Predat0rs

The Hunters Competition

Thread was approved by rubyshoes.

New Layout biggrin.gif

If it looks yucky on your skin choice, sorry about that smile.gif

user posted image

• user posted image
  • This is a competition to raise dragons! How fun!
  • You get 4 breeds to choose from. 3 Breeds are the Competition Breeds, worth 1 point. 1 Breed is a Bonus Breed, worth 2 points.
  • Adult Dragons are only counted when they were raised between the 1st - 30th/31st of each month. Dragons caught before the 1st are welcome as long as they are raised to adulthood AFTER the 1st.
  • You may catch from the AP, breed your dragons, and trade for dragons. You may not ask people to breed you BONUS BREEDS for FREE.
  • You must remain active throughout the competition. Anyone who has not had a competition egg on their scroll for 7 days will be sent a PM asking whether or not they're still participating.
  • Your friends cannot help you with the competition. This is not a group effort. They can BREED you eggs, but nothing further.
  • All First Place Prizes are awarded on the 3RD of the next month. This is so we can prepare for the next competition, et cetera.

Please post "I love dinosaurs!" in your post. Make it green.

• user posted image
We have two winning categories. Points and Total Number of Dragons Raised. Each Scroll Trophy Category will receive 2 first prizes.

POINTS FIRST PLACE: 5 Random CB Hatchlings + ONE Rare/Uncommon Hatchling

DRAGONS RAISED FIRST PLACE: 7 Random CB Hatchlings

We also have mini-prizes for completing a "goal." You will find more info on this under the Competition post below.

• user posted image
I want to join!

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

Trophy:

Proof I Can Read Rules: (this is hidden)

[color=#0147FA]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Geneva][SIZE=20]I want to join![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[B]Forum Name:[/B]
[B]Scroll Link:[/B]
[B]Trophy:[/B]
[B]Proof I Can Read Rules:[/B][/color]

Once you're accepted into the competition, use the below form. Please update your registration post with your collected dragons. Use one form per breed of dragon.

[color=#0147FA][u]Dragon Registration Form:[/u][/color]
[color=#0147FA][b]Dragon Breed:[/b]
[b]Codes of Raised Adults:[/b][/color]

Edited by predatorfan4ever

• user posted image
  • user posted imageuser posted imageWORTH 1 POINT EACH
  • user posted imageuser posted imageWORTH 1 POINT EACH
  • user posted imageWORTH 1 POINT EACH
  • user posted imageuser posted imageWORTH 2 POINTS EACH NOTE: Only SunSet dragons are counted!

• user posted image

These will be announced once the competition gets entries.

user posted image

user posted imageGOLD TROPHY:

user posted imageSILVER TROPHY:

user posted imageBRONZE TROPHY:

• user posted image

Please read this before asking any questions. If something isn't explained here, feel free to ask. If your question is answered here, but isn't detailed enough, you may also ask the question again. Please explain what you do not understand.

When does registration for each round end?

Registration never ends. Some people may come into the competition late, and if they feel they still want to join, they may do so.

Most registrations have an answer to "Proof I read the rules," but I cannot find a reference in the original/opening post to include it in the registration. Am I blind?

The "Proof I Can Read The Rules" isn't just a sitting duck. You should see it once it registers that you have to highlight.

So in Theory we can start collecting now, as long as they don't grow up before (MONTH NAME) 1st, right?

Yes, you may begin collecting before the first as long as they grow up AFTER the first. This is because some people may trade for things that were stolen before the first of the month. Sometimes, though, the selected breeds won't be available until the actual first. If this happens, obviously you cannot collect anything YOURSELF before the first.

Shall we post here our acheived adults? Or how will you keep track?

The reason I make you post a new post for your raised adults is because if we end up wiping the thread, the first thing I want gone is the acceptance posts. Keep your raised adult post updated. It's best you keep track of Total Number of Dragons and Total Points on that post as well.

Are CB's permitted

Yes, they are. The reason I decided to make my own competition is because I competed in the Common Collector's Competition. Honestly, I wanted more actual competition. I didn't want you to simply grab 5, 6, 7 things off the AP and raise them and repeat. I know, I know, the whole point of that competition is to grab COMMONS, but I wanted to have a bit more variety when it comes to species. Cave hunting, woopie! Breeding, woopie! Trading like maniacs, woopie! Grabbing off the AP, woopie!

With the teleport links, it's kind hard to tell what was a trade agreement and what is "cheating." Help me out?

There's no stopping anyone from cheating. If they really want to be a sore loser and cheat, I can't do anything about it. There isn't any outstanding proof that would label them as a cheater. I would hope no one cheats, but can you or I really tell? The reason I'm allowing teleportation is because some breeds may need to be bred for and some may not have those breeds.

Can we suggest combos such as stone, green BONUS: geode?

Yes, you may. It's quite rare I'd use that as a competition, but you can still suggest it!

Is there anything we cannot suggest?

Yes, there are, actually!

Metallics, Tinsels, Unbreedables, and anything else that is WAY TOO HARD.

Sometimes I will throw in a random rare as the first post says, but that's rare in of itself.

Can we trade for competition hatchlings?

Yes. As per the rules:

You may catch from the AP, breed your dragons, and trade for dragons. You may not ask people to breed you BONUS BREEDS for FREE.

This includes hatchlings.

How does the points system work regarding mini-prizes? Can a dragon count for more than one mini-prize category?

Competition breeds are worth 1 point. Bonus breeds are worth 2 points.

If you raise X amount of dragons, they can all count towards more than one mini-prize. If the mini-goal is to raise X dragons, and you successfully do that, you will receive X amount of CB Hatchlings. If those X amount of dragons also add up point-wise to a mini-goal, you will receive an X amount of hatchlings for that goal as well. One dragon can count towards all mini-goals, regardless.

I want to participate!

Forum Name: gistofeverything

Scroll Link: Here~!

Trophy: Silver~

PM Link: PM

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: Spitfires, Canopies, Nocturnes, Blunas (Bonus)

Proof I Can Read: I love Dinosaurs♥~!

Copypasta info:

[url=dragcave.net/user/emoguy42]gistofeverything[/url] - [url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=4&MID=120849]PM[/url]

Welcome! You've been added!

Thank you for the suggestions, they will be taken into account smile.gif

Your friends cannot raise eggs FOR YOU. They cannot raise eggs and then give you the hatchlings. They can breed for you, just not raise things for you.

Excuse me for being skeptical, but doesn't that mean you can't trade for that breed's hatchies? I mean, with the teleport links, its kind hard to tell what was a trade agreement and what is "cheating". blink.gif

Excuse me for being skeptical, but doesn't that mean you can't trade for that breed's hatchies? I mean, with the teleport links, its kind hard to tell what was a trade agreement and what is "cheating". blink.gif

Actually, that's a very valid point. If people really wanna cheat, I guess there's nothing stopping them... I will probably end up editing that rule saying it cannot be a "group" effort.

Also: schusteralex2, you are accepted!

Just wondering, are you avoiding competition breed pools that are like.. 1pt: Green, Stone, and Harvest with bonus being Geode? With the bonus dragon being a breedable from the 1pters?

Just wondering, are you avoiding competition breed pools that are like.. 1pt: Green, Stone, and Harvest with bonus being Geode? With the bonus dragon being a breedable from the 1pters?

No, I am not going to say no to those suggestions. But it will probably be pretty rare that I would use those exact dragons in a single competition anyways smile.gif

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Cheystar

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/cheystar

Trophy: Gold

PM Link: Cheystar

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: Stone, Spitfire, Balloon, Pygmy (please indicate which breed is the Bonus Breed) Bluna, Gold Horned Tangar

Proof I Can Read:That "I love dinosaurs" has been removed as of MY posting of this, but I read it all, and it sounds fun. Ok, I found it, but I didn't know I had to highlight the area to get to it. blink.gif

Edited by Cheystar

I want to participate!

Forum Name: airaani

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/airaani

Trophy: gold

PM Link: PM me

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: nocturne, daydream, mint, grey, bonus: royal blue, purple ridgewing

Proof I Can Read: I love dinosaurs!

Edited by airaani

I'd like to be removed if possible, something has come up that will make it hard for me to get to my computer for awhile.

Edited by xChemi

I want to participate!

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Link: My Scroll

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: (please indicate which breed is the Bonus Breed) Grey, Green, Stone, Two-headed (bonus) - Is that okay, or do they have to be breed-only?

Proof I Can Read: I love Dinosaurs

I am a little confused, too. Are the breeds shown in the first post going to be the breeds for May, or are they just examples?

Are CB's permitted, and if NOT, what if one made a trade and got CB's?

Cave Born dragons ARE permitted. A lot of the competition breeds aren't always overly common on the AP, so of course the Cave is a great place to hunt as well!

As to the first post, it's an EXAMPLE of a Competition. The breeds you're suggesting in the Forms are going to be considered for MAY.

The real breeds you will need to collect will be displayed under the "May Competition" post smile.gif

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Belisar

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Belisar

PM Link: PM *^-^*

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: Balloon, Earth, Sunstone - Bonus Dragon: Pillow or Vine

Proof I Can Read: I love dinosaurs! (well, even if reading it was tricky xd.png)

Nice smile.gif

So in Theory we can start collecting now, as long as they don't grow up before May 1st, right? smile.gif

Oh and now a real question.. Shall we post here our acheived adults? Or how will you keep track? (if you wrote it somewhere, I am very sorry that I didn't see it. ^^" Read through it 3 times now. ^^")

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Pinkieseb

Scroll Link: dragcave.net/user/pinkieseb

Trophy: bronze

PM Link: Pm

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: Nocturne, Whiptail, BONUS: Nebula

Proof I Can Read: I Love Dinosaurs!

Another question: when does registration for next/current (each) round end?

One more: Most registrations have "Proof I read the rules: I love Dinosaurs", but I cannot find a reference in the original/opening post to including "I love dinosaurs" in the registration. Am I blind? -OK, I found it, but why would I be highlighting the post way up there?

Sorry for posting again, wasn't sure an edit would be spotted.

Because - most threads have the "proof I read the rules" wayyy too easy to spot...I thought, hey, maybe they'd see an empty bullet point with some faint white text and highlight what it says, because, hey, they need to read everything, right? wink.gif

Also: registration can be throughout the entire competition. Someone can always come out late.

So in Theory we can start collecting now, as long as they don't grow up before May 1st, right?

Oh and now a real question.. Shall we post here our acheived adults? Or how will you keep track? (if you wrote it somewhere, I am very sorry that I didn't see it. ^^" Read through it 3 times now. ^^")

Since the competition breeds have not been chosen yet, you cannot collect yet this round. As the competition progresses and other rounds start, you will be able to have this ability.

Simply make a new post with the Dragon Registration Form on May 1st (or after, but it's probably best to get it in right away). You will keep editing that post to add your dragons. If you keep that up to date, it shouldn't be a problem to keep up with your dragons and achievements.

I apologise. I assumed it was a typo - there's so many around, especially without spell-check (I miss spell-check).

Don't worry, it's perfectly fine to ask questions! I will try and edit the first post to include most of the information you guys have been asking for.

Actually, I'll probably just use one of my reserved posts to make a FAQ!

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Remy400

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Poppithelab

Trophy: bronze

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: (please indicate which breed is the Bonus Breed) Grey, Green, Stone, Balloons (Two-headed bonus)

Proof I Can Read: I Love Dinosaurs!

I want to participate!

Forum Name: peroxide

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/peroxide

Trophy: Non-Trophy

Next Competition Breed Suggestions: Waterhorse, Mint, Balloon - BONUS: Geode

Proof I Can Read Rules:I love dinosaurs!

Edited by Peroxide