Obscure_Trash

Rant Thread

Firstly, I’d very much like a job that is not in service, because people are ****ing ingrates, and also pigs. They’re pigs who think that as long as no one sees them, they can get away with being ****ing pigs. But guess what, there’ ALWAYS someone who has to clean up your mess, and I am confident I am not the only one of us who silently hope you’ll get a face full of your own garbage one day.                                                                                                                                          

---

Yeah, but see, if you’re going to leave your gamers on an “it is what you make of it” note, then you actually have to give us something to make of it. What did you want when you made Gris?

Ok, if you want to be mainly artsy before being a game then I’m going to treat you like you’re art:

so your theme is overcoming depression and feelings of homogenous void, and also showcases the five stages of grief. Ok, those are pretty common themes, and “five stages of grief” is even a trope. Now, what do you do with them that distinguishes you from every other depiction of these themes?

Nothing?

You just use them? What for?

Honestly, I got the impression that everything about this game has already been done before, often much better, by other games. Yeah, it is beautiful looking and has a beautiful soundtrack, but is otherwise not much else.

It's rather telling how everyone who likes it proclaims any variation of "the story is amazing!" but there isn't a single soul talking about what the story was

Man, Yahtzee really had some good lines about this game; "while being threatened by an ever encroaching amorphous blackness, also known as baby's first metaphor", "(...) but what's the story here? Sad person wants to be less sad?".

---

So flippin' disappointed. She didn't' even want the dog in the first place, so why the heck is she allowed to pass the final judgement on his name? So now she claims that she's wanted that name for her own dog, two hours after she first heard it, and after she first argued that she already knows someone who's has a dog with that name. Smells like BS I think, surely that ought to have been her first argument against it if it were true.

Edited by Ripan

Breeding dragons and get only 7 eggs out of 16 attempts -- and these are common x common proven pairs! What's up with that, Dragon Cave?

I get miffed when people say things like, "Don't be such a child/act your age/grow up."

First of all, the ocean is old as ****, and it will still drown you if you're not smart. Age is just a number.

Secondly, children are typically the kindest, cleverest, most resourceful people I know. I think a more accurate phrase would be, "Don't be such an adult."

Great, now the Twitter website looks like the Twitter iPhone app, and whenever I've been away from the computer for a while, it switches to the stupid "best tweets first" thing. ALL I WANT IS A CHRONOLOGICAL TIMELINE. Don't decide for me which tweets are "the best". Let me read all the tweets and decide for myself. YES, you might guess correctly that I will always want to see the photos from that one guy who found the cat family under his bed, but I will find them anyway! Because I read ALL THE TWEETS! ... Except for the ones about sports, malware, or guitar brands, I guess. But show me those anyway, because I've decided to follow those people! That means I want to see all their tweets! Stop making it more complicated than that, Twitter!

Fine, don't say a **** thing about your plans for tomorrow so we sure as heck can't work anything out together. What can I do when you feel like being a childish ****ing idiot instead of, y'know, a decent human being!

I'm lonely. No one cares.

I'm actually improving in drawing class. No one cares.

I'm on auto pilot 24/7 in public because being around human beings physically disturbs me. No one caaaaaaares.

If no one is truly supposed to care about anyone else, then life would be meaningless.

People are always nice to me because I'm tall and pretty, but humans don't really seem to give a **** about anyone but themselves. They just act welcoming and quickly forget your existence. They're only courteous with me because I appear to the world in an attractive shell. How revolting. I'd take brutal honesty over societal nicety any day.

Also, I started taking belly dancing classes. Real Turkish style, not fusion. One more skill I can add to my repertoire.

/returns to her dog-filled lair

The roller blind on one of our windows doesn't go up anymore. It just stopped working, and now it's halfway down until we find out who built it, call them, get them to come here, and probably wait until they have the parts (and/or time) for fixing it. (It's also too big and heavy to just manually push it up and hold it with tape or something.)

And I'm disproportionately stressed out because of this, because it means I won't be able to take my "weather photos" for DAYS. This is the ONE roller blind on this house that needs to be open at six specific times during the day so I can take a photo by placing my cellphone in the exact same spot on the window every time, and now half of the photo (the more interesting half, with the sky and the mountain) will be covered by that stupid roller blind. Why couldn't one of the others break? The photos are not even for a specific purpose, and I can't logically explain it to my husband, it's just something I do - and that I WAS NOT MENTALLY PREPARED TO STOP DOING! And I know this shouldn't be a problem, but it is for me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :angry: 🔥

Stop laughing at me. I'm a cat and I will scratch you.

The frustration of picking up an egg in the AP that would be the perfect mate for one of my dragons, which then turns out to precog wrong and is too low-time to influence. Drop it. Pick up another egg which is a sibling. Hold my breath while I precog that one. Wrong gender again! :angry:

**** nothing is going my way today. Wake up to the sounds of a renovation that should've ended three days ago. Feel like a fat ugly piece of ****. Go to art club, flub about miserably for two hours and feel like quitting art forever. Go to the gym that's like a 30 minute walk away from your place. Gym is reserved by some random group for the next hour or two. Feel like you want to jump in front of the next car you see just so you could escape the endless feeling of frustration that you can't channel away into something else. I'm just about ready to **** die.

“Hello! How are you?” 

*is ignored* 

Louder because maybe they just didn’t hear me: “Hello! How are you.” 

“Oh. I’m just waiting on blah blah.” He says dismissively. 

I KNOW THAT. I AM SAYING HELLO. IM ASKING HOW YOU ARE. I MAY NOT WORK AT THIS OFFICE EVERYWEEK BUT I LIKE TO SAY HI TO PEOOLE I DONT KNOW. THIS IS THE FLIPPING SOUTH WHERE WE ARE FRIENDLY TO PEOPLE WE DONT KNOW. WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS. 

This is literally why I took a break from the world a few years ago. Another guy is expressing interest in me. I can't handle breaking someone's heart because I'm in love with someone else (my mysterious crush I've been mentioning lately).

Don't be attractive. 0/10 would not recommend. Drax was right.

This holiday season has been ****, always on the edge of having to pack up an evacuate my house because half my ****ing country is on fire

Just never want to bring this up again, but i was banned from unoffical and official dc cause of a rumor... :( the mods there didn't even check with me and instantly banned me... I don't know what to say since they really didn't check and this person was really spreading rumors of me. I had my suspicions but yeah, it was really making me angry to know that someone was framing me for harassment. Getting into a argument once is just not a good reason to get banned

(Is this in the right section?)

Today was my first acting class, and I nailed everything. There is this obnoxious girl who's trying to be Mini-Teacher with no clue what she's doing, but I asserted myself with actions, and ended up spending the class as the real teacher's demonstration partner. (I displayed more balls than anyone else there, and that includes the four guys.) This girl was clearly miffed about it, since she landed in the same pantomime group as me and shot down my suggestions in a last-ditch attempt to show us all what an expert narcissist she is. Boy, is she in for it. Not only do I come from a family of actors who've shared their knowledge with me, but I'm taking this class at the same school I work for. Every teacher, assistant, stage manager, propmaster, scenic designer, costumer, and stagehand is my friend. If she tries to actively sabotage my learning experience, it will not go well for her.

I don't know how she's gonna play the rest of the semester, but if she starts something with me, I'll finish it. I have no tolerance for loud idiots, narc or otherwise.

Why is it that people post in their sig that they want something and you offer, but they don't bother to answer your PM?

Why can't I sleep?  It's 3:18 am for Pete's sake.  

My internet decided to be slow and I didn't get it. I'm crying right now. I have wanted to catch my own Silver ever since I joined the website. Is it even worth hunting when there are so many users online? i might as well give up. I saw a Gold last night (didn't catch it either) and a Bronze which I could have caught but decided I didn't want it (I only have one egg slot left anyway). I feel like giving up, I only saw one Silver, this is my first one I have ever seen in the cave and I didn't catch it... I am certain I never will. They are too rare and there are too many users. It's so unfair. I think TJ should up the drop rates because it's so impossible.

Also, I know there are a lot of nice people who will breed their Silvers for me if I asked, or I could even trade for one, but I don't want either of those, I want to catch one myself.

What should I do? Should I just give up? It seems impossible.

Sorry for the vent, I'm just so angry and sad, it truly feels like I will never catch one.

I've been playing this game for a long time now, and some other games with rare rewards and drops too. For this game, I never even considered a Neglected possible. I was around when prize dragons were new and rare enough that I was able to trade my way into some cb metallics, and I think I actually have caught a few - purely by luck. But otherwise? Yea it honestly is best to sort of give up on a goal like this if it's impeding your fun.

I really would recommend against hunting for cb metallics exclusively. I've definitely only caught mine when I was hunting for something else like a tan ridgewing. I would also wait until you have multiple egg slots. Once you grab something where the eggs aren't moving fast, reload immediately to see what replaces it. That's how I usually catch rares, because then I'm in control of the timing of a new drop. Sometimes when I had a wide open scroll and no plans I would just go to the cave and grab things at random to get the eggs moving and see what comes up. 

Find a reason to collect some commons, start a lineage project. Anything that gets you egg hunting and moving eggs yourself without just endlessly refreshing and waiting for a lucky break. 

And yea, maybe you'll never get it. No big deal. I'll probably never have a Neglected but that doesn't mean I can't be happy with my collection :)

You can get CB Metals without catching them. I have never been able to catch anything more rare than an alt Ridgewing yet I have 6 CB Silvers. Only one of them is from a 2G Prize trade. The rest are from mass CB Halloween hatchling trades or the Market. But yes, they are hard to catch in the cave. That's why they're rare. It's definitely not impossible though because I see them all the time in trade threads--it just comes down to timing and luck. I don't think you should give up over this. There's so much more to DC than catching CB Metals.

By the way, rants should really go here: 

Edited by The Dragoness

In all my time playing, since 2008, I saw maybe 4-6 CB golds?

I have only ever caught my first CB gold last year, early dec. I took an egg and refreshed, behind the egg was him: 

https://dragcave.net/view/6pcog

Dont think Ive ever caught my own Cb silver tho... I mainly got my good rares only cuz I got a CB prize to be honest. 

Eventually it will happen, don’t give up! Even if you have to wait what, 10 years XD

I have spent the past week very out of it, dizzy to the point of being unsteady on my feet, couldn't go to work. All because of a new medication I started! And what's worse is that I used to take this exact medication over 15 years ago and it *never* gave me bad side effects at all! Did the ingredients/chemicals change? Was it just too big a dose too fast? Was it interacting with another of my meds? Ugh, it's just so frustrating! (And I know it was definitely that medicine because after emergency-contacting my doctor she told me to stop taking it immediately, and two days later I feel like 90% better.)

Also, as long as I'm here: GET OUT of my freaking head!!! It's been like 14 years, why can't I just forget about you? I've been in a much more serious, much longer relationship since you. Maybe it's just because I've been single for so long I've started thinking about what used to be? But our relationship wasn't exactly healthy. Especially after we broke up. ... I wonder if you'll just stay in my head forever, probably because of that one little sentence from you that meant nothing and everything. I haven't forgotten it. It's the first thing I think of when you come to mind. ... I miss you.

I am a scientific apprentice, and I need to do a project. As I seem to be collecting so much data on this particular subject, I may as well change my subject to: How many bad days at work must pass in a row until a bad day at work is just a day at work? 

Might as well call them just a day at work now.

Why, oh, why do people want to dump messy, very common dragons in the AP.  I have gotten some good stuff, too, though, but I have to wade thru all the other stuff.  

These mood swings can go climb a damn tree. I'm tired of being fine one moment and then explosive the next. My friends don't deserve it and I'm tired of dealing with it. 

Why, oh WHY, can't we choose between a Tinsel or a Shimmer when we win in the raffle? I feel so freaking jealous at all these people with their shiny, pretty, lovely Shimmerscales while I'm stuck with the worst and the ugliest Tinsel I could've possibly won and the one I wanted the least. No, just because I won the raffle doesn't mean I should just shut up and accept what I have, I absolutely hate Tinsels because they look so ugly and boring compared to the much more interesting-looking Shimmerscales. And no, "dislike" is not nearly enough to describe how much I despise Tinsels. The sprite itself shows very little of the dragon's body, for all we know it could be a wyvern or a lindwurm or a poodle because we can't even SEE its body as it's all hidden behind the wing. Shimmerscales, on the other hand, show the dragon's entire body and it has much better posing and more colors than just one.

There's been more than just a small handful of times when I've seriously considered killing my CB Tinsel because I find their sprites so loathsome. I considered killing it shortly after receiving the message that I won, several times I considered killing it when it was growing, and right now I'm considering just stabbing it dead because I'm so jealous. If there's anything that is in dire need of a sprite update/change, it's the Tinsel. Or western Prize dragon or whatever the heck you want to call it.

>inb4 I get a warning for too much sprite bashing... <_<