TJ09

2012-04-25 - The Turpentines

I still haven't managed to grab one sad.gif Any tips?

One technique a lot of players use is to turn off Java and images for your browser when hunting. It helps the pages load faster.

I always have images and javascript up. The second I see the ads flash is when I click. When I got that timing down, I grabbed 2 eggs that way ~

This may slow some others down though =/

Another tip... instead of clicking, I tab and refresh. That way, I don't have to go back and forth between screens so more changes. I look after the drop is done what I caught. I don't look or close tabs during the drop. It's fun to see after the fact!

I still haven't managed to grab one sad.gif Any tips?

Like many have already said, it helps if you turn off JavaScript.

Google the instructions for your browser if you're not exactly sure how to go about it.

I also disable my images from loading and turn off my pop-up blocker. (Though you might want to keep that on just in case. I have good security software and have never had any pop-up issues on DC so I feel fairly safe doing so.)

Then Refresh like crazy!

It's the only way I can ever get any new releases or holiday drops.

Edited by Onyx-Dragoness

YUP New release!!

I got 3 in that drop <3 for a total of 4 was afraid I wasn't going to get any again!!

Technique. click furiously as the page loads, and as soon as you click once on the egg link itself (in internet explorer it pops up a tiny white boxed url in the bottom left corner, telling you what url you're hovering over) hit refresh before it even has time to register that you clicked the egg while that url displayed. You're computer will refresh your page on the biome but DC will have registered the click. "No sorry you missed it" page but when you go back to your scroll any eggs you managed to catch(while bypassing the extra loaded pages) got snuggly slid onto your scroll all sneaky like past your slow computer system smile.gif Works pretty well for me...in the fact that I get any at all!!

GOOD luck out there!!!

I managed to grab three by hitting F5, and then CTRL + Clicking the left-most egg so it opened in a new tab, then rinsing and repeating til I had about 50 tabs open. xd.png

I managed to grab three by hitting F5, and then CTRL + Clicking the left-most egg so it opened in a new tab, then rinsing and repeating til I had about 50 tabs open. xd.png

Exactly what I do. I refresh and then right click +T until the drop is done and then check out what I managed to catch. Oh, except that I go for right most egg.

Edited by Lyricmaniac

Another tip... instead of clicking, I tab and refresh. That way, I don't have to go back and forth between screens so more changes. I look after the drop is done what I caught. I don't look or close tabs during the drop. It's fun to see after the fact!

Same here wink.gif

It's usually the pages that take extra, extra long to load that let me know I was successful biggrin.gif

Tip for those infuriated by having to refresh and accidently refreshing the 'egg taken by someone else' page:

Go to the alpine biome and pick either the left, right, or middle position and stick to it. (I used the middle and got two in less than 10 seconds on the midnight drop; may not work so well for the 5 minute ones)

INSTEAD of clicking normally and trying to refresh the page before it changes, use the scroll-wheel to click and refresh immediately after each click (clicking the scroll wheel opens links in new tabs on most computers I've seen). Let the tabs pile up; don't bother to check them until the release is over or you may miss out. After the release is over, close the tabs and look in your cave. You should have gotten a couple at least. Be quick.

Sorry if someone else has already posted this tip.

Wow! Great! I am lucky enough to catch a pair of them, with funny codes!

Thank you, TJ!

uhmm... how long plz? I'm from a different timezone and... I just saw this...

please say they'll be around longer *hatchyeyes*

**sighs** Nothing so far, and it's almost bedtime. I guess I can get one tomorrow if my computer stops lagging. >.< **kicks it**

No eggs yet, but I'm not really surprised, with my slow computer. dry.gif It was like this for me with the Moonstones and the Gold Wyverns. xd.png

Oh, well...While everyone else is going new egg crazy, I caught a CB Pink, a 2nd Gen Red, and 2 Stairstep Spring eggs that I intend to freeze once they turn into hatchlings. tongue.gif

So thanks to those of you that dropped your rare/uncommon eggs into the AP! biggrin.gif

Edited by BrightStarBella

I am pretty sure they will be around for a while, if they weren't TJ would have said otherwise.

uhmm... how long plz? I'm from a different timezone and... I just saw this...

please say they'll be around longer *hatchyeyes*

Unless it's a holiday release or TJ has specifically said something to the contrary, releases are permanent.

Doya know which these are, then? :3

=D