragons, the Turpentines and Ridgewings are technically compatible, but simply don't like each other, and so they won't be removed until there's an actual refusal.  That's pretty much how it is with other dragons - there are dragons on the list that they're definitely going to refuse, but until you get the actual refusal message, they aren't removed.

Also, it is possible that they can breed, but that the rate of success is extremely minimal.  That could be a pain, but it would certainly make their offspring valuable.

Very true, but since we're at 43 (I think?) refusals in a row, it does seem unusual compared to the relative success of others breedings, even the GWs, which at first seemed impossible. If TJ confirms there's nothing out of order, then at least we know the refusals are legitimate and not the result of some odd bug. ^^; Doesn't hurt to inquire in any case.

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

"By the way, humans fascinated by our reproduction patterns, we don't like dragons that reek of turpentine."

^ Suddenly imagined something along those lines appearing in the breed description. =P

Wellll, ridgewings were released before turps anyway and excluding marrows, the whole repulsive-breed-altogether thing is pretty new so it's not surprising that there's no mention in the ridgewing description. Don't think generally most of the "older" in-game dragons have specific dis/liked traits mentioned in their descriptions anyway. It's more like the turps going "Oh yeah, other dragons don't like making babies with us."