Mousia

The Fatal Letter

Ms. Rose rolled into the parking lot and sighed deeply. Another day of work. A usual day of work. The woman stepped out of her car and made her way out of the wet, humid parking lot and turned to enter the building. When she did enter, agents parted out of respect and in hopes that they would be noticed by her and given some type of reward. The young lady shook them off and started towards the office. Up two flights of stair. The usual path. Nothing was going to be strange. Nothing. That was before she noticed Sarisha leaned up against her office door. What could she want?

Sirin biked and biked and biked. She finally reached the office building and locked her bike to the bike rack that she had grown to know to well. She knew every dent and scratch. After securing her vehicle, Sirin undid her helmet and tucked it under her arm, making her way towards her office. Her hair was slightly messy, but she paid no mind. Her appearance was not in her thoughts. What did it matter? She would always be the same person inside.

Sarisha looked up and stood straight as Ms. Rose approched her. She crossed her arms after securing her sunglasses. "I need to... to speek with you." Unfortunately for her, her voice faltered a bit. 'Damnit.' She thought, fixing her sunglasses again.

Edited by Quhanta

"Okay," Ms. Rose replied smoothly as she brushed past Sarisha and ever-so-slowly pulled out her key chain. Pulling each key and inspecting it, the young woman found the right one and unlocked the heavy, metal door. As she entered, the lady drank in the chill from the air conditioner that she had left on through the night. Ms. Rose made her way over to desk and sat down in her comfy chair that gave her an air of importance, which the high back of it and sleek black leather. She leaned on her elbows, which were placed on her desk, and weaved her fingers together. "How can I help you?"

Lydia was lieing on her desk, trying to have her best... I'm-going-to-throw-up face. The baby food lieing in her desk as the teacher continued their math lecture. She had already had science today, and history wouldn't be inexchanged with science for another week, and as far as she could tell; her Lanuage arts teacher is sick today. And was reported not to be back until Tommorow. And they hadn't arrange any substitute to take her place, so math was just to be longer to take up that time.

"Ell..." Lydia murmured/groaned just loud enough for the students next to her would hear. Lowering her head as if she dropped her pencil, when she was really reaching for the baby food. Taking the lid off quietly and quickly, she tipped some baby food into her mouth. Then Lydia put the lid back on and returned to the top of her desk. She sipped some of the water out of her water bottle to make the baby food watery. Waiting another couple of minutes before leaning her head over the desk and...

Lydia raised her hand weakly and tried her best to look pale. "Yes Lydia?" Her teacher asked, and she pointed to the pile of 'throw up' on the ground. A couple minutes later after the janitor and the teacher talked And cleaned the baby food, she was dismissed and walked back to her room.

Sarisha hesitated before entering Ms. Rose's exceptionally cold office. In responce to her, she spoke slowly. Hopefully, that would stop the cracks in her voice. "I wanted to know... How much about my life do you actually know?" She pushed her sunglasses to close to her face and whinced, slightly.

Ryu's hand was cramping up from all the notes he was taking. 'Why are there so many notes on the comma!?' He thought to himself, as he started page six of his notes.

"You want an honest answer, kid?" Ms. Rose's voice was suddenly much more weathered and slightly sarcastic, almost like a groan. Her fox-red hair seemed to glow from the light emanating from the window behind her. The woman's head was rested upon her hand and all of that was balanced on her right elbow, which was still balanced against her desk. The woman's left arm was resting casually across her desk. The day had just spun out of control. Definitely not normal. That kid -Sarisha- she wasn't normal either. What had happened at her house? Abusive parents...?

"Yes. I want to know exactly what you know about me." Sarisha wanted to stand there and listen. It was unusual for her, but she had to know what was a secret and what was well known.

(I am leaving to go camping today in two hours. I will return on Sunday night. tongue.gif )

Reina sweated in the heat of the sun, even though it was still morning. Scott panted from within the basket attatched to the front of her bike. Her feet seemed to get heavier until, finally, the office. She sighed gratefully as she approached the bike rack. She took out her bike lock, unlocked it, and hooked it through her front tire and back/frame. Scott barked excitedly and Reina lifted him gently out of the basket. His tail was wagging furiously. She cuddled him up against her chest and supported him bottom with her other hand. Together, they entered the building.

(Okay, Quhanta)

Ms. Rose sighed deeply. Honesty. What a trait! No one seemed to possess it entirely. She only knew of small children who were mostly honest. Even then, children were capable of lies, though the world turned a deaf ear to them. No one wanted to believe that the very symbolism of innocence was tainted. "We know...about you. That's all that I can tell you."

Sirin grinned as the air conditioned air hit her skin. The young woman kept going and proceeded up. Up the stairs. Up to where her cubicle was. Up to a higher plane of existence. Literally. She sat down in her chair and pressed the ON button of her computer. The poor thing was outdated, but there were not funds to replace every computer in the office, so it was left to die.

Marcus walked up the steps to the office building and stepped inside. He was carrying a gym bag over his shoulder and in his hands was his tablet, which at the time he was monitoring security cameras of the building with an app that he had a friend write. It was like a training app that monitored security cameras and if he was spotted walking into the sight of one of the cameras an alarm would go off on his tablet. But there was more to it, using the cameras a graphical depiction of the building was made, as well as his numerous walkthroughs. So the app also added red blips onto the map of the building that he had to avoid to avoid detection. It kept him alert and trained even during long periods of stand-down. He made his way to the elevator and down to the gym so he could do some work outs. After his service he felt he needed to do something that kept his mind off of his past. If he wasn't on a mission and he was keeping still for too long he felt like he would freak out. On his way down he turned off the app on his tablet and put it in his bag. He stepped out of the elevator and towards the locker rooms.

((This is depressing, I expected more posts than this by now sad.gif... Come one people!!! I want to get involved in this!!))

Edited by Danniphantom

Lydia walked to the elevator after she had rested in her room for a couple of minutes. She breathed, and pressed a button which she knew would lead her to the locker rooms... And then the gym. Lydia had skinny arms that had hardly any strength, her legs could run fast for her age, but you don't see many people her age around her. Which she kinda liked since she always had gotten better friends out of the older kids and some of the younger kids more then her own age. She her legs could just run about as fast as the average people in this building could. But Lydia's arms were as weak as foam. Even a baby could win in a arm wrestle easily with her. It was quiet embarrassing, so she usually kept her training to herself. So she was hoping no one would be there. She walked out of the elevator and into the locker rooms.

Marcus walked out into the gym and went straight for the pull-up bar. He grabbed the bar and pulled himself up so that the bar was at his waist. When there he swung his leg over and then managed to get the other over. He lowered himself down so he was hanging upside down on the bar. "I hate these." He said to himself as he started doing sit-up like motions. He started fast, then he slowed down when he got to 50 or so then by the time he got to 70 he started to struggle more. He continued on as his face got red and he stopped concentrating on his breathing. He finished when he got to 120 and he slowly lowered himself down. He then faced the bar again and started to do normal pull-ups.

Lydia didn't notice Marcus at the other side of the gym when she entered. She was a bit to nervous to think and decided to rather do. So, she crouched on the floor, pondering how to do a sit up. I guess my legs go straight and my arms go- She thought until she was disturbed by falling. "Oof," She groaned, and tried to do a push up again and again until she gave up at a grand total of 0. Still not noticing Marcus, she crawled over to some weights. Each with a number which said how many pounds it weighed. She choose the 1 pound one. This is easy, Lydia beamed and picked up the 2 pound one and had the same result. And then she kept doing that until sixteen pounds, where it had gotten very hard to lift it up even an inch. "Ow! Ow ow ow..." She dropped the weight on her foot, and now she was dragging her foot from under it. "Ow.."

((At first I was thinking that that wasn't a lot, and then I looked at your bio and saw her age, lol. Anyway...))

Marcus looked over as sweat ran down his nose. He did another pull up and dropped himself down on the floor. "You OK?" He asked walking over and picking up the weight putting it back on the rack. He wiped the sweat off his face with his towel after.

Reina stood in the lobby and looked around awkwardly. She didn't actually have any assigned job as far as she knew. It would probably be safest if she just went up to her cubicle. The walk upstairs was confusing, but she managed to get around. She arrived to the sight of an empty group. Well, mostly empty. Sirin was sitting in front of an old fossil of a PC. Reina waved a hand. "Hello." she said pleasantly. Her box was a cramped little thing. It only had a desk and monitor since she hadn't bothered to bring anything for it. She sat down and let Scott sit under the table. "So... Do you know exactly what we're supposed to be doing?"

"Gah!" Lydia screamed when the man talked,"Uh, Uh," She started a bit embarrassed to say much really. She didn't mind the stabbing pain that was loose on her foot, right now her concern was focused on the man. Though, she started trying to get the weight off while watching the man to see his reply.

((Sorry for another shortie...))

((It's alright, I know it's difficult to actually post long posts when interacting with someone smile.gif ))

"Let me see it." Marcus said gently, referring to her foot to see if she was really alright. He lifted the weight off and set it to the side as he lifted his knee up so she could place her foot on it. "Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you." He said giving her a friendly reassuring smile.

Edited by Danniphantom

(I'm back! Did anyone miss me? biggrin.gif Just kidding.)

Sarisha stared at her through the dark glasses. 'What the hell?' She thought. "What do you mean 'that's all you can tell me!?' Don't I have a right to know what you know about me?" Her glasses slid partally down her nose, reveiling spome purple and deep blue brusing around her left eye. She quickly pushed up her glasses, hoping that Ms. Rose didn't see, but she still wanted answers. She was not leaving that office without having some indication of what the woman knew about her personal life.

Ryu watched the clock in between questions.

Sirin looked up to see Reina and Scott come in. As they took their places, Reina spoke to Sirin. "Hi there, guys," her voice was a bit distant as she tried to figure out how her computer worked. After continually banging it against her table in response to an error message, it made a few frantic noises and got back to working correctly. The woman beamed with pride at her handiwork before even thinking about Reina's question. "Um...well...we answer calls and browse the internet until we get called to a mission. I actually like this schedule 'cause it's easier to slip out and grab a coffee. Y'know?"

Ms. Rose pursed her lips. "Go." Her slender finger was pointing towards the door. "Now." Her voice shook with anger. What right did the kid have to order her around? None at all! The woman stood to enforce her point.

Apollo jogged around the building in circles. Occasionally, he waved to people as they passed him, going somewhere else. They man still jogged along, gradually speeding his pace to a sprint. He had always been athletic, but he was pushing himself more and more each day. He planned to leave someday and run in the Olympics. He'd be a household name. Or so he thought.

Sarisha was verry annoyed at Ms. Rose. She had been ordered to leave, but Sarisha was not fully understanding what the problem was. 'Am I under suspicion?' She thought. She leaned forward, slightly, and spoke more calmly. "I just want to look at my own file. Is there a problem with that?"

Ryu finished his test early, and he asked to go out in the hallway. The teacher permitted it and he sat down beside his loccer, six feet from the classroom door. Ryu pulled out his tablet and checked his mission logs: nothing. 'Damn.' He thought. 'I like missions.' He smiled and returned his tablet to his bag. He, then, pulled out a book and read until the end of the period.

Reina nodded. "A desk job? I was expecting something a little more... exciting." She held down the power button on the moniter with a click. After about four seconds, the moniter popped on with a static crackle. She frowned at it. Was she allowed to buy a new one for her desk? Reina reaced down and pressed the adjoining power button on the tower. It was much quicker to respond and only made a faint whirring noise. The old computer went to a blue loading screen. Scott looked up at her and cocked his head.

"Summers are slow. I've played 2,876 games of solitaire over the years. We usually get mission by this time, though..." Sirin trailed off as she heard the noise again. It could only mean one thing. "Reina...we just got lucky." A grin was growing upon her face as the woman fumbled around with her things to find the tablet. When she finally did, Sirin hesitated. Would it be a mission she did not like? Or would it be fun? The last time, it had just been her. That had been boring. Beyond boring. More like...torture.

Ms. Rose sighed with her annoyance still growing. "Get out of my damn office." She stood and walked around to where Sarisha was. Her body was shaking with frustration and anger and rage. The woman's vibrant eyes bubbled with poison and threatened to shoot little, fatal missiles of it at Sarisha. The day when she needed things to be normal, this girl just comes in and wants to see her file. Pfft. No way.

(I'll send the mass PM to y'all in a bit.)

(BTW, the two teams will be working co-op on this one.)

"What did I do?" She asked. 'Well, you yelled at her.' She thought. "Are my parent's names on the file? That's all I wanted to know?" She walked with the shaking Ms. Rose, toward the door.

Ryu looked around the room of his next class. The teacher was late. No. There was a substatute that walked through the door. When she did attendance, people switched names and chatted. Durring class, a few people next to Ryu were making up who they were. One said that they were an alien, another a ninja. The substatute looked over at Ryu. "So, what are you then?" She stated, hands on her hips. Not wanting to miss out on some fun, he said, "I'm a secret agent." He waved his hands around, in the air. Ryu wanted them to think he was kidding around with the rest of them. After Ryu, a few kids said that they were spys and FBI agents. This lass would be fun.

"No. Not their names, but they do appear in...various places," Ms. Rose answered the question, finally realizing that it was actually important. If one counted the rookies that came into her office wanting to see files, one could be counting for hours, but this one was different. Her file was different. "Why? We can deal with this...covertly. No one has to know. You have to tell me what went down last night, though." Her tone changed to gentle one, kind of like those high school therapists that 'just wanted to talk'. But Ms. Rose had more power than those stupid therapists. She had enough to wipe out the problem, although that would be...a last resort for the last resort. No one wanted to purge problems like Sarisha had, but sometimes it was the only option.